Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I have experimented with the different ccd settings a bit recently – so yeah, it's fiddly at first but it's definitely one of those things that work nicely once you get the hang of it.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Hey folks, i've read somewhere that the ti tip was a better choice for flowers because:
  • better flavor
  • faster heating time
  • 3 levels for micro-dosing
So as i vape only flowers and doing microdoses, i was thinking about it and have some questions:
  • Is there a big difference between a 20M tip and the ti one ?
  • Or maybe i must wait a little for a newer ti version ?:shrug:
  • Is there someone who has those 2 ?
  • How much you can put on each level of 3 ccd placements ? :science:

I have both and used them both for a couple of bowls when I got them. Recently got the Ti one and the '20 tip was the first 419 order.

The '20-M is complicated because the mass of the cap changed. This changes the whole dynamic. In my case, it was seriously lacking in fullness of hits. My standard level that is based on '18 and '19 tip performance. It was really hard to get the heat from the cap to the tip for its inherent conduction of heat. Much greater proximity for radiated heat in general. I had trouble combusting the '20 tip. Still not my cup of tea. Runs much hotter with the extra cooling fin mass. I'm back to my '18 as a heavy hitter.

Ti - Impressed on the first bowl. Great airflow with the CCD set at 2/3rd. Forget the Ti CCD. It was toasted the moment I removed it. I spoke of these things a few pages ago. If you want to use the bowl positions, either have a lot of fresh Ti CCD's on hand or settle for the stainless ones. The Ti ones deform and no longer retain a spring fit. Heat coupling in an IH is good. A little lower power as expected but for heat transfer and cap heat provided a really good balance of convection and conduction to the herb. I didn't use the '20 cap. Something wrong with that thang :peace:

If you like small controlled draws, '20, if you like finishing off a cap in 3 draws, avoid '20 and pick any other SS or Ti. Avoid the '20 cap. This is my take on the new '20 offering. All the right words but fell flat on me. The Ti tip was a VAS buy to know what the hell I'm talking about, and I like it more than I expected. Both need more
mileage for a more refined review. These are my first and only impressions side by side.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I can see that working :goon: I ended up 'stretching' it a little to get it to stay in a groove. Came concave in the bottom but after removing it, it now sits flat in the bottom. I used the mouthpiece side of the condenser to push the CCD out. Dynavap, explain that!

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I went a little crazy on the sales this year ( and some non sales)

bought a SimRell vortex shorty with Ti tip and cap
2020 M
XL omnivong
3 futostashes (1 of them galaxy burl)
D-capper preorder
Vaphotbox portable induction heater
Annnd a worked mini beaker water piece, custom made by a local glass blower

not even sure how much the total damage $$$ was LOL :ko:

***Not feeling the 2020 M at all. The tip anyways at least.
My two favorite vapcaps out of my collection are SimRell vortex and Blackwood omnivong XL

Ti tip 4 lyfe!

Mono Loco

I have occasionally contemplated the concept of a telescoping stem. I sure wish they listed the I.D. of this telescoping 304 S.S. drinking straw. Looks pretty cool, and cheap as ... well, as cheap as Chinese "stuff" typically is. I wonder how feasible it would be to make a coupler/adapter to fit the tip onto the straw. How big is this thing --> https://smile.amazon.com/Longzon-Pack-Telescopic-Metal-Straws/dp/B083GK624C?th=1

almost there

I have occasionally contemplated the concept of a telescoping stem. I sure wish they listed the I.D. of this telescoping 304 S.S. drinking straw. Looks pretty cool, and cheap as ... well, as cheap as Chinese "stuff" typically is. I wonder how feasible it would be to make a coupler/adapter to fit the tip onto the straw. How big is this thing --> https://smile.amazon.com/Longzon-Pack-Telescopic-Metal-Straws/dp/B083GK624C?th=1
In theory it sounds excellent but reality is probably closer to all the mid sections getting all gummed up and stinky unless it’s maintained often

stark1

Lonesome Planet
A “telescoping” stem posted by (gone missing) @Squiby a while back. :wave:

Ze3N6CW.jpg

iXhbrcv.jpg

AcidFlashbang

I used a fresh SS ccd out of my cvap and that one clicked right into the smallest position on the Ti tip. It seems much kore secure than any of the other CCD's/screens I've used. I gotta try pulling on my other ones with pliers and see if that helps.

AcidFlashbang,
@Mono Loco @TommyDee
Ty guys. Its really PITA to put a screen at the middle on my 20M, it never clicks or goes right into it, always kinda stuck 1mm near.
The airflow is also too open, even if i close the carb. Unfortunately I cant even test my old 18' tip because a friend of mine has combusted it. :sherlock:
Sounds like i must pull the trigger :brow:

Hawaiian,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@stark1 you beat me to it.

Seems a long time ago that this idea came to being @Mono Loco.

I'd worry about any coating on the 'SS' straws. Plain one enroute.
The ID is too small for off the shelf use but it can be modified.

As others have said cleaning is the only issue. A regular wipe with an Iso'd q tip.

