Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djsleepy

Got email from company I ordered extra lids from and they were out so they refunded me , went thru firefly now getting reg black and oak....and I think I’m starting to have feelings for this vape!

Hi everyone, after reading many forum pages, and having received a lot of advice from some of you I ordered a firefly 2+ (hoping it won't irritate my throat as much as the other vaporizers I've tried). I have a doubt, do you think an ISO cleaning every 3 bowls would be fine? I would use it every day and I'm afraid that in a short time the holes in the bowl will plug. Is there a problem that exists?

Cimino-Elporro,

ginolicious

Hi everyone, after reading many forum pages, and having received a lot of advice from some of you I ordered a firefly 2+ (hoping it won't irritate my throat as much as the other vaporizers I've tried). I have a doubt, do you think an ISO cleaning every 3 bowls would be fine? I would use it every day and I'm afraid that in a short time the holes in the bowl will plug. Is there a problem that exists?

Don’t grind fine and it won’t clog. If it does. You get a pin. Poke out the holes that are clogged and then get an air in a can to blow it out after wiping with iso.

ginolicious,

Djsleepy

I find the glass path needs to be cleaned more than holes in chamber, the holes on chamber are super small imo

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Djsleepy

I used a lancet from my diabetes gear, so If you don’t have a kit this works !

Djsleepy,
Thank you all, it might sound silly as a question, but if I put the concentrate pad in the bowl as a base, wouldn't I avoid getting dirty / plugging holes? I hope it will come to me soon that I am curious to try this fantastic vaporizer

Cimino-Elporro,

Djsleepy

Thank you all, it might sound silly as a question, but if I put the concentrate pad in the bowl as a base, wouldn't I avoid getting dirty / plugging holes? I hope it will come to me soon that I am curious to try this fantastic vaporizer

From my short experience with it I would say pad on bottom would burn up product immediately but FF says you could use pad on top to micro dose

Torbill

I have the upgraded Firefly 2. There is a problem. Over time it has gradually become harder to get it to go on. There are the two tiny buttions that I have to make contact with. More and more, they don’t work. I push soft, I push hard, I wet my fingers, I dry my fingers, I have even hit the buttons lightly with an emory board. Nothing fixes the trouble. Any suggestions?

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Air in a can usually has other substances in it besides air. I wouldn't spray that into the bowl.

The Giotto Rocket Air Blower works great for me

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00017LSPI/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_NKeNEbXZ8R30P

20200419-084219.jpg

NYC_Frank,

Some-new-user

I have the upgraded Firefly 2. There is a problem. Over time it has gradually become harder to get it to go on. There are the two tiny buttions that I have to make contact with. More and more, they don’t work. I push soft, I push hard, I wet my fingers, I dry my fingers, I have even hit the buttons lightly with an emory board. Nothing fixes the trouble. Any suggestions?
Do you have access to the app? I have seen a few posts from people who have had their FF2 upgraded (by firefly) to the 2+
They have had issues with the buttons too and have used the app to allow either button to be pressed to activate the heater.

Some-new-user,

LabPong

For the buttons......if your having issues.

I clean my buttons off every once and awhile with iso. Also if your like me and are in a dry area...and you have dryness issues in your finger tips....just moisten your fingers and touch the buttons....they conduct better that way.

LabPong,

ginolicious

Just got my unit. So happy with the full gold. Looks amazing. This vape has the best feel I have ever felt in a vape. It just feels top notch quality. It’s very sleek. Very cool looking and sophisticated if a vape could be sophisticated. I’m charging now. The lid is very strong to pry off. I didn’t get it off first try. So that’s very good how it closes tight. I just don’t know if I need to clean the air paths, mouth pieces and bowl with the wipes provided before my first session. Really looking forward to this. My 420 session sucked. After a week with the use square performing amazing. It did not perform at all today.

LitPot

Just got my unit. So happy with the full gold. Looks amazing. This vape has the best feel I have ever felt in a vape. It just feels top notch quality. It’s very sleek. Very cool looking and sophisticated if a vape could be sophisticated. I’m charging now. The lid is very strong to pry off. I didn’t get it off first try. So that’s very good how it closes tight. I just don’t know if I need to clean the air paths, mouth pieces and bowl with the wipes provided before my first session. Really looking forward to this. My 420 session sucked. After a week with the use square performing amazing. It did not perform at all today.

