Do you think it’s the temperature? Vapor is far cooler than smoke.

I guess it’s worth a shot though just to cross it off the list.

Hi thanks , this got me thinking more about what i was doing wrong.

So I made one change and that made all the difference - the small but big change was that I stopped using hemb fiber as filter. Hemp fiber just combusts too soon and is just not suitable for charas type hash.

I saw some of the stainless steel type concentrate screens available online and also read one of suiby's posts about the same thing - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-628#post-1122587

So, I have fashioned a stainless steel wire capsule to fill the chamber with - and I just put my hash pancake on top it and vape it. What a huge difference this makes. No more coughing - just smooth vapor all the way for about 5-6 hits.

I have not coughed once, I have not combusted my hash once, just worlds apart from when I was using the degumed hemp fiber. Maybe that works for other types of concentrates, but for people who want to enjoy trditional hashes in their Vapcaps, especially Charas from India - my advise is to give it a go with a stainless screen filter that wont combust due to higher temperature required for vaping charas.

Here is a pic for reference.

KRKfDr0.jpg

Thats the bunch of stainless steel wires on the right which I used to make my SS Capsule to fill the chamber with.

Thoughts??

Last edited:

B-minus

Thanks for the quick response.
and I agree on a wood body feel like the 7 fins make the tip look longer or something and kinda throws off the whole look.
Although can't say it looks bad on that eds tnt body.

B-minus,

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I had plans, but all I can hear is the Gods' laughter. Oh well, I have two Omnivaps, the goods to put in them, and several cool guitars to choose from. I am indeed lucky.

@NayiZindagi I think you adapted admirably. I've removed the hemp fiber filters I had and have not coughed either. My only worry for you would be is the stainless steel you used of a good enough quality, I know everything that's SS in vapcaps and most vaporizers is medical grade.

Last edited:

Shannock

That's a cool little grouping there. The torch is my favorite for VCs. The magnet tin is very colorful, unlike my Altoids tin. And the j-hook, obviously distorted by the angle, looks very cool with it's little legs. I'm guessing an 18mm with a reducer?
If you have a link for that j-hook you can share I'd like to take a look. Thanks.

Thanks, that lighter is my favourite and hasn't put a foot wrong in well over a year, I own loads of others (TAS) but always go back.

I struggled to find a J-hook in the UK but this is from a Vapo-cane set, you're right about the 18mm with reducer and excuse the non VC pic but the J-hook is clearer.

b6dF9mZ.jpg

Incidentally it's the same brand as the rather phallic J-hook posted earlier in the thread but a more prudish shape!:rofl:

:peace:

Edit for link http://vapocane.com/vapocane-handset/

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, while I am sitting here looking out the window waiting for the mailperson to deliver my shiny green package I have some thoughts.
the new caps I got last week are bigger than the previous ones I've owned
When you posted about this I went to verify it and I couldn't. I DID find that the new caps (I got two on the flash sale, one etched) were somewhere between 2 and 3 hundredths of a gram lighter than earlier caps, tho no difference between the 2 I got (.8g rather than .82g). George did ack somewhere (video maybe) that they were slightly different, but I don't remember him saying how. I'm guessing its in the clicker. They didn't seem noticeably looser to me, tho, on existing tips.
So, I went to my gen 3 tipped Woody. The gen3 tips were different in that the channel the vapor travels through is much narrower, being little more than a groove, and therefore leaving much more surface area to cause friction with the cap. I think that is the best tip for judging cap size (diameter) differences, and using that tip it wasn't obvious that there was any real difference between recent cap generations as far as friction level other than those created by the relative roundness (how squeezed or not) of the cap. I'm sure there are slight tolerance differences between runs too, but they should be very slight as this is a critical feature.
I would love to have others investigate this a little to see if I am correct. But I truly think the looseness of caps on the new tip is likely more about the tip surface than any difference in the caps. I don't know if the vapor channels changed at all, but if they did it isn't very much.

Ooooooo... is that the mail truck out there across the street?

almost there

So, while I am sitting here looking out the window waiting for the mailperson to deliver my shiny green package I have some thoughts.

