kushkush

happy camper....
Yeah, not trying to be too snarky. George is awesome and DV is awesome. I'm just saying that it's kinda incongruous to be all fired up for his eventual offering when there are respectable IH options already available and DV have prioritized a mess of vapcap releases in the year or more folks have been clapping their hands about the DV cup heater.

I have 2 of @Pipes Jarheads and gave a 3rd to a friend. They’re small and work flawlessly. I’ve had mine for a very long time and it sits about a foot and a half from my left hand...yes, very handy. :)

:leaf:

Dutch-Mic

I like the coffee mug design and am willing to wait for it. I already giggle a bit inside when I imagine how people would react to the IH if I use it in public with a couple of friends. "Why are they putting a pipe thingy in a coffee mug? :mental:"

Squiby

Is there a difference between a regular condenser and an M condenser? Do M condensers fit in other appropriate sized bodies, or only the M?

The M is an all stainless steel vaporizer, including it's condenser. All other condensers are titanium. The condensers are interchangeable with the exception of the Omni titanium condenser/mp assembly in that it does not pair up properly with the stainless steel M tip and the 'set it and forget it' function would be somewhat impaired.

The M condenser will fit any 62mm configuration, so any 45mm body plus a 17mm mouthpiece or any 62mm stem.

If you want to create an XL VapCap from your M, you will need an XL condenser which will accommodate a 79mm configuration of a 62mm stem plus a 17mm mp.

Beyond that....have at it.

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
I've always liked the Ms, but my Ti tipped Vapcaps always won out, until the 19 M. The 2019 upgrades really have proplelled the M into the Ti tipped sphere of excellence. The tip design with its top notches and the thicker, deeper, channels have improved the air flow significantly. The stem is not only gorgeous but it has better twirling traction and the air port can easily be felt in the dark. But the main thing for me is the improved tip design.

The M continues to be a manual vape compared to the Omni's set it and forget it automatic air flow with its condenser/mp assembly. The ti tip features interior bowl settings which remains absent in the M. The titanium Omni is much lighter than the stainless steel M. The Omni weighs in at 12.5 grams while the M is 50% heavier at 19 grams.

I've been using mine for hard hash and I find it as nimble as the ti tipped models. I think it will be the Dynavap star of 2019 and we've only just begun.

Just wanted to post to thank @Squiby for all of her knowledge and contributions to this thread. She's truly awesome and really a brand ambassador for everything Dynavap. Cheers Squiby! :cheers:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ha ha, yeah! I see a question, i see an @Squiby response, i scroll right past knowing that it's more than taken care of...

But don't cross her, rumor has it she can beckon a cap across the oceans :) you'll be capless my friends.

Just wanted to post to thank @Squiby for all of her knowledge and contributions to this thread. She's truly awesome and really a brand ambassador for everything Dynavap. Cheers Squiby! :cheers:

sirwalter

Squiby

I get the impression the standard condensers in the M are titanium at this point as well. In the replacement parts section the standard M condensers available are now titanium, not stainless.

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/standard-ss-condenser-with-o-rings

You could be right, but if you scroll down in your link to the compatibility chart, they do make a differentiation between the M condenser and the standard condenser in the ti tipped models. The word 'standard' refers to the length.

Dynavap has promoted the M as an all stainless steel model. That's why I think the M still sports a SS condenser.

I'm going to contact Dynavap for clarification. The URL link says SS while the title on the page says titanium.

Curious minds need to know!!!

sirwalter

You could be right, but if you scroll down in your link to the compatibility chart, they do make a differentiation between the M condenser and the standard condenser in the ti tipped models. The word 'standard' refers to the length.

The M listing says it uses the standard condenser- under "product characteristics"

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers/special-products/the-m/the-new-2019-m

I get the impression they just changed the parts listing for the old stainless condenser to titanium. If there's an additional stainless M condenser, it isn't being sold as a part anymore.

I haven't had the chance to contact Dynavap about it, but these changes happened a few months ago I would guess.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Dynavap has promoted the M as an all stainless steel model. That's why I think the M still sports a SS condenser.

