EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Yup. The usual royal mail and customs charges here too. Tho I guess I expect it these days having bought a number of vapes from the states and having had to pay customs charges on all of em (i think). Considering I only bought a Ti tip, the charges certainly added a considerable percentage extra expense!

I dont care right now tho cos I got this today! Postman didnt bring it yesterday so I went to pay and collect at the local delivery office this afternoon.

I have been testing the blighter ever since :D

Im really happy. The @phattpiggie stem and triple air path Ti tip, with one of the metal screens as seen in the OG. All my air resistance and draw strength issues are done with, massive clouds, excellent taste, works well plumbed into my D020 just fine. Means I can stop abusing my Okin (eh @Dan Morrison )! ;)

Absolutely love it.

KggX38I.jpg

Last edited:

darbarikanada

question for the vapcap pros who've used the OG and Ti: despite not having VAS, the low price on this (esp. with the black friday thing), and great reviews, has me wanting to check one out. I'd like to get one that gives me the performance it's famous for, at the lowest price. from what I've read here, the OG works just fine, its main downside being fragility, and that the Ti versions, in addition to being less breakable, give a bit better performance (someone said 20% better). if all that's true, and I wouldn't be using it all that much (seems people opt for the double crown to minimize wear and tear mostly, for esthetics second), I should go for a Ti + non-exotic wood (e.g. black), no MP, no double crown - and that should deliver optimal performance (esp. if the newly configured Ti is an improvement) - and eliminate the need to upgrade later - at least until they come up with an improved design.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
question for the vapcap pros who've used the OG and Ti: despite not having VAS, the low price on this (esp. with the black friday thing), and great reviews, has me wanting to check one out. I'd like to get one that gives me the performance it's famous for, at the lowest price. from what I've read here, the OG works just fine, its main downside being fragility, and that the Ti versions, in addition to being less breakable, give a bit better performance (someone said 20% better). if all that's true, and I wouldn't be using it all that much (seems people opt for the double crown to minimize wear and tear mostly, for esthetics second), I should go for a Ti + non-exotic wood (e.g. black), no MP, no double crown - and that should deliver optimal performance (esp. if the newly configured Ti is an improvement) - and eliminate the need to upgrade later - at least until they come up with an improved design.

I dont see a question here, I see an answer ;)

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Some quick info I got from another lovely customer service email exchange with Matt. He said the new extra spiral Ti tips with CCD screens are what is shipping standard from the store now when you buy just a Ti tip from the parts area.
And alas, no plans for titianium mouthpieces that attach like the wooden ones right now but that it had been talked about so don't rule it out:)

So if anyone else wants one be sure to mention them in any communications you have. Hear that @VapCap!?!:goon::lol: We want titanium mouthpieces too :p

I'm getting my order sorted and ready!! Come on Friday!!

Alexis

Yup. The usual royal mail and customs charges here too. Tho I guess I expect it these days having bought a number of vapes from the states and having had to pay customs charges on all of em (i think). Considering I only bought a Ti tip, the charges certainly added a considerable percentage extra expense!

I dont care right now tho cos I got this today! Postman didnt bring it yesterday so I went to pay and collect at the local delivery office this afternoon.

I have been testing the blighter ever since :D

Im really happy. The @phattpiggie stem and triple air path Ti tip, with one of the metal screens as seen in the OG. All my air resistance and draw strength issues are done with, massive clouds, excellent taste, works well plumbed into my D020 just fine. Means I can stop abusing my Okin (eh @Dan Morrison )! ;)

Absolutely love it.

KggX38I.jpg

Thanks for the info in your woods regarding customs. Can I ask, gow much was your order total (as in the correct value which was declared on the package).
Was it $20 ish? Or the actual amount it could in fact be, if you get me.
Im just looking to find out if there is an effort being made to preven customs which is failing, or if that ploy has actually been abandoned altogether.
If it is the former, then I will very subtly communicate this to Dynavap with a comment on current exchange rates.

Alexis,
Reactions: stark1

CanadianBakin

and eliminate the need to upgrade later - at least until they come up with an improved design.

FWIW, that's partly why I went straight to the Omni for my first one. All I wanted was something to use when camping etc. I thought I'd only use it a few times a year, and here I am planning out my third order...

The OG works. I find it a gentler, more moderate experience overall than the Ti tip is capable of. I only used it for a week though, vs 5 months with the Omni. I prefer the Ti tip, but I know at least one person on here has said they prefer the OG. YMMV.

I guess now the question is how does the performance of the new Ti tip compare to the old one?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thanks for the info in your woods regarding customs. Can I ask, gow much was your order total (as in the correct value which was declared on the package).
Was it $20 ish? Or the actual amount it could in fact be, if you get me.
Im just looking to find out if there is an effort being made to preven customs which is failing, or if that ploy has actually been abandoned altogether.
If it is the former, then I will very subtly communicate this to Dynavap with a comment on current exchange rates.

