Driver 8

Thinking of options should the power cord fail...

Would a printer cord plugged into a receptacle thats on a dimmer switch allow temperature control?

Say you have a wall sconce or ceiling light turned on by a dimmer switch, you could take out the bulb screw in a plug adapter to plug in the printer cord.

Hubcityfire

Would a printer cord plugged into a receptacle thats on a dimmer switch allow temperature control?

Say you have a wall sconce or ceiling light turned on by a dimmer switch, you could take out the bulb screw in a plug adapter to plug in the printer cord.
I'm using a inline lamp dimmer with a ps4 cord for now took me alittle bit to get the temps set but have them set where I like them

I'm using a inline lamp dimmer with a ps4 cord for now took me alittle bit to get the temps set but have them set where I like them
Not sure if it the best for it but seems to be doing fine I never turn it all the way up usually about half is good

Last edited by a moderator:

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer

Any 110v dimmer will work. Here are some good examples:
https://www.amazon.com/Dewenwils-Plug-Dimmer-Bulb-HPID02B/dp/B07CZXLNWL/ref=sr_1_58_sspa?crid=1T09RASADS9E3&keywords=lutron+dimmer+switch&qid=1554184220&s=gateway&sprefix=lutron,aps,195&sr=8-58-spons&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Lutron-Wireless-Lighting-P-PKG1P-WH-Assistant/dp/B00JJY1QG0/ref=sr_1_15?crid=1T09RASADS9E3&keywords=lutron+dimmer+switch&qid=1554184314&s=gateway&sprefix=lutron,aps,195&sr=8-15

You could also use an 'Alexa' enabled dimmer plug if you really want to be bold. The Nano only uses 14 watts max so there is no need to get anything too fancy. Some of the remote dimmer plugs will remember your last dimmer setting as well, which is also a plus.

Just curious. If you plugged a printer cord or the regular cord turned up to max into a Variac, such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/TDGC-2KM-Var...ywords=variac&qid=1553912273&s=gateway&sr=8-1

could you effectively control your nano's temp setting? I think I have a Variac in the basement and it might be cool to run the nano off that monster for a while.

It would work, but it would be overkill. Check my previous post.

Last edited by a moderator:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It would work, but it would be overkill. Check my previous post.

My motto with any hobby/interest has always been: Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Plus I already have the variac downstairs. It would give my vape station that Dr.Frankenstein's lab-bor-a-tory look. :freak:

Also Andy, I wanted to praise the nano for another reason. Last night I was vaping some oil soaked cotton with the nano and a gong. I didn't notice that after my last hit the cotton had gotten stuck to the heater grate and was pulled out of the gong. I just realized that the cotton was stuck directly on the heater since yesterday and was darkened where it was attached but not burnt. This could have ended much worse with another plug-in device, but the nano, set at 6.5, did not burn the cotton. While I'll try not to do something dumb like that again, I continue to leave my nano plugged in 24/7 with confidence.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My motto with any hobby/interest has always been: Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Plus I already have the variac downstairs. It would give my vape station that Dr.Frankenstein's lab-bor-a-tory look. :freak:

Also Andy, I wanted to praise the nano for another reason. Last night I was vaping some oil soaked cotton with the nano and a gong. I didn't notice that after my last hit the cotton had gotten stuck to the heater grate and was pulled out of the gong. I just realized that the cotton was stuck directly on the heater since yesterday and was darkened where it was attached but not burnt. This could have ended much worse with another plug-in device, but the nano, set at 6.5, did not burn the cotton. While I'll try not to do something dumb like that again, I continue to leave my nano plugged in 24/7 with confidence.
24/7 = NANO

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
This thing is incredible. I've never really had a vape that you can pack this small of an amount in and have it still be this effective. I should've bought one of these like 5 years ago :lol:

UAk8v9o.jpg

Last edited:

hopla

E-nano: 0.025/0.05g per load (i use 0.025 as i find it better flavourwise when i reload more frequently)
Spliff: 0.32g per spliff (as a study stated in 2014 https://www.livescience.com/55464-marijuana-average-joint.html)
Joint: 0.75g/1.2g (i know maxi blunt can go up to 14gr or more but that for showing off, the big majority uses from 0-75g to 1.5gr for their solo flight https://www.quora.com/How-many-blunts-can-an-ounce-of-marijuana-produce )

So for the E-nano user 15g are worth 300 good sessions (you can easily make 3-4 in a row and still last 3 months with that amount)
for the European smoker 15g make 47 spliffs
and for the more "purist" smoker 15g give between 20 to 10 joints.

