• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Of coarse I bought the Dynavap green one?
731-F2-FE1-ADFD-47-B7-9-B0-A-F47929-BF01-AC.jpg

BallzMcVinegar

My Dyna B arrived yesterday ( a day early) and I spent the evening putting it through it paces. First thing I did was put on a cap Im familiar with to give it a fair shot. I also removed the factory condenser an replaced it with TRWW XXXL mouthpiece/condenser( no intercooler). I have to say that bit of extra length make it a perfect fit for spinning in hand and places the airport in a friendlier position for me. Its not a necessary change but it is noticeable.

First impression: It doesnt nearly have that "buttplug" look in person like it does in photos. After rolling around in hand for a bit. I have to say that I do like the feel in hand of the silicone. I like that its fatter than a traditional Dyna stem. It may not be pretty but the shape is a perfect fit for how these are used. The portion near the tip is fat enough that your fingers dont drift toward the hot tip when spinning. Speaking of heat, there is obviously zero issues with the stem getting too hot after repeated uses and that is a refreshing change to most of my stems. The airport is easy to find blindly. I was hoping that it would snugly fit into a 14mm glass adapter I have lying around but sadly it didnt.

The tip: This part was what had me curious the most. I wanted see what a factory 1/2 bowl would be like. I love that there are no orings involved. Pretty cool and simple design when you get a chance to see it up close. I get plenty of air flow. Maybe a bit better airflow than my titanium tip (that might just be due for a deep clean to be fair.) With the lack of fins paired with the shape of the silicone body I find that Overall I think the tip is a success.

Im sure some of this is the honeymoon phase of having a new toy but this is awesome for $39. Feels very different from any other version I have. In a good way. I think they did a great job with the B. It does give you a similar experience as the bigger brothers and will be a perfect "gateway drug" for a new user into buying more of their products . Im not sure Id say its a "must have" for someone that has multiple devises but it does have a slightly different/unique user experience. Its also kinda nice to twirl around in hand while on the computer. I feel I got my moneys worth for the sale price. It just might bump my 2019 Cvap from the designated travel devise.

I will use the B through the weekend to see if anything glaring pops up but so far my first impression is that its a great introduction devise to the dynaverse.

JamesTiberiousKirk

Like the idea of an XL condenser with spinning mouthpiece. I too wish it were slightly wider to fit a 14 mm wp.

I am still impressed with the B. I appreciate DV moving forward with innovation rather than just new colors.

Although I'm sure new colored silicon stems are coming soon ;)

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Ugh! I ordered my B last Sunday (six days ago). Tracking says I won't get it until next Thursday (five days from now). Patience is a virtue, or so I keep telling myself lol.

Vapor Dude

Good day to all. The OEM Dynavap stems are limited to metal shells with a metal condenser and degradable "O" rings for cooling.
I will never to spend $220 USD for the Omni XL. I then got a Dynavap BB3, BB9 and the After-Shock Micro Stem with expert SS components.
I ordered the B on preorder thinking it's worth it just for the half bowl and cap.

I have been using the Dynavap B with astonishment. I added my FMJ and pulled 3 huge hits off that tiny one hitter with a slight pack.
With a 10mm to 14mm adapter my water pipes get dense cotton balls of cascading bubbles. The grip feels nice in my hand. The much better air flow is incredible. The one fin tip provides a larger area to get that Q tip and Iso to clean the CCD from the bottom. With No stem "O" rings you can clean the condenser with a pipe cleaner and Iso. I added 2 Tip thermal rings for compatibility with my collection. Put it in a Slim Stash for on the go.
You do not need to spin heat. Even without the FMJ you can give to a friend and they can understand to hold the lighter there till you hear the snap. The SS thermal mass of the tip and one fin makes it heat evenly, no need to stir as well. The excellent taste and functionality makes this conduction/convection Dynavap B method shine. Thanks to Dynavap for a new excellent way to snap your cap.

Last edited:

PeteyS

The "B" looks like a great entry level product from DV. Love the price point too. Thinking about getting one just for the extra captive cap and tip.

