Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

cosimo

anyone tried one of these on the WS: https://vapenorth.ca/products/glass-addacap-for-dynavap?variant=41445652660403 ????

Crop-5_d3166fde-2567-434d-96ee-5f88f7448b44.jpg

the_hexx

Team Hash
French site La Central Vapeur now has a half-decent price on the Woodscents for us EU folks, however it seems to be an older model with all the bells and whistles that Ed doesn't offer anymore on his site, and it is in walnut only.

I've read here that the Woodscents heater has been updated lately so I was wondering if I should take the plunge or just order straight from the man himself. Any feedback is appreciated!

French site La Central Vapeur now has a half-decent price on the Woodscents for us EU folks, however it seems to be an older model with all the bells and whistles that Ed doesn't offer anymore on his site, and it is in walnut only.

I've read here that the Woodscents heater has been updated lately so I was wondering if I should take the plunge or just order straight from the man himself. Any feedback is appreciated!

I think the heater update was a while ago at this point, and that body style should have the newer heater. I could be wrong though. You could reach out to Ed on IG and ask him to be certain.

alex0801

I got a used woodscents today without an extraction chamber and was so excited to use my 9 fin tip but it doesn’t fit 😭

Can anyone offer advice on how to find one that does, considering Ed is sold out of both types that he sells direct? Am I screwed unless I just keep buying tips until one happens to fit?

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I got a used woodscents today without an extraction chamber and was so excited to use my 9 fin tip but it doesn’t fit 😭

Can anyone offer advice on how to find one that does, considering Ed is sold out of both types that he sells direct? Am I screwed unless I just keep buying tips until one happens to fit?

The Woodscents was designed to work with any standard dynavap tip. I’m guessing your 9-fin is the Simrell tip. They do make the heavy extraction chamber too.

Any standard tip will fit. I’ve used multiple M tips and titanium tips with mine.

The Woodscents was designed to work with any standard dynavap tip. I’m guessing your 9-fin is the Simrell tip. They do make the heavy extraction chamber too.

Any standard tip will fit. I’ve used multiple M tips and titanium tips with mine.

That’s not entirely true. The tolerances on the ID of Dynavap tips is large enough that sometimes they won’t fit. It always seemed safest to source your tips from Ed directly. I’ve had multiple M tips not fit. The Ti Tip I got from Ed in 2019 fit perfectly, but the Ti Tip on my Omni from the same gen did not fit. It’s kind of a crapshoot in my experience.

cosimo

rvarick

Am I the only one who's a bit disappointed when using the Simrell Extraction Chamber with the Woodscents? I've never been able to get my material to extract evenly with this (always green left on bottom), and/or a stir always seems to be required. I believe I've tried every different combo of pack, volume, etc. and always seem to get the same results. In contrast, while standard DV tips hold less (only knock there) they've consistently evenly and fully extracted my material - without the need to stir. For those with a different viewpoint on this, I'd love to hear what helps the chamber work well (i.e. loose/tight pack, use a straw pack/don't, etc.)!

alex0801

Am I the only one who's a bit disappointed when using the Simrell Extraction Chamber with the Woodscents? I've never been able to get my material to extract evenly with this (always green left on bottom), and/or a stir always seems to be required. I believe I've tried every different combo of pack, volume, etc. and always seem to get the same results. In contrast, while standard DV tips hold less (only knock there) they've consistently evenly and fully extracted my material - without the need to stir. For those with a different viewpoint on this, I'd love to hear what helps the chamber work well (i.e. loose/tight pack, use a straw pack/don't, etc.)!
I got mine this week, and even though it fits way better than my 9-fin dyna tip I prefer the dyna. Seems like I only prefer the bigger one if I’m doing a close to full bowl. Otherwise it extracts small loads less densely and evenly.

nicknobody

I haven’t tried a dv tip as none of mine fit however my simrell chamber extracts so evenly and thoroughly with any load size.

It does take an extra huff or two when I have daytime temps going but that’s normal

What voltage and what power supply are you using? Have you had your device long?

nicknobody,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

alex0801

I haven’t tried a dv tip as none of mine fit however my simrell chamber extracts so evenly and thoroughly with any load size.

It does take an extra huff or two when I have daytime temps going but that’s normal

What voltage and what power supply are you using? Have you had your device long?
I’m using vvps at 11.4-11.6v. I get combustion around 11.9v. I have not had it long at all. My bowl constantly sits on the log when I’m not using it so it is heat soaked. Doing like .05g bowls loosely packed

alex0801,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

nicknobody

I’m using vvps at 11.4-11.6v. I get combustion around 11.9v. I have not had it long at all. My bowl constantly sits on the log when I’m not using it so it is heat soaked. Doing like .05g bowls loosely packed
I personally find that leaving the bowl on and heat soaking isn’t necessary. I want the little heater to have all the power it can to pass thru the load and not have the bowl conducting all the heat from the heater. Not saying it’s the right thing to do but it’s what I have learned to like. Maybe that’s why your load is unevenly cooked since the top is getting constantly heated?

When you say vvps, is that the led dimmer that comes with the kit? It works totally fine but I found performance improvement when upgrading from the included vvps to an inexpensive Amazon one (Ed’s were out of stock)

Love my woodscents.

Edit: try smaller loads and work up from there. I think it shines with one hitter size and a clean up hit to not be wasteful. Native or through a dry glass rig/jhook

alex0801

I personally find that leaving the bowl on and heat soaking isn’t necessary. I want the little heater to have all the power it can to pass thru the load and not have the bowl conducting all the heat from the heater. Not saying it’s the right thing to do but it’s what I have learned to like. Maybe that’s why your load is unevenly cooked since the top is getting constantly heated?

When you say vvps, is that the led dimmer that comes with the kit? It works totally fine but I found performance improvement when upgrading from the included vvps to an inexpensive Amazon one (Ed’s were out of stock)

Love my woodscents.
Hmmm that is a compelling idea that the heat soak is contributing to the green on the bottom. The bowl is way longer than the dv, so that could explain why they’re diverging on the heat soak.

I have the variable voltage supply from Ed’s with the digital readout and the knob, not sure if you mean that one can be replaced with better easily? Would love one that has up/down buttons instead of such a sensitive knob!

Love mine too! I roll through vapes like crazy and honestly expected I’d sell this one too but it’s here to stay

Top Bottom