When you posted about this I went to verify it and I couldn't. I DID find that the new caps (I got two on the flash sale, one etched) were somewhere between 2 and 3 hundredths of a gram lighter than earlier caps, tho no difference between the 2 I got (.8g rather than .82g). George did ack somewhere (video maybe) that they were slightly different, but I don't remember him saying how. I'm guessing its in the clicker. They didn't seem noticeably looser to me, tho, on existing tips.
So, I went to my gen 3 tipped Woody. The gen3 tips were different in that the channel the vapor travels through is much narrower, being little more than a groove, and therefore leaving much more surface area to cause friction with the cap. I think that is the best tip for judging cap size (diameter) differences, and using that tip it wasn't obvious that there was any real difference between recent cap generations as far as friction level other than those created by the relative roundness (how squeezed or not) of the cap. I'm sure there are slight tolerance differences between runs too, but they should be very slight as this is a critical feature.
I would love to have others investigate this a little to see if I am correct. But I truly think the looseness of caps on the new tip is likely more about the tip surface than any difference in the caps. I don't know if the vapor channels changed at all, but if they did it isn't very much.

Ooooooo... is that the mail truck out there across the street?
I have 3 tips and they slide off all of them. On 1 of the tip there's a very slight grip but it can be easily shaken off. All the previous caps fit differently also so it's no big deal.

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings from las Vegas.

So we finally came to Champs. A trade show for the industry. It was awesome. I was able to meet some great people who have been very helpful to DynaVap like Randy from Puff It Up.
There was much to see at the show.

IMG_20180219_143825309_zpsdg5ostfe.jpg

Glass and fire, and many other cool things.
This was the glass blowing competition.

IMG_20180219_143951413_zpso407xjpp.jpg

It was a pretty big show, with many smoking accessories, but we tend to prefer the vapor side of things.

After the show we attended some of the get-togethers and met some new people. Fun stuff.

Then some local food. This is the chicken waffle sandwich. Not sure if this is breakfast or dinner, but does it matter?

IMG_20180222_114950366_HDR_zpsfgmwne3q.jpg

And off to do some more business on the good side of town.

IMG_20180221_102442786_zps96y947mj.jpg

We stayed at the Hard Rock and they had one of my favorite beers. Hard to find.

IMG_20180220_165555966_BURST001_zpsnayy8afa.jpg

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. This is a good way to begin an evening, but little did I know I would end up in battle.

30781_zpsyizfvuqn.jpeg

30779_zpsmwlfo50c.jpeg

It was a fierce one, but it ended well.

vader.png

So all in all it was a pretty intense few days, but I'm back now and ready to get back in the groove.

I know one of the challenges we have in front of us is taking care of our customers who are still looking for a limited 7 fin tip. Please give me a few days as I think we have a solution to address this to everyone's satisfaction. More details to come very soon, I just wanted to let everyone here know we didn't mean to disappoint and are working on resolution.

Thank you again everyone for the support. The above adventure is thanks to you, and it is much appreciated.

Cheers,

George

Greetings from las Vegas.

So we finally came to Champs. A trade show for the industry. It was awesome. I was able to meet some great people who have been very helpful to DynaVap like Randy from Puff It Up.
There was much to see at the show.

IMG_20180219_143825309_zpsdg5ostfe.jpg

Glass and fire, and many other cool things.
This was the glass blowing competition.

IMG_20180219_143951413_zpso407xjpp.jpg

It was a pretty big show, with many smoking accessories, but we tend to prefer the vapor side of things.

After the show we attended some of the get-togethers and met some new people. Fun stuff.

Then some local food. This is the chicken waffle sandwich. Not sure if this is breakfast or dinner, but does it matter?

IMG_20180222_114950366_HDR_zpsfgmwne3q.jpg

And off to do some more business on the good side of town.

IMG_20180221_102442786_zps96y947mj.jpg

We stayed at the Hard Rock and they had one of my favorite beers. Hard to find.

IMG_20180220_165555966_BURST001_zpsnayy8afa.jpg

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. This is a good way to begin an evening, but little did I know I would end up in battle.

30781_zpsyizfvuqn.jpeg

30779_zpsmwlfo50c.jpeg

It was a fierce one, but it ended well.

