Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

coolbreeze

I just found out about this wonderful device, I already have several devices but this one seems like a must have. What is not very clear to me is what I get by ordering the device,
The WoodScents package will consist of:

1 Hand turned WoodScents Titanium AromaLog
1 Titanium Vapcap tip w/Titanium screen & o-rings
1 WoodScents Ti-Tip Glass AromaStem 4"
1 WoodScents Digital Variable Voltage Controller

Will come with the "CoolKids" upgrade installed as well.
I would like to have something like what I see in these posts but on the site I only found "simple" models
I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but if you mean the 'simple' shape, the various shapes you see posted are different years' models. Every year he makes a lot of the new shape for the year. The following year will have a new shape. When he sells out for the year, that's all til next year. Each year also has unique wood choices, although he usually has some domestic woods and some burls. Not sure I've seen Padauk before.

If you mean the 'simple' package, he used to turn WPAs and stems for each wood, so it was a bigger package, but the cost was higher so he went with a simpler package.

By "cool kids" upgrade, he means he's added balls to it. Works great!
, I don't understand if ed will be put online more choices or if the purchase is a surprise, I would be interested in the Paduk model, it would be perfect with my woodwynd🤩🤩
What you see in the store is what's left for this year. He will make another big lot next year, maybe with a new shape. The padouk model you see is the one you would receive. You're right, it would be perfect with your woodwynd! ; )

Well, almost perfect: the tip won't fit probably, but the Ti tip he sends with it will work. I've had good luck with 21 M tips and standard Ti tips too. The new larger herb chamber is a must have, so I'd add one of those and a WPA, unless you have a vong or bb stem.
I really think it would be perfect to leave always on instead of my pid with the tiodw, for a quick and certainly more convenient vape.
It is perfect for that. I usually turn mine on when I wake up and turn it off when I go to bed.

That's a gorgeous log, I'm surprised it's still there. If you get it I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do mine!

NinneDDu

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but if you mean the 'simple' shape, the various shapes you see posted are different years' models. Every year he makes a lot of the new shape for the year. The following year will have a new shape. When he sells out for the year, that's all til next year. Each year also has unique wood choices, although he usually has some domestic woods and some burls. Not sure I've seen Padauk before.

If you mean the 'simple' package, he used to turn WPAs and stems for each wood, so it was a bigger package, but the cost was higher so he went with a simpler package.

What you see in the store is what's left for this year. He will make another big lot next year, maybe with a new shape. The padouk model you see is the one you would receive. You're right, it would be perfect with your woodwynd! ; )

Well, almost perfect: the tip won't fit probably, but the Ti tip he sends with it will work. I've had good luck with 21 M tips and standard Ti tips too. The new larger herb chamber is a must have, so I'd add one of those and a WPA, unless you have a vong or bb stem.

It is perfect for that. I usually turn mine on when I wake up and turn it off when I go to bed.

That's a gorgeous log, I'm surprised it's still there. If you get it I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do mine!
Wow so do I also have to hurry up to buy it or do I risk having to wait a long time before new models come out? I just bought the tempest ... otherwise I wouldn't have thought twice, I'll wait a few weeks at least or my wife will kill me ( I have a closet full of vape).

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Wow so do I also have to hurry up to buy it or do I risk having to wait a long time before new models come out? I just bought the tempest ... otherwise I wouldn't have thought twice, I'll wait a few weeks at least or my wife will kill me ( I have a closet full of vape).

The new models come out once every year. Then that is the current model sold till the next year's model is released.

NinneDDu

The new models come out once every year. Then that is the current model sold till the next year's model is released.
Wow .... then I will keep an eye on it ... In terms of performance is it comparable to a Ball Vape? if I understand correctly it works like a diffuser.

With “simple” i mean that i saw awesome design here in some pictures but in the web site are pretty much straight….i want a cool looking device 😂

coolbreeze

Wow .... then I will keep an eye on it ... In terms of performance is it comparable to a Ball Vape? if I understand correctly it works like a diffuser.
It's more like a log, the load is relatively small, the draw is a bit restricted. But the balls mean the heat remains strong doing back-to-back pulls and the heated air is well turbulated so the roast is more even, and the flavor is outstanding. Once you get used to working with its restriction you get big lungfuls, it's just not as open and effortless as most ball vapes, it's more like a dynavap.

For the design, it's a really nice classic look, imo, but I can see why the other years' models appeal--I love my holy '23 blackwood. Your choice I'm afraid is to buy it before someone else does or wait for next year to see what Ed's new design will be, but there's no guarantee padauk will be a wood choice.

NinneDDu

It's more like a log, the load is relatively small, the draw is a bit restricted. But the balls mean the heat remains strong doing back-to-back pulls and the heated air is well turbulated so the roast is more even, and the flavor is outstanding. Once you get used to working with its restriction you get big lungfuls, it's just not as open and effortless as most ball vapes, it's more like a dynavap.

For the design, it's a really nice classic look, imo, but I can see why the other years' models appeal--I love my holy '23 blackwood. Your choice I'm afraid is to buy it before someone else does or wait for next year to see what Ed's new design will be, but there's no guarantee padauk will be a wood choice.
Restriction is not a big deal, i vape with my DynaVap at least once a day….

coolbreeze

Restriction is not a big deal, i vape with my DynaVap at least once a day….
If you like Dynavaps, no problem, it's gonna improve your experience. Or maybe I should say it will offer an option on par with the best of what you like about it. An IH makes the DV effortless in conduction mode, the Woodscents makes it effortless in convection mode. Convection in this case means better flavor that lasts longer and a brighter, headier high. It also ups the efficiency above even what a DV normally does, so more hits with less herb. It's nuts! ; )

NinneDDu

If you like Dynavaps, no problem, it's gonna improve your experience. Or maybe I should say it will offer an option on par with the best of what you like about it. An IH makes the DV effortless in conduction mode, the Woodscents makes it effortless in convection mode. Convection in this case means better flavor that lasts longer and a brighter, headier high. It also ups the efficiency above even what a DV normally does, so more hits with less herb. It's nuts! ; )
I will buy it soon…there are only 5 avaible right now…I'm undecided between padauk and teak burl

Ramahs

It is on the way….I couldn't resist

Can't wait to see some pics. I have three Woodscents. This golden amboyna burl is my favorite of the three!

(The stem and WONG adapters are thuya, I believe)"

WEtqjf-KFSTCOy-De8-Qt-T69-A-thumb-1887.jpg

NinneDDu

My second favorite is this two-tone Mexican Katalox model. It was my first Woodscents (I think it's the 2017 model)!

IMG-0371-2.jpg
Did you make the wooden block on his right or did you always buy it from ed? I already had in mind to build something similar, a small box with everything you need to be ready to use 😜

NinneDDu,

Ramahs

Did you make the wooden block on his right or did you always buy it from ed? I already had in mind to build something similar, a small box with everything you need to be ready to use 😜

I bought it, but not from Ed. It was a custom made piece from a dude here on FC, and it shipped from France. I believe it was @Aezhenn that made that beautiful olive-wood stand for me.

Ramahs

Does he have a store? Where can I find his works?

Here's his thread:

Ramahs,
Top Bottom