vandalizedbythelotus

I believe we are describing the same thing differently.
If you grip the wood sleeve, I believe you will be able to rotate the titanium portion. If you choose to grip the titanium portion, I think you can spin the wood sleeve.

I could be completely wrong of course.
clearly it's all a matter of perspective but the way i see it the titanium stem, condenser and tip are all fixed together with the only moving part being the outer wood shell. being outside the airpath cleaning shouldn't be an issue altho not being able to remove/replace it is sort of a deal breaker for me since i would still want to be able to clean between it and the TI stem where particles can accumulate and presumably violate the airport. (edit: hmmm on the other hand even if the wood is fatally removed you still have a working stem)

basically same functioning principle as this in my mind
spice-shaker-or-salt-shaker-with-a-perforated-metal-lid-picture-id489924048

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I guess its all speculation until April when some folks have them in hand, but any thoughts on whether old tips work with the new bodies? I see that the new Vong and Omni tip just has two o rings, so it seems like that isn't a firm yes.

I like being able to use my DV contraptions with my woodscents. The Vong looks like it would potentially fit the bill nicely (the little wooden stand is a nice touch), but DV's QC leaves a lot to be desired so I have no idea if the new tip will fit on the heater. I'd happily keep using my old ti tip, but I guess that is an open quesiton.

snackmaster

:lol: I think everyone understands the vong and we're all saying the same thing. And am I wrong thinking the adjustable airport is functionally about the same as the omni condenser in terms of airflow? Feels like dynavap is avoiding putting it in those terms - maybe to avoid losing potential omni customers?

Are we allowed to post pics from the presale listing? Hope this is legal...
IMG_3303.jpg

TheBlackLodge

:lol: I think everyone understands the vong and we're all saying the same thing. And am I wrong thinking the adjustable airport is functionally about the same as the omni condenser in terms of airflow? Feels like dynavap is avoiding putting it in those terms - maybe to avoid losing potential omni customers?

Are we allowed to post pics from the presale listing? Hope this is legal...
View attachment 6593
The new Omni has the twisted condenser that should give cooler hits, but yea this does basically give all the functionality of the current omni.

TheBlackLodge,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
With all models having a built in 10mm WPA, where does the Vong really fit in? Seems like half the folks who want to run through water want no carb/airflow anyways.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: KidFated.

TheBlackLodge

With all models having a built in 10mm WPA, where does the Vong really fit in? Seems like half the folks who want to run through water want no carb/airflow anyways.
All I can see is the ability to fully close the airport. The vong is unattractive to me now that it's not fully wooden.

TheBlackLodge,
Reactions: sunyata

sirwalter

I would've bet money those ti vong pieces would be threaded so I wonder what drove the decision to make that connection permanent. More precise? Press fit is cheaper? Keep other makers from offering replacement "sleeves"?

I was expecting the same thing. I'm kind of wondering if they were afraid people would overtighten it and crack the wood? Make it a permanent connection and problem solved. Or like you just said...press fit could just be quick, simple and less expensive.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I wonder what putting an Omni condenser in the VonG would be like. Could having two points where air intake can be manipulated be beneficial? George said the Omni condenser fits the VonG and adds another level of customization but I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around this idea.

Texus

Omni does not have built in 10mm WPA functionality based on one of the reviews I saw (either Sneaky Pete or the Don'tWorryVapeHappy YouTube review). The only main downside to the Omni to my mind at this point and a bit of a head scracther since that mouthpiece shape should have been able to accommodate it...

NOLOGO

One thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on that Omni (I've never owned an Omni before) is that damn captive cap. I have a 2020 M with a captive cap, and I've never liked that cap. They should at least let you select which cap you want, rather than forcing you to get the captive cap, and then you have to buy the standard cap separately.
im new to the DV world. Just got my first (2020 M) and Rover IH. Can you elaborate on why you don't like the captive cap? Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought it must be nice to have your cap not slide off by mistake as often. Is there another difference with the non-captive version? tia

snackmaster

Fixed a problem that wasn’t there imo.
Yeah I never had a problem with the regular caps but I also don't mind the captives, and remember some posts on reddit from first-timer users whose caps flew off when they clicked and then they were surprised to be told to just squeeze it a bit so it'd stay on. Led to further questions about which way to squeeze, how hard, etc so it's not an immediately obvious fix to some.

Last edited:

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
I just got a cap and coil kit with the 2019 tip and a non-captive cap.

The cap slid right off if you just tilted the tip down until I squeezed it a bunch. I was surprised, since I have the OG glass Vapcap, and I don't remember having to squeeze it at all. Though that was 2016, and in 5 years, I may not remember needing to squeeze this one, so perhaps I did squeeze that one and just forgot?

Simple enough fix though.

bener

Vapeologist
I hated the Captive cap when I got the 2020 M. Unless I went significantly past the click, I wasn’t able to get the satisfying hits I am able to get from any of my other vapcaps. Later on I realized that, for me, the issue was really the 2020 SS tip and not the actual cap.

I still think that it’s a bit of a solution for a problem that isn’t really a problem.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The biggest issue I have, even with an adjusted CAPTIVE CAP, is the “indents” line up differently on different tips. So the CAP slides down a bit on the tip. This happens a lot when using an IH, may not be an issue for those that use a torch and hold the DV horizontal. The moving, dropping captive cap can effect the DV’s efficiency. A regular “old” properly fitted cap, does NOT slide or move on its tip.

vandalizedbythelotus

The biggest issue I have, even with an adjusted CAPTIVE CAP, is the “indents” line up differently on different tips. So the CAP slides down a bit on the tip. This happens a lot when using an IH, may not be an issue for those that use a torch and hold the DV horizontal. The moving, dropping captive cap can effect the DV’s efficiency. A regular “old” properly fitted cap, does NOT slide or move on its tip.
this! coupled with the extra mass of the 20M tip fins i didn't like either. but i think they said the new tips + captive caps fit more tightly together and transfer heat better. they might have updated the caps a little too...

vandalizedbythelotus,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
this! coupled with the extra mass of the 20M tip fins i didn't like either. but i think they said the new tips + captive caps fit more tightly together and transfer heat better. they might have updated the caps a little too...

I shelved all the SS DV stuff I own. I use all titanium tips on my both my wood and titanium Simrell stems, and no carb glass stems now for IH heating consistency. Not using any OG DV stems anymore, no interest in the latest offerings.

PandaLee

I want to upgrade my titanium xl (non-omni). I like feathering the hole, so going omni doesn't interest me. But I was thinking about the Simrell Stinger - $90. Am I correct to assume that this entire unit replaces my previous mouth piece and condenser? So I just throw my old xl stem over the stinger and insert my tip with cap on the other end? That's what I'm thinking, but got a little confused with Simrell's description: "...For the full vortex experience, all you need is the new mouthpiece and a Simrell Stem." I thought the Stinger has a mouthpiece right on there?

PandaLee,

bener

Vapeologist
I shelved all the SS DV stuff I own. I use all titanium tips on my both my wood and titanium Simrell stems, and no carb glass stems now for IH heating consistency. Not using any OG DV stems anymore, no interest in the latest offerings.
I have not put all of my SS tips out to pasture. Instead, I use a dedicated SS to with my DynaCoil, and the other ones I have I typically use when setting up a rig to gift someone. There’s no DynaVaps available at retail locations anywhere near here. So when I am trying to get someone to switch over from combustion, it’s a big help to have something to give them to use.

Otherwise, I am running Ti tips on all my vapcaps. I especially like having the Ti tips when outdoors. They heat up much quicker.

@PandaLee said
”I like feathering the hole, so going omni doesn't interest me.”

I have an Omni and one can still feather. Just adjust the airflow to your liking and feather the airport closed when you want. Running natively can be at a reduced airflow than what you get full opened

Last edited:

Steamer

Later on I realized that, for me, the issue was really the 2020 SS tip and not the actual cap.
What's your issue with the 2020 SS tip?
I've bought a 2020M a while ago and immediately went for a standard cap based on the experiences that I've read here. It's working well but the first click on a cold DV takes forever with a single flame torch as near to the tip as possible. And as I normally go 1-2 seconds past the click, I have to be really careful near the end (probably because the tip has absorbed so much heat by then?)

Steamer,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
What's your issue with the 2020 SS tip?
I've bought a 2020M a while ago and immediately went for a standard cap based on the experiences that I've read here. It's working well but the first click on a cold DV takes forever with a single flame torch as near to the tip as possible. And as I normally go 1-2 seconds past the click, I have to be really careful near the end (probably because the tip has absorbed so much heat by then?)
Not the person you were asking, but for me it would come down to preference. Presumably due to heating slower (and a lot of thermodynamics that I don't remember), the SS seems to have a lot more heat energy after the cap clicks. I finish a bowl in much fewer, but larger, hits as opposed to a ti tip. It also ends up with substantially darker abv (near black while the ti tip leaves a pleasant dark tobacco looking brown). I prefer the ti tip because if I'm using a DV natively the SS leaves me hacking up a lung, but if you want bigger rips SS is probably the move.

Steamer

Not the person you were asking, but for me it would come down to preference. Presumably due to heating slower (and a lot of thermodynamics that I don't remember), the SS seems to have a lot more heat energy after the cap clicks. I finish a bowl in much fewer, but larger, hits as opposed to a ti tip. It also ends up with substantially darker abv (near black while the ti tip leaves a pleasant dark tobacco looking brown). I prefer the ti tip because if I'm using a DV natively the SS leaves me hacking up a lung, but if you want bigger rips SS is probably the move.
Yes bigger rips is what I'm after :lol: at least for as long as I'll be using my torch. Will need an IH for sure but I'm holding off purchases until the big cannabis celebration day.

But what bener mentioned, was a difference between ss tips. Ti is too expensive for me at the moment ;)

Top Bottom