Got a question for you, Dyna users.

I have two Ti Tips, one for full dose, the second one for microdosing. Read everywhere the screen can be set to quarter dose, so 25mg. But when I look at my bowl, it seems more to be like a third at min. So is it an impression I have and it's effectively 25mg, or is the minimal dose slightly larger than said ? Tried to measure, but can't manage to be precise enough.
I think the three levels are 100%, 75% and 50%

purepotstill

I had a rare instant of pure genius... Just remembered I actually have a SS 2020 Tip.

And this tip offers two levels, half and full. So I set it to half, then took my microdosing Ti Tip, and put the end of a cap in each then just looked at the letters. They both cut the "P" at the same place. Rocket science as its highest level. I can now claim at the face of the world @priy175 is right : minimal is half-dose.

Just have to forget why I didn't think about it before...

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@endof3d, I mean, gold leaf, sure, why not. Another approach is to remove the o-rings from the tip and wind a small bit of cotton thread or hemp fiber (not polyester, which would melt) in the grooves, then remount the o-rings on top. It’s less of a permanent alteration, a little less precious

I have a couple of tips that were a bit loose with the stem I wanted to use them with.
I just removed the o-rings, and wrapped a few strands of degummed hemp fiber in the grooves, and then put the o-rings back over the hemp fiber in the grooves. It snugged everything up just fine, and appears to function just fine as a permanent fix.

vandalizedbythelotus

@StringTheorista Thanks for your input. Thought of the using hemp fiber as well, but was looking for a permanent solution. Have a friend that's a craft person that will spot me a small swatch to experiment with on Ti tip. Should last a good while if installed properly.
6(ID)x1.2mm(T) o-rings instead of the 1mm(T) regular ones. apologies if this was already suggested.
you can safely use ALU sheet (food grade) as well to increase the uh ... girth of the tip o-ring section.

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I just bought my first Vong, the 2021 model.

I thought it was all titanium except the cap!?

Also didn't realize that it couldn't be fully disassembled so that all parts (except wood and o- rings) could take a nice relaxing ISO bath.

YET THERE SEEMS TO BE DIFFERING OPINIONS ON BOTH OF THESE ISSUES!?

GEORGE/JOSH, PLEASE WEIGH IN!!!
It is all titanium except for the cap and wood sleeve/barrel. The condenser comes out just like any other VC. The x-rings on the condenser are easy to remove. The o-rings can stay on the tip, all you need is a 10 minute soak, then follow up with a q-tip. This material stands up very well to ISO, just use common sense. Some wood butter on the barrel/sleeve, a little on the x-rings and o-rings after cleaning, you're good to go.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Planet of the Vapes already confirmed they are matching Dynavap’s offer of a free 2020M with any pre-order of a 2021M, Vong, or Omni.
HOW do I take advantage of this??? Or is it just another Reddit fairytale?

...and has anyone had their card locked up by trying to make a purchase from DV lately? Or is there an alternative payment method?

Last edited:
ClearBlueLou,

HomerSchwag

HOW do I take advantage of this??? Or is it just another Reddit fairytale?

...and has anyone had their card locked up by trying to make a purchase from DV lately? Or is there an alternative payment method?
Check out the devices on the POTV website, each comes with a “free gift.” Jerry confirmed this himself that it was a free 2020M on last Thursday’s livestream. Check it for yourself on the POTV YouTube channel.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
‘Preciate the head’s-up, Homer...heard lots about POTV, but done no business, catching the vid now

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: RobbIt

snackmaster

Anyone notice the 21 vapcaps are cleaner than usual? My 21 M came yesterday along with a complimentary 20 M so I disassembled both right away and threw the parts in some isopropyl. Unfortunately I didn't keep track of which condenser came from where, but one was significantly cleaner than the other - I had to put about 4 q-tips thru one whereas I didn't see any gunk on the other after a single q-tip. I paid closer attention to the caps and when I swabbed the inside of those I got a little gray from the 20 cap but none from the 21.

And @Vape_Or_Die420, my scale kinda sucks, but I'm getting 6-6.1g for 21 tip and 6.3-6.4 for the 20.

Steamer

I had to put about 4 q-tips thru one whereas I didn't see any gunk on the other after a single q-tip.
Are we talking gunk or machine oil/metal dust?
Can't tell how clean a 21M comes out of the box but I can tell you that my 20M was EXTREMELY dirty when I got mine. Needed 3 q tips to get all the greyish metal stuff out of the condensor. I wasn't very happy.

Tabris

Ouroboros
Question: for the purchase of the first dynavap, do you recommend taking spare parts?
The "pack" option includes DynaWax, 5 High Temp O-rings, 3 Condenser O-rings (2 small & 1 large) and 1 Titanium CCD.

But if you only recommend someone in particular (or none) maybe it is not convenient.

snackmaster

Are we talking gunk or machine oil/metal dust?
Can't tell how clean a 21M comes out of the box but I can tell you that my 20M was EXTREMELY dirty when I got mine. Needed 3 q tips to get all the greyish metal stuff out of the condensor. I wasn't very happy.
Yeah the gray oil/dust gunk

snackmaster,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Tabris I picked up some spare parts, but haven't needed any of them yet. I guess shipping will be cheaper if you buy them now, but I don't think its so urgent.

However, if you end up going for the Vong and don't have access to something to condition the wood (seems like a lot of makers recommend beeswax, walnut oil, or a beeswax + oil hybrid) at least getting some DynaWax to prevent it drying out might be useful.

Steamer

Yeah the gray oil/dust gunk
Based on what you say I'd think that the gunky one is your 20M. I sure hope they've upped their QC since last year, I was actually shocked when I saw this. Even more because I'd been using it for some time

Steamer,

snackmaster

Based on what you say I'd think that the gunky one is your 20M.
Yep, that's what I assumed.
Gonna try not to repeat that forgetfulness when my 2021 (and bonus 2020) arrive.
I'm very interested in whether the 21s are in fact cleaner. That's been my biggest gripe with dynavap for a while now.

Top Bottom