cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
for some reason its not posting my images. I click the insert image button, copy my image link, and then all it shows is IMG in brackets...

Oy0Fz

Oy0Fz
You need to host your image somewhere like imgur.com and paste that link.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

cybrguy,
Reactions: AtomicPB

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just grab the one surrounded by the img tags and paste it directly in the post.

I see ya got it. :)

cybrguy,

EverythingsHazy

1.) Yes, with a pad or spacer of some sort. They also sell degummed hemp fiber for use as a filter/spacer

2.) The Ti models have a titanium tip, the glass ones have a glass tip. I've not used the Ti models, but obviously they're going to heat up & retain heat differently

5.) Yes, except for the wooden parts, on the models that use wood, obvs.

Hope that helps! Never used an omni or an e-nano so can't comment there.

@EverythingsHazy I was about to say @Bad Ocelot has just been discussing this, but they beat me to it.

1 Is a yes
2 There is a functional difference and some prefer glass while others the Ti, the Ti gives the option for swapping out the bodies, they both work very well.
3 The Omni has an adjustable 'carb' so once you find your sweet spot it's set and forget, no cover and release and no feathering required
4 I don't have a Nano but I do have a Homegrown Log and I would say gram for gram the VC, for me, gives as good if not better clouds. Thicker for sure at high temps possibly due to the way the VC extracts everything at once. This is dry usage.
5 Yes, but as Bad Ocelot says just not the wooden bodies, there is very little reclaim on the inside of the wood, I use an Iso'd Q tip dipped then squeezed out to give mine a quick wipe round.

Some videos here show the VC in use with and without water
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glass-and-milkshot-video-thread.7443/page-15

Think most of your questions were already answered, and I concur with all. But, gonna pile on with a little more insight... The Ti tip (whether on TiGlassy or TiWoody) makes a big difference in my opinion. OMNI, I'm not sure. Will let you know in a few days.;)

It's obviously a bit different of a hit than a nano, and can be different between hits. First hit for me is usually a bit wispier as everything gets up to temp. Think @Bad Ocelot hit it pretty well above, but just some further clarification. Heat retention is an important factor - more so than having warm glass on your nano. I find the ti to do a little better with this. And, once you're warmed up the hits are full and thick but extract quicker than you would expect with nano if that makes sense.

You know how I am about the nano! Anymore I only use two portables (unless taking to a group of normally non-vapers) - this and the Milaana. This one is much easier to use (virtually foolproof if you pay attention to the click) and smaller. Easy to carry and can be very stealthy other than the sound of the jet lighter. Check the Mi thread for more about it, or IM me for more comparison.

A VC is also great for those topping off situations when out and about. Find an out of the way place, or hide near a pack of cig smokers. Stealthily heat her up (20 seconds or so for first heat and less for subsequent ones), and just take a good puff (or 2 maybe) like it is some sort of e-cig. Just watch your exhale with smell. Turn your back subtly to heat. Exhale away and into the wind. I do this regularly in close proximity of others (passing cars in parking lot, smokers outside, people coming and going) and none have even taken a second glance. Figure if they do I'll just say it is a non-electronic e-cig.

One small downside is that is always a two handed operation with a lighter. No biggie, but worth consideration. Other than that, no complaints or concerns.

Extremely similar performance to an Enano. .05 grams is an average load, three hits from a load (for me, generally), with first hit being a start up, the 2nd being the money shot, and the third is a clean up.

I do find efficiency, load size, vapor to be very similar to my Enano (which I also adore).

Now, I'm a glass OG guy but most here use Ti tip VapCaps and love them. Perhaps they will weigh in here.
Awesome! Thanks for the help guys! That was quicker and more thorough than expected, even on this great forum. I really like how it can be used with wax as well as ground herb.

