Majordude2626

Hi guys, I'm a little concerned, I ordered an omni a wk before Black Friday and have heard nothing but initial order confirmation, people that ordered on Black Friday are receiving there's? What's up with that?

Join the club, these guys have so much good will on this site I'm trying to be patient, but the fact that the new website has no record of my purchase, I tried sending email about my purchase through new website last week and got no response. I had a bf order on tues at 2:30pm, yet I see all these post of people receiving their order is driving my nuts. At least on the old website I could see my order was actually there. I'm assuming they are too busy to respond to my inquiry. I just wish I had and idea if its gonna come in a week, a couple of weeks, next year. I certainly did not think I would be sitting here 2 1/2 weeks later with no response, no info, no record, no vape.

Majordude2626,
Reactions: t-dub

Alexis

Hi guys, I'm a little concerned, I ordered an omni a wk before Black Friday and have heard nothing but initial order confirmation, people that ordered on Black Friday are receiving there's? What's up with that?
I expect some wise members would suggest you contact Matt or George. It seems most people naturally understand to give them all the time in the world, trusting they have got everything in hand, are doing their best and have so much work to do.

And we leave them for ages before taking any of their time needlessly. However, in yourncase I would think it is appropriate to contact them and ask, it will at least put your mind at rest, and it does seem unusual, so there could be some sort of mix up for all we know.
Good luck!

Dynalowrider

You can't use any old magnet. Try using one from George. You need a Neodymium magnet. Some neo magnets have a different magnetic field, (where the north-south is on the magnet). On some the field is horizontal, (cap sits on half the magnet). George's magnets have a vertical field, (cap sits in the middle of the magnet). I know it sounds weird, do a search for neo magnets and you will see the better sources of neos will tell you how the field is in the magnets. Just saying. Doc

Alexis

You can't use any old magnet. Try using one from George. You need a Neodymium magnet. Some neo magnets have a different magnetic field, (where the north-south is on the magnet). On some the field is horizontal, (cap sits on half the magnet). George's magnets have a vertical field, (cap sits in the middle of the magnet). I know it sounds weird, do a search for neo magnets and you will see the better sources of neos will tell you how the field is in the magnets. Just saying. Doc
Yes that is what I have got, one from George, and sure it is way stronger than usual neodymium magnets (I have them taped on my wrists now for tension/pain, I use them every day).

George's one is a lot stronger, but still on the tins I tried it wasnt steady enough to remove my cap. I hardly spent any time or thought though, trying to figure out a way to employ it. Too many other big concerns in life at the time, But with my new cap, and hopefully an easier time of it, Im sure I will get to it again.

@Majordude2626 , I ordered a new Ti tip on black friday weekend. I have had no shipping confirmation yet still. And my account shows no order history. But I am fine with all that. We know they are flat out setting things up, catching up on production. They have expanded dramatically, and at the same time setting up machinery, redesigning the website and system, and dealing with god knows how many customer queries.

In @Rockstarr 's case, his order should not take way longer than people who ordered after him, so there may be an issue. But for you and I, we just have to presume they are doing the best they cannin this transitional, upgrading phase and will get the orders out as soon as tney can.

"Growing pains" they call it. The faster you grow, the bigger they are. Im sure that is what we are experiencing now.

Rockstarr

I expect some wise members would suggest you contact Matt or George. It seems most people naturally understand to give them all the time in the world, trusting they have got everything in hand, are doing their best and have so much work to do.

And we leave them for ages before taking any of their time needlessly. However, in yourncase I would think it is appropriate to contact them and ask, it will at least put your mind at rest, and it does seem unusual, so there could be some sort of mix up for all we know.
Good luck!
Thanks for your reply, I sent an email over a wk ago with no response. I'm being patient as I already have an omni but a little communication would be nice! To see people that ordered a wk after me receiving them is interesting! I was charged when the order was placed..

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Here is some more on the new tip!

IMG_20161213_172749_01.jpg

As you can see, there is a little difference where the orings sits. It's subtle, but makes a huge difference. Removing the orings is a little less boring, and the tip fit really well in the body.

Another thing that I found, is that the place where the screen /ccd sit, is a bit larger on the new tip :
IMG_20161213_172838_01.jpg

However, after a week ok heavy usage (in the name of science, of course! :science:), you can see that the CCD lets a lot of fine stuff pass through it, wich get stuck in the reclaim (wich is red with brown bits stuck in it, but the color is altered by the led light).
IMG_20161213_145912_01.jpg

IMG_20161213_145616_01.jpg

Also, my new Ti tip came with a titanium CCD, and the OG with a SS one ;)

Last edited:

Bad Ocelot

sYPJ0e9.jpg

The new Ti tip is fantastic. 4* heat cycles and it completely vaporized all of this awesome shatter(Which is the best extraction I've ever had). 10/10 for flavor, I'm able to use less heat and get significantly bigger hits. Zero roasty burnt flavor from start to finish. I believe the highest I rated the old tips for flavor was 8/10, these are @VapCap seriously impressive!

