Firewood Vaporizer

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
20201209-091700.jpg

florduh

I see. Still waiting on mine, so was having problems visualizing this. So the idea is, because the battery door isn't airtight (because it's wood), a small amount of air could make it past those gnarly looking electronics? I'm again wondering how big of an issue this is when fully assembled.

If it is an air inlet and you blocked it, it would probably affect the default temperature calibration.
Right. And it wasn't easy cutting those little slots, so there was clearly thought behind it.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I haven't received mine yet, but I don't want to believe it's an air intake directly to the electronics

Air inlet was probably the wrong word, I just mean if the routing has already been accounted for in the design, then blocking it could potentially affect the temperature calibration.

And that’s just going off what someone above mentioned regarding the airflow, I’m not very familiar with this vape other than noticing that owners seem to really be loving it. :rockon:

Chingas

I thought so too, but the posts seemed a bit different. I could be wrong though @Chingas is that you?

Wasn't me but I saw that thread too. For funsies I just taped over those 2 openings and covered the 4 inlets and it is the same results. FWIW I don't think any air is flowing through those 2 openings and over the circuit board. :sherlock:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Wasn't me but I saw that thread too. For funsies I just taped over those 2 openings and covered the 4 inlets and it is the same results. FWIW I don't think any air is flowing through those 2 openings and over the circuit board. :sherlock:
The air, at least as it seems to me, is coming through the battery compartment.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I see. Still waiting on mine, so was having problems visualizing this. So the idea is, because the battery door isn't airtight (because it's wood), a small amount of air could make it past those gnarly looking electronics? I'm again wondering how big of an issue this is when fully assembled.

The side in the picture is not the battery door side, it is the other side btw, for mouthpiece

florduh

The side in the picture is not the battery door side, it is the other side btw, for mouthpiece
Thanks. Same sort of idea though. Because it’s not possible to make a sliding wood door airtight, some air could pass over those electronics vents in use... I just think “in use” are the operative words here.

I’m speaking out of my butt though since I don’t have my unit yet. Hopefully it’s not an issue though. In my light research for a backup portable to compliment the 7, I realized nothing really checks all the boxes the Firewood does. I just want a clean vapor path box checked as well.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Air inlet was probably the wrong word, I just mean if the routing has already been accounted for in the design, then blocking it could potentially affect the temperature calibration.

And that’s just going off what someone above mentioned regarding the airflow, I’m not very familiar with this vape other than noticing that owners seem to really be loving it. :rockon:
I believe that these two small rectangles are for ventilation of the board, but it seems, from the descriptions there is a passage from here to the bowl, if I understand correctly.

Chingas

in the interest of science I decided to take the top and bottom parts off and covered the top of the bowl, the 4 inlets & the 2 rectangular openings. I then grabbed my old ecig and blew vapor through the bottom of the bowl. The vapor seemed to come out in the area of the positive battery contact, hard to tell exactly where. I then did the same thing but I removed the tape from the rectangles and vapor poured out of them.

I guess air can flow over the circuit board. Probably helps cool the battery down? As far as my whispy vapor yesterday I realized this morning I was vaping on temp 1 with a bowl I had already used on temp 1. I thought it was a fresh bowl on temp 3. I was wrong, oops.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Thanks. Same sort of idea though. Because it’s not possible to make a sliding wood door airtight, some air could pass over those electronics vents in use... I just think “in use” are the operative words here.

I’m speaking out of my butt though since I don’t have my unit yet. Hopefully it’s not an issue though. In my light research for a backup portable to compliment the 7, I realized nothing really checks all the boxes the Firewood does. I just want a clean vapor path box checked as well.

Well the vapor path itself, vapor is still being made in the ceramic oven through mostly conduction, then you are inhaling the vapor through the ceramic tubes below, into the ceramic mouthpiece holder for the right angle bend, then into the glass mouthpiece into your mouth... So personally I do not see any issue here, an isolated air path is less important with on-demand vaping, in my experience, at least compared to session vapes that have a non isolated air path...

When in proper use, I just do not see any issues here. No one should be blowing vapor back up through, and when you do all these air intake hole covering tests, you are essentially doing a mod to do these tests... Yes sliding door hard to be air tight, various other openings in the build, but depending on usage I don't think there's any problem.

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I dont see a problem either, as mentioned IF any air is passing over electronics, its cool and fresh air, not hot vapor, the vapor path is direct and not going through any BS.

My whole thing is mostly just confusion of where the air is coming from if I plug the air intakes and plug the bowl with my finger. That *should* be an airtight seal, no? Or am I missing something completely obvious?

Chingas

When in proper use, I just do not see any issues here. No one should be blowing vapor back up through, and when you do all these air intake hole covering tests, you are essentially doing a mod to do these tests... Yes sliding door hard to be air tight, various other openings in the build, but depending on usage I don't think there's any problem.
^this^
I'm just locked down, unemployed again & can't go home for Christmas while my roomie does. I'm so bored.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I haven't looked at the board, but I see what looks like the same two chips in that photo of the slots. It could be that those chips get a bit toasty and the slots are just to keep them from touching the wood.

SixStringToker,
Reactions: florduh

Shit Snacks

I haven't looked at the board, but I see what looks like the same two chips in that photo of the slots. It could be that those chips get a bit toasty and the slots are just to keep them from touching the wood.

They are not two chips, it is two different holes to view the same computer board... I believe earlier in the thread, Marc even shared photos, and may have explained their purpose as well... Could just be superficial!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: seki

florduh

When in proper use, I just do not see any issues here. No one should be blowing vapor back up through, and when you do all these air intake hole covering tests, you are essentially doing a mod to do these tests...

That was my thought as well. Covering holes to try and see where air is coming from is modifying how the airflow is intended to work in use. It's not as if the air is being directed through the circuit board area during normal operation.

This sort of reminds me of jokes I've heard about avoiding the COVID vaccine due to health concerns. Stuff like "If you eat McDonald's sober, you shouldn't be worrying about the vaccine." If the fact this circuit board isn't hermetically sealed is going to give me ass cancer or something in a few decades, I'm probably already fucked given the number of "toxins" I consume on a daily basis just breathing in a semi urban area.

Since moving back to the former Confederacy I've met multiple people who do virtually all of their smoking out of metal pipes. This conversation would seem insane to them.

Top Bottom