My suggestion is to start from the basic, on up. Buy it, try it.

Then let the glow begin, the flow of the Dynaverse will follow. ( Or not ) YMMV

Come to think of it, you may be a top-down kinda guy, in which case,
should you find the experience less than stellar, you will of course tank.

Rather than being Icarus, or the recent “Houston, we have a problem” Mad Mike Rocketman,
I would rather learn to soar slowly with the warm thermals before attempting the Himalayahs.

It’s your €s, it’s your call.

BTW, remember to get a mag heater, an entirely different experience, when you get
Into the VapCap gyre.

VapCap, on! Spot on.

"mag heater" = Dynatec Apollo 2?

Has your vapcap replaced your desktop units?
I got e-nano, v-tower and just bought a used volcano for 150 bucks :)

Any Dynavap with an airport allows to manipulate the airflow, so in theory you can get any kind of airflow on any model. The major feature of the Omni is that you can preset the airflow for when you leave the airport fully open. It still allows finetuning by closing and opening the airport, but the max airflow is preset. The fact that the Vortex does not allow that for me is the major reason why I am not so very interested in it. I would *love* to test it, but the lack of that Omni feature is a major drawback for me, because I like to do mouth to lung draws a lot, and while that is doable on any model, the Omni is just a bit more comfortable for this style.

I agree with you that these aspects (air-vapor ratio, draw restriction, throat hit) are important.
Yo, i fully understand the thing with draw resistance / airflow.
5-6 years ago i couldn t go any near to a Lung Inhale vaporizer and though i ll mouth to lung my entire life.
Now s just the other way around...mtl doesn t satisfy me as much, i wanna feel the vapor filling up my lungs lol..so it s hard to go back to mouth to lung.
Ok, i have like a month to decide...if omni or vortex..i even think of getting a phantom M first, but it s out of stock on most sites that ship in EU..

myke10

The airport has never done anything for me, never had any favorable results with it. I use it closed 100% of the time and it works great.

I also only pack enough herb for one rip. I could pack more but the flavor gets compromised on subsequent rips. So I pack a small amount for one rip (suprising how a tiny amount of good quality can produce a huge cloud), always hold it with the cap pointing up (so I guess it wouldn't work with an IH). Heat/spin and insert into bong. Empty and repeat as necessary.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
I am really happy, delighted with my Vapcap, I must say that it took me a while to understand its full potential but I think there is a reason if many vapers are in love with it.
It's a brilliant tool, Zen, sometimes I like to look at it, it's the strength of simplicity.
Few ideas but right.

Now is noob questions time ...:D:uhoh:

I read that many to vaporize concentrates use coil or degummed hemp fiber. I simply mix the concentrate with the cbd trim: what do you say, can this somehow damage the vapcap?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I also only pack enough herb for one rip. I could pack more but the flavor gets compromised on subsequent rips. So I pack a small amount for one rip (suprising how a tiny amount of good quality can produce a huge cloud), always hold it with the cap pointing up (so I guess it wouldn't work with an IH). Heat/spin and insert into bong. Empty and repeat as necessary.
This is the ideal circumstance to use the Ti tip and use the scoring inside to place your CCD closer to the opening to shrink the bowl size. No need to hold the VC cap up as you can pack it like a full bowl. Most of my Ti tips have a smaller bowl using this method.

Planck

believes in Dog
The airport has never done anything for me, never had any favorable results with it. I use it closed 100% of the time and it works great.
Yep, I am the same, we are many. :wave:

It's a brilliant tool, Zen, sometimes I like to look at it, it's the strength of simplicity.
It is brilliant. :tup:
You will not damage it with mixed flower and concentrate. It's a very common method. Actually it's hard to damage a vapcap, the CCD is the most delicate part and I never remove it. The rest requires some real creativity to damage. :lol:

myke10

This is the ideal circumstance to use the Ti tip and use the scoring inside to place your CCD closer to the opening to shrink the bowl size. No need to hold the VC cap up as you can pack it like a full bowl. Most of my Ti tips have a smaller bowl using this method.
Cool, I considerd the Ti tip for that reason but then was also reading about how it wasn't really necessary so I just opted for ss. The thing is if it's packed loosely (which I think is good for better/more even airflow), doesn't the herb fall against the top of the cap if turned upside down. I would think that would have a negative affect...

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Cool, I considerd the Ti tip for that reason but then was also reading about how it wasn't really necessary so I just opted for ss. The thing is if it's packed loosely (which I think is good for better/more even airflow), doesn't the herb fall against the top of the cap if turned upside down. I would think that would have a negative affect...

I don't get herb in the cap, even with small packs and inverting into an IH. For the most part, once you get the first heat cycle going I believe the melting resin on the flower holds the herb pack together.

I also join the club of not using the airport much at all. I prefer mouthpulls on the vapcap and it works well without it.

TommyDee

Vaporitor

I'm advocating for a normally-closed airport. Would that be more useful so you could clear the stem and complete the current inhalation?

I'm pretty close to a real-time IH 'log', at least in a manner where I can give a few seconds of heating while drawing on the VC. What I need is get the power level way down and I think we'll have something in the makings of a real-time IH. Today I use the IH sideways. It uses a separate switch so orientation is much less of an issue. Already combusted a couple of times due to the lag in the heat-signal. But it is a way to clear a cap in one efficient draw. No loss for flavor and the potential for bursting intensity! I think I'd want a two position switch for standby [maintain] and a second for 'power boost' as a normal IH functions now. And as with previous tests, 14500 Li-Ion IMR [or better] cells can manage this. If the unit had a charging cradle with a BMS, it could be a proper IH log with a lesser battery pack for portability and convenience. Think PSM with some ergonomics added for holding it to you cap and a thumb switch :science:

49594193007_c67af90a6e_c.jpg

The 'chamber' is on long 'legs' so it is a bit flexible in position from the circuit board.
No additional support is required.

Last edited:

myke10

I'm advocating for a normally-closed airport. Would that be more useful so you could clear the stem and complete the current inhalation?
I now have a glass stem with no airport and it's great. The first day or two of using it I kept feeling around for the airport after heating... lol. I don't have an IH though, just a single torch :)

Also, I can't believe I never thought to try it without the condensor. I think the airflow is a bit better without anyway...

Top Bottom