So if you are broke, or have very low stash and want to make it last (and be healthier), vaping is the way to go, just buy an e-nano :)

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
E-nano: 0.025/0.05g per load (i use 0.025 as i find it better flavourwise when i reload more frequently)
Spliff: 0.32g per spliff (as a study stated in 2014 https://www.livescience.com/55464-marijuana-average-joint.html)
Joint: 0.75g/1.2g (i know maxi blunt can go up to 14gr or more but that for showing off, the big majority uses from 0-75g to 1.5gr for their solo flight https://www.quora.com/How-many-blunts-can-an-ounce-of-marijuana-produce )

So for the E-nano user 15g are worth 300 good sessions (you can easily make 3-4 in a row and still last 3 months with that amount)
for the European smoker 15g make 47 spliffs
and for the more "purist" smoker 15g give between 20 to 10 joints.

So if you are broke, or have very low stash and want to make it last (and be healthier), vaping is the way to go, just buy an e-nano :)
Blinding me with science! Thank you for posting your research.

hopla

Blinding me with science! Thank you for posting your research.
Very nice of you.
Well science... just something that hit me as i used the enano and one or two links i found with a quick search on internet.
But truly the enano is almost perfect, only thing that i don't like is that europeans need a converter as EpicVape doesn't make an European version.
Too bad, because they would sell a lot if demonstrated with passion on the old continent (as i do with every visitor coming at my house, and they are all amazed by the efficiency but agree with the adapter/converter hassle)
;)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I once feel asleep with a fully packed stem sitting on top of my E-Nano’s heater core. When I found it in the morning, the load was a very dark brown but not burnt at all. No damage was done and the stem didn’t even need cleaning. :tup:

This thing is incredible. I've never really had a vape that you can pack this small of an amount in and have it still be this effective. I should've bought one of these like 5 years ago :lol:
It’s nice to see you in here @Cheesequake! The nano is indeed incredible. It’s powerful, efficient, and has rock solid reliability. Mine has been running for three and a half years and it’s been on for most of that time, patiently waiting to be called into service.

Last edited:

bigmike

tegwcAx1uHNjTfvu8

I was searching my saved items on Ebay and this enano popped up with only a couple minutes left. I just rolled the dice and bought it. It say comes with everything pictured. I didnt have time to ask questions. I dont see a stem, or pick so I bought an extra long adjustable, pick,and pack of screens from epicvape. I noticed after I pulled the trigger, that there doesn't appear to be a screen over the heater. It appears to be a low resolution phone pic, so it might not be showing on the photo
In the small bag there appears to be a small screen that would cover the heater. Is that screen removable? If it's missing, can I replace it?

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
tegwcAx1uHNjTfvu8

I was searching my saved items on Ebay and this enano popped up with only a couple minutes left. I just rolled the dice and bought it. It say comes with everything pictured. I didnt have time to ask questions. I dont see a stem, or pick so I bought an extra long adjustable, pick,and pack of screens from epicvape. I noticed after I pulled the trigger, that there doesn't appear to be a screen over the heater. It appears to be a low resolution phone pic, so it might not be showing on the photo
In the small bag there appears to be a small screen that would cover the heater. Is that screen removable? If it's missing, can I replace it?
It does appear to be missing the screen. I don't see anything in that accessory bag that will fit the Nano. The screen is replaceable if you are good with your fingers and small objects. Contact customerservice@epicvape.com and we will send you out one.

itzjaake

Wondering if anyone has had any issues with their unit not heating up?

I ordered my e-nano around 2 months ago and it finally arrived yesterday, (I live in Australia, and USPS sent the package to the wrong country originally..) I plugged the dial into my 240v to 110v transformer only to find that my vape is not heating up at all. The blue led turns on, however the heating cylinder stays cold.

I saw a post a bit further up about 3rd party cords - has anyone had much experience with this?
I would test using my PS4 cord, however it's an Australian adapter and I don't want the vape unit running on 240v.

Really keen to get this vape working, hopefully someone can help me out!

Top Bottom