bener

Vapeologist
For me, the slower heat-up and cool-down times for the SS tips makes me favor Ti tips in general, except for preferring the SS tip for use with DynaCoil. The 2020 SS tip is, due to its different performance, my least favorite tip. Perhaps if I would have started with a 2020 SS tip, that would be my preference.

But what bener mentioned, was a difference between ss tips. Ti is too expensive for me at the moment ;)
I think one of the most cost-effective upgrades is getting a Ti tip for an M.
Get a Ti tip and a DynaCoil during a sale and you get 2 vapcaps to use: Ti tip for flowers and the DynaCoil in the SS for concentrates.

Last edited:

Vaporware

@Steamer Are you definitely using a single flame “torch” lighter and not just a standard lighter? Regular lighters are lower temp and take a long time to click, and they will leave your cap a lot dirtier.

If you don’t have easy access to a torch lighter, an alcohol lamp would be a good solution for home use.

If you are using a torch and adjusting it doesn’t help, try a 2, 3 or 4 flame torch which will click faster and not get the tip as hot inside.

Vaporware,
Got my Hot Shot today. While charging I attempted to check and see if it was giving off any heat and the micro USB port immediately broke off on the inside.

Would anyone have a recommendation on what external battery charger could be used to charge this?

Last edited:

bener

Vapeologist
Last edited:
@Alexecutioner , what a bummer!

You might want to check out what @Pipes writes about opening the Hot Shot. I think I have seen @TommyDee post in this quoted thread, but if I am mistaken, it may be useful to him as well.

Post in thread 'VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use'
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...for-desktop-and-in-car-use.23211/post-1553832
Sadly I am referring to the battery door on the bottom which seems to open a bit differently. I'd be very careful when attempting to open.

Alexecutioner,
Reactions: TommyDee

NOLOGO

The biggest issue I have, even with an adjusted CAPTIVE CAP, is the “indents” line up differently on different tips. So the CAP slides down a bit on the tip. This happens a lot when using an IH, may not be an issue for those that use a torch and hold the DV horizontal. The moving, dropping captive cap can effect the DV’s efficiency. A regular “old” properly fitted cap, does NOT slide or move on its tip.
interesting you said this. Like I mentioned I'm new to vapcapping, and all I know is 3 days of my 2020 M and the Rover Induction Heater. So far I love it! The ritual is nice. BUT, I just had my first mishap like you mentioned. I pulled out of the heater and the hot af cap flung off, landing a couple feet in front of me lol.

I'm learning, but I gotta say, coming from daily grasshopper use, t's really nice not having to charge this thing every few hits. And the Rover seems to last me up to 5 days or so before needing a charge.

Any reason I should look at the titanium pieces? I bet it's nice being able to handle the parts sooner after taking hits than stainless.

NOLOGO,
Reactions: bener

bener

Vapeologist
Yes,
Any reason I should look at the titanium pieces? I bet it's nice being able to handle the parts sooner after taking hits than stainless.

Yes. First, the quicker cooling means you can stir, reload, whatever, sooner than with the SS tip. Second, because the Ti tip gives up absorbed heat more rapidly than SS, the adjacent metal stem stays cooler. There’s a few other things, but I think it’s worth a Ti tip even if you don’t want to spend any extra for bells and whistles.

The biggest issue I have, even with an adjusted CAPTIVE CAP, is the “indents” line up differently on different tips. So the CAP slides down a bit on the tip. This happens a lot when using an IH, may not be an issue for those that use a torch and hold the DV horizontal. The moving, dropping captive cap can effect the DV’s efficiency. A regular “old” properly fitted cap, does NOT slide or move on its tip

YES, I just have found that if you have several tips in use, the Captive caps are very particular about which tips they mate well with. I have a few different generations of tips and hardware, and I do a bit of mixing things up. My older caps, while having their idiosyncrasies, stay on the tips better and seem, for me, to be easier to adjust.

Last edited:

nonamekevin

Probably wrong, but I'm still not convinced that twist will have any meaningful impact. Will be interesting to hear reviews once they start shipping.
Speaking of reviews, I feel like the chronological order of dynavap releases go like this:

Dynavap - we have some new Steven hawking level shit coming out.
Everyone - looks like shit/not convinced/I'm gonna wait.
Professional reviews - huge improvement, the grooves are cut 0.0001mm deeper and change the whole experience.
3/4 of everyone - vas

Imo, it seems like the "updates" over the last two years have been on the marketing vocabulary. Im looking forward to the new 2021 omni being released, cause it means the OG omni should be going on sale (a great piece for anyone who hasn't used one.)

:rockon:

Edit: spelling

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
One potential advantage of the new vong that I haven't seen mentioned is durability. I've an original TI Woody (blackwood, it's cool) but the wood is thin and would easily crack if the unit were bent (like bare in a pocket). Gotta be careful.

Similarly, the tip on earlier vongs also plugged into wood; they're consequently vulnerable in the same way.