I would compare the fire fly 2+ to an iphone without a case very sleek. But I think they recommend ruining it on max temp for a couple minutes like most vapes. However, I just went for it though and I havent died yet but it cant hurt to heat it up quick and wipe it down before loading. Enjoy it, coming from the haze square it is very easy to use.

LitPot,

ginolicious

Really loving this thing. Got 5-7 real nice hits before I had to empty my bowl. Guess I didn’t pack enough. Lol. I think medium high is too high for me. Nice cloud production but now I got a tickle in the back of my throat. And the screen does it go in anyway for the mouthpiece or is there a right way lol.

im having issues changing my temp without app. I press right button and then tap left 3 times. I go to change the temp by hitting the left button again and it only blinks once for temp. What’s going on?

figured it out. I been baking on the lowest setting and still clouds.

Last edited:

collegeKid101

Anybody order recently as part of the 420 sale that can speak to the processing/shipping delay? How long should I wait for an “its been shipped” email before reaching out?

collegeKid101,

floribud

Really loving this thing. Got 5-7 real nice hits before I had to empty my bowl. Guess I didn’t pack enough. Lol. I think medium high is too high for me. Nice cloud production but now I got a tickle in the back of my throat. And the screen does it go in anyway for the mouthpiece or is there a right way lol.

im having issues changing my temp without app. I press right button and then tap left 3 times. I go to change the temp by hitting the left button again and it only blinks once for temp. What’s going on?

figured it out. I been baking on the lowest setting and still clouds.

The FF2+ warms up over time. If you use the app and set it to 250º and take the complete 26 second inhales you'll get clouds by the third or fourth draw. After that you can take slightly smaller ones and still get vapor. But even though you didn't get visible exhale vapor you'll probably start to feel medicated and the flavor will be amazing.

When I get new herb I like to do something like this:
  • dry hit maybe 10 seconds - get a little taste
  • 200F maybe 15-20 seconds really unlocks the terps
  • 250F full 26 seconds - now I'm felling it
  • 260F
  • 280F
  • 300F - hang out here for a while maybe go up or down depending on the situation
The when you go slow you really get the full entourage effect and you can identify the individual terpenes. Perfect for laying in bed and lounging around.

I have gold too. Love it. The FF may take while to get used to. I didn't love it at first after using a Tera, Dynavap and MFLB. Was annoyed by the stirring and it seemed really primitive compared to the Tera. The Tera always make complete even AVB no matter what you throw in it, the MFLB you could just shake to stir, but the FF requires this tedius careful stirring. I think I put it down for a few months after the first couple weeks, but then I came back to it... especially after trying an MV-1. The Ghost made me realize how much I like the FF2+, if I want huge clouds just set it to 420 and stir after every draw... powerful, efficient and tastier than everything on the markets except a FF2+ set to 320º

Btw did you like the Ambit? How did it break? Almost bought one yesterday for $46, but I held off. Is it basically like a Fury or POTV One?

floribud,

Zoppo

Started in 2014 as medical user with the Arizer Solo, than came the Mighty, the Solo II, the Argo, the Ghost MV 1, the Mighty Medic. Just ordered the Firefly 2+, will it beat the Solo II in flavour and efficiency? Will the draw be cooler than that of the Mighty? All the vapes I got (and still own) are first-class, but all are different and different to the reviews (mostly).
The tracking says the ff2+ arrives on Friday ...

Zoppo,

ginolicious

Started in 2014 as medical user with the Arizer Solo, than came the Mighty, the Solo II, the Argo, the Ghost MV 1, the Mighty Medic. Just ordered the Firefly 2+, will it beat the Solo II in flavour and efficiency? Will the draw be cooler than that of the Mighty? All the vapes I got (and still own) are first-class, but all are different and different to the reviews (mostly).
The tracking says the ff2+ arrives on Friday ...

I can’t comment on the other vapes as I don’t own any. What I can say is that the standard setting on the firefly I believe 5, was way too hot for me after a bowl.

ginolicious,

Zoppo

I can’t comment on the other vapes as I don’t own any. What I can say is that the standard setting on the firefly I believe 5, was way too hot for me after a bowl.

I have two temperatures for the evening and one for during the day. Seems the firefly 2+ has exactly those temperatures I'm using now in the Mighty Medic, that's the 2 (182°C/360°F) and the 4 (204°C/400°F) for the evening. During the day the 3 (193°C/380°F). The 182°C is the temperature I take for the terpenesession and to cook a little bit CBN out of the THC, after this session I vape the material again with 204°C sometimes 210°C in the Mighty. The 193°C during the day is the sweet spot (nearly).

