Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMarteng

Hey fellas!
Some info for those greatly VASing a FF2+:
Got a good deal on a FF2+(oak) a couple of days ago and after I drained 5 batteries, here is my first review.
First hands on was underwhelming. Not bad, but miles behind the Mighty or TM.
Luckily after some little temp tweaks it is similar performance, this is high shelf portability!
Tastewise it is better than most of my devices, but is it best??
Its not a clear YES for me, I had great flavour out of the TM, Lotus and even the Mighty most times.
Battery life is absolutely ok, its 6-7 bowls at least with 6-8 draws per session on 190-210°C.
I had 3 bowls burned so far, but I guess I need to get to know it a bit better.

This vape is for anyone looking for a quiet and sexy piece, that wants to be used at home.
Its my "treat yourself" vape after a hard day or if I get some really sticky icky.
I use it alone almost all of the time and I do enjoy the process of using it a lot.
Never had a Vape with real airflow restriction like a FF1, but the airflow on the FF2+ is the most noticable among my devices. Its not too bad, feels like a pipe where you have your finger on the air hole.
And thats why I like it, for me it feels like an electrical Lotus/Pipe mix.
The stirring, the packing, the usage, it all feels like using a good ol pipe and thats great.
Its capable of producing big clouds with very little throat irritation and thats why its gonna be my new vape for pandemics :D No coughs = healthier throat!
Wouldnt recommend to anyone as a first vape, although its not too hard to master.
Would recommend to anyone with a big comfy armchair, a lover of bathrobes, a finer gentleman/woman enjoying the whole ceremony, etc.

Cleaning is a bitch though, can be cleaned very fast but so far I had to do it every day for optimal results.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Will be using this vape now 90% of the time due to the not coughing.
Lets see if I feel any significant differences in my lungs/throat in the long run.
Have a nice day everyone and stay safe!

DonMarteng

Why do you think that is? Does the FF2+ cool down the vapor more than the Mighty, for example?

I cant say for sure, but from my experience I use the Mighty at 185°C and the Firefly at 205°C before I start coughing. The Firefly in this comparison gets me more baked without a risk to cough. I like the Mighty but its not as cool, Id also say Im sensitive so if you have no coughing issues just go with the Mighty. I dont think this vape stands out in any way, but its a solid experience for sure.

jbm

I cant say for sure, but from my experience I use the Mighty at 185°C and the Firefly at 205°C before I start coughing. The Firefly in this comparison gets me more baked without a risk to cough. I like the Mighty but its not as cool, Id also say Im sensitive so if youu have no coughing issues just go with the Mighty. This piece is unnecessary, but damn fine luxury ;D
I also have both and the FF2+ is much cooler and more flavorful than the Mighty. I like the mighty and it produces great vapor, but in terms of taking a couple hits and coming back (on demand) it's the FF2+ hands down. I know there's numerous strategies for making the Mighty more microdose friendly, but I really don't reach for it unless I intend to cash the whole thing at a sitting.

Godspeed

I used the FF2 until I moved to a titanium Omnivap by Dynavap. I have several now and love them. Perfect for microdosing and super easy to clean.

The stirring, poor customer service and constant battery issues relegated the FF2 to the trash heap.

If you’re looking for a battery operated vape, I believe there are many other companies offering superior products.

LabPong

I used the FF2 until I moved to a titanium Omnivap by Dynavap. I have several now and love them. Perfect for microdosing and super easy to clean.

The stirring, poor customer service and constant battery issues relegated the FF2 to the trash heap.

If you’re looking for a battery operated vape, I believe there are many other companies offering superior products.

I am guessing you only used your FF2 for flower, and it was awhile ago? With new software the battery issues are not a problem for me....my FF2 works just like my FF2+. Both excel at pressed flower on the concentrate pad....no other portable electric comes close!

But I could also say the same as you for the Dynavaps.....there are much superior products for butane use. ;)

But I would agree...stirring flower use in the FF2 is a pia....if I do it...I use whole chucks and do not grind...works so much better that way to keep clean.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Why do you think that is? Does the FF2+ cool down the vapor more than the Mighty, for example?
It’s the glass plate and stainless steel lid....those materials suck heat right out of the vapor. The FF1 uses all SS instead of glass and the vapor is actually a little bit cooler than the FF2 (though the 2 is a better vape overall).

