Kalessin

When you say CCD, are you referring to the Ti screen that now ships with OGs or the Ti concave 3rd party screen many have posted about. If so, I replaced my Ti Woody ceramic screen with the 3rd part Ti screen with minimal improvement.
I mean the TI that ships with the OGs. I tried the third party screens and they are decent, but I'm getting way better results with the new screen

FreddieFresh

@b0 Is the omni still only available for pre-order like it says on the website?
The omni is still available. I'm not sure about the whole pre-order status at this point. They're in stock at PIU so they're available. Last i heard dynavap has a 2 or 3 week wait for orders other than the og, but they're cheaper so you may find its worth the wait

jrcmang

I've said it before, but for the people who aren't enjoying their Ti vaps as much as the OG, I really recommend installing one of the CCD screens. It's really changed how I feel about mine. Before it was something I appreciated for it's reliability and appearance, but I didn't really enjoy trying to milk the vapor out of it. Capable of big hits even then, but the restriction was a bother to me. Since installing the CCD I don't really even need to use the carb. Before I kept the carb plugged constantly to get good vapor, but now carb covered or uncovered I get awesome amounts of vapor and I don't feel like I'm killing my lungs.

I just installed one last week. I broke one of my OG bodies during cleaning and decided to put the screen in my coco woody. Fits like a glove. I went ahead and put the c ring back in but it is not needed. Fits so well I don't understand why George hasn't implemented the new ccd screens in all the vapcaps. I had to order a few other items and I asked for some extra ccd screens so I can put in my other burl woody.

natural farmer

I've said it before, but for the people who aren't enjoying their Ti vaps as much as the OG, I really recommend installing one of the CCD screens. It's really changed how I feel about mine. Before it was something I appreciated for it's reliability and appearance, but I didn't really enjoy trying to milk the vapor out of it. Capable of big hits even then, but the restriction was a bother to me. Since installing the CCD I don't really even need to use the carb. Before I kept the carb plugged constantly to get good vapor, but now carb covered or uncovered I get awesome amounts of vapor and I don't feel like I'm killing my lungs.
I mean the TI that ships with the OGs. I tried the third party screens and they are decent, but I'm getting way better results with the new screen

It might be that the CCD screen changes things in the bowl from a thermal standpoint but I doubt it has anything to do with airflow... When you draw on a VC without the cap on the airflow is pretty much open. Add the cap and the airflow goes down a lot, for some people there is almost no airflow. That says the screen has much more airflow than the cap, so how come screen can change airflow when the cup is on. I can't see it... Sorry... I have tried drawing with the cap on with a ceramic screen and with no screen. No change in airflow!

Kalessin

It might be that the CCD screen changes things in the bowl from a thermal standpoint but I doubt it has anything to do with airflow... When you draw on a VC without the cap on the airflow is pretty much open. Add the cap and the airflow goes down a lot, for some people there is almost no airflow. That says the screen has much more airflow than the cap, so how come screen can change airflow when the cup is on. I can't see it... Sorry... I have tried drawing with the cap on with a ceramic screen and with no screen. No change in airflow!
I don't understand it, but what I think it is is with the...induction air flow? Whatever it is supposed to be, where the air from the carb comes up and makes the turn into the condenser pulling vapor with it, I think the new screens have better airflow, which lets more vapor come through with less effort. I get essentially the same size hits now whether the carb is uncovered or covered, and before I got this screen I kept my carb plugged 24/7 because I couldn't get good vapor otherwise. I can't say with certainty I'm not just imagining it, but from my perspective it has definitely improved performance

Baron23

Yes, but how would someone go about getting one of Dyna's CCD's aside from having a kind person ship you one? They are no shown as spare parts for sale on the website??

George said that he was working on a CCD for the Ti but no joy yet. It sure looks like the CCD from the OGs would work fine but they don't seem to be on sale as separate items.

Kalessin

Yes, but how would someone go about getting one of Dyna's CCD's aside from having a kind person ship you one? They are no shown as spare parts for sale on the website??

George said that he was working on a CCD for the Ti but no joy yet. It sure looks like the CCD from the OGs would work fine but they don't seem to be on sale as separate items.
I haven't done it, but I am planning to email him and buy a few spares relatively soon. I see no reason he wouldn't indulge me, for a few dollars. I once bought a bunch of spare ceramic screens from him the same way

Baron23

I haven't done it, but I am planning to email him and buy a few spares relatively soon. I see no reason he wouldn't indulge me, for a few dollars. I once bought a bunch of spare ceramic screens from him the same way

Yep, just replied to George from a PM he sent me inquiring about the status of a CCD for the Ti tip and if the OG CCD was generally available as a spare part until the Ti tip CCD is available (presuming that they are different in some way).

