• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

grogazola

You won't be disappointed!
Thank you @Vitolo! I’m so happy to be a part of this community! :)

Thinking of picking up another glass stem for my Woodscents. Are carbless stems preferred for direct draw? Is getting a glass stem with carb holes/airports not advised? I’ve been eyeing some galaxy glass from dynavap as my direct draw glass stem but it seems to have an airport/carb hole...

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thank you @Vitolo! I’m so happy to be a part of this community! :)

Thinking of picking up another glass stem for my Woodscents. Are carbless stems preferred for direct draw? Is getting a glass stem with carb holes/airports not advised? I’ve been eyeing some galaxy glass from dynavap as my direct draw glass stem but it seems to have an airport/carb hole...
I like carbless, but you know the saying.... "different strokes"!

JEMSKU

I just had the credit card I used for Ed's TNT compromised. Hackers attempted to sign up for the service OldReads.com using my name and credit card. Luckily my bank immediately flagged (and declined) the charge and canceled the card, so no real harm.

But, I've only used this particular card a handful of times, so there were a few suspects. And the hacker left a pretty big hint.

I use vanity emails to limit spam: my email for Ed's TNT was tnt@customdomain.com. The email the hacker used for OldReads was tnt83@customdomain.com

Ed's TNT email:
Old Reads email:
My Ed's purchase was back in March, so anyone who purchased between then and now, might want to check your credit card statements.
I hope you passed this on to Ed directly?

I just had the credit card I used for Ed's TNT compromised. Hackers attempted to sign up for the service OldReads.com using my name and credit card. Luckily my bank immediately flagged (and declined) the charge and canceled the card, so no real harm.

But, I've only used this particular card a handful of times, so there were a few suspects. And the hacker left a pretty big hint.

I use vanity emails to limit spam: my email for Ed's TNT was tnt@customdomain.com. The email the hacker used for OldReads was tnt83@customdomain.com

Ed's TNT email:
Old Reads email:
My Ed's purchase was back in March, so anyone who purchased between then and now, might want to check your credit card statements.

Thank you for posting this. I checked my statement and had a similar fraudulent charge. New CC on the way.

@Ed's TnT you may want to look into this Ed.

GoldenBud

omg guys i also got fraudulent charge 1 GBP to some UK music shit, few days after paying in Ed's tnt website. It was the same C.C I used in the website and it was the first time somebody ever made fraudulent charge in the my C.C
it was in Sept and I paid in his website end of Aug.
@Ed's TnT can you recheck it or replace the C.C charging company or so?
(ofc i canceled my old C.C right away but didn't make the connection back then)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
omg guys i also got fraudulent charge 1 GBP to some UK music shit, few days after paying in Ed's tnt website. It was the same C.C I used in the website and it was the first time somebody ever made fraudulent charge in the my C.C
it was in Sept and I paid in his website end of Aug.
@Ed's TnT can you recheck it or replace the C.C charging company or so?
(ofc i canceled my old C.C right away but didn't make the connection back then)
Good morning, I am looking into this now. Hope all is well and wishing you all a great new year.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, I am looking into this now. Hope all is well and wishing you all a great new year.
Good afternoon everyone, heads up my guy has gone through it and has it locked down. All is good now and secure. Have been doing this for 14 years come February and have never had this happen. I apologize for the headaches this has caused.

Want to also say forgive me for my long absence from here, needless to say I have had my hands more than full with biz, life and most importantly my boys. I so hope you all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to 2021 as much as I am and closing the book on 2020.

You know you can always reach me however you like, email, PM, phone or SM get at me whenever I can be helpful and will do my best to be so.

Stay healthy and safe everyone, take care.

Alexis

Thank you for posting this. I checked my statement and had a similar fraudulent charge. New CC on the way.

@Ed's TnT you may want to look into this Ed.
Online scamming and fraud has stepped up hugely in the wake of the chaos and disruption of 2020. Be vigilent! And sometimes we do owe some credit to the Bank's fraud department specifically.

They are surprisingly good at picking things up immediately on many occasions.

slozukimc

Woodscents should be here today!

Do you use the same tips for your Woodscents and your dynavaps? Or do you like to keep them separated?

Thank you! Can’t wait for my first Woodscents puffs today :)
Awesome! Enjoy!

I don’t use the same tip because I have old Dynavap tips that don’t fit the WS airpath. It only gets used on the bubbler anyway so it has its own tip.

Alexis

Woodscents should be here today!

Do you use the same tips for your Woodscents and your dynavaps? Or do you like to keep them separated?

Thank you! Can’t wait for my first Woodscents puffs today :)
Good question. Personally, I would aim to keep them separate. The Dynavap use will impart a noticeable odor into the Ti or SS tip.

The WS barely imparts any odor at all, only a mild and pleasant one.

With the Woodscents, the screens clog much faster. Vapcapping is very un screen clogging in comparison, so keep check and maintenance on that to keep that all important airflow optimum.

Enjoy your Woodscents, and...New Year (I left out the word Happy lol, almost felt trivial and pedantic.)

Damn it...Happy New Year (there, I've said it now! ;))

grogazola

I prefer to use a VC without a condenser with my WS. Currently using a 19M cvap [tip, ccd and body].
Good question. Personally, I would aim to keep them separate. The Dynavap use will impart a noticeable odor into the Ti or SS tip.

The WS barely imparts any odor at all, only a mild and pleasant one.
I don’t use the same tip because I have old Dynavap tips that don’t fit the WS airpath. It only gets used on the bubbler anyway so it has its own tip.

Thank you for your quick replies!

Why no condenser @bizwaxzion?