The new one the metal tip sockets into a beefy Ti collar; I'ma guess that would be tougher to split than my thin woody shell. Maybe Woody can be my urbane town pal and the vong would go for truck rides.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
So call me cynical, but I am almost certain that the omni twist condenser does not do anything substantial. It's kind of a funny thing with DVs, they make incredibly small adjustments, claim they change everything, but in actuality the biggest changes/deviations in performance are due to imprecisions and variances in the tips of individual units.

Also, it should be clear by now that YouTube reviewers are people who need to make money. Not throwing shade her, just pointing out the obvious grain of salt one has to consider these videos with. Wait a few weeks until everyone on the subreddit etc complains about crappy machining on their 200+€ devices. Have we forgotten 2020M-gate already? xD

If cooling is that much of an issue, go to a vendor of your choice, buy 5mm*0.5mm stainless steel strip, sand it down a little to make the edges smooth, feed it through your condenser, twist twist twist, take it out and cut to size, sand a little bit more to smoothen, flatten one end a bit to make it stick in the condenser, heat to glow with a torch and then iso bath to get rid of any potential residues, boom you have your own homemade intercooler for less than 10€. It'll have way more impact on vapour temp than some spiraly pattern on the outside of the condenser. Also prevents scooby snacks.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
im new to the DV world. Just got my first (2020 M) and Rover IH. Can you elaborate on why you don't like the captive cap? Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought it must be nice to have your cap not slide off by mistake as often. Is there another difference with the non-captive version? tia

Because I can't get the cap off with one hand (by using a magnet), especially when it's hot.
And my non-captive caps already don't slide off by mistake, so to me the captive cap is unnecessary and just makes things more difficult/complicated.

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
I agree with @Ramahs - captive caps fixed a problem that didn't exist (for me) and created more problems.

They're loose, jingling, loud, they move up and down mid toke, almost pop off when click (my experience) and actually DO fall off - something the old school ones never do. Hate them.

I'd never purposely buy a captive cap if given the choice of an old school cap.However, they are very easily modified back to normal with needle nose pliers in 5 seconds. So, no big deal.

ChilledAsian

maybe the new tips are machine a little bit wider now to make the captive cap work way better. Watching Austin chuck some vapor from the 2021M got me really curious about the new tips.

sirwalter

I agree with @Ramahs - captive caps fixed a problem that didn't exist (for me) and created more problems.

They're loose, jingling, loud, they move up and down mid toke, almost pop off when click (my experience) and actually DO fall off - something the old school ones never do. Hate them.

I'd never purposely buy a captive cap if given the choice of an old school cap.However, they are very easily modified back to normal with needle nose pliers in 5 seconds. So, no big deal.

Good idea to flatten the captive cap with pliers- that had never crossed my mind.

vandalizedbythelotus

sry if this was already posted but i found it very informative and it's always a joy to see/hear George.

regarding the captive cap however as others have mentioned vertical play introduced undesirable variable (good band name?) in performance and it's difficult to remove for fast reloads IME with the 20M version.

12:55 they talk a bit about the improved fit of the captive cap on the 21M
29:40 when they start showcasing the new omni (gorgeous, all of them are really beautiful to look at IMHO) you can notice the captive cap still has vertical play even when it's secured on the tip.
50:50 more detailed talk about the new omni tip.

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

29:40 when they start showcasing the new omni (gorgeous, all of them are really beautiful to look at IMHO) you can notice the captive cap still has vertical play even when it's secured on the tip.
Considering how much attention to detail is put in to the Omni in general I find it astonishing that a £200 device can be released let alone be sold with a loose, whistley cap that can potentially hamper vapour production!
Standard cap FTW.

vandalizedbythelotus

Considering how much attention to detail is put in to the Omni in general I find it astonishing that a £200 device can be released let alone be sold with a loose, whistley cap that can potentially hamper vapour production!
Standard cap FTW.
right? i assume they had ample feedback on this since they introduced the captive cap.. baffling ... it's like 1+ mm of play there .. considering we have a 10mm-ish bowl i think a 10% variation is quite significant. it certainly has a noticeable impact on performance and feel.

and i think the solution is really simple .. just move the 2 indents a bit deeper, closer to the other (disk) end of the cap in order to reduce vertical play. time to post more in the feedback discord i guess.

Smokey McVape

right? i assume they had ample feedback on this since they introduced the captive cap.. baffling ... it's like 1+ mm of play there .. considering we have a 10mm-ish bowl i think a 10% variation is quite significant. it certainly has a noticeable impact on performance and feel.

and i think the solution is really simple .. just move the 2 indents a bit deeper, closer to the other (disk) end of the cap in order to reduce vertical play. time to post more in the feedback discord i guess.
I think part of the issue is this - when DV started out in 2017 a lot of people (myself included) used the og 2017M to stop smoking joints/blunts because the tight/hottish draw was very similar to smoking. As the laws have changed regarding legality, more and more non smokers have started vaping. Non smokers would appreciate the cooler, open draw the later units like the 2020M provide. This puts George and DV in a funny spot. The OG customers seem to prefer the older units whereas the newer customers prefer the new ones.
I would offer 3 caps. The original, smaller diameter cap for us OGs, and the 2 current caps for everybody else.

Top Bottom