Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

JEMSKU

Sharing something I posted to Reddit recently:

I wanted to create this video to showcase how quickly and thoroughly the Woodscents can extract a very small amount of weed. Without messing with the camera, a bowl can be packed, cashed, and cleaned in less than two minutes. Also wanted to share some dope tracks :)

Vape: 2018 Thuya Burl Woodscents w/ VVPS @13.2v
Water pipe: Pulse Leo knockoff
Track: Lipphead - Slippery Fingers

Bonus full pack cloudchaser clip:
Track: G Yamazawa - 1990 (Stylust Remix)

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Good videos @JEMSKU I envy your ti tip, I have 3 vapcap tips and none of them allows me to use glass hands free! I have to hold the Woodscents with one hand and the bong with the other one. Stupid tolerances :bang::bang:

Jardri,
Reactions: Ramahs

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Oh Baby! So happy this thread has a new home. I love my Woodscents. The new heater does not disappoint. My favorite way to use it is through a wp dry with the temp set at 7. Flavor town.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
a continuation of FC Thread

I took Ed's Log Vape on vacation to Cabo this year, and found it to help conserve otherwise precious product. Through water or just or through the stem, I enjoyed clouds.
B24-E3-F7-A-18-D9-473-A-A4-F1-2-A1729-EC0-DEC.jpg

Is that an ancient bog oak?

Ramahs,

Chandler

The new heater does not disappoint.
did you have the old n then upgrade?
I'm contemplating sending mine back for the upgrade. Is it necessary, that's the question. Without having tried the upgraded heater I personally feel it's not necessary, but i dont like knowing 'this device can be improved', so... Waiting till work resumes I think

JEMSKU

I'm contemplating sending mine back for the upgrade. Is it necessary, that's the question. Without having tried the upgraded heater I personally feel it's not necessary, but i dont like knowing 'this device can be improved', so... Waiting till work resumes I think

Not OP, but my thought process is this:

I own a VVPS for my 2018 model, which as far as I'm concerned stretches the performance of the woodscents the same as the upgraded heater (if less elegantly). If it ever burns out with the added stress, I will send it down for the upgrade and come out more or less even!

JEMSKU,
Reactions: Chandler

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
If you’re happy maybe don’t bother. I have never tried the old heater so I can’t compare. I think people with old heaters that wanted a bit more power would use a VVPS. I think it was @LesPlenty on OldFC that told me the new heater keeps up and recovers a bit better and faster if it’s important to you.

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: Chandler

im not a robot

hello everyone, i already posted my latest acquisition over on vas, but thought id share here too, i did my fair share of lurking in this thread:
1591103264866.jpeg
a couple months ago i started a thread over on old fc trying to figure out whether investing in a log makes any sense when i already (happily) own a tinymight. and i can now say: yes makes sense. i absolutely love this thing. i am not going to compare it to the tinymight here, but to my mind there is not a great deal of overlap in use, they cater to different occasions (for me). i have been using a dynavap alongside the tm since i got it, and if anything, i feel the woodscents has consolidated my dynavap use.
i love the taste of the woodscents. i didnt expect this, but this is hands down the best tasting vape i have tried (not an expert). reigning champion for me so far has been the firefly. i know there are tons of variables involved, and honeymoon has barely started, but the first draw on a medium temp (i like 6) is a proper explosion of terpenes.
i love the efficiency. this was what attracted me to logs in the first place, but it is dynavap kind of amazing how far it is possible to stretch a load. and this directly plays into how it feels to use a woodscents (or any log i imagine), and the ritual of using it may well be my favourite part about it. holding the glowing body, connecting the stem, rotating it on the heater, feels oddly satisfying. there is sth strangely civilised (for lack of a better word) about it, like all things tea. i like its pace - i have a pretty low tolerance, and this is not a sledgehammer kind of high. though i suppose it could be that too, maybe when paired with a waterpipe.
maybe it is the combination of the feel of wood & its warmth & ed's craftmanship, but the whole experience tabs into sth which i have not yet experienced with a vaporiser & i am certain i will treasure this for a long time to come.
all this is obviously not an objective review, not capable of objectivity atm and i feel like everything i said here must have been posted multiple times in the depth of this thread. just wanted to share that i am properly blown away by this piece, a great investment, hello all you that already knew.

Enjoying my Woodscents through water tonight. I like to go straight to ~12.5 on the VVPS and kill the bowl in one hit. I use the middle screen setting on the Ti tip, probably ~.03g per pack. Such a fun way to use this thing. Thick tasty clouds. The versatility is definitely one of my favorite aspects of this vape!

Here is an example:
Streamable - free video publishing

Last edited:

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Just for experimenting I connected my WS to a lab VVPS I have around. Having said several times that a VVPS is not necessary and the included dimmer is more than enough, I must admit I was wrong!!

It might be related to how constant the output is but flavour and specially softness have been noticeably improved. It is specially noticeable with concentrates.

For the sake of science I did measure the dimmer output at my favourite temp and matched it in the VVPS so I can affirm that at the same exact output a VVPS performs better than the stock dimmer.

PHOTO-2020-06-13-23-30-29.jpg

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
For the sake of science I did measure the dimmer output at my favourite temp and matched it in the VVPS so I can affirm that at the same exact output a VVPS performs better than the stock dimmer.

This is cool my friend. Appreciate you sharing. Can you explain a bit more? Did you find that the dimmers output was not as consistent as the VVPS? What setting have you settled on?

I am curious because I only have the dimmer and have always felt It provided a great experience. I do have the new heater. I’m usually dialed in somewhere between 7 and 8.

Top Bottom