But my temperatures are very flexible, it depends mostly on the strain and my tongue

Zoppo,

LabPong

I have two temperatures for the evening and one for during the day. Seems the firefly 2+ has exactly those temperatures I'm using now in the Mighty Medic, that's the 2 (182°C/360°F) and the 4 (204°C/400°F) for the evening. During the day the 3 (193°C/380°F). The 182°C is the temperature I take for the terpenesession and to cook a little bit CBN out of the THC, after this session I vape the material again with 204°C sometimes 210°C in the Mighty. The 193°C during the day is the sweet spot (nearly).

But my temperatures are very flexible, it depends mostly on the strain and my tongue

You can change the heat settings by every 10 degrees F. The FF2 will have better taste than the arizers...but it is very different as it is a convection vape and not a conduction vape. So not only will there be a difference from the heater type signature to the taste/feel....there is the difference from being a convection extraction as well.

You can do temp stepping just by duration of draws and how close the back to back draws are. I just leave mine for flower set to 370F. Which is close to what I set my arizers at.... 378F.

LabPong,

Some-new-user

Got the gold yesterday. I bought the 2 literally days before the + was announced - really gutted about that but meh. Now it was 420 and I had a bit of cash as I haven't been out for a while, I was microdosing on a fierce and solo and also had a T break too so why not eh?

Turns out the lid on my 2 just doesn't sit right - I had contacted FF support initially about usage and got some technique down. Really enjoyed the 2 for concentrates but there's no 'draw resistance' there unless I squish the lid down near the oven at the same time as holding the button(s) So with the + lid on my 2 I can now feel that restriction.

On the 2+ - this is much more restricted to what I originally had with the 2 but yes less than the 2 now I know what that's supposed to feel like.

I don't mind it (the resistance) it's like if I cram a mighty dosing cap really really dense and use the milkshake analogy. I think also being able to modulate your draw, your breathing technique and bearing in mind what these devices are actually doing (heating algorithms) can be a make or break on your experience. I wouldn't use a firefly the same way I would a pax.

I really love the vapour profile on the Firefly, really clean really clear - never tried an OG but now I can use my 2 properly the profile is pretty much the same - maybe if I'm pushed a little fuller on the 2+. It seems to preserve terps better than the ghost and it can go lower than the ghost - great for lavender and eucalyptus.

The 2+ does seem a little better at extraction and a little more forgiving in the stirring department but it still needs stirring otherwise the herb on the bottom of the chamber gets a lot more roasted than the herb at the top. Keep it moving and it roasts more even.

The Firefly 2+ will probably get much more use than the 2 did. I was a little disappointed that they left accessories out at the sacrifice of cost. One of my 2 batteries swelled, I don't know how or why. Its a battery, they do that. It was nice having a spare. It was nice having that spare provided. Same with a pick and brush plus the mains adaptor (wall plug USB) the 2 came with a US one (I'm UK) so I either had to buy an adaptor (which I despise using due to safety concerns) or use a USB plug of my own. I'm sure this was why my battery swelled, I can't say for sure. I'm not dwelling on that.

I honestly really wish they would release a home dock so if you are at home you could use this without the need for batteries. A home dock with a battery charging space even better.

I think the logo should definitely be a screen or have more feedback over the duration of your draw. Like how it flashes green. Could this flash faster after 10 seconds so you know the length of your draw without counting - change this length in the app for a fully customisable experience? I just know that if I take much longer rips my bud seems more roasted and I feel I'm at greater risk of combustion or getting that 'over roasted' taste.

Really glad I purchased this one - especially at the time we're in. I'm able to use small loads - just picking a few bits by hand and pop them in the chamber. It's one of them where you have to spend time with it, keep it clean, stir. Find your sweet spot - it's shaped/styled like a pipe so I'm going to treat it like a vape pipe:)

Love it. Enjoy all.

Last edited:
Some-new-user,

einvape

Don’t grind fine and it won’t clog. If it does. You get a pin. Poke out the holes that are clogged and then get an air in a can to blow it out after wiping with iso.
I've recently seen this disassembly video, where he explains that you shouldn't poke out the holes and use condensed air, because that will just blow the gunk into your circuitboard.

einvape,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom