Firefly 1, 2, 2+

R1ng0

My FF2+ is long retired to the collection storage but when I did use it this was the way. I used a titanium screen (Search Amazon: "5/8 Inch (.625") Titanium Rigid Concave") over the bowl and use a medium or medium+ grind to prevent snacks from getting through. You can use any 5/8 screen in a pinch though. Contrary to popular belief of slow draw/no whistle/back draw off when you hear the whistle, etc... Set it to level High (right before concentrate mode) 105% via app/webapp and start pulling STRONG right at the first 3 second mark when the glow is at its max. Get that whistle goin.. Clouds 😀

My question is spliff tho? You mixing with tobacco? Sacrilegious! Nevermind if it's just a language thing.. lol.

I never understood how that whole spliff scene got started.. More of a European thing, yeah? We need a movement to stop it.. Tobacco and herb should never be mixed.. Maybe in the beginning you think it was adding to the buzz from the nicotine, and it may have some truth to it/lightheaded feeling, but nicotine tolerance is insanely mad quick and now it's just giving you the nicotine addiction pull where you want or feel a need to vape just to satisfy the nicotine fix.. Same with tobacco blunt wraps, blah. Work to getting to enjoy just the pure herb on its own.. There is no addictive pull to vape then.. If you can get off the nicotine it's more of a habit at that point and a habit that you enjoy doing.. You won't get the nicotine jumpyness if you have to stop for a while. Just anger that you can't vape and maybe some vivid dreams as the thc starts to lower in your system. Sorry about the rant.. I'm not anti-nicotine (I vape my own e-juice, lol), smoke on! Just anti-mix.. Stop the Spliff! -rant over-
Lol but we roll pure spliffs or blunts in cellulose papers

R1ng0

I have to agree about flav it's deffo the best I do clean mine after every bowl as I always find that easier then letting resin build up. Having said that have it on 190 med in the app some killer Runtz and 8 - 10 sec whistles later it's unreal.With out a doubt the best vape for flav and smoothness and even for length of a quality session, it's my goto vape for any new herbs :)

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Anyone have an OG firefly? Lol

Don't have the FF2 any longer but the FF1 is still flying high

20181109-192809.jpg

seedy53

I have to agree about flav it's deffo the best I do clean mine after every bowl as I always find that easier then letting resin build up. Having said that have it on 190 med in the app some killer Runtz and 8 - 10 sec whistles later it's unreal.With out a doubt the best vape for flav and smoothness and even for length of a quality session, it's my goto vape for any new herbs :)
think the angus enhanced is better tasting and flavor, just my opinion.
too me, the avlp is equal to the firefly 2 (never had the 2+.. i kept breaking the top lid gave it or sold it to a family member many years ago with my 3rd lid those glass lids are not cheap).

seedy53,
Reactions: MHL

R1ng0

too me, the avlp is equal to the firefly 2 (never had the 2+.. i kept breaking the top lid gave it or sold it to a family member many years ago with my 3rd lid those glass lids are not cheap).
Hi seedy,
As I rate everyone in this forum I gave picked one up full kit for £160 from rec vape supplies 18% off sale so I'll letc you know once it arrives :) your timing for the tip was excellent so thanks :)

MHL

Try hard noob
For me, they're far too delicate. The battery is a bit pants and the proprietry battery and charger is a pita.

BUT... the firefly has to be one of the most enjoyable vapes I've ever used. Even down to the glowing bowl - which I know is a LED driven lie - but it feels lovely to vape on, and on the first hit you get such delicate tangy terpy flavours. Easy to pocket when you're out and about too.

What I don't understand is why they ruined the classic look but putting that stupid omega logo thing on the 2+. 😕

Astedra

24 pages for all the fireflies?!. I thought it be more. Now for my question how often does the firefly 2+ combust? Even my solo 3 has combusted a little, but it's rare.

Astedra,

floribud

Now for my question how often does the firefly 2+ combust? Even my solo 3 has combusted a little, but it's rare.
Firefly doesn't combust. It does char herb on the bottom if you don't stir. It's actually really easy to char your herb if you don't stir. However with a fresh stir and even a 25 second draw, you won't get any charing.

It's still a remarkable device in that way

I have a Ruby Angus, and while I like it alot, it's not quite Firefly vapor quality. For me the AVLP is my daily driver. I love that I can set it to 275 session and recreate those loooonng flavorful firefly draws without needing to stir. However I thing the flavor on the FF is still just a bit better than the AVLP. It's just impossible to use the Firefly when I'm out walking the dog. Gotta stop, open the top and stir. If I open the top, inevitably a gust of wind come along and there goes my herb.(well not everytime, but enough to get annoyed). FYI I also have a Venty and the FF2+ still tops them all for flavor(but not by much), but there's nothing quite like the low temping on the Venty with no air restriction...

floribud,

seedy53

does low temp vaping the 3 out of 5 stock temp setting of 356f- 375f- 395f angus enhanced-full adjustable bigger airflow tops them all, not the angus ruby. just my opinion but not an established fact.
with programming cable you can make 5 different custom heat setting max 430f

Last edited:
seedy53,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
24 pages for all the fireflies?!. I thought it be more. Now for my question how often does the firefly 2+ combust? Even my solo 3 has combusted a little, but it's rare.

There are actually more pages, this thread was created when FC moved to a different server briefly thinking we would lose this one, so a new thread was started for all three models... If you go to the beginning of this thread, I believe there should be a link to each of those old threads for each of the FF models, with many more posts :tup:

There's honestly no way to answer that question, it would depend on your use, I run pretty low temps so combustion is impossible? But full extraction is also quite difficult and tedious, I think it is easy to accidentally overcook parts, scorch, combustion or not, ruining the experience quite a bit... Good flavor takes good bud and good grind stirred, the original used to be really nice with a whole nug that you could flip and then break apart as you go, can get pretty messy, no way to fully clean this thing... Anyway I don't really have combustion problems because of the technique and cautions I take, probably would be more enjoyable if I turn the temp up and learn to control it better again? But as I said it is a tedious vape, so I don't reach for it compared to many others I have and use much more... I think you have much more control, than the solo three, since this is actually true on demand pure convection (although it does have a bit of conduction radiant heat happening, just like solo has a lot more conduction radiant heat with plenty of convection happening, although even beyond demand mode there is still a session oriented device, you can control with the heat settings and time settings, but yes I think that's what makes it easier to combust in a sense if you're not fully in sync with the material you're using and everything else so you could overcook quicker without realizing it? FF you would have more sense of what you are doing as you are creating the vapor with your inhale much more so, making it a more manual vape, then the more automatic more vapor created for you Solo, however of course that means FF is also capable of combustion with a high temp depending on your material and how you draw, easy to let go of the button and pull in the fresh air though to cool off and control?)

And in case anyone was wondering my go-to for the style of vaping I used to do with FF was taken over by RBT and then currently TM, with aftermarket all glass cooling stem and hook experiences (more conduction, but I also really rely on FW9 for a better version of the classic FF experience, and I use TetraP80 a lot at home for quick hits through water primarily, while BAK is a nice whole nug conduction counterpart for me too)

Last edited:
Top Bottom