• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ezpz

New stem and mouthpiece by High Artisan; nice flavor and cooling:
IMG-2010.jpg
Nice stem. I have the pink and green 2 terp pill stem with the miniball MP. Just small enough to fit my XL futostash.

My_50p_worth

the click comes 10 seconds after with the stainless tip, it cooks the herb more before you can take a draw, and it's much fun just to wait 20 seconds instead of 30+
Honestly dude, that extra 10 seconds or so pays for itself when talking my style, which is max extraction in minimum heat cycles. Whatever I’ve saved in heating time with Ti I’ve had to add back on with heat cycles to get the same AVB as SS - but at that point the outside begins charring :bang:

Besides, If I’m worried about my herb cooking before I draw I just won’t be using conduction vapes ;)

GoldenBud

Honestly dude, that extra 10 seconds or so pays for itself when talking my style, which is max extraction in minimum heat cycles. Whatever I’ve saved in heating time with Ti I’ve had to add back on with heat cycles to get the same AVB as SS - but at that point the outside begins charring :bang:
i get much higher from the Ti tip! dunno how to explain this hehe

ezpz

my style, which is max extraction in minimum heat cycles.
I like your style. I never tried a ti tip for the same reason. I heard back then that SS heats up slower and retains heat better, so I just stuck with SS.

I might "need" a new tip though. I have 2 2018 SS tips and a SS vong tip (makers block). No half bowl yet. Hoping my wife will understand the "need" to fill that gap.

Edit: Nvm that last sentence. I forgot I was talking about a $30 purchase. My wife won't mind. :whip:

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Besides, If I’m worried about my herb cooking before I draw I just won’t be using conduction vapes ;)
I think I share most of these thoughts as well, even though my style is not as aggressive. I'm really just aiming for the best balance of flavor and fullness and I've found that a slow and steady heating works best. I also find the SS tips to be excellent workhorses and practically idiot-proof, and while they may not deliver the absolute top flavor, they do well and it's hard to beat them otherwise.

For me, I've more or less relegated the standard Ti tips to flavor duty with low temp caps, something they absolutely excel at. I do love the Omni tip, though, as it sort of acts like an M but tastes like a Ti/low temp setup.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,

Farid

The cooldown click makes a big difference too. With the ti you can take a hit and handle it by the time you're finished inhaling. And with minimal experience you can get a very even extraction.

GCD

Anyone else watching The “Behind the B” series of videos?

Interesting to listen to Troy speaking about a “more efficient and optimized“ tip. George goes on to speak of a tip that is “potentially better than anything else we’ve made”. Later he speaks about feedback such as “oh yeah, that’s much better”.

Any theories around this or what it means for the future of the tip? I’ve heard a lot of good experiences with the B tip, but the overwhelming cry I’ve heard before is that people want a bigger tip that holds more.

My_50p_worth

I think I share most of these thoughts as well, even though my style is not as aggressive. I'm really just aiming for the best balance of flavor and fullness and I've found that a slow and steady heating works best. I also find the SS tips to be excellent workhorses and practically idiot-proof, and while they may not deliver the absolute top flavor, they do well and it's hard to beat them otherwise.

For me, I've more or less relegated the standard Ti tips to flavor duty with low temp caps, something they absolutely excel at. I do love the Omni tip, though, as it sort of acts like an M but tastes like a Ti/low temp setup.

Yeah I feel the same about Ti, they’re great for flavour and really shine when you use them for that purpose. Coupled with a short glass stem you can get surprising clarity of flavour for a VC! You also bring up a great point with SS being fool proof, the margin of error is much wider which is great for noobs and people with a few beers in them ;)

@Farid My experience is the same but in a negative way - the earlier cool-down means the tip runs out of steam before my lungs do. I’ve found SS gives around 10 seconds extra hang time which is my personal sweet spot. Definitely a personal preference thing though

Care to share your technique for even extraction? If it requires minimal experience then it’ll be useful for both myself and new members :)

Farid

Care to share your technique for even extraction? If it requires minimal experience then it’ll be useful for both myself and new members :)

I pack the bud very loose, basically I don't tamp at all, and try to leave a little room so the bud isn't going right to the top. I use a medium grind, though fine works too if it's clean (which I try to keep up with regularly).

