StringTheorista

Thanks for the input. I was hoping a Doob Tube would fit in the Dynastash. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I may go with the leather storage pouch.
I’ve used this tube, with a plastic cap (or a cork would work), which fits easily into the stash compartment of a dynastash. It hold 2-3 capfuls. I don’t know why they’ve gotten so pricey—when I bought about a year ago they were ~$3 each, which seemed more reasonable.
https://www.amazon.com/LaMotte-0242-Glass-Diameter-Length/dp/B00EA97RJ4

If you’re willing to drill the stash side a little deeper (it’s 60mm deep), you could fit something like this: https://www.amazon.com/12x75mm-Rubber-Stopper-Karter-Scientific/dp/B00RKMWVD0

Or these mini doob tubes, which should fit without modding anything: https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Centrifuge-Storage-Container-Fragrance/dp/B00NIBGDRW

Last edited:

Papi

SevGen
Happy TGIF, everyone! :nod:

Happy Fun Friday here, @Dickinson Haus, Amherst, Mass—in but such a country village!

Don’t have all your toys, Papi, but I am happy with some Grav glass. Poor boy that I yam.

Poor boy, yer bound to die! :rofl:

33y5h0g.jpg
A third of what was pictured was a gift . An act of extreme kindness by Geo.B of DV.
I mean what more can u say about a company that takes care of its customers as they do?

Brian Patrick

I’ve used this tube, with a plastic cap (or a cork would work), which fits easily into the stash compartment of a dynastash. It hold 2-3 capfuls. I don’t know why they’ve gotten so pricey—when I bought about a year ago they were ~$3 each, which seemed more reasonable.
https://www.amazon.com/LaMotte-0242-Glass-Diameter-Length/dp/B00EA97RJ4

If you’re willing to drill the stash side a little deeper (it’s 60mm deep), you could fit something like this: https://www.amazon.com/12x75mm-Rubber-Stopper-Karter-Scientific/dp/B00RKMWVD0

Or these mini doob tubes, which should fit without modding anything: https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Centrifuge-Storage-Container-Fragrance/dp/B00NIBGDRW

Fantastic info! Thanks!

Wildeyedzan

Got the M a few days ago. I'm in the FAM :)
Best 25 dollars ever spent on something vaporizer related...used the woods before and once the omni...I am really feeling the metal :rockon:
Don't have to worry about it getting wet ...well I do but not about the wood soaking it up ...you guys and gals know what I mean ;)
Couple stems in so gonna cut this short LOL
thoughts so far --
Very convenient.packs quite a punch,especially with a herb oil sandwich :razz:
No batteries&charging is BOMB. Gotta restrain myself from picking it so often :)
Enjoy this beautiful day everyone. Do something you love:love:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Got the M a few days ago. I'm in the FAM :)
Best 25 dollars ever spent on something vaporizer related...used the woods before and once the omni...I am really feeling the metal :rockon:
Don't have to worry about it getting wet ...well I do but not about the wood soaking it up ...you guys and gals know what I mean ;)
Couple stems in so gonna cut this short LOL
thoughts so far --
Very convenient.packs quite a punch,especially with a herb oil sandwich :razz:
No batteries&charging is BOMB. Gotta restrain myself from picking it so often :)
Enjoy this beautiful day everyone. Do something you love:love:

Welcome to the family!

Brian Patrick

Thanks to everyone for all their input. This is one fantastic community. Hope to be an OmniVap XL owner in the next week or so.

Just waiting to see if any Labor Day sales pop up.

I was inspired by George and his alcohol lamp too. Mine is going to be a repurposed hard candy tin and some braided hemp fiber

Think I am going to try the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
https://ibb.co/nPm8YU

Been a while since I posted here, it is however by far my favorite forum. The only forum with chickens and vapes:) Said goodbye to summer past weekend with a nice session. Hope you are all doing well:love:
nPm8YU

Couldn’t see your pic @7oli5, so here it is, reposted it for everyone

2zya59u.jpg

Where could this tropical paradise be? :cool:

Yup. summer’s passing, Autumn, my favorite time
of year’s gonna be falling in, in the blazing hills of olde New England! :spliff:

Last edited:

Wittgenstein

Another quick question is there a preference for the spinning or OmniVap mouthpiece? I actually just found these are two different animals. One is a set it and forget it once you have your sweet spot.