What kind of heat source do you use @Alexis? Could you describe the flavour difference between your dynavap tips and your Woodscents tips? I’d like to learn more!

Would you use the same tips for your dynavaps and Woodscents if they fit @slozukimc?

Alexis

What kind of heat source do you use @Alexis? Could you describe the flavour difference between your dynavap tips and your Woodscents tips? I’d like to learn more!

Would you use the same tips for your dynavaps and Woodscents if they fit @slozukimc?
I think I can elaborate. I have used my woodscents two ways though water mainly, (I did also use the dry glass tube with inserted screen in the original 2017 package), but I typically have used either the supplied TnT Wooden
condenser-less water pipe adaptor Ed Supplies from thos poor Squirrel's homes lol (;)), which has no carb, but is more open in a way.

I also used it with my Omnivap, with the adjustable airflow feature, and carb hole as part of that on the Ed's TnT Vapcap Blackwwod VonG I bought with my Omnivap in 2016.

It's nice to have the option. I can switch to the Omnivap and have the airflow channel mostly closed, for a slightly easier draw, with condenser and standard vapcap configuration sans Cap of course, and still rip fat clouds.

Or use wooden carbless, condenser free stock wooden WPA Ed supplies.

I didn't feel the condenser and slight open extra air intake in Omnivap setup restricted performance, extraction, or vapor production.

Just a little different, less restricted depending on where the airflow is set.

One thing I would never do, is use my vapcap without a condenser in either wooden VonG or WS wooden WPA. The vapcap would quickly taint the wood with odor, unlike the WS which is very odor-tainting free in comparison.

Another specific thing I noticed- when using my vapcap VonG, with condenser, with WS for a good session or two, I would have the accumulated resin inside the condenser turn to liquid and run out of the bottom of the condenser.

This never ever happens during vapcap usage, however extensive.

I assumed it was the time span of constant heat drawing long tokes from the WS without the heat dropping off, Vapcap style, cooling down etc, plus continual conduction heat from tip to condenser, which accounted for this.

Just an observation anyway.

Heat source for WS...I started with Ed's stock dimmer switch and dial, which worked fine by all merits. Then I picked up a 10 AUS Dollar VVP which @LesPlenty kindly linked me to. Easier to set more precisely and consistently, but not essential at all.

The only actual criticism I would make of using the dial, it can be so damn hard to see where the numbers are in later evening, dim lighting. So the VVP takes that factor away and workd as well as any other more pricey VVP I expect.

Hope this gives you enough insight.

Not much to gain or lose any which way. Just options. It seems that Ed's Ti tip compatible newer glass WPA is quite popular as well now.

slozukimc

Probably not. But only because I really only use the WS with water so my Simrell Omnivong is of no use for that.

edit: been going to mention. I took the CCD out for a bit. I don’t know if the airflow was that much better but my OCD was driving me nuts looking at the end of the airpath without it so I put it back. 🙄

grogazola

Thank you @Alexis so much! There’s a wealth of knowledge you just dropped on us. Super grateful.

My Aromalog is delivered! How do I do a first burn off? No isopropyl I’m guessing? Just heat it up to max for an hour or so? How many of you don’t do an initial burn off? Thank you!!

slozukimc

Thank you @Alexis so much! There’s a wealth of knowledge you just dropped on us. Super grateful.

My Aromalog is delivered! How do I do a first burn off? No isopropyl I’m guessing? Just heat it up to max for an hour or so? How many of you don’t do an initial burn off? Thank you!!
Your unit has been throughly tested by Ed and requires no burnoff at all. Vape away right out of the box. I do like to let mine sot for 20 mins to soak up the heat for nice big clouds.
Enjoy your new baby!!!

Alexis

Yeah no big process to burn off I don't think.,although to be fair with Dynavap Tips in the past I have soaked in ISO first. No actual need at all to burn off the WS heater as Ed tests these units thoroughly.

It's the possible machining oil residues on the tip, sorry I'm very high after 4 vapcsp loads of Bluedream and Brooklyn Sunrise lol.

But consider this...to burn off the Residue oils on Ti tip,, if you take that approach, you need the WS heater inserted into the tip.

Don't leave the WS upside down for too long. Just for my hits or a quick bowl at most. Not an hour high heat for example.

But really, if I'm thinking straight enough, may not be haha, I would soak the Ti tip in ISO for like 30 mins, even just 10 or 15 minutes. Quick, throrough rinse. Cotton bud cleaning. Rinse again. Good to go.

Would be my approach on receipt.

I haven't always done this though lol.

Glad I could help a little have a good night.

23:47 here, just catching some classic Floyd Music.

Last edited:

delicatebunting

I hope you passed this on to Ed directly?

Wanted to see if other people were affected first. He ended up seeing it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

my guy has gone through it and has it locked down. All is good

You/your guy should really alert every customer that had their data compromised. What data was compromised? Just payment info? What about passwords?

Last edited:
delicatebunting,

grogazola

Really enjoying my first couple of days with my Woodscents Lite Kit which comes with an Aromalog, a gnarly stem, and a Ti tip.

I was extremely hesitant to pick one up and thought about it for a year but I’m glad I treated myself to one. I’ve only tried my Aromalog with a HydraVonG and a gnarly glass stem both attached to Ti tips.

I love using my Aromalog with a glass stem without a condenser. It’s so easy to just gently puff on and get vapour.

I enjoy my Woodscents so much I’m thinking of selling my induction heater and dynavaps. The only thing stopping me is that I get much denser hits with my hydravong through water using my induction heater. I find I get wispy draws with my Woodscents through water. What can I do to get a rich thick draw through water?

Last edited:
Top Bottom