I use a 2x flame torch, with the 2 flames parallel to the cap. I set the flame as low as i can, while still getting an even burn. I heat low on the cap, with a slight angle, so that the lower section of the cap is closer to the flame. Then I spin in small even steps, relatively slowly in one direction - no rocking back and fourth creating hot spots. I used to spin too quickly, leading to a less even heat distribution.

On the first heat cycle I heat past the click by one second. This gives a very dense hit. I usually don't feel the need to take it further, but with a full bowl you can usually get a second heat cycle if you want.

As soon as it clicks I put it to my lips and inhale. I inhale slowly and steadily with the carb closed, so as not to cool it too quickly. If you prefer to hit it faster you may wish to open the carb a bit.

My_50p_worth

I pack the bud very loose, basically I don't tamp at all, and try to leave a little room so the bud isn't going right to the top. I use a medium grind, though fine works too if it's clean (which I try to keep up with regularly).

I use a 2x flame torch, with the 2 flames parallel to the cap. I set the flame as low as i can, while still getting an even burn. I heat low on the cap, with a slight angle, so that the lower section of the cap is closer to the flame. Then I spin in small even steps, relatively slowly in one direction - no rocking back and fourth creating hot spots. I used to spin too quickly, leading to a less even heat distribution.

On the first heat cycle I heat past the click by one second. This gives a very dense hit. I usually don't feel the need to take it further, but with a full bowl you can usually get a second heat cycle if you want.

As soon as it clicks I put it to my lips and inhale. I inhale slowly and steadily with the carb closed, so as not to cool it too quickly. If you prefer to hit it faster you may wish to open the carb a bit.
Thanks man I really appreciate that! Will definitely be giving that a try later

I’ve tried to love the Ti tip for a long time but I’ve always fallen back to the ease of my SS tips haha

So reading your technique, it seems the main differentiating factors from mine are -

1: A looser pack. I usually straw load and gently tamp down once with my finger

2: Dual flame. I’ve always used a single as it’s what I’ve always had my best slow roasts with

3: Carb closed. I’m a fully open aggressive draw guy, maybe I need to try a different inhale style

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Anyone else watching The “Behind the B” series of videos?

Interesting to listen to Troy speaking about a “more efficient and optimized“ tip. George goes on to speak of a tip that is “potentially better than anything else we’ve made”. Later he speaks about feedback such as “oh yeah, that’s much better”.

Any theories around this or what it means for the future of the tip? I’ve heard a lot of good experiences with the B tip, but the overwhelming cry I’ve heard before is that people want a bigger tip that holds more.

Yea, I tried to make that point a long time ago. Took a while to sink in...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dynahacks/comments/pashh7 I've been enjoying this new-found reality for over a year in daily sessions.

I find the 'B' to B a very welcome addition.

Farid

2: Dual flame. I’ve always used a single as it’s what I’ve always had my best slow roasts with

3: Carb closed. I’m a fully open aggressive draw guy, maybe I need to try a different inhale style

The single flame can probably get the same results, but might mean a slightly longer than 1s over the click on the 1st cycle.

The fully open carb might explain your results. With the ti tip you have a limited window before it cools. The open carb dilutes your vapor, so in the short window you have to extract your hit, it will cool before you can get a good hit. On the flipside you don't want to draw too fast with a closed carb because that will speed up the cooldown. A happy medium works best imo. I prefer to hit it mouth to lung due to the restriction when you close the carb, but direct to lung also works.

GoldenBud

On the first heat cycle I heat past the click by one second. This gives a very dense hit.
just did it now, on the Middle of the cap, just the weak blue flame on the middle of the cap heating 1 sec after the second click, fast draw closed airport, so dense huge cloud!
in the second cycle of this bowl, i stopped heating at the first click. there's vapor but no effect, all is gone within the first huge hit! Ti tip rox

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Farid

Farid

Considering the vapor doesn't touch the silicone I see no reason at all to worry. Unless you're worried about your lips touching the silicone, but that seems extreme.

Top Bottom