Oh I think I see what you mean. Yes, the packaging declares $20 but the actual order was $40.

so my reasoning (Ti performs 20% better than OG, no functional need to get more than a standard wood body) matches your experience (you've used both OG and Ti)?

20% sounds ridiculously specific, but for what its worth, the Ti tip I can see standing up to way more of a battering. I found the bowl on the OG too small and I'm finding the temps easier to control in the Ti tip too, havent combusted yet. The airflow for me is so much better. I love the Ti so much more than that OG. I guess it depends how much you want to push temps to their limit, how often you're gonna use it, and how much you wanna cram in there :)

That being said, I'd still buy both and see how you feel :D

Last edited:

*plainlazy*

My latest order was about 120 dollars. Didn't pay any import. And haven't on previous orders either. I think brexit and the lame pound against dollar like some one mentioned is the reason down people are getting charged import. But doesn't explain how mine got through.
Puts me off ordering again until rectified. Has anyone messaged Matt or George about the import costs?

*plainlazy*,
Reactions: Alexis

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
My latest order was about 120 dollars. Didn't pay any import. And haven't on previous orders either. I think brexit and the lame pound against dollar like some one mentioned is the reason down people are getting charged import. But doesn't explain how mine got through.
Puts me off ordering again until rectified. Has anyone messaged Matt or George about the import costs?

Sometimes things get through, sometimes things get charged. Maybe they are just on a real drive for it atm, some management directive, or most likely the time of year is prime for gaining a lot of import profit.

darbarikanada

20% sounds ridiculously specific, but for what its worth, the Ti tip I can see standing up to way more of a battering. I found the bowl on the OG too small and I'm finding the temps easier to control in the Ti tip too, havent combusted yet. The airflow for me is so much better. I love the Ti so much more than that OG. I guess it depends how much you want to push temps to their limit, how often you're gonna use it, and how much you wanna cram in there

thanks for that. I'm pretty gentle on my vapes, so I'm not concerned about fragility.
a small bowl's fine with me - one main reason I'm interested in this vape is how good it is with hash, and I pretty much never vape more than ~.12g of flower
it'd probably get pretty infrequent use

you mentioned airflow, which is part of performance; if you think the improvement isn't subtle, it does sound like I had my answer at the outset...

darbarikanada,
Reactions: Alexis

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
you mentioned airflow, which is part of performance; if you think the improvement isn't subtle, it does sound like I had my answer at the outset...

Certainly not subtle for me, but then I really cant stand any kind of restricted draw for any kind of long term use and I dont really like a mouth draw, i want it straight in my lungs :)

EDIT: That being said, I did fall in love with the OG immediately, hence me saying get both! :)

Morty

Droppin' in to say that I'm still using my OG & loving it. After I broke my 1st one I was considering upgrading, but ended up getting another OG. W/ the sale this weekend I think I'm going to gift my current one to a friend & pick up a new one. Enjoy using it through my bubbler immensely & as a on the go option when I don't have anything to put in my pen. Those airtight storage tubes work wonders. OG for life. :)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
The bowls will be different diameters, the glass is 1mm thick and that's a fixed dimension.
The Ti tips have gone thru a few changes since the first ones, my 5 fin has a wall of 0.85mm and my, now outdated, 7 fin is 0.6mm. George is the man to ask about this.
The new tips could be different again.

Great news on the lathe, laser, milling machine and everything else @VapCap, I look forward to seeing what else you have up that lab coat sleeve.

Choughed

I find that the OG needs to be cleaned more often than the omni to keep my lungs happy, and the carb hole isn't really functional on my OG - far too tight draw when covered. Also, the omni is easier to spin in my fingers over the flame. I just love my omni in every way. :) That'd be why, with great force, I shoved my severe frugality aside and ordered another one!

Squiby

1. Are the bodies of the Ti Carbon S and Ti VonG S the same size as the Omnivap bodies or is there any other incompatibility?

Yes. All BODIES are interchangeable with any other BODY. BODIES are 45mm in length.

The condenser length determines the overall length of a Vapcap. The Vapcaps with a regular condenser can accommodate a body/mp configuration of 62mm. These Vapcaps are 3.5 inches in overall length and fit into a regular Dynastash/ER.

The models are:

Ti Woody S. Has a 45mm straight body and 17mm mp equalling 62mm.
Ti VonG S. Has a 45mm VonG body and 17mm mp equalling 62mm.
Omnivap. Has a 45mm titanium or carbon fiber body and 17mm mp equalling 62mm.

2. Which size of VonG short stem fits the regular Dynastash

There are bodies and there are stems. bodies are short - 45mm and stems are longer - 62mm.