Djsleepy

Ok ...what kind of noise should I be hearing when inhaling....airy? Jet take off?etc? Just little noise around mp?

Djsleepy,

LabPong

It’s the glass plate and stainless steel lid....those materials suck heat right out of the vapor. The FF1 uses all SS instead of glass and the vapor is actually a little bit cooler than the FF2 (though the 2 is a better vape overall).

yea.....the FF2 is one of very few I can handle mouth to vape with ....usually everything else through water for me. So this vape is pretty much my out and about use for semi stealth use. And that is usually loaded with flower rosin on the pad.

LitPot

Put the concentrate pad on top of some flower last night and it worked really good. I always tell myself not to vape the whole bowl but once I get started it is easier said than done. So if you have the same self control problem I have then I would recommend using the concentrate pad on top of the flower for microdosing.

LitPot,

Djsleepy

I Had it , then I lost it....I can tell I’m close to getting it, but it sucks when your first bowl goes perfect then issues #vapeworldproblems lol

EDIT: How many hits should I expect at 360,380 per bowl? TIA

Last edited:
Djsleepy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
So I had a FF2+ in my posession briefly, here's what I can tell you.

It does yield easier and better performance than the FF2. It's a great casual desktop/portable vape where you can just leave it packed, heat it up, and take a hit before setting it down for a while.

By no means is it my favorite but it's a solid vape overall tbh

ginolicious

How is everyone cleaning the mouthpiece itself? Is that iso safe?
Looking at grabbing this with a 15% off for 420. Need a convection vape more reliable than my haze square.

ginolicious,

LitPot

How is everyone cleaning the mouthpiece itself? Is that iso safe?
Looking at grabbing this with a 15% off for 420. Need a convection vape more reliable than my haze square.
With the way the vaporpath works the mouthpiece does not get very dirty at all. I occasionally have to pull it out and just blow on the screen to get little pieces of herb off it. It doesn't get sticky from resin though like the haze vapes with the mouthpiece that tended to occasionally get stuck with lack of cleaning.

LitPot,

Ernielicous

Yeah the mp really doesnt get dirty like that, but iso would work great if it ever does. I honestly took the screen off of mine, it helps a whole lot more with air flow.

Djsleepy

Yeah the mp really doesnt get dirty like that, but iso would work great if it ever does. I honestly took the screen off of mine, it helps a whole lot more with air flow.

Really ???? Makes that much difference? ?? Gonna have to try thanks!

Djsleepy,

Djsleepy

To all question.....I'm hand shredding.and packing tight ....I'm using 380 right now and I'm getting 2-3 hits.and 2-3 bowls.before battery.is spent is that normal? And at 380 with a fresh battery and nothing in chamber should I have a bright glow like online or was that mktg? It just seems others I previously read in this.forum are getting double the number of hits.....so what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Djsleepy,

someTooL

The bright glow will happen when you first engage the heater. It won’t last through the whole heating cycle.

As far as pack/hits/battery life. I grind medium, load a full chamber with a little dome (not packed) I temp step, 2 hits each at level 4-6. Hits 5-6 are sometime give or take depending on strain. Stirring before each temp step. Also when you stir, move the greenest towards the front where the air pulls over. Following this method I can consistently get 3-4 sessions.

Djsleepy

The bright glow will happen when you first engage the heater. It won’t last through the whole heating cycle.

As far as pack/hits/battery life. I grind medium, load a full chamber with a little dome (not packed) I temp step, 2 hits each at level 4-6. Hits 5-6 are sometime give or take depending on strain. Stirring before each temp step. Also when you stir, move the greenest towards the front where the air pulls over. Following this method I can consistently get 3-4 sessions.

Cool! Thanks! I assume slow draw.from the stomach?

Djsleepy,

Djsleepy

Yep. Make that train whistle blow lol.

One last question how loud should the.train whistle get? Meaning do I increase as.I go or slow and steady?

It's so weird I've gotten so incredibly flavorful hits and then I don't do something exactly as i did before then i lose it

I use humidity packs should I dry out my bud more?

Djsleepy,

someTooL

Have had the same experience. Consistent draw speed is a must with this one. It’s kind of the medium whistle best way to describe for me lol. The FF2+ heating cycle actually increases throughout you hit. And hit for the full time the light is green...and just a little after. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom