sirwalter

With the rotating airport, that shouldn't be an issue...just a pipe cleaner and some ISO or Everclear. I have a bunch of custom stems that don't come apart like a classic DV...not an issue whatsoever.

I have to admit I'm having a hard time even picturing how the new Vong and its condenser are designed- I need to see one in person. I just know from experience that I have needed to fully clean any metal parts I have received from Dynavap before I used them. I think being unable to break it down for a full cleaning like the old Vong/hydavong is a pretty big negative.

The custom stems I have all have a built in condenser, with only the inside of the condenser being part of the airpath. The new Vong seems really pretty different to me- closer to an Omni. I can't picture having used my Omni for years and never cleaning the inside of it.

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I have to admit I'm having a hard time even picturing how the new Vong and its condenser are designed- I need to see one in person. I just know from experience that I have needed to fully clean any metal parts I have received from Dynavap before I used them. I think being unable to break it down for a full cleaning like the old Vong/hydavong is a pretty big negative.

The custom stems I have all have a built in condenser, with only the inside of the condenser being part of the airpath. The new Vong seems really pretty different to me- closer to an Omni. I can't picture having used my Omni for years and never cleaning the inside of it.
I guess we'll have to see. Can't imagine that they didn't take that into some account.

What I don't like about the new Omni is that you can't close the airport completely again.... I am very lucky that my very old Omni somehow manages to do this. I don't understand why I can't have the option with the new ones but it is a feature only with Vongs. Why should I search for the damn hole all the time?
I'm a total lung puller, no airport kind of user. Lots of custom no airport stems. I don't find either of my older Omni's to be deficient for this use with the condenser dialed all the way out. Of course, YMMV.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
What I don't like about the new Omni is that you can't close the airport completely again.... I am very lucky that my very old Omni somehow manages to do this. I don't understand why I can't have the option with the new ones but it is a feature only with Vongs. Why should I search for the damn hole all the time?
+1
All the hype is exciting, but I just know I would not be happy with an airported stem again. If I was going to spend Omni money then I'd probably pick up a @phattpiggie wood stem instead. Now I might like to try one of those new Ti tips when they become available. ;)

Done with holes.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
With all the excitement of the new releases, we may have missed the entry
Of a new Induction heater, the Sense.

Perhaps the creator, and fellow FC member @Brenyo might want to introduce his product, and himself to this thread.
It looks like a winnah! Sweet

Holy shit. Are those temp increments and wattage settings like a mod battery???

How big is it? Hope to see a video soon.

edit: Nevermind, found the thread in the vape equipment section.

Last edited:

snackmaster

It's just a regular condenser inside a titanium-lined stem, right?

snackmaster

I'm really not sure yet. I basically get the impression there is a titanium tube inside the Vong body that has a window/cutout in it that you can rotate. I think there is a reg condenser that fits inside the titanium tube.
That's how I understand it. It's a bummer the titanium pieces can't be removed, but I don't see it being any hard to clean than the old vong - maybe even easier because the stem is titanium-lined.

Vape_Or_Die420

That's how I understand it. It's a bummer the titanium pieces can't be removed, but I don't see it being any hard to clean than the old vong - maybe even easier because the stem is titanium-lined.
I would say as long at you take an iso soaked qtip through the mouthpiece side you will always being pushing the reclaim away from that port hole.

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: RobbIt

sirwalter

Totally understand if you see it that way. Personally I'd prefer to be able to clean all of the surfaces before use. For example both sides of the rotating titanium tube that may or may not exist..

Just two weeks ago I ordered a new Omni mouthpiece/condenser. It arrived coated in machine oil and graphite. Inside and out.

snackmaster

I would say as long at you take an iso soaked qtip through the mouthpiece side you will always being pushing the reclaim away from that port hole.
Maybe I'm not a heavy enough user but my wood vong bodies don't collect reclaim - only the condenser.
Totally understand if you see it that way. Personally I'd prefer to be able to clean all of the surfaces before use. For example both sides of the rotating titanium tube that may or may not exist..

Just two weeks ago I ordered a new Omni mouthpiece/condenser. It arrived coated in machine oil and graphite. Inside and out.
I see your point. I've had a few new dynavap items that took way too many iso q-tips to clean so I can understand not trusting whatever is between the wood and ti.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
One thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on that Omni (I've never owned an Omni before) is that damn captive cap. I have a 2020 M with a captive cap, and I've never liked that cap. They should at least let you select which cap you want, rather than forcing you to get the captive cap, and then you have to buy the standard cap separately.

vandalizedbythelotus

I'm really not sure yet. I basically get the impression there is a titanium tube inside the Vong body that has a window/cutout in it that you can rotate. I think there is a reg condenser that fits inside the titanium tube.
looks more like a wood sleeve on titanium stem and condenser. both the stem and wood outside lining tube have an airport and you rotate the sleeve to adjust/align.
vapor never touches the wood since it's outside the airpath basically.

sirwalter

looks more like a wood sleeve on titanium stem and condenser. both the stem and wood outside lining tube have an airport and you rotate the sleeve to adjust/align.
vapor never touches the wood since it's outside the airpath basically.

I think thats more or less what I was trying to describe.

Here's a pretty decent shot of it in action at 2:45

sirwalter

yup. i was just trying to clarify i think only the outside wood lining rotates, not the titanium stem, as your post seemed to suggest. sry if i misunderstood

I believe we are describing the same thing differently.
If you grip the wood sleeve, I believe you will be able to rotate the titanium portion. If you choose to grip the titanium portion, I think you can spin the wood sleeve.

I could be completely wrong of course.

Top Bottom