Baron23

@Baron23 It'll be a challenge due to dimensional variances in the glass but not impossible.
Once I've got my outstanding orders posted out I'll dedicate a bit of time to the idea.
Thanks!! I did discover that one of @Ratchett Delta 3D silicone adapters worked beautifully. I think its the medium universal GonG adapter but I bought a box of stuff from him so not exactly sure.

Pull the MP off of the OG and slip the rest of it into the Delta 3D adapter and good to go on WP. My Ti Woody is double crowned and no MP, it fit beautifully also.

Finally, I actually seemed to get on the same page with my Ti Woody last night with good results. Still find my OG to perform better (at least with my limited technique and knowledge) but the Ti Woody did well last night and it is certainly more durable and more attractive than the OG.

Cheers

Alexis

wgvkhl.jpg

Anyone have any advice on usage? I'm using ground material, spinning it while lighting, stopping at first click... not really seeing much vapor at all. It's working, I can tell you that, but don't see much of anything. Also how many times should one have to re-light, before your material is a dark color? Because I find myself lighting it a bit, and it seems to be taking awhile.

I am using ground material. A full pack into the Omnivap Ti, but not pressed tight at all.
I am using the quad torch, which has a big and wide flame which heats more of the cap at a time and is harder to pinpoint.

I start aiming the flame at the diggerouter end for about 4 or 5 seconds, then I move it towards the middle, where it only takes a second to click, as the wide flame heats the tip at the same time.

Using the bubbler, I can get consistent 4 very decent hits, from 4 heating cycles, with very visible strong vapor. The abv is dark, but not at all black, perfectly used up.

Getting the abv to a fully extracted darkness very quickly and consistently is easier with the Omnivap than any other vaporizer for me.
I dont heat the bottom of the cap after he first cycle, just the middle, but slihtly towards the bottom andnaway from the tip.

If you heat the tip side up too quickly in proportion to the bottom side, the click will come sooner while the load is at a lower temperature. This results in weaker, lighter, less visible vapor, and a slower extraction. This sounds like it might apply to you?

Lighter technique and placement is crucial, so experiment a bit. Just respect the click, unless you are attuned to the variables and understand when to pass it. Heat different areas, and vary the flame distance too.
I try to spin as little as possible. The biggest problem I have with the Omnivap is due to hand and muscle problems. I twist it around as carefully as I can. I dont worry about not doing it properly. I will check the load towards the end and at times one side has a little more left than the other. So I just focus on that side to extract the last bit. It really messes my hands and forearms up though using both the torch, and the twirling.

However, I am using the short 18 mm VonG into the bubbler. I have tried the fat mouthpiece a few times with the Omnivap into the bubbler, but I never got the same results, basically thick, whitewalling vapor.
With the fat mouthpiece, it didnt seem airtight, even with the airflow completely restricted it just wasnt the same.

Somebody else suggested said they found a variation between different fat mouthpieces regarding how well they created a seal into an 14 mm water pipe or adapter. Some didntnwork well, others really did.
I havent experimented with other fat mouthpieces yet (which I have). The VonG works really well. So look into this, or consider a VonG perhaps.
Experiemenr with lighter technique.

But as much or maybe most of all, actual technique is key. I start of with the carb on the 18 mm VonG fully closed. With airflow restricted at first I draw steadily, not fighting it. Vapor is thick and milky right away.
I keep going and then usually release the carb for the rest of the draw, but I have the Omnivap mouthpiec screwed out to restrict the airflow a lot anyway. If it is much wider open, the vapor thickness will be reduced considerably.

When using it dry, I sort of do what @Squiby has often mentioned, and did so in a post above somewhere, or very recently anyway. She uses the vapcaps differently to me. I am aiming, with water, to vape 0.1 grams ish, in 4 heat cycles maximum with full extraction and dark spent abv.
Whereas Squby prefers to microdose more frequently. I would too but it doesnt suit my routine.

Sorry, I just want you to get to the bottom of the issue and replicate the easy success I can get every time now, so Im trying not to miss anything. I hope some of this can help.

Edit: just clarifying it to myself, with the fat mouthpiece and imperfect seal, you just cant restrict the airflow enough to get thick vapor, possibly!?

Last edited:

kohr

I am using ground material. A full pack into the Omnivap Ti, but not pressed tight at all.
I am using the quad torch, which has a big and wide flame which heats more of the cap at a time and is harder to pinpoint.

I start aiming the flame at the diggerouter end for about 4 or 5 seconds, then I move it towards the middle, where it only takes a second to click, as the wide flame heats the tip at the same time.

Using the bubbler, I can get consistent 4 very decent hits, from 4 heating cycles, with very visible strong vapor. The abv is dark, but not at all black, perfectly used up.

Getting the abv to a fully extracted darkness very quickly and consistently is easier with the Omnivap than any other vaporizer for me.
I dont heat the bottom of the cap after he first cycle, just the middle, but slihtly towards the bottom andnaway from the tip.

If you heat the tip side up too quickly in proportion to the bottom side, the click will come sooner while the load is at a lower temperature. This results in weaker, lighter, less visible vapor, and a slower extraction. This sounds like it might apply to you?

Lighter technique and placement is crucial, so experiment a bit. Just respect the click, unless you are attuned to the variables and understand when to pass it. Heat different areas, and vary the flame distance too.
I try to spin as little as possible. The biggest problem I have with the Omnivap is due to hand and muscle problems. I twist it around as carefully as I can. I dont worry about not doing it properly. I will check the load towards the end and at times one side has a little more left than the other. So I just focus on that side to extract the last bit. It really messes my hands and forearms up though using both the torch, and the twirling.

However, I am using the short 18 mm VonG into the bubbler. I have tried the fat mouthpiece a few times with the Omnivap into the bubbler, but I never got the same results, basically thick, whitewalling vapor.
With the fat mouthpiece, it didnt seem airtight, even with the airflow completely restricted it just wasnt the same.

Somebody else suggested said they found a variation between different fat mouthpieces regarding how well they created a seal into an 14 mm water pipe or adapter. Some didntnwork well, others really did.
I havent experimented with other fat mouthpieces yet (which I have). The VonG works really well. So look into this, or consider a VonG perhaps.
Experiemenr with lighter technique.

But as much or maybe most of all, actual technique is key. I start of with the carb on the 18 mm VonG fully closed. With airflow restricted at first I draw steadily, not fighting it. Vapor is thick and milky right away.
I keep going and then usually release the carb for the rest of the draw, but I have the Omnivap mouthpiec screwed out to restrict the airflow a lot anyway. If it is much wider open, the vapor thickness will be reduced considerably.

When using it dry, I sort of do what @Squiby has often mentioned, and did so in a post above somewhere, or very recently anyway. She uses the vapcaps differently to me. I am aiming, with water, to vape 0.1 grams ish, in 4 heat cycles maximum with full extraction and dark spent abv.
Whereas Squby prefers to microdose more frequently. I would too but it doesnt suit my routine.

Sorry, I just want you to get to the bottom of the issue and replicate the easy success I can get every time now, so Im trying not to miss anything. I hope some of this can help.

Edit: just clarifying it to myself, with the fat mouthpiece and imperfect seal, you just cant restrict the airflow enough to get thick vapor, possibly!?

Thank you for your insight. My fat adapter seems to be very tight, so that's not the issue.

I used the Omni probably 5 times last night, and will defiantly be experimenting with it more after work today.

However what I found that works better is not even grinding up the material. I found that putting small pieces in there gives thicker clouds. Also playing with the twist of the mouth piece changes the results.

Alexis

Arguably the worst thing about vapcaps for me is the risk of combusting if you have music playing, as I love to vaporize to some volumnous tunes on occasion, but I just daren't risk it. Mostly because if I combust, I waste my precious weed for starters, and then my vaporizer PONGS!

Last edited:

Greenfinger53

It didn't take me long to combust with mine, second night using it on the second heat cycle and it was very unpleasant when you're expecting nice vapour but really it's no big deal.

I'm going to try with just a little ungrounded bit tonight, I just gave it a quick chop in the grinder last night.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I microdose and never grind my bud. I just tear off a tiny bit and pop it in. Perfect vapor every time.

Yeah, small nugs are wonderful in the VC. But you should try crushing them after a heat cycle or two. It gives another crazy flavor boost providing monster clouds. I can already foresee a super potent hit after I've crushed down the pre-vaped nug to brown sugar like bits in my palm... It's wonderful. :ko::)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Evening all!

I know it's been a while, but I wanted to announce that I have finally published the Leather Vapcap Case. (Note this case now has a large magnetic clasp which can be used to hold the vapcap while cooling off.)

IMG_7702__64097.1479429959.1280.1280.JPG

Please note quantities are extremely limited as I'm seeking feedback from early adopters before I produce a larger batch of these cases

kohr

:rockon::ko:Hey everyone!

So today's been the second day of owning my Woody X Omnivap. Today I combusted. Wasn't paying attention, I learned to Respect The Click.

When I combusted I went to clean the vape out. Well, another thing I learned is I better order replacement screens, as I nearly lost mine when it went went flying out when I poked a pipe cleaner through, lol.

Really liking the Vape though. Now I'm
Getting good clouds using it as with my bubbler.:nod::ko::rockon::rockon::D

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Arguably the worst thing about vapcaps for me is the risk of combusting if you have music playing, as I love to vaporize to some volumnous tunes on occasion, but I just daren't risk it. Mostly because if I combust, I waste my precious weed for starters, and then my vaporizer PONGS!

I run into the loud music problem sometimes in the car. Not hard to do with some late 70's live Dead on! I try to hold the VC so the mouthpiece end is in a cupped hand. Creates a little echo chamber for the distinct pop that seems to come out the end instead of the "crinkly" pop from the heated cap itself. Also, seems easier to feel the pop if held with thumb, middle and ring finger instead of thumb/index. Think it has saved me a few scorched loads, but YMMV.

Evening all!

I know it's been a while, but I wanted to announce that I have finally published the Leather Vapcap Case. (Note this case now has a large magnetic clasp which can be used to hold the vapcap while cooling off.)

IMG_7702__64097.1479429959.1280.1280.JPG

Please note quantities are extremely limited as I'm seeking feedback from early adopters before I produce a larger batch of these cases

Very nice! Wish I could snag one, but between VAS & holidays, I'm having to go on a spending freeze right now.

Last edited:

Chose

So just after two days of use my og fell out the cupboard
I picked up the tube and it rattled oh shit the body and chamber completely smashed
I managed to salvage the condenser and screen
Soo glad I have a ti woody
Oh well at least I now have a spare cap
Can you fitt the OG screen in the woody?????

natural farmer

So just after two days of use my og fell out the cupboard
I picked up the tube and it rattled oh shit the body and chamber completely smashed
I managed to salvage the condenser and screen
Soo glad I have a ti woody
Oh well at least I now have a spare cap
Can you fitt the OG screen in the woody?????
Yeah, it's a good idea to roll an OG in a small piece of napkin/fabric before stashing it in its tube. The way @Dynavap ships them that is! ;)

capston

My VapCap looks a little different to the pics I see online.

The inner glass tube is cut square next to the screen. It does not have the dropper type pinched end. Also it is ends about 5 to 7 mm short of the screen. I don't know if the screen has moved?

Any thoughts people?

Cheers in advance :)

capston,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
My VapCap looks a little different to the pics I see online.

The inner glass tube is cut square next to the screen. It does not have the dropper type pinched end. Also it is ends about 5 to 7 mm short of the screen. I don't know if the screen has moved?

Any thoughts people?

Cheers in advance :)
I think you have the newer design of condenser tube, which doesn't 'pinch in' at the tip.
And it's supposed to stop short of the screen as you describe, so; all good! :tup:

Top Bottom