I'm going to contact Dynavap for clarification. The URL link says SS while the title on the page says titanium.

Curious minds need to know!!!

One thing I noticed from the pictures is that the "M condenser" only has two places with grooves for two x-ring style o-rings to sit into (only two are needed, because no spinning mouthpiece), whereas the "standard condenser" has a third place with grooves for the third ring that is used in the spinning mouthpiece configuration.

So, if they both are titanium now, that extra set of grooves for the third ring may be the difference.

See it in these screenshots I just took.

See how the M condenser has no third set of grooves near the middle:
Screen-Shot-2019-03-16-at-6-29-35-PM.png

And the standard condensor has that third set of grooves for the third ring to sit in:
Screen-Shot-2019-03-16-at-6-29-55-PM.png

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
So the M condenser possibly can’t accommodate a mouthpiece even when placed in the body of say a Nonavong? But otherwise it should work fine without a mouthpiece?

Or, looking at those screenshots, I would actually need a Nonavong XL body to fit a standard condenser? I’m getting confused by all the options here.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So the M condenser possibly can’t accommodate a mouthpiece even when placed in the body of say a Nonavong? But otherwise it should work fine without a mouthpiece?
A Nonavong body on a standard condenser will accept a MP but a Stem on a standard condenser cannot use a MP.
The scoring is just to mark where the third xring should go, it isn't required when using one.
Or, looking at those screenshots, I would actually need a Nonavong XL body to fit a standard condenser? I’m getting confused by all the options here.
A Nonavong XL body is actually a Stem. A stem and a mouthpiece will fit together on an XL condenser to make a Nonavong XL. To make that standard sized you would need a standard condenser and either change the stem to a body or skip the MP.
A body is 45mm. A stem is 62mm. The difference between the 2, 17mm, is the length of a mouthpiece.

Squiby

I get the impression they just changed the parts listing for the old stainless condenser to titanium. If there's an additional stainless M condenser, it isn't being sold as a part anymore.
I contacted Dynavap and just received confirmation that the M condenser is still made from stainless steel. I does appear that the M condenser is not sold separately. But the standard titanium condenser which is the same length will fit just as well.

The M Is 3.5 inches long and uses a standard length condenser and will accommodate a 62mm configuration. The M stem is 62mm.

If you have a body, VonG or otherwise, which is 45mm plus a 17mm spinning mp (45+17= 62) you can use the M condenser.

If you have a stem VonG which is 62mm, it will fit on the M condenser.

XL Vapcaps are 4.25 inches long and use an XL condenser. The XL condenser accommodates a 79mm configuration which would be a stem midsection, VonG or otherwise, plus a 17mm mp. (62 + 17 = 79).

Did anybody notice that the air channel on the 2019 M tip is shaped like an M when turned horizontal?
Yes and the faster I twirl it the dizzier I get....

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Okay, all these glowing reviews made me rethink my choice to skip the 2019 M, especially as the 2018 M has already become my daily driver.

I grabbed the 2019 M and an XL condenser with a dark wood mouthpiece to turn the M into an XL. The easier spinning will be really nice and the rocker on the 2019 M plus the new SS tip will be much appreciated because finding the carb on the 2018 can be hit and miss.

I think I’ll just get an aftermarket glass piece for use with water. There are cheaper options than the Nonavong and I don’t want something with a carb if I’m only using it through water. What are the best gong options for Dynavaps?

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Okay, all these glowing reviews made me rethink my choice to skip the 2019 M, especially as the 2018 M has already become my daily driver.

I grabbed the 2019 M and an XL condenser with a dark wood mouthpiece to turn the M into an XL. The easier spinning will be really nice and the rocker on the 2019 M plus the new SS tip will be much appreciated because finding the carb on the 2018 can be hit and miss.

I think I’ll just get an aftermarket glass piece for use with water. There are cheaper options than the Nonavong and I don’t want something with a carb if I’m only using it through water. What are the best gong options for Dynavaps?

Plus 1 (plus 500?) on the @DDave water wand. Every vapcap user should have one.

Top Bottom