I've decided to try the basic OG Glass VapCap, to see how much I like using a lighter as a heat source instead of an electronic device. If I enjoy it. I'll most likely end up picking up a Titanium OmniVap in the near future. For $35 + $5 for hemp fiber, it's worth giving the basic unit a try. Worst case, I can gift it to a stoner friend. Best case, my search for a good portable vaporizer came to a quick and satisfying conclusion.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Awesome! Thanks for the help guys! That was quicker and more thorough than expected, even on this great forum. I really like how it can be used with wax as well as ground herb.

I've decided to try the basic OG Glass VapCap, to see how much I like using a lighter as a heat source instead of an electronic device. If I enjoy it. I'll most likely end up picking up a Titanium OmniVap in the near future. For $35 + $5 for hemp fiber, it's worth giving the basic unit a try. Worst case, I can gift it to a stoner friend. Best case, my search for a good portable vaporizer came to a quick and satisfying conclusion.

Best way to do it IMO. How I, and many others, got here. Just make sure you have a few bucks in the budget for an upgrade when you get your shipping notice. If like most of us, it won't be long until you're ordering something a few steps up.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Must be a nice still day! You certainly have some good balance to get it there.

:peace:
Thank you gentlemen, and well spotted! :tup:

Now, I am completely aware that I'm somewhat of a silly over-indulgent fool, but, I do absolutely love a stoney walk in the woods on a winters day, and it seemed like just the perfect opportunity for a little VCP . . . .

So, @jimfish4130 & @Shannock - these pics are for you:
eOBSbGD.jpg

uSYZXkM.jpg

dMYlEKv.jpg

C5gneVr.jpg

4ATfrgc.jpg

83uruCI.jpg

Herbal gratification only a click away, what a lovely way to spend the day . . . . :)

VCFTW!
:peace:

Squiby

I still have some questions.

1. Can these be used with Wax?
-Which ones, and how?

I use my Vapcaps for flowers, both soft Afghan hash and rock hard Moroccan hash, crumble, wax and shatter. Dry. I don't use water tools.

All Vapcaps can used this way. I just start with a bed of flowers or a degummed hemp fiber filter. Works great. For more melty concentrates use the modified SS concentrate screen described by @Quint

2. What is the functional difference between the TiGLASSY ($65) and Glass: The VapCap (#35)?

The OG Vapcap has an all glass body/tip, glass condenser and soft mp. It has limited modular ability. Basically you can replace the soft mp with a SS Condenser and wood mp to make a Vapcap S model.

The Ti Glassy has a Ti Tip, a glass stem and regular condenser. It is fully modular so you can switch it up with a different stem or body and mp, or even a different condenser. The Ti tip retains heat differently from glass but the tip is not fragile like the glass OG Vapcap model.

3. Is the OmniVap: Titanium ($159) really that much better than the other two I just listed? I don't care about looks.

Absolutely! The Omnivap has an all metal, mostly Ti construction. It is a beast and likely indestructible. Glass Vapcaps can break or crack. The Omni also has a unique condenser that threads into the ti mp and creates a custom airflow. Just set and forget.

5. Can I take these apart and throw them into water/iso in an ultrasonic cleaner (after removing the O-rings)?

Yes. All parts of a Vapcap can be soaked except for the orings and any wood parts (bodies, stems and mouthpieces).

I've spent the last couple days learning about the VC. It seems, to me, that as long as your condenser is the correct length the bodies are interchangeable? Does Dynavap have plans to sell bodies separately? It would be cool to be able to switch between a standard body for about-town usage and then switch to one of the VonG bodies to use it with water.

The Ti tipped Vapcaps are completely modular. You can switch out bodies, stems, condensers and mouthpieces to suit your mood or function.

A standard condenser will accommodate any 62mm configuration. So any Body (45mm long) and a mp (17mm) or any stem (62mm long) and no mp.

An Omni condenser will accommodate any Body (45mm long) and the Omni mp (which threads onto the Omni condenser).

An XL condenser will accommodate any 79mm configuration such as a stem (62mm) and a wood mp (17mm).

You can buy all the components separately. Mouthpieces and condensers are listed on the website right now, but the bodies and stems aren't up yet. If you are interested in a straight or VonG body or straight or VonG stem, or even a custom request like a Copper Stoned body or Damascus, just contact George and Matt through the contact page on their website. They will fix you up.

Anyone know how they are doing on fulfilling orders? Have most of the black Friday orders shipped yet? I ordered mine on the 28th and haven't received a shipping notification yet.

My BF order from the 25th was shipped yesterday. It will take a week to be delivered here in Canada.

First, you will receive an email advising that your order is "Complete". This means that they have your items selected and that shipping is imminent. Then you will receive a shipping notification email along with tracking info.

@VegNVape

You have a beautiful Woody. Perfect for a walk in the woods.

Last edited:

Squiby

Would the S be an 'unbreakable' option?

There are a few different S models.

The Vapcap S. This in includes the glass OG Vapcap with a glass condenser and soft mp, plus an XL condenser and a standard or exotic wood mp.

The Ti Woody/Carbon S. This is a Ti tipped Vapcap with a SS standard condenser, 45mm body in wood or Carbon fiber and a wood mp. A variety of standard and exotic wood is available.

The Ti VonG S. This is a Ti tipped Vapcap with a standard SS condenser, 45mm VonG body in 14mm width (skinny) or 18mm (fat) and a wood mp. A variety of standard and exotic wood is available.

If you want an unbreakable Vapcap, get the Omnivap. It is the most indestructible Vapcap with its all metal construction. Next would likely be the Ti VonGs since their wood bodies and stems are a couple mm thicker than the straight wood body and stemmed Ti Vapcaps. The glass OG Vapcap and Vapcap S are the most fragile models.

Last edited:

natural farmer

That's pretty awesome! Wish there was a heater that was more compact that you can stow the whole unit in while it heats to be more discreet. Kind of like sticking it in a DynaStash to heat would be my ideal heater :)
I have a few ideas on that... It's getting closer. :) But this is full convection, instant! :nod: I do two high temp hits, Hopper compared but with much less draw resistance and I finish with a high temp cap-on-regular VC hit.
So my current setup is a full convection on-demand vape and a hybrid on-demand one in one little compact package.

TY5naZU.jpg

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have a few ideas on that... It's getting closer. :) But this is full convection, instant! :nod: I do two high temp hits, Hopper compared but with much less draw resistance and I finish with a high temp cap-on-regular VC hit.
So my current setup is a full convection on-demand vape and a hybrid on-demand one in one little compact package.

TY5naZU.jpg

Has the Project replaced your Milaana use?

natural farmer

Has the Project replaced your Milaana use?
Unavoidably yes for the moment as Mi Laana is currently undergoing surgery across the pond! :p
But seriously, so far I feel it hits much better. I guess it's like a faster DDave modded Milaana somehow. At a fraction of the price... I might part with Mi Laana soon... :\

EDIT: I shouldn't say better... Different is the right word. Very close overall.

Last edited:

We5d

Wanted to post an update on my VapCap experiences. Triple flame has been the best on my Ti tip. Clicks in about 7 seconds, nice clouds, no real technique needed and getting nice even AVB. I had a standard no mouthpiece Ti but am now using my new woody XL. The spinning function is such an improvement to heating IMO. I am able to spin and evenly heat the tip/cap. I am not sure if a non mouthpiece version is even needed as an option to buy?
Also, I don't have a scale but I'm only pinching off a couple pieces of bud that gets me to where I need. The AVB ends up being about the size of a nickel when flattened and spread out.

TL;DR - VapCap is the bees knees

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I've tried more than a few, and nothing I know of that is more on-demand from cold. A few are close, but VC is nearly instant. And if hitting in succession, can take you from zero to buzzed in a minute as @Squiby said. And the only slowdown to getting absolutely baked is having to fill another load or two. Once you get the hang of it and figure your own methods, reloading can take as little as 10-15 seconds. Not hard to go from ugh to stoned :smug: in less than 5 minutes as long as you have a little pre-ground on hand.

Top Bottom