Does anyone know how hot you can get the DV with a Orion or Apollo induction heater? Like is it possible to leave it in the heater for a few seconds longer, or do two heating cycles before hitting. Im wondering if i would still be able to clear a DV bowl in one-two hits with induction power.
Thanks.

Texus

The "B" looks like a great entry level product from DV. Love the price point too. Thinking about getting one just for the extra captive cap and tip.

Does anyone know how hot you can get the DV with a Orion or Apollo induction heater? Like is it possible to leave it in the heater for a few seconds longer, or do two heating cycles before hitting. Im wondering if i would still be able to clear a DV bowl in one-two hits with induction power.
Thanks.
Not a big fan of Dynavap IHs compared to other companies' offerings. YLL and Wand would be my first suggestions there.

But while I don't have the B, I imagine that the 2 heating cycles before taking a hit should still work great.

Otherwise, trial and error with your particular IH. Think of the click as a reference point. Many users go beyond it for heavier hits. But expect some accidental combustion along the way.

PeteyS

I typically go two heating rounds without taking a hit, and then a 3 second after the click, for my first hit. I usually do a second clean up hit.
Im really interested in picking up a induction unit as im not too fond of the butane torch as a heat source. Reading some reviews it seems like getting a huge rip isn't possible with a induction heater. Is this the general consensus on this?
Thanks.

ezpz

Since getting a FMJ, I haven't used my IH (PSM). But if I wanted a huge IH hit, I would "pulse heat." 2 seconds on, 2 seconds off, 2 seconds on, 2 seconds off.........and I do this until first click, and then just leave it in till second click.

My_50p_worth

Since getting a FMJ, I haven't used my IH (PSM). But if I wanted a huge IH hit, I would "pulse heat." 2 seconds on, 2 seconds off, 2 seconds on, 2 seconds off.........and I do this until first click, and then just leave it in till second click.
I’ve found you can get the same results as this by using a slower (less powerful) heater deliberately tweaked to take as long to heat to the click as possible. For those with home builds, you can clip one of the caps on the ZVS board - which slows things down even more and is perfectly safe to do :)

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!

This is the first time I've used a steel tip. When I got my first M it had a promotion for a free titanium tip so I used that. I gave away a lot of M's, Karmas, and C-vaps and I never kept a tip or cap except for one. The cap is stuck in a stash case and it will not come out!

Anyway, I've always used my 7 fin le with a Sneaky Pete half load with my MVS. I put the B tip on it and I couldn't tell you the difference with a blindfold on lol. I gotta admit it looks real snazzy too!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have been wondering about the half bowl tip on the B and how it might work on a regular VC. I usually reduce my bowl size with the scoring anyway so the reduction in volume won't matter to me, I guess I am really wondering about the effect of the reduced mass. The silicone stem doesn't really appeal to me, but until they decide to put the tip up on the site as a part I guess getting the B complete would be the only way to try it out.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I have been wondering about the half bowl tip on the B and how it might work on a regular VC. I usually reduce my bowl size with the scoring anyway so the reduction in volume won't matter to me, I guess I am really wondering about the effect of the reduced mass. The silicone stem doesn't really appeal to me, but until they decide to put the tip up on the site as a part I guess getting the B complete would be the only way to try it out.
It really works very well. I'm completely happy with it. I got it for $40 with the B. That is less than most of the tips go for on their own, and I got a cap with it.

I don't have any intention of using the B, but I'm sure it has some good features people will like.

PeteyS

I noticed the pricing of the B as being realistic.
I think it shows that the other tips D/V sells are hugely marked up.

PeteyS,

GoldenBud

Personally I’ve always found it kind of over rated tbh. Bastard thing never roasts as evenly as the SS tip, and once you’ve got a good stem to negate the heat the coughing from SS isn’t an issue
the click comes 10 seconds after with the stainless tip, it cooks the herb more before you can take a draw, and it's much fun just to wait 20 seconds instead of 30+

Top Bottom