Dustin McKief

I am just curious if there is any reason why i should not invest in the omni IF i like the M.

Also i am curious if everyone is using just a plain torch for heat or if most people are using a heating device like the ispire or ufo.
If you like the M, stick with that and use the money you saved for vaporizables. Come back here if you have issues with it or problems to solve and we’ll weigh in on VAS/upgradeitis/etc recommendations.

I would stick with torches for now unless you want to use it outside in the wind. Have fun!

Madtater

Thank you both for your responses.
If you like the M, stick with that and use the money you saved for vaporizables. Come back here if you have issues with it or problems to solve and we’ll weigh in on VAS/upgradeitis/etc recommendations.

I would stick with torches for now unless you want to use it outside in the wind. Have fun!
first hit was a disaster. Was super hot and i combusted.

Most definitely my fault.

Got the first click and stopped heat. Didn’t get anything, but another click. So i reheated it to another click and combusted. Was not pleasant.

Gonna have another go at it tomorrow.

Bazinga

Thanks. They appear to cost 10 cents apiece. I keep losing the little buggers.

Wait. There are 2 different size orings for the condensers (a small and a large). Can someone provide the size of the other one?

Bazinga,

Hippie

Hippie,

Dustin McKief

Thank you both for your responses.

first hit was a disaster. Was super hot and i combusted.

Most definitely my fault.

Got the first click and stopped heat. Didn’t get anything, but another click. So i reheated it to another click and combusted. Was not pleasant.

Gonna have another go at it tomorrow.
That stinks (literally!). Don't worry, it's inevitable to combust while learning and it will still sometimes happen to me if I'm not careful. After you give it a clean, here are some tips based on my experiences:
  • Turn your torch (I'd start with a small, single flame vs. multiple flame or a large dab torch) down to the lowest setting possible. Hold it up and fire it with a dark background so you can really see the flame pattern (dark blue and lighter blue above). I like to have the dark blue flame's tip no less than 0.5 inches from the cap and will often use a greater spacing to get a slower heat up.
    • Some like to roll constantly in one direction, some like to roll back and forth 180 degrees. Try both and see what you prefer, but make sure that you are distributing the heat evenly around the cap/bowl.
    • Practice on an empty bowl until you get a feel for things. If you listen carefully in a quiet space, most caps will have 2 clicks. Sometimes the first click is very faint.
  • Where you point the flame on the cap has an effect on the temperature reached at the clicks. Since the clicker disks are in the very tip, if you heat farther away (near the digger outer), it will take longer to click = higher temperature for roasty thick hits and vice versa for terpier, whispier hits. Experiment to find your preferences.
  • Understand that if you do back to back heating (start heating immediately after the cool down click) that there is still residual heat, so be more conservative with heating. If you are heating from room temp, where there is no residual heat, you can go past the clicks safely (I count in my head to no more than 3-5 seconds after a low and slow heat for a thick, roasty hit) as long as you are heating low and slow.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Thanks. They appear to cost 10 cents apiece. I keep losing the little buggers.

Wait. There are 2 different size orings for the condensers (a small and a large). Can someone provide the size of the other one?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dynavap/comments/ratwpd
That's what I found on Reddit...
This is what I found on McMaster-Carr: https://freeimage.host/i/HDn9Ls2

These are the numbers I got by measuring mine with fair set of digital calipers:
Large X-ring: 7.98mm OD/4.56mm ID/1.87mm thick
Small X-ring: 7.40mm OD/ 4.05mm ID/1.78mm thick
Normalized that could be:
8x4.5x1.9
7.5x4x1.8 ...1.78 is a number used for X-ring (quad-rings)

TommyDee,

Hippie

Sorry if I wasn't clear before but there are links to some O and X Rings and their specs in the Best of thread post by @Squiby that I linked to in my last post (as I couldn't quote from the Best of thread)
I think this is the original post
The stainless steel M tips, the titanium tips and the Omni condenser/mp assembly all use the same high temperature orings. They have a 6mm ID, 8mm OD with a CS of 1mm. Here is a silicon one.

http://www.oringsandmore.com/silicone-o-rings-6-x-1mm-price-for-10-pcs/or

The regular condensers use two sizes of xrings. Here's the small one.

http://www.oringsandmore.com/x-rings-size-007-price-for-20-pcs/

And the large one.

http://www.oringsandmore.com/x-rings-size-008-price-for-20-pcs/

This page on the Dynavap website displays the proper x-ring location on the regular condensers.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/ss-condenser-o-ring-kit

bofc.png

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Looks like I may be able to order my m+ tomorrow. Really tempted to get the starter pack. Seems like this time the stash would be good for when I go climbing with my cousin

BeltedCoyote,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Looks like I may be able to order my m+ tomorrow. Really tempted to get the starter pack. Seems like this time the stash would be good for when I go climbing with my cousin
Get the starter pack and a good, cheap, single flame pocket torch (Eagle, Honest, Vapman, etc). The triple flame is way too hot and will certainly drive to the clicks before your herb is roasted but it will come in handy for outside once you've learned it.