natural farmer

I don't understand it, but what I think it is is with the...induction air flow? Whatever it is supposed to be, where the air from the carb comes up and makes the turn into the condenser pulling vapor with it, I think the new screens have better airflow, which lets more vapor come through with less effort. I get essentially the same size hits now whether the carb is uncovered or covered, and before I got this screen I kept my carb plugged 24/7 because I couldn't get good vapor otherwise. I can't say with certainty I'm not just imagining it, but from my perspective it has definitely improved performance
As I see it the air coming from the carb takes a turn under the screen. As the airflow from the carb, if uncovered, is much more open than the one under the cap, the air coming under the cap is minimal, if any. Air comes from where it finds the less resistance. So the difference between the screens, either ceramic or CCD, many holes or few holes shouldn't be significant. Materials might make a difference though, how much heat they absorb and how they radiate it. But if it makes a difference I can't wait till I place one of these beauties in my woody!!! :brow:

Kalessin

As I see it the air coming from the carb takes a turn under the screen. As the airflow from the carb, if uncovered, is much more open than the one under the cap, the air coming under the cap is minimal, if any. Air comes from where it finds the less resistance. So the difference between the screens, either ceramic or CCD, many holes or few holes shouldn't be significant. Materials might make a difference though, how much heat they absorb and how they radiate it. But if it makes a difference I can't wait till I place one of these beauties in my woody!!! :brow:
I don't think I'm getting my point across... The airflow under the cap isn't important, the screen doesn't change that....what I think it does is improves the ability of the vapor to move through the screen into the stem. I think the air moving in from the carb is able to more easily "grab" the vapor as it makes it's turn and pull it along while maintaining a steady stream

natural farmer

I don't think I'm getting my point across... The airflow under the cap isn't important, the screen doesn't change that....what I think it does is improves the ability of the vapor to move through the screen into the stem. I think the air moving in from the carb is able to more easily "grab" the vapor as it makes it's turn and pull it along while maintaining a steady stream

I can't really say anything about that as I don't get how is this possible... Anyway... Vape on! :p

lookhigh

FC member
@natural farmer I get what you are thinking about the airflow and i was thinking the same, how could a screen effect the performance when there is a bottleneck before the screen.
However the vapcap does work in mysterious ways, there is some turbulence and magic going on behind the screen. I am not sure trail will tell.

@b0 I can send you one off the vials if you want to have a go.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Any one have any tricks for getting the o-rings off the ti tip? Especially the one near the tip. I combusted a little and I was going to just soak it quick, but I had so much trouble getting the o-rings off I just said screw it and tried just running some pre-roll ground up stuff I had through it. That might be the first thing I do whenever I combust now, that seemed to clear it right up. Didn't taste or smell it after that.

marduk

daydreamer
Any one have any tricks for getting the o-rings off the ti tip?

I use the "patented digger-outer" to get those out. It's thin enough to slide into the groove next to each o-ring, and then you can tilt it up to pull the o-rings out. The digger-outer edges are rounded enough so you don't have to worry too much about damaging the o-rings. Just don't force anything... if you're doing it right, it should feel pretty easy.

Ruta

KS46vN8.jpg
B9aiSkF.jpg

I have been testing this little beauty out for the last few weeks, it works well, feels good in both the wood and the design, i'm thinking 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' style when i'm using it :) The only downside is the one i made has been shelved for now, i do think this new one out performs my old one, in the way that @phattpiggie has got the carb hole bang on for my liking, hurrah for being a @phattpiggie guinea pig :)
KS46vN8
KS46vN8
B9aiSkF

Just put this in the Phatt Piggies Wood shed thread, thought it was just as relevant here :)

guardian

can anyone report if the ti tips will fit the og body? id rather buy just the tip rather than another whole kit for now

guardian,

TheVapeler

can anyone report if the ti tips will fit the og body? id rather buy just the tip rather than another whole kit for now
Just did it for science, it does indeed fit snugly.
-thevapeler
P.s. I don't plan on using like this however because I don't know if it would pose a greater cracking hazard to the OG tip...

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Just put this in the Phatt Piggies Wood shed thread, thought it was just as relevant here :)
Oh , wow!! :o:drool:
THAT is a stylish one... @phattpiggie it's stunning. Is that Blackwood? Already knew, I'd need one of yours - but this one really makes me want one so bad. How much are they? (Hope it's ok to ask here)

beautiful! :)

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@Ruta is the man! He was so very nice to send me a CCD - actually 2! :)
Will spread the love further - already have someone in mind...

Cracked my Omni ceramic screen on removal to put in the new CCD ... weeew. What an irony! ;):D
Sits very nicely and seems to outperform the ceramic by far.. only tiny microdose, but pretty impressive yet.

Thanks again, mate!! :wave:

Top Bottom