The VonGs that will fit into a regular Dynastash are the:

14mm wide Ti VonG S which has a 45mm x 14mm VonG BODY and wood mp.

14mm wide Ti VonG which has a 62mm x 14mm VonG STEM and no mp.

A regular Dynastash will accommodate any Vapcap with a regular condenser and a maximum girth of 14mm.

3. Which torch from the official store should I get for a quick heatup on the go? Tending towards the quad torch if it isn't much bigger then the triple torch because the pics from the triple torch suggest that the third flame is not that useful if you like to heatup the "na" part of the Logo for prefered temp with a single torch.

I have the quad and love it. It comes with a nice sheath. I don't have the triple torch so I cannot comment on it.

Good luck with your new Vapcaps!!!

Last edited:

Alexis

Oh I think I see what you mean. Yes, the packaging declares $20 but the actual order was $40.
Thanks for that. That is probably what mine says as well.

I intend to inform the guys very subtly that their estimation of the VAT threshold is off owing to the declined sterling. They clearly are still trying to help us out with this to avoid it altogether, not just keep the extra charges down, so they will certainly welcome feedback, then tney can look and see if there is a way around it (i.e. even cheaper goods to keep total costs even lower and firmly below the threshold. ;)) The bitch of the matter us that the small amount of VAT on a $20 order would be nothing without the cheeky bitches charging US to fill out the form to rip us off. That £8 makes all the difference.

I lied I think. The bowls appear to be the same size, its the extra airflow means I can stuff more in it before it blocks :D

I got an OG for my mum at the same time I got my Omnivap, and I tried it one night, but not enough to really get much idea or feel for it. However, I swear the bowl size is significantly smaller than the Ti on my Omni. I can get a 0.1 ish into the Omni, but never into my mum's OG. Basically, what I ground up would have filled the Omni twice, it filled the OG 3 times.

I could be wrong but I think it went that way. Looking at the bowls also, the Omni bowl is clearly deeper.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I intend to inform the guys very subtly that their estimation of the VAT threshold is off owing to the declined sterling. They clearly are still trying to help us out with this to avoid it altogether, not just keep the extra charges down, so they will certainly welcome feedback, then tney can look and see if there is a way around it (i.e. even cheaper goods to keep total costs even lower and firmly below the threshold. ;)) The bitch of the matter us that the small amount of VAT on a $20 order would be nothing without the cheeky bitches charging US to fill out the form to rip us off. That £8 makes all the difference.

Totally understand your point of view but im not convinced that encouraging a company to break import law is a good idea. I'll say no more on it tho :)

Chose

If I order a xl ss condenser does it come with an xl stash tube ,I can't seem to find them ,only the regular size ????

Chose,

Squiby

If I order a xl ss condenser does it come with an xl stash tube ,I can't seem to find them ,only the regular size ????

I don't know, but...

If you're just buying the XL condenser, it should fit into the regular doob tube.

Doob tube accommodates 3.5 inches and the XL condenser is just over 3 inches long.

If you want the longer doob tube, include a message in your order requesting one. They are pretty fantastic at accommodating special requests.

Squiby,
Reactions: pocketed

Chose

I don't know, but...

If you're just buying the XL condenser, it should fit into the regular doob tube.

Doob tube accommodates 3.5 inches and the XL condenser is just over 3 inches long.

If you want the longer doob tube, include a message in your order requesting one. They are pretty fantastic at accommodating special requests.
Thanks I want to order xl condenser with exotic mp to fit in too my cocobolo woody but I only have a dynastash so need to store it somewhere
Would it fit with mp removed
All I need to decide now is carbon omni or exotic woody s
For Black Friday sale
Can't afford them all if I could I would get both plus a dynastash xl
Thanks @Squiby for all your help over the last few weeks I've finally got it how all the parts fit together
Actually I can't afford any of it
But that's VAS FOR YOU
FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING REALY SETS IT OFF

Baron23

he Ti versions, in addition to being less breakable, give a bit better performance (someone said 20% better)

I wouldn't agree with that based on my experience with Ti Woody and multiple OGs. :2c:YMMV

Now, I see where Alexis said that his Ti tip has better airflow than his OG. For me, this is just the opposite so perhaps its just my Ti Woody.

darbarikanada

I wouldn't agree with that based on my experience with Ti Woody and multiple OGs.

thanks for your input. it looks like you're the perfect person to ask, since you have both OG + Ti woody: if I'm just looking for the vapcap 'experience', not concerned with fragility (or esthetics), do I give up anything, performance-wise, by getting an OG? some people have said the draw is easier with the Ti, or that the carb is better on the Ti, or that some people prefer the OG. your $.02 on these weighty matters would be much appreciated...

Top Bottom