That said, the stash is a must-have for me, both for carrying flower but mostly for the magnet. Train yourself to use the magnet religiously and you will avoid >90% of combustion events--it almost always happens because you've forgotten to listen for the cool-down clicks before reheating.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Get the starter pack and a good, cheap, single flame pocket torch (Eagle, Honest, Vapman, etc). The triple flame is way too hot and will certainly drive to the clicks before your herb is roasted but it will come in handy for outside once you've learned it.

That said, the stash is a must-have for me, both for carrying flower but mostly for the magnet. Train yourself to use the magnet religiously and you will avoid >90% of combustion events--it almost always happens because you've forgotten to listen for the cool-down clicks before reheating.

I actually already have a decent single flame lighter. Got it for incense but it's about twice the size of the singles dynavap provides. I think it's actually meant for tobbaco pipes and cigars. So it should work for now. Worst comes to worse my buddies vape shop down the road has a bunch of torches. Decent glass too actually. And I'm slowly talking him in to carrying dynavap stuff.

But anyway, I'll take it slow at first. I spent two years with a Ti woody as my only vape and somehow never combusted when using single, double, and the triple flame torch dynavap sells. I realize both SS and the new M+ tip will take some getting used to, but I am not overly concerned. I also primarily vaped outside back then, and had to keep my consumption hidden. I still want to stay hidden, but I have a garage to partake within.

Actually it's the magnet on the stash that made me want it. Never had a magnet to help cool things down. Just would wait until the cool down click, and would use my shirt or something to pull off the cap and check how far along the load was, so to speak.
So yeah, the magnet sounds great. Looking forward to figuring out how it'll fit into the ritual.

That and I'm really planning on starting my use like I used to with my original dynavap. And slowly working my way down the actual neck of the tip.

Thanks as always for the recommendations my friend. Your friendliness is part of why I decided to fully come back on here.

BeltedCoyote,
  • Love
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

I actually already have a decent single flame lighter. Got it for incense but it's about twice the size of the singles dynavap provides. I think it's actually meant for tobbaco pipes and cigars. So it should work for now. Worst comes to worse my buddies vape shop down the road has a bunch of torches. Decent glass too actually. And I'm slowly talking him in to carrying dynavap stuff.
That's cool. Having some Dynas on the shelf will start some people out on a better foot.
But anyway, I'll take it slow at first. I spent two years with a Ti woody as my only vape and somehow never combusted when using single, double, and the triple flame torch dynavap sells. I realize both SS and the new M+ tip will take some getting used to, but I am not overly concerned. I also primarily vaped outside back then, and had to keep my consumption hidden. I still want to stay hidden, but I have a garage to partake within.
The Stainless is a bit different but it's also more forgiving, and retains heat longer. I've been using the M+ tip on my Vong--it's great for water.

Actually it's the magnet on the stash that made me want it. Never had a magnet to help cool things down. Just would wait until the cool down click, and would use my shirt or something to pull off the cap and check how far along the load was, so to speak.
So yeah, the magnet sounds great. Looking forward to figuring out how it'll fit into the ritual.
That's cool. I've supposed that forcing it to cool might stop it cooking and preserve the herbs a bit for an extra hit, but it's probably not that significant an effect tbh. Nevertheless, I don't think I've combusted unless I've forgotten to set it down.
That and I'm really planning on starting my use like I used to with my original dynavap. And slowly working my way down the actual neck of the tip.

Thanks as always for the recommendations my friend. Your friendliness is part of why I decided to fully come back on here.
Very kind of you to say, my friend. People are so kind and decent here. It's fun to work all this shit out and help each other get high!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't normally put cannabis in my dynastashes anymore, but when I still did I found that my cedar stash dried it out more than my Wenge stash did. I don't know how much difference it really makes, but that was my experience...

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I don't normally put cannabis in my dynastashes anymore, but when I still did I found that my cedar stash dried it out more than my Wenge stash did. I don't know how much difference it really makes, but that was my experience...

Good to know. I also don't know how much of a difference that makes.

Well, it's official.

I now have a M+ and cedar dynastash headed my way.
Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

Super stoked. It will be very nice to have my trusty pocket vape again. Hoping shipping won't take too long since I'm only two states away from dynavap HQ.
Dance Party Dancing GIF

Next two things on my list are one of the beautiful wood and metal storage tubes futo has, and a wand.

Bazinga

I have been unable to find the correct orings for the condenser. Someone mentioned they are 8x1mm and 7x1mm. I ordered both from Orings and More. Neither one is the correct size. The ones I ordered for the stem fit perfectly. I contacted DynaVap inquiring about the dimensions. I was told that the dimensions are proprietary and they cannot provide those dimensions. Never have I heard that dimensions cannot be shared.

Someone on the forum came back with 7.98mm x1.87mm and 7.40mm x1.78mm. Did a google search and came up empty.

Geez - can it really be this difficult to find the correct orings for the condenser?

Bazinga,

coolbreeze

Still looking for a about same sized possibly Ti(tanium) alternative to the Interstellar Development Silo. It wouldn't need an extra chamber for herb. Any idea?
Here's a Ti doob tube, looks like it would fit an XL DV with a few mms to spare:

Fwiw, I also found this:

Last edited:
Top Bottom