I like the spinning MP because it makes spinning more comfortable especially with an XL. I think the Omni is a bit of a strange construction. It is meant to regulate airflow but this actually doubles the function of the carb. The mechanism also does not work smoothly. I have a ti omni and an xl omni and for my taste it is not working very good. I am able to over screw the tube part of it so that it stands out and does not get back in since it looses its thread. To fix this one must remove the tip and push the tube back that it grips the thread again. Also I was able to actually spin the MP out while the tube stays in place so I have to push the MP back in again (I have also seen this in a video review of the omni somewhere). I have a blackwood stem and it is really hard to push the xl omni into it and when its in it does not want to spin at all anymore. I have stopped to combine the two since I absolutely do not want to break the stem with the forces I have to apply. So actually I do not use the mechanism of the omni at all but use the carb instead and all is fine. What I like about the omni MP is the additional (!) weight it adds to the overall vape. It nicely counters the weight of the tip. I like that 'hardware' feel and the weight distribution feels more balanced. And I like a metal MP better than a wood MP since it does not get 'sqhishy', if you know what I mean.

I thought about a piston mechanism for an omni. A piece of metal on the MP thread that actually opens and closes the carb (or five small carbs in a row for 'airflow levels', indicated with a colored piston - so you have a visual indicator). from the inside like a valve. But I have no idea if this could be made VAS compliant.

Last edited:

Squiby

The mechanism also does not work smoothly. I have a ti omni and an xl omni and for my taste it is not working very good. I am able to over screw the tube part of it so that it stands out and does not get back in since it looses its thread. To fix this one must remove the tip and push the tube back that it grips the thread again. Also I was able to actually spin the MP out while the tube stays in place so I have to push the MP back in again (I have also seen this in a video review of the omni somewhere)
Finding your 'set it and forget it' perfect setting may be more easily achieved by first removing your condenser/mp assembly. This is especially true for new Omnis and new Omni users. With the condenser removed you can turn the mp to screw and unscrew from the condenser threads and see the progression.

With the mp threaded completely onto the condenser your airflow is wide open. Turn the mp to back off of the threads lengthens the assembly which will seal the beveled condenser end into the ti tip, blocking external air flow. Adjustments can be made anywhere in between. Turning the mp too far will disconnect the two pieces as with any threaded contraption. Seeing what you are doing can help you find your sweet spot. Lubricate the orings, then place your adjusted condenser/mp assembly back into the midsection, pushing it all the way in and test. Rinse and repeat until you have it set to your preference.

I have a blackwood stem and it is really hard to push the xl omni into it and when its in it does not want to spin at all anymore.
The Omni condenser/mp assembly should fit fairly tight inside the midsection and should never have the ability to spin. Rather a deliberate adjustment turn can be made while grasping the mp. Adding a lubricant to the orings can make the difference between an impossibly tight fit and smooth snug fit.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Many people complain that the Omni can't close the air path completely. I'm not sure why DV doesn't add a mm or so to the omni condenser length to resolve this, but there must be a reason. It might be fear of people damaging the threads by closing it too tightly...

Squiby

Many people complain that the Omni can't close the air path completely. I'm not sure why DV doesn't add a mm or so to the omni condenser length to resolve this, but there must be a reason. It might be fear of people damaging the threads by closing it too tightly...
Both my regular Omni and my XL Omni close completely, completely disabling the air intake. Both my Omnis were purchased when they were first launched. I wonder if there may be a difference between the first models that were manufactured and later ones...

Wittgenstein

Finding your 'set it and forget it' perfect setting may be more easily achieved by first removing your condenser/mp assembly. (...) Adding a lubricant to the orings can make the difference between an impossibly tight fit and smooth snug fit.

Sure. Its just my personal findings. And I have lubricated the blackwood stem in and out and the orings too. The inner diamter of the stem is just to small. Maybe the wood dried out before it came here. I have also a cocobolo stem that works fine with the omni.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Damn those peaches look GOOD!
Both my regular Omni and my XL Omni close completely, completely disabling the air intake. Both my Omnis were purchased when they were first launched. I wonder if there may be a difference between the first models that were manufactured and later ones...
Mine is newer than that, last November I think. Mine does NOT close completely, but it isn't a problem for me as I like to play the air hole for the last bit. I only want a VC completely closed when used on water, and I only use my Vongs on water.

Hussan311

So i have a 2018m and i love it so much have been using it more than my mighty lately and now i really want to get a omnivap but i was just curious is their much difference between the omnivap and the omnivap xl besides the length? are the hits that much cooler? i feel like i would like the length of the xl but i can get a new omnivap for 143$ and not sure if the extra 40 is worth it for the xl

Top Bottom