IMG_20180222_214438476_zpswukfz9fu.jpg

So all in all it was a pretty intense few days, but I'm back now and ready to get back in the groove.

I know one of the challenges we have in front of us is taking care of our customers who are still looking for a limited 7 fin tip. Please give me a few days as I think we have a solution to address this to everyone's satisfaction. More details to come very soon, I just wanted to let everyone here know we didn't mean to disappoint and are working on resolution.

Thank you again everyone for the support. The above adventure is thanks to you, and it is much appreciated.

Cheers,

George

Awesome! I'm glad you had fun there! You could consider coming to Spannabis some year. It's a bit further than Las Vegas, but it still may be a good idea for the future (if money allows!)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Okey Doke, here we go.

Original 7 fin on left, 5 fin on the right, and in the middle the LE 7 fin with a darkwood Vong Stem and Ti MP.
As I said before, this is the end of identifying an Omni by the Ti MP.

I think it looks very nice. I won't be able to try it until later.
D2w9SMm.jpg

Sounded a little like a runway event, didn't it?

snamuh

ghost
Not that anyone cares...

But I think dynavap should make a blunt vapcap... Thicker stem... Larger bowl...

I finally got to try high CBD weed. And am annoyed by having to empty bowls to refill.

Now I know what you high tolerance vapers have to deal with.

With high thc half a hit can get me baked. And I hate being baked.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, so this is pretty much the same as I used with the Lotus. Ash Catcher and J-Hook are a great platform for small vapes, and the VC is no exception.
GoODljr.jpg

Sorry for the bad lighting...
I gotta say I hit this combo over and over last night and really enjoyed it.
Don't tell Ryan, but Circe didn't even come out last night... (Blasphemy)

jds

Not that anyone cares...

But I think dynavap should make a blunt vapcap... Thicker stem... Larger bowl...

I finally got to try high CBD weed. And am annoyed by having to empty bowls to refill.

Now I know what you high tolerance vapers have to deal with.

With high thc half a hit can get me baked. And I hate being baked.

I would love having a larger chamber. I suspect they haven't done it because the current cap and chamber are very finely tuned to work together as they do right now. It could be worth asking the DynaVap team directly to hear what they have to say, though.

trfe

That's a cool little grouping there. The torch is my favorite for VCs. The magnet tin is very colorful, unlike my Altoids tin. And the j-hook, obviously distorted by the angle, looks very cool with it's little legs. I'm guessing an 18mm with a reducer?
If you have a link for that j-hook you can share I'd like to take a look. Thanks.

What torch is that? Thanks!

trfe,
Reactions: jds

NizzyJones

I would love having a larger chamber. I suspect they haven't done it because the current cap and chamber are very finely tuned to work together as they do right now. It could be worth asking the DynaVap team directly to hear what they have to say, though.

Yeah, it came up in one of the live streams. They'd be open to doing it but it'd get difficult to heat evenly pretty rapidly.

trfe

I’m confused about something.

I’m under the impression that a single flame torch will give me more control when trying to get low temp hits.

But everything I read says that a single flame torch isn’t good for beginners because it can lead to inconsistent results.

If I can keep the flame on the same spot while rotating and respect the Click wouldn’t I get consistent hits even with a single torch? Or as a beginner should I go with a dual flame torch?

trfe,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

Yeah, but that's harder than it sounds. I pretty much exclusively use a double flame.

Me too. Love the tron, but last I looked it's not on the DV site at the moment. Compared to my single flame it's a lot easier for me to get consistant hits. I like the three inline vertigo for easy use too, but it does go through fuel pretty fast.

I did not care for the two flame that comes with the m kits though. The tank is tiny.

shredder,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I’m confused about something.

I’m under the impression that a single flame torch will give me more control when trying to get low temp hits.

But everything I read says that a single flame torch isn’t good for beginners because it can lead to inconsistent results.

If I can keep the flame on the same spot while rotating and respect the Click wouldn’t I get consistent hits even with a single torch? Or as a beginner should I go with a dual flame torch?
I think it’s a bit overstated how difficult a single flame is. I started with single flames and still use them exclusively. If you heat consistently around the same part of the cap you should be fine. Just be aware that the next heat will be slightly hotter and so on. So back off on your heating for a follow up hit.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Top Bottom