What type of pad are you using for the shatter there? I've had trouble getting a setup I'm completely satisfied with for hash/concentrates. I'd love a small titanium mesh pad that was purpose built for the VC, from them or a 3rd party. Or if there were a way to easily fashion one out of titanium wire available for vapes...

I am hooked on using a degummed hemp fiber filter in the tip chamber. Absolutely zero lung or throat irritation, no coughing. When my new tips arrive, I wonder if I can put a CCD to the smallest increment, then a filter and finally a second CCD at the last one.

Oh, I hope this works. The only downside of the filter is that often the spent nug doesn't just fall out, it needs a bit of coaxing with the digger outer. Sandwiching a filter between screens would solve the inconvenience.

That sounds like an interesting setup. Was actually thinking about getting some extra CCD's to try & hold hash in place (sometimes I get a little crust on the inside of the cap). May try that as well.

Majordude2626

Join the club, these guys have so much good will on this site I'm trying to be patient, but the fact that the new website has no record of my purchase, I tried sending email about my purchase through new website last week and got no response. I had a bf order on tues at 2:30pm, yet I see all these post of people receiving their order is driving my nuts. At least on the old website I could see my order was actually there. I'm assuming they are too busy to respond to my inquiry. I just wish I had and idea if its gonna come in a week, a couple of weeks, next year. I certainly did not think I would be sitting here 2 1/2 weeks later with no response, no info, no record, no vape.

Got a response and feeling much better about this purchase. I guess my email through the new site never went through. Anyway Matt has provided some useful info to me about future purchases, and was very responsive once he actually received my email. Just wanted FC community to hear the positive. My vas has me crabby apologies.

Quint

What type of pad are you using for the shatter there? I've had trouble getting a setup I'm completely satisfied with for hash/concentrates. I'd love a small titanium mesh pad that was purpose built for the VC, from them or a 3rd party. Or if there were a way to easily fashion one out of titanium wire available for vapes...

That sounds like an interesting setup. Was actually thinking about getting some extra CCD's to try & hold hash in place (sometimes I get a little crust on the inside of the cap). May try that as well.

At the moment I'm using http://aqualabtechnologies.com/titanium-screen-1-0-60-wire.html one of these that I formed/folded to fit.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-275#post-1026669 This is still my absolute favorite for flavor and vapor production. W9tech Ti coil with a ceramic wick pushed in the middle. I need to make another as it doesn't fit perfectly in the new titanium tip.

Bad Ocelot

At the moment I'm using http://aqualabtechnologies.com/titanium-screen-1-0-60-wire.html one of these that I formed/folded to fit.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-275#post-1026669 This is still my absolute favorite for flavor and vapor production. W9tech Ti coil with a ceramic wick pushed in the middle. I need to make another as it doesn't fit perfectly in the new titanium tip.

Ah! You're the wizard I mentioned in my one of my previous posts, ha. I have some porous black ceramic rods & one of those Ti Herc coils, but for the life of me couldn't get the herc coil squished enough to get it in the bowl (I am using glass models, no Ti tips... yet ;) ) let alone getting a ceramic rod in the middle.

I've got some of those aqualab screens too, but haven't used any of those in the VC yet. Care to elaborate on technique a bit?

EverythingsHazy

I've never even considered a flame heated vaporizer, but this one looks really simple and portable. A good backup if anything. I've read the last chunk of pages in this thread, but I still have some questions.

1. Can these be used with Wax?
-Which ones, and how?

2. What is the functional difference between the TiGLASSY ($65) and Glass: The VapCap (#35)?

3. Is the OmniVap: Titanium ($159) really that much better than the other two I just listed? I don't care about looks.

4. Coming from using an E-Nano, will I get similarly dense clouds from these devices?

5. Can I take these apart and throw them into water/iso in an ultrasonic cleaner (after removing the O-rings)?

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Squiby

Bad Ocelot

1.) Yes, with a pad or spacer of some sort. They also sell degummed hemp fiber for use as a filter/spacer

2.) The Ti models have a titanium tip, the glass ones have a glass tip. I've not used the Ti models, but obviously they're going to heat up & retain heat differently

5.) Yes, except for the wooden parts, on the models that use wood, obvs.

Hope that helps! Never used an omni or an e-nano so can't comment there.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@EverythingsHazy I was about to say @Bad Ocelot has just been discussing this, but they beat me to it.

1 Is a yes
2 There is a functional difference and some prefer glass while others the Ti, the Ti gives the option for swapping out the bodies, they both work very well.
3 The Omni has an adjustable 'carb' so once you find your sweet spot it's set and forget, no cover and release and no feathering required
4 I don't have a Nano but I do have a Homegrown Log and I would say gram for gram the VC, for me, gives as good if not better clouds. Thicker for sure at high temps possibly due to the way the VC extracts everything at once. This is dry usage.
5 Yes, but as Bad Ocelot says just not the wooden bodies, there is very little reclaim on the inside of the wood, I use an Iso'd Q tip dipped then squeezed out to give mine a quick wipe round.

