Inforit

Call me cheap. I really don’t want to spend a buck each for condenser orings for my 4 2021Ms. Does anyone have the oring dimensions?
You’re doing something wrong. Never had to change an O-ring or replace one that was damaged. Some are at least five years old. Have many new that were bought just in case.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Happy So Excited GIF by Studios 2016

M+ should be arriving tomorrow!

Bazinga

You’re doing something wrong. Never had to change an O-ring or replace one that was damaged. Some are at least five years old. Have many new that were bought just in case.
I am OCD about cleaning and do it often. I seen to “fat finger” the orings when I remove and replace them for cleaning. I use the Dynawax.

Bazinga,
Reactions: TommyDee

Inforit

I am OCD about cleaning and do it often. I seen to “fat finger” the orings when I remove and replace them for cleaning. I use the Dynawax.
Use a little spit or water to wet the condenser then slide the rings on. Dynawax is a little too sticky. Dynawax everywhere else works.

Inforit,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
These days, I rarely pull off the O rings when I'm doing a cleaning of a vapcap. Usually I soak them for a while in ISO and then use a qtip to clean. I do have a quantity of orings I got from oringsandmore but I rarely need to replace any.

Bazinga

These days, I rarely pull off the O rings when I'm doing a cleaning of a vapcap. Usually I soak them for a while in ISO and then use a qtip to clean. I do have a quantity of orings I got from oringsandmore but I rarely need to replace any.
So it's okay to soak the stem and diffuser with ISO?

Bazinga,

Bazinga

Not wood, of course, but titanium or steel should have no problem with ISO, and the standard orings are ISO resistant.

I also don't soak my caps.
I’ve been soaking the stem and condenser in ISO after removing the orings. I thought using ISO on the orings was a no no. Next cleaning I’ll leave them on and see how that works. I also do not soak the caps.

The TRWW cooling units (condenser) I ordered are scheduled to arrive today. Hopefully they will provide some cooling.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The X rings, which hold the condenser, are much easier to remove and restore and are a little different and may not be as resistant to iso. I am referring to the orings on the tip which are more stressed by heat and pressure. I have never replaced an X ring, tho I do have a few spares.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Pretty sure my m+ will get here in the middle of the day, assuming Mr. Mailman keeps the same routine he has for the last 4 years lol.

If so I'll be able to give it a test run or two.
I'm rather excited by this.

Edit: just ran two bowls through it. One heated like I used to with my old Ti woody. Traditionally I suppose?
And a second by placing the flame at the base of the cap, while rotating, until the click. Then at the first click I switched to heating the upper half of the cap. Still rotating.

First bowl yielded three hits. Had to reheat once between first and second. I was fluting the SquarePort (dunno why my phone capitalized that. Oh well) with this bowl.

Second bowl, I got two massive hits before cool down click. Used the port at the start until I could taste vapor and then inhaled with it wide open. Wow. Delicious and so
smooth. And boy I'm feeling it. :brow:

I need to get to know this steel beauty better. But so far I'm a satisfied customer

Last edited:

Rodney

I just ordered a "VapCap M 2021 - DynaVap" for £50 from amazon and will be here in a few hours. I already have 2 good desktop vapes (volcano classic and Arizer EQ) but I want to collect and test new vapes out as regular as I can as this is my hobby now.

I do understand about cheap bad vapes as bought a few that got sent back same day but a few people have said to me they use the Dynavap VapCap and it is a very cheap deal and can be sent back if am not happy with it so :)

If anyone ahs any advice or opinions on this particular model please do say and I totally understand this will of coarse be nothing like my desktops.

coolbreeze

I just ordered a "VapCap M 2021 - DynaVap" for £50 from amazon and will be here in a few hours. I already have 2 good desktop vapes (volcano classic and Arizer EQ) but I want to collect and test new vapes out as regular as I can as this is my hobby now.

I do understand about cheap bad vapes as bought a few that got sent back same day but a few people have said to me they use the Dynavap VapCap and it is a very cheap deal and can be sent back if am not happy with it so :)

If anyone ahs any advice or opinions on this particular model please do say and I totally understand this will of coarse be nothing like my desktops.
The '21 M is a fantastic vape. It may take a little doing to learn how to heat it well but it's really not hard. Watch some youtubes and play around and you'll be a happy dynavapper before you know it!

Quick and dirty: Clean it well first. With your finger on the port and the mouthpiece in your mouth, draw herbs into the tip, dust off the excess, put on the cap. Hold it horizontally in your coordinated hand and spin it continuously. Bring the .5 inch single flame to the cap with the deep blue flame almost touching, hold it halfway down the cap as you spin the dyna. Listen for the 2 clicks, remove tip from flame, and give it a good pull with the airport uncovered, set it down on magnet until you hear the two clicks again. The first hit will be a lighter flavor hit, the next two or three will be strong hits, and there may be a cleanup hit as well. Save your avb if you you want to make some edibles.

Then do it again. : )

TedJones

The TRWW cooling units (condenser) I ordered are scheduled to arrive today. Hopefully they will provide some cooling.
Nice! Every dyna should come with one imo. Not only does it cool, but catches little particles that otherwise end up in the throat if hitting native. Think I did a number on my throat after using my ‘17 Omni as my primary until recent. It’s definitely healed since.

TedJones,

Gnome34

Are there any stem options that don't get hot near the tip?

Lately I've been using a BB6 through a small dry bong and loving it. I'm wanting a more compact setup with no water piece.

I've just finished using my revolve(og), and Simrell vortex. Both get quite warm near the tip. The BB6 is slightly cooler near the tip but I want something more durable for native use.

I've never used an Omni or Vong.

This may be trying to fight the laws of science considering the hot part is right there.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Are there any stem options that don't get hot near the tip?

Lately I've been using a BB6 through a small dry bong and loving it. I'm wanting a more compact setup with no water piece.

I've just finished using my revolve(og), and Simrell vortex. Both get quite warm near the tip. The BB6 is slightly cooler near the tip but I want something more durable for native use.

This may be trying to fight the laws of science considering the hot part is right there.

I wonder if those beefy wooden wpa Ed makes would be less hot? The wood appears to be decently thick, at least when compared to the thickness of a normal stem (say on an M for example)

This is complete speculation on my part. It may be just fighting science as you say lol

coolbreeze

I love these both and use the Vong constantly, but the metal will heat up. It shouldn't present any real issue, it can be stashed immediately, etc.

I wonder if those beefy wooden wpa Ed makes would be less hot? The wood appears to be decently thick, at least when compared to the thickness of a normal stem (say on an M for example)
These things are great! Simrell makes a similar wpa, too. The advantage for me that the Vong has over a straight up wpa is the airport: having the Vong cracked open just a bit makes the hit much more comfortable without decreasing the density too much. Still I use those Ed's wpas a lot, and his glass ones as well. The wood does stay cool if you don't go balls to the wall.

Gnome34

Just saw an old reddit post with a solution to my search-for cheap!

A b body shouldn't get too warm, and paired with a pinner from TRWW should provide adequate vapor cooling.

I think I'll give it a try as my native set up when I don't want to use a water piece.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Just saw an old reddit post with a solution to my search-for cheap!

A b body shouldn't get too warm, and paired with a pinner from TRWW should provide adequate vapor cooling.

I think I'll give it a try as my native set up when I don't want to use a water piece.

Worth a shot. Most people who try it seem to like it. It's a cool little thing

BeltedCoyote,
Top Bottom