TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
@all dynavapers
Is your cap always the same or did you have to replace it with a new one?

I'd like to see photos of the inside of all your caps and know how long you have used it ...

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
Is your cap always the same or did you have to replace it with a new one?

I've not replaced any caps. The 17M is the oldest and was purchased when they were released, thousands of heat cycles now and I expect it has many more years of use.

Torch Blazer firefox; http://blazerproducts.com/firefox-439.html
As old as the 17m and still working great. I would replace it with another in a heartbeat. Child proofing bit removed (easy to do). Blazer invented the torch lighter and few match their quality imo.

Cheers.

someTooL

So like many in this new free world we live in, I have concentrates available to finally try out. A Dynacoil is being considered.

Live rosin, butter, crumble...etc. I’m already lost. Will the coil work with only a certain type of concentrate? Can you use an IH or is it flame only to heat? Not wanting to clog up this page with off topic but just a push in the direction.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
What kind of lighter do you use guys?

sketch-1582073989035.jpg

Re photos of caps.
sketch-1582074005034.jpg

Daily driver cap for the last eleven months. Mostly single flame with the occasional triple.

cgod

I've got a few wood stems coming in this week, want to keep them healthy for the future, I have Sticky Brick butter at home but I thought I'd see what everybody else on here uses to treat there stems ?

msdt

I use IH with dynacoil and it works great. I hold the dynavap at about 45' angle with the bowl pointing up and use the IH upside down. You dont want your concentrate to liquidify and run down the tube but once the dynacoil soaks it up its not much of an issue.
I always go past the click and have been using the dame cap for a couple of years. It used to click twice but now just once, dont know when or why it changed.
I use the wax from dynavap on all my parts, seems to work fine.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Live rosin, butter, crumble...etc. I’m already lost. Will the coil work with only a certain type of concentrate?
My first (and so far only) concentrate at this point is crumble, and while the DynaCoil does work with it, it is not ideal. I have been finding that sandwiching it in a bowl of flower seems to work best. I look forward to finding something more wax like or even some rosin to better take advantage of the coil's design.

Herbie

My first (and so far only) concentrate at this point is crumble, and while the DynaCoil does work with it, it is not ideal. I have been finding that sandwiching it in a bowl of flower seems to work best. I look forward to finding something more wax like or even some rosin to better take advantage of the coil's design.

So, maybe something that will stick to the sides of the coil? Probably not shatter.

I use IH with dynacoil and it works great. I hold the dynavap at about 45' angle with the bowl pointing up and use the IH upside down. You dont want your concentrate to liquidify and run down the tube but once the dynacoil soaks it up its not much of an issue.
I always go past the click and have been using the dame cap for a couple of years. It used to click twice but now just once, dont know when or why it changed.
I use the wax from dynavap on all my parts, seems to work fine.

Thanks for your input here. Yesterday, I just about posted the exact question you are answering. I have a Dynacoil on the way and was wondering about this.

Using an IH makes the Dynacap work for me. For whatever reason, which isn’t a lack of trying, I just could not get consistent results with a lighter. Read all the tips and tricks. Tried lots of things. Would get some good hits then not so good, then charred herb. Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

msdt

Ive use shatter, I first heat it just enough to melt it into the coil, I heat it far down the cap with a single flame. And until it melts I don't put the cap all the way on, I back it a little off to avoid getting anything on the cap. Sometimes I wait for it to cool and pull the lid off and look.

rvarick

What kind of lighter do you use guys?
I’ve used the following (in descending order based on preference) if helpful:
  • Aomai Slim Single Flame Flint (favorite)
  • Blazer PB207 pocket micro (nice, but $$)
  • Vertigo Concorde Dual (can rotate for different heating)
  • Vertigo Z Plus 2.0 Dual (stealth, but tiny tank)
  • Vertigo Cyclone 2 Triple (only for outdoors)
  • Vertigo Javelin (didn’t prefer for some reason)
  • Aomai AM365 single (junk)

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
What @Herbie said

“Using an IH makes the Dynacap work for me. For whatever reason, which isn’t a lack of trying, I just could not get consistent results with a lighter. Read all the tips and tricks. Tried lots of things. Would get some good hits then not so good, then charred herb. Ugh.”

Mag heaters & VapCap = “match” made for :tup: YHMV

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
It did for me. I mean I love my single and triple flame but its a different experience and taste imo. At the end of the day the variance in the amount of time to the click changes the quality of vapor. With an IH its pretty much consistent heat ups everytime. I got my first ih from pipes , it was a wired caldron. I still use it and love it. Obviously the heat ups from cool will be different then one that has already been warmed. I recently got a battery lucid one as well I find myself using it alot w my dynacoil. Ditching the wire gave me the ability to turn it sideways and keep it at the temp I like. I also dig hitting it while heating. Something I only recently got into doing as well. Takes a lityle practice but its cool to try to keep the temp just outside the click zone. Not dealing w running out of butane is just one of the many benefits of these little guys. The caldron is def the warmer of the 2 at the click but I like it that way. So I can use the Apollo 2 to flavor chase or the Caldron for some dense hits. Gotta say though my newly purchased Woodcents has given my collection of Dynavaps new life. Id say just as much as a game changer for the sesh but also wanting more artisan/wood stems to match for the collection. You can vary you sesh w a ti or stainless tip and get super accurate w the temp dial. Can fully extract a bowl in 1 to 2 hits. No matter which way you go a new heat source will change it up. Every once and a while a new torch does the trick for different results

Top Bottom