• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Do you have any other IH experience besides the Orion? I have the Caldron from pipes, and I love it. I’m looking for a good portable option if I get the opportunity to sell the Caldron.
If u already got the caldron why not get a PSM, love mine.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Some of my latest makings. Purpleheart and wenge, with matching stands from the off cuts. Waiting for tubing to arrive for custom length condensers!

@Walrus88, your work continues to impress. The simple elegance of the sleek, tapered bat design is classic and lovely.

I also appreciate not having to mess with annoying condenser gaskets.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Can’t say I’ve counted, it’ll easily last an evening out and about.
It’s tempting. The metal construction is fantastic, but USB-C charging, with the ability to use a battery pack for on-the-go recharges, sleek design, switchless and magnetic interface of the Orion swing me in that direction. Possibility of Rover 2

Demonic chronic

It’s tempting. The metal construction is fantastic, but USB-C charging, with the ability to use a battery pack for on-the-go recharges, sleek design, switchless and magnetic interface of the Orion swing me in that direction. Possibility of Rover 2
I’m sure you will be happy with whichever u chose
:tup:

Indifferent FIsh

Clicks per charge?
Can’t say I’ve counted, it’ll easily last an evening out and about.

What's this?!? An opportunity to utilize all my needless and compulsive tracking! I recently tracked my PSM over three different charge cycles over a week to answer this exact question. Using my Ti Tip I managed to get 76 clicks each time. Granted, I was fastidiously respecting the click each time I was tracking clicks but still that consistency caught me off guard. The greater variance was over number of bowls vaped using those 76 clicks. The least I managed was 12 with a range of clicks per bowl, although more than 5 on average. The most I vaped were 15 but those were consistent, all vaped with 5 clicks.

Granted this is really only a case study of my specific PSM after approximately 4 months of daily use, but hopefully this can be illuminating for inquiring minds.

Toivarita

999 Forever
What's this?!? An opportunity to utilize all my needless and compulsive tracking! I recently tracked my PSM over three different charge cycles over a week to answer this exact question. Using my Ti Tip I managed to get 76 clicks each time. Granted, I was fastidiously respecting the click each time I was tracking clicks but still that consistency caught me off guard. The greater variance was over number of bowls vaped using those 76 clicks. The least I managed was 12 with a range of clicks per bowl, although more than 5 on average. The most I vaped were 15 but those were consistent, all vaped with 5 clicks.

Granted this is really only a case study of my specific PSM after approximately 4 months of daily use, but hopefully this can be illuminating for inquiring minds.
Love the info!! 12 bowls, that’s not bad! Ever gone through a full battery in a day?
Any SS data? Or comparison to other IH

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Meet Box Troll @Toivarita & @Chiron

20201005_144226.jpg

This is what a Covid vacation does to a man!
Makes for a *perfect IH

I can say that on some recent data gathering I am finding that heating to the click requires about 0.2Wh of energy to the click regardless of cap or tip, loaded or not. I can drain those cells on a heavy day. They will provide 1,000mah as verified by daily charging. Light days is 500mah.

Per bowl and how many clicks is a parlor game. Anywhere from 150-250mWh of energy imparted on heating the VapCap with the recognized heater will make it to a click. This lets you deduce potential where you have to apply norms like 'over-heating' and dipping. A 1000mah battery should provide 50 clicks in this range by calculation. 67 if they run on the low end of the power range. IH efficiency is a big part of this calculation. Orion is going to be very efficient as reports have already shown. Likely in the 180mWh range per click by the few accounts available.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:)Clicks per charge?
30mm is still quite a big percentage more compared to he caldron. Just threw me off being called mini but being bigger.

For the interest, the PSM was preceded by the Portside, which by comparison was larger;
therefore, the “Mini” Portside, an IH which was tote-able.

Then came the Cauldron, which lost the batteries of the PSM, thus smaller. And corded. :hmm:

Since the rise of Orion, I would be surprised if Pipes doesn’t meet the challenge with his own
Version of the truly portable vCap Induction Heater.

If and when he does, I would get one in a New York second. :cheers:

I used to be a VAS addict, then VCAS, now am selectively am an IHAS addict. I need help. :) :spliff:

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
For the interest, the PSM was preceded by the Portside, which by comparison was larger;
therefore, the “Mini” Portside, an IH which was tote-able.

Then came the Cauldron, which lost the batteries of the PSM, thus smaller. And corded. :hmm:

Since the rise of Orion, I would be surprised if Pipes doesn’t meet the challenge with his own
Version of the truly portable vCap Induction Heater.

If and when he does, I would get one in a New York second. :cheers:

I used to be a VAS addict, then VCAS, now am selectively am an IHAS addict. I need help. :) :spliff:
Thanks for all this. Really helpful.
But oh boy! What is VCAS? I love dynavap and all their heating possibilities.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
DynaVap VapCap are the most utilitarian devices on the market. I measure that by ease-of-use. Although one can get elaborate, the VC can be a 2-minute/day medication device with a regular and simple maintenance routine that could be accomplished within 15 minutes on a cycle as long as a monthly cleaning realistically or even quarterly for the light user. I really want to see a competitor do that.

Of course we have ritual. I don't doubt some of you sleep with the damn thing. But the challenge is out there. What other vape is this simple to use and keep? Caveat - Vapes you don't like are worthless.

Toivarita

999 Forever
DynaVap VapCap are the most utilitarian devices on the market. I measure that by ease-of-use. Although one can get elaborate, the VC can be a 2-minute/day medication device with a regular and simple maintenance routine that could be accomplished within 15 minutes. I really want to see a competitor do that.
Favorite Dynavap and favorite heating method?

Toivarita,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Only IH since day one. Favorite cap is the '18 un-crenelated with a spacer in the cap. This is the hardest coupling combo I have.
The '19 bone stock with the inverted CCD is a very close second. Both are old style caps.

Demonic chronic

My daily driver is an omni vong always with a bong, a close second is my Omnivap xl for out and about, always with an IH now, since I became a snob:lol:

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
I own a 2018m with a orion IH...is the 2020 m a worthy upgrade?
The 2020M has the 10mm water pipe mouthpiece which I find very handy. I’ve found that the 2020M is very controlled in a conduction heater.
Only IH since day one. Favorite cap is the '18 un-crenelated with a spacer in the cap. This is the hardest coupling combo I have.
The '19 bone stock with the inverted CCD is a very close second. Both are old style caps.
What does flipping the CCD do? The CCD is the screen inside the tip, correct?

Toivarita,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
LOL I meant what kind of session do you enjoy? heavy hitter or a chasing terps for instance. Session vaping vs. get it over with.
I don't taste a lick of my herb except some of the delicate terps on first 'green' hit so sessions are reserved for the MF Launch Box.
Therefore, my understanding of the type of sessions you enjoy might point to the knowing if the '20-M will be an improvement or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom