Morty

Not sure if it's just me, but my OG seems to produce very little reclaim. Not complaining, because I'm guessing it's all in my lungs. :)

Yeah, w/ straight flowers your probably right, but I've been using some wax in there & there's some nice golden honey that's accumulating. Yum yum! Also, a word to the wise using concentrates w/ the VC. If your putting a lot in there, probably best to use some cotton/hemp fiber as a bed or a wrap for your concentrates. I got a little overzealous 1 time & it starting running down the glass (not the condenser). Easily wiped off w/ some cotton though (& saved for later :brow:). When using just a little to top off a load, I've found the green absorbs it just fine, but any more than that, again, probably best to use some cotton/hemp fiber (unless your using 1 of those cool ass W9 Tech mods :cool:).

Lastly, I'm really diggin' the VC OG. The only small quip I have though is the fat MP. Just feels like it affects the taste slightly. Other than that though, not to shabby. Probably gonna order another one to have as a backup. Can't wait to try the Vapolution Pocket Vape I got sometime this weekend & see how these 2 little bastards compare. Would've tried it sooner, but I've been a little enamored testing the VC OG. :peace:

Last edited:

waxdab23

What was the carb mod for the OG Vapcap? Like sticking something over the existing hole and then poking a smaller hole into that. What is that something you guys are using?

After shelving mine for a few months, I've decided to give it another go trying to figure out how to get fat rips from it lol.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
What was the carb mod for the OG Vapcap? Like sticking something over the existing hole and then poking a smaller hole into that. What is that something you guys are using?

After shelving mine for a few months, I've decided to give it another go trying to figure out how to get fat rips from it lol.

I think just using one's finger is the best. That way you can vary the amount of carb. I start out with it nearly closed, then start to open it up slightly as the bowl progresses. Sometimes I feather the carb on and off like a flute hole.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I use the ZigZag mod.
Q4Ew6K9.jpg

:peace:

Alexis

Am i wrong or VapCapped? why have you not tried you cap yet?
I cant actually vaporize at the moment. I am in the last week of a 30 day course of homeopathy to treat multiple infections I have. I have been plagued by chronic long lasting and extremely debilitating infectios all over my body since 2005, including Lyme Disease, and currently several neurological viral infections called "coxsackie viruses".

I have had at least 2 infections in each lung, every single day for over 11 years, and at times as many as 6 in each lung simultaneously.
It is a long story, and it has been an impossible road just to cope and deal with the symptoms.
I have overcome dozens of infections, but always pick up more in the meantime as my immune system is heavily compromised due to the Lyme Disease, which came prior to my illness from a tick bite in late 2004.

To complicate things, I have the most severe allergy problems you can imagine, which cause me to react adversely to virtually everything I ingest, even if Im not allergic to it.
For example, every time I eat food, my lungs and respiratory tract, plus intestines, and mouth, fill up with thick sticky mucus. It makes it super hard to breathe and it just builds up and up.

I have identified the exact degree to which every specific food exacrbates the excessive mucus production, and have tailored and refined my diet over a decade to provide enough nutriton and variety, while keeping respiratory symptoms just about manageble.

When I say "manageable", it is very aggressive, I could not eat unless I can find ways to clear the excessive mucus from my respiratory tract after every meal. I do this with a variety of supplements (ascorbic acid, oil of oregano, aloe vera juice, asthma inhalers, tons of cayenne and other spices), and most important of all, steam inhalations with high grade peppermint, rosemary and eucalyptus essential oils.

The steam inhlations are vital to me manageing these taxing symptoms, and ultimately, staying alive. It is a very painful, "no pain, no gain" process, inhaling peppermint deep into my lungs, and hacking up a ton of mucus aftr every meal.
The whole routine takes an hour after every meal, just 2 meals a day usually. It is a nightmare, but it just has to be done. I am amazingly headstrong and resilient, but there has been no solution so far or viable alternative.

Virtually all supplements with a few exceptions, only increase mucus production and lung congestion. It is genuine catch 22.
I struggle to keep my sanity without cannabis, but I have been allergic to cannabis also this whole time. I could never smoke it, and I could never go anywhere near tobacco smoke, especially indoor.
I vaporize, but this also cause major lung congestion, similar to food. So when I vaporize, I must perform a similar routine to manage the respiratory symptoms, with a steam inhalation and supplements. Every time I vaporize, as well as every time i eat, so 2 ,eals and twice vaporizing in a day, is 4 sessions hacking mucus, plus several hours additionally over the 24 hours as standard whether I vaporize or not.

My life would be easier symptom and routine wise without vaporizing, but I go crazy with stress and suffer very severe depression, and threre isnt much else in life I enjoy or look forward to. I cant work, or go on holiday, or have a girlfriend, or even do things with friends due to chronic fatigue and the demands of the allergy symptoms, which take hours and hours every day to manage, round the clock, in addition to the after meals/vaporizing routine.

And in spite of the respiratory symptoms vaporizing causes, it actually greatly benefits my overall wellbeing ironically.

While I take homeopathy to treat all the infections, as they die off, excess mucus is produced and released from the lungs. It takes extra management and is a real touh 30 days, but it always brings radical improvement afterwards. Suffering to get better is the name of the game unfortunately.

So the point is, that while I am dealing with the extra mucus from the homeopathy die off, I simply canot deal with the reaction to vaporizing at the same time. The situation is totally unviable and symptoms are unmanageable.
So that is why I havent been able to try the vapcap/omnivap yet, until next week sometime. Last 6 days to go now. I have made terrific progress this time and my chest is much better. I will likely be able to tolerate vaporizing a hundred times better than I could 4 weeks ago, and cope better all round due to a huge reduction in the infection load.

I have no choice but to keep going, it has just been so much bad luck for me with new infections every time I clear others, but I only learnt about the Lyme Disease last June, which is at the heart of everything, and it is very close to being gone from my body and nervous system at long last after 11 years plus of secretly causing havoc.

There is so much more to the story, I am sorry for the lenght of this response, I look for no pity, it isnt easy to convey an accurate picture with less words.

So I really am eagerly anticipating using the vapcaps. We have produced our annual outdoor clean organic medicine, and have been busy curing in jars with hygrometers.

So far since harvest, before the homeopathy, I was too unwell to enjoy it and tolerate the vapor, but there will be a massive improvement there, and looking forward there is great hope at last for me to make good progress.

Edmond Dantes

420 Bern it
So remembering some posts here on FC, I made a vapcap heating station out an Ecig I usually use to vape hash. I am blown away by how well it works. It removes all the skill/technique you need when using a torch. Now it never overheats or under heats, and i can hit it while heating if I want.

hey, yea its been tried a few times since the original video was posted (someone else linked it already). The main drawback I found was the waste heat. In the video you can see the battery is set to 60W (which is huge for a coil with no real windings since they're so spaced apart). If you want to improve the design you might want to try flatwire and/or a high frequency alternating current source

Edmond Dantes,

Vapor Trails

Hey, guys, I ordered an OG VapCap early this morning. I was wondering, could I use some existing components from the OG so I would be able to change the OG into a "Ti Glassy"? Since I already have the mouthpiece and "The Cap", can I just purchase the Titanium Tip and Double Barrel Ti Glassy Stem, use my mouthpiece and Cap and have a Glass Stem Ti, or do I need a different condensor than from the OG to convert to a Ti Glassy when I want? I'm wondering why the double barrel is the only option, and if it is any advantage over the normal Ti Glassy body with a single carb...

Ti Glassy, continued:
If I could buy just buy the TI Tip and Glassy body and use some existing OG components, it would save me a bit (around 25%) over the Ti Glassy in full kit, and allow me to test the Ti on the cheap before investing more in stems, and of course going with the Omni.

Temptation of the Omni Carbon...:
I'm really having to hold back from ordering the OmniVap Carbon - http://www.dynavap.com/product/ti-carbon-s/ (just select the Omni Carbon in the drop down- I'm not sure if this includes the glass body like when purchasing the full Ti Omni). I may order it today, anyway... Very tempting to just go all out with the Omni version of the Ti to compliment and make the TI vapor profile adjustable :brow:, and of course get a nice wood body, tip, and whatever needed condenser down the road if I'm happy with the DynaVap vapor signature, which I have a feeling I will be! My Nano is so much more of a pain to deal with than the VapCap. The DynaVap vapes are a simple, straight to the point, brilliant design.

Multiple Torches for any reason at all?:
Ones with multiple torches, would you recommend having both a triple and a quad? The reason I ask is I've seen some say there is faster heating with the quad to the "Click", but maybe not spending as much time to get as thoroughly hot before clicking as a 3 torch, like how you can make them click at a low temperature if heated at the very tip vs further toward the body. I've also heard a 2 torch takes longer but gets the VapCap hotter before clicking, but of course I'm clueless trying to figure out all details of getting this vape to the threshold before combustion :tup:
I wish there was a dual torch facing sort of upward like a pyramid so the cap is getting more coverage of heat and less need to twist the body while heating.

Last edited:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Hey, guys, I ordered an OG VapCap early this morning. I was wondering, could I use some existing components from the OG so I would be able to change the OG into a "Ti Glassy"? Since I already have the mouthpiece and "The Cap", can I just purchase the Titanium Tip and Double Barrel Ti Glassy Stem, use my mouthpiece and Cap and have a Glass Stem Ti, or do I need a different condensor than from the OG to convert to a Ti Glassy when I want?

Ti Glassy, continued:
If I could buy just buy the TI Tip and Glassy body and use some existing OG components, it would save me a bit (around 25%) over the Ti Glassy in full kit, and allow me to test the Ti on the cheap before investing more in stems, and of course going with the Omni.

I'm really having to hold back from ordering the OmniVap Carbon - http://www.dynavap.com/product/ti-carbon-s/ (just select the Omni Carbon in the drop down- I'm not sure if this includes the glass body like when purchasing the full Ti Omni). I may order it today, anyway... Very tempting to just go all out with the Omni version of the Ti to compliment and make the TI vapor profile adjustable :brow:, and of course get a nice wood body, tip, and whatever needed condenser down the road if I'm happy with the DynaVap vapor signature, which I have a feeling I will be! My Nano is so much more of a pain to deal with than the VapCap. The DynaVap vapes are a simple, straight to the point, brilliant design.

Ones with multiple torches, would you recommend having both a triple and a quad? The reason I ask is I've seen some say there is faster heating with the quad to the "Click", but maybe not spending as much time to get as thoroughly hot before clicking as a 3 torch, like how you can make them click at a low temperature if heated at the very tip vs further toward the body. I've also heard a 2 torch takes longer but gets the VapCap hotter before clicking, but of course I'm clueless trying to figure out all details of getting this vape to the threshold before combustion :tup:
I wish there was a dual torch facing sort of upward like a pyramid so the cap is getting more coverage of heat and less need to twist the body while heating.

Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that won't work. The OG has an integrated glass bowl. There would be no place to attach the TI tip? Take a look at the glass bodies on each one (different lengths).

GLASSY
10-P1280580.jpg

OG
10-P1300041.jpg

I use a triple torch. Works well, about 3 seconds to click. Seems to use more butane than my single flame, which takes about 6 seconds. If you don't like twisting while heating, the triple is the way to go.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
can I just purchase the Titanium Tip and Double Barrel Ti Glassy Stem, use my mouthpiece and Cap and have a Glass Stem Ti, or do I need a different condensor than from the OG to convert to a Ti Glassy when I want?
Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that won't work. The OG has an integrated glass bowl. There would be no place to attach the TI tip?
He's talking about buying a glassy stem as well so I think it would work fine. I wasn't sure if the Ti Glassy had a glass condenser or stainless steel. Judging by that picture it looks to be glass.

I don't find a lot of difference in performance between the triple and quad. The quad is bigger and more bulky but has a bigger tank.

Vapor Trails

Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that won't work. The OG has an integrated glass bowl. There would be no place to attach the TI tip? Take a look at the glass bodies on each one (different lengths).

GLASSY
10-P1280580.jpg

OG
10-P1300041.jpg

I use a triple torch. Works well, about 3 seconds to click. Seems to use more butane than my single flame, which takes about 6 seconds. If you don't like twisting while heating, the triple is the way to go.
I was asking if I bought the accessory that is the Double Barrel Ti Glassy Stem along with the TI Tip, would it work, but not with the OG stem, of course.

Alexis

Hey, guys, I ordered an OG VapCap early this morning. I was wondering, could I use some existing components from the OG so I would be able to change the OG into a "Ti Glassy"? Since I already have the mouthpiece and "The Cap", can I just purchase the Titanium Tip and Double Barrel Ti Glassy Stem, use my mouthpiece and Cap and have a Glass Stem Ti, or do I need a different condensor than from the OG to convert to a Ti Glassy when I want? I'm wondering why the double barrel is the only option, and if it is any advantage over the normal Ti Glassy body with a single carb...

Ti Glassy, continued:

Yes your queris about the torches are exactly the same as I was having when I ordered an omnivap and OG 13 days ago. I went for a triple and a quad. I felt there had to be some merit to the quad or George woulnt be offering it. I asked if the quad would increase the risk of combustimg and somebody suggested it may actually decrease it by reaching clicknig point while the load is still on the cooler side, which echoes your thoughts about the double getting the load hotter by the click.

I cant give you any feedback for a good week yet, but Squiby said she likes both the triple and the quad. You could always get one of each maybe, best of both worlds?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I was asking if I bought the accessory that is the Double Barrel Ti Glassy Stem along with the TI Tip, would it work, but not with the OG stem, of course.
I think you'd need to get a stainless condenser (or the Omni condenser) as I don't believe that the glass condenser works with the Ti-glassy parts.

Omni's were being supplied with a glass body as well as the material ordered (Ti, Carbon or wood), to make it easy to see, and therefore understand how the adjustable Omni condenser works, but even if that offer has run it's course and ended I'm betting that it would add very little cost to buy a glass stem along with a carbon Omni.

Thanks to Ruta I'm enjoying a CCD screen in my Ti-Damascus now, and I've got to admit to some surprise at how much it affects function.
The ceramic screen seemed pretty damn good to me, and the only minor blemish to the experience was that after a heat cycle and stir/crumble the littlest bits of herb would sometimes get through the screen and into my mouth when vacuuming the partially vaped dust back into the VC.
This was pretty minor, and barely worth mentioning, but the titanium screens on e-bay were so cheap that I felt they were worth experimenting with despite the fact that I was enjoying high satisfaction already.
They have more and smaller holes, and did indeed help to prevent more crumbs getting through when re-vacuuming a partially spent load.

The CCD screen has further improved this aspect to the point that it may have completely eliminated it (early days yet, but after around 8-10 caps I've had zero crumbs get through.)
But what has surprised me is that my clouds are even bigger and more consistent!
This isn't hyperbole, true word.
The screen is simply pushed into my Ti tip without a c-clip.
It required around 2 minutes of poking with a bamboo skewer to get it in the perfect position to satisfy my OCD tendencies, but despite some rough stirring and 'blow-piping' some spent loads, it hasn't moved since insertion, and airflow seems largely unaffected, maybe a slight improvement over the e-bay screens (which themselves offered a tiny improvement in flow over the ceramic screens)

As for flavour, I can't detect any real difference between all three, YMMV.

I've just removed the screen purely to see how difficult it is, and it came out, and went back in, really easy and quick.
There's no danger of it falling out, as it takes on a slightly domed shape when you press down on the centre to shove it into the Ti tip, and grips well.

My heating technique hasn't changed, so I can't offer any other reason for the improvement in cloud production, but it's real, and noticable :shrug:
:love:
There has also been a noticable improvement with traditional sticky black hash, which delighted me as I wasn't really fully happy with this pre' CCD, and didn't get fully satisfying clouds.
I do now!
Bravo @VapCap :clap:! the CCD is an unalloyed success IMO! 

In other news the 'triple grooved carb holes' in my Damascus work beautifully, and I've settled on all three holes being 'covered' by O-rings to give a fairly tight restriction.
There's still just enough air flow to enjoy a successful, slow 'straight to lung' draw, and I can still finger carb for a tight mouth pull as and when I want one.

TL;DR?
CCD screens offer real improvements over previous models, get one!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
After that i think i will take @Ruta kind offer for a ccd screen. My ceramic one is broken anyway. @Copacetic does the new screen not sit into the groove for the clip?

I'm not feeling a click when I press it into the Ti tip, but it really doesn't matter, as it is very secure despite some deliberately careless handling.

It's possible it's fitting into the groove and I'm just not hearing the click, but I don't think so, as it took some (very minimal) pushing and shoving with a bamboo skewer to get it perfectly level.

To remove it I used the tip of the skewer to push one edge of the screen up from below, and it came out without any real difficulty (had to push firmly) without any distortion/damage.

Dynalowrider

How about some ideas for a Delta3 (Ratchetts) stand for the VapCap.
Maybe a small cup for herb, a couple places for magnets to hold caps, at least a couple places to stand up the VapCap by the mouthpiece to fill easier. Maybe a couple places for extra stems and bodies. A hole to put the lighter.
Come on people, let's design something that works for us. Doc

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
How about some ideas for a Delta3 (Ratchetts) stand for the VapCap.
Maybe a small cup for herb, a couple places for magnets to hold caps, at least a couple places to stand up the VapCap by the mouthpiece to fill easier. Maybe a couple places for extra stems and bodies. A hole to put the lighter.
Come on people, let's design something that works for us. Doc
I really like the idea of a VapCap station with integrated magnets.

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
Wow, a whole lot on screens. Way too much, IMHO. The only thing a screen of any kind can do is slow down the intake of hot air which MIGHT cause the herb to heat up a bit more. Still, there are so many factors such as strength of your draw in, the type of herb you are using, the outside temperature.

Again, many of us don't use any screen at all. The VapCap system works great without it. Just don't grind.....which you probably shouldn't do anyhow as it damages trichomes and increases the hassle factor several fold. And, without a screen, cleaning is a snap.

Buy advice is to forget all this stuff about screens and just stick a part of a flower...roll into a pea if you want, into the unit without one. Makes life so much easier. And, there is virtually no difference in cloud factors or anything else.

Teaming,

Gardenerjeff

Top Bottom