You are an inspiration, PP! :cheers::bigleaf:

Not (as) elegant — I-like-Glass

Needs 1 mo’ O-ring. YMMV. :rofl:

“Telly” VC (mit intercooler IN-cluded :rofl:)

I find one whack with a hammer and they are good as new. YMMV

~~~~~~~~

You can be gentler if you put a piece of wood between the thin Ti screen
And the heavy hammer blow (which will tend to make the screen a silly nanometer thinner) before :goon:whacckED-ing it. YMMV

Last edited:

Cereal4dinner

better flavor?
-------> slightly different, but "better" is a subjective term. Some users like the flavor better, but others users prefer the S.S. tip's flavor. Some users report no noticeable difference.

faster heating time?
-------> yes, heats faster and cools quicker (but doesn't saturate/retain heat as long)

3 levels for micro-dosing?
-------> Uhm ... in "theory", but setting the CCD into position is an annoying practice in patience as it is sized so precisely, and the retaining grooves seem to vary from DynaVap to DynaVap, that it's not always possible to actually get three viable positions. Using the smallest setting is handy for micro-dosing mostly for the fact that you can see how much is in there, so it's easy to judge.

Is there a big difference between a 20M tip and the ti one ? --> Air-flow/resistance

Or maybe i must wait a little for a newer ti version ? --> who knows ??? (newer is not always better)

How much you can put on each level of 3 ccd placements ?
--> a wee bit, a pinch, and a wee bit + a pinch !

Yeh i agree with this. The 2020m has the best airflow so far. But the titanium still heats up and cools down faster

I'm okay with it like this - Removed o-ring, reversed, and a personal choice mouthpiece. I hate metal and glass against my teeth so wood is great, specially your own turn.
49798926297_a23c5588e1_b.jpg

Still too damn heavy but it looks good.

And no one else uses my rigs. I can live with my funk. :uhoh: I ain't drawin' on yours, that's for sure :tup:

That looks way better than the brown wood mouth piece, that almost looks like ivory or something, i like it!

Last edited by a moderator:

LabPong

I have both and used them both for a couple of bowls when I got them. Recently got the Ti one and the '20 tip was the first 419 order.

The '20-M is complicated because the mass of the cap changed. This changes the whole dynamic. In my case, it was seriously lacking in fullness of hits. My standard level that is based on '18 and '19 tip performance. It was really hard to get the heat from the cap to the tip for its inherent conduction of heat. Much greater proximity for radiated heat in general. I had trouble combusting the '20 tip. Still not my cup of tea. Runs much hotter with the extra cooling fin mass. I'm back to my '18 as a heavy hitter.

Ti - Impressed on the first bowl. Great airflow with the CCD set at 2/3rd. Forget the Ti CCD. It was toasted the moment I removed it. I spoke of these things a few pages ago. If you want to use the bowl positions, either have a lot of fresh Ti CCD's on hand or settle for the stainless ones. The Ti ones deform and no longer retain a spring fit. Heat coupling in an IH is good. A little lower power as expected but for heat transfer and cap heat provided a really good balance of convection and conduction to the herb. I didn't use the '20 cap. Something wrong with that thang :peace:

If you like small controlled draws, '20, if you like finishing off a cap in 3 draws, avoid '20 and pick any other SS or Ti. Avoid the '20 cap. This is my take on the new '20 offering. All the right words but fell flat on me. The Ti tip was a VAS buy to know what the hell I'm talking about, and I like it more than I expected. Both need more
mileage for a more refined review. These are my first and only impressions side by side.

When you use the word "cap" what are you referring to?

cap = vapcap

cap = cap, the part that fit over the tip?

Some might take your wording wrong......

Mono Loco

@stark1 you beat me to it.

Seems a long time ago that this idea came to being @Mono Loco.

So ... James Bond-ish ... which means COOL! You should work with "Q". Now, howzabout' a meter-long flexible tube/hosing that can be hidden into a belt? Or, maybe instead of a "Smoking Jacket", a Vaping Jacket with a long tube that runs from sleeve cuff to sleeve cuff, across the back, such that one can somehow bring one's wrist to one's mouth to take a hit ... and look like a Secret Service guy talking into a mini microphone!

LabPong

Use it for a while and the smell will go away. It is metal, it's not going to absorb smell. You just haven't adequately cleaned it.

Agreed........probably needs physical scrubbing with a qtip around the bowl area. Lots of grooves and trenches to clean in that part. And if the friend used it as a dugout and bat.....it's probably nasty thick with buildup.

@cybrguy @LabPong @TommyDee
Hm, so i kinda need to polish this lil guy :goon:
20200514-221927.jpg

... and he's still your friend? OK, I guess love is unconditional!
:luv: haha, the real story behind the scene is that i was waiting for my Crafty after sending it to RMA so i purchased the 18M just for 2 weeks. I've got a double torch with it and it never worked well and i didn't knew how to properly use the thing so i passed it to my homie :razz: so his dad can smoke it like a pipe without putting tobacco. (he had several heart attacks)

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
When you use the word "cap" what are you referring to?

cap = vapcap

cap = cap, the part that fit over the tip?

Some might take your wording wrong......

When I refer to the cap it is just the cap. I will always signify a vapcap proper as VC or VapCap in text.

@cybrguy @LabPong @TommyDee
Hm, so i kinda need to polish this lil guy :goon:
20200514-221927.jpg

Dremel has a wire brush that can get in there. Use steel brushes and not brass.

Top Bottom