Some videos here show the VC in use with and without water
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glass-and-milkshot-video-thread.7443/page-15

CaptVapor

I've spent the last couple days learning about the VC. It seems, to me, that as long as your condenser is the correct length the bodies are interchangeable? Does Dynavap have plans to sell bodies separately? It would be cool to be able to switch between a standard body for about-town usage and then switch to one of the VonG bodies to use it with water.

CaptVapor,
Reactions: Squiby

Quint

Ah! You're the wizard I mentioned in my one of my previous posts, ha. I have some porous black ceramic rods & one of those Ti Herc coils, but for the life of me couldn't get the herc coil squished enough to get it in the bowl (I am using glass models, no Ti tips... yet ;) ) let alone getting a ceramic rod in the middle.

I've got some of those aqualab screens too, but haven't used any of those in the VC yet. Care to elaborate on technique a bit?

:science::cheers:

I do not have any experience with the glassy bodies so if the bowl is too dissimilar it may not fit.

I've made 3 of them now, it was much easier the second time around. You have to get pretty radical with them. I'd recommend using some wide teethed slip joint pliers, then very slowly apply pressure/rotate/repeat. I used a sewing needle to fix any uneven separation while elongating the coils but as long as you crush it slowly enough it comes out really even.

Then after I have a rough shape I shorten/finish off the shape by putting it top to bottom in a vise to shorten it. The first one, in those pictures, I did between my fingers. Then I do a bit more work with the pliers to make sure it's evenly round. I used the tip of a ball dabber to even out the middle hole to insert the ceramic rod, but I'm sure any round stick type object would work.

As for the screens, I used the titanium bowl to form the rough shape in the center. I then made folds all in the same direction around the center and press fit it in the bowl.
KM5K0IC.jpg

Here's a quick close up shot of what it looks like. It works okay, it could have been done better though.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I've never even considered a flame heated vaporizer, but this one looks really simple and portable. A good backup if anything. I've read the last chunk of pages in this thread, but I still have some questions.

1. Can these be used with Wax?
-Which ones, and how?

2. What is the functional difference between the TiGLASSY ($65) and Glass: The VapCap (#35)?

3. Is the OmniVap: Titanium ($159) really that much better than the other two I just listed? I don't care about looks.

4. Coming from using an E-Nano, will I get similarly dense clouds from these devices?

5. Can I take these apart and throw them into water/iso in an ultrasonic cleaner (after removing the O-rings)?

Think most of your questions were already answered, and I concur with all. But, gonna pile on with a little more insight... The Ti tip (whether on TiGlassy or TiWoody) makes a big difference in my opinion. OMNI, I'm not sure. Will let you know in a few days.;)

It's obviously a bit different of a hit than a nano, and can be different between hits. First hit for me is usually a bit wispier as everything gets up to temp. Think @Bad Ocelot hit it pretty well above, but just some further clarification. Heat retention is an important factor - more so than having warm glass on your nano. I find the ti to do a little better with this. And, once you're warmed up the hits are full and thick but extract quicker than you would expect with nano if that makes sense.

You know how I am about the nano! Anymore I only use two portables (unless taking to a group of normally non-vapers) - this and the Milaana. This one is much easier to use (virtually foolproof if you pay attention to the click) and smaller. Easy to carry and can be very stealthy other than the sound of the jet lighter. Check the Mi thread for more about it, or IM me for more comparison.

A VC is also great for those topping off situations when out and about. Find an out of the way place, or hide near a pack of cig smokers. Stealthily heat her up (20 seconds or so for first heat and less for subsequent ones), and just take a good puff (or 2 maybe) like it is some sort of e-cig. Just watch your exhale with smell. Turn your back subtly to heat. Exhale away and into the wind. I do this regularly in close proximity of others (passing cars in parking lot, smokers outside, people coming and going) and none have even taken a second glance. Figure if they do I'll just say it is a non-electronic e-cig.

One small downside is that is always a two handed operation with a lighter. No biggie, but worth consideration. Other than that, no complaints or concerns.

Baron23

Extremely similar performance to an Enano. .05 grams is an average load, three hits from a load (for me, generally), with first hit being a start up, the 2nd being the money shot, and the third is a clean up.

I do find efficiency, load size, vapor to be very similar to my Enano (which I also adore).

Now, I'm a glass OG guy but most here use Ti tip VapCaps and love them. Perhaps they will weigh in here.

rendar1970

Well this sucks. My OG shattered in my hand while pushing the screen in like shown in the videos on the dynavap site.

Hope I get a shipping notification soon on my Ti Woody.

for some reason its not posting my images. I click the insert image button, copy my image link, and then all it shows is IMG in brackets...

Oy0Fz

Oy0Fz

Oy0Fz

Last edited:
rendar1970,
Top Bottom