Kalessin

OK, Got my VapCap. Does OG stand for "Original Glass"? If so that's the one I have.

Thanks for advice guys. I am not disappointed - it certainly gets me there.

Two things though:

1. It clicks twice x 2. That's twice to heat up and twice to cool down. Should I return it to seller and ask for a replacement?

2. I am only getting enough time to take one pull on it before it clicks to say the temperature has dropped. Is that usual?

Thoughts anyone? Your expertise would be appreciated as always.
This is all normal. The double click is to give you a bit of warning before you have to pull the flame off, and the temperature of the chamber drops pretty quickly after hitting it.

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings!

Many instances of awesomness over the past few days. Our new CNC lathe is up and running making tips as of about 7pm tonight. We will be running multiple shifts for a while to make sure we can keep up with our orders.
This is a huge thing for us as we continue to bring more of our manufacturing in house instead of outsourcing. It definitely took a few days longer than we had hoped to get it all tooled up and programmed, but it seems we have finally put this machine to work and it sure is nice watching it go.
This is much more than us just making our own parts. It is one of the biggest steps for us to be able to accelerate the refinement of our current models and more importantly the development of new ideas and concepts.
When I think about what is happening and how supportive so many people have been to this project, it truly inspires me. Not only do I have the most awesome job I could ever hope for, but as we put our new machine into place, it empowers everyone here to design, develop, prototype and quickly move into production new ideas faster than ever.

And there are definitely some new ideas in the works.

Here is a picture of our first in house Ti tip.

IMG_20161108_222837236_zpsumrqfvsw.jpg

We have adjusted some of the geometry and hope this will be our best performing tip yet. It has a longer and deeper helical heat exchange air path for improved thermal transfer efficiency and should provide better displacement air flow with a more convection leaning extraction.
We also adjusted some wall thicknesses and clearances.

We are also trying our new logo on for size in a few more applications.
Here it is on one of our air tight tubes.

IMG_20161108_222653106_zpsrvcac00q.jpg

And a few other interesting concepts to see how it feels.

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-02%20at%208.59.31%20AM_zpspydaosxx.png

And maybe some new packaging?

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-08%20at%2010.19.05%20PM_zpsrmvwb1gg.png

So to sum it all up... :)

Cheers,

George

Farid

Love the look of the new tips, any added airflow through the heating path is a plus in my books. And the new packaging looks great as well. I'm celebrating recreational cannabis being legalized here in MA with a vapcap.

herbivore21

Greetings!

Many instances of awesomness over the past few days. Our new CNC lathe is up and running making tips as of about 7pm tonight. We will be running multiple shifts for a while to make sure we can keep up with our orders.
This is a huge thing for us as we continue to bring more of our manufacturing in house instead of outsourcing. It definitely took a few days longer than we had hoped to get it all tooled up and programmed, but it seems we have finally put this machine to work and it sure is nice watching it go.
This is much more than us just making our own parts. It is one of the biggest steps for us to be able to accelerate the refinement of our current models and more importantly the development of new ideas and concepts.
When I think about what is happening and how supportive so many people have been to this project, it truly inspires me. Not only do I have the most awesome job I could ever hope for, but as we put our new machine into place, it empowers everyone here to design, develop, prototype and quickly move into production new ideas faster than ever.

We have adjusted some of the geometry and hope this will be our best performing tip yet. It has a longer and deeper helical heat exchange air path for improved thermal transfer efficiency and should provide better displacement air flow with a more convection leaning extraction.

Cheers,

George
So glad to see it all coming together my friend! Excited to see what can be done :D

pocketed

@VapCap how about a "FatCap" for a larger bowl? Not sure a larger diameter would be any good, the centre of the load may not get extracted well, but wider perhaps?

natural farmer

Greetings!

Cheers,

George
I love what I'm seeing George! :nod:

Things are moving really fast for you! I am glad you all enjoy the ride! I wish I was there to share the fun! :D

I also wish I get my hands on some of these new beauties soon. This new tip looks indeed that it could boost the performance even more. When I first got my Ti woody the first thing I wished it was different was to have more and deeper grooves for a bit more convection! But I will settle with the changed geometry all right! :lol: Can't wait to try it! :tup:

rz

Hi guys. I'm Russ :)

Firstly, thank you all for being part of this community and the wealth of info you've all contributed to!

I've been reading FC for a while, I FC'd a few months ago, and I even got to try an OG! Now I'd love to get one that'll last, so I'm working on a Ti (something) S order.

My eye is definitely on a Damascus steal mid-section. I understand I would need to maintain it a bit, which is fine. Can you guys with a steel bod chime in on your experience. How often do you treat it? How's it holding up, etc.

I understand the steel is not in the vapor path, but is in the intake path. I'd like this thing to be solid and last for ages, and am slightly concerned with rust. George recommended bees-wax which looks like the right thing.

Would love to hear your guys input on longevity, maintenance, etc, on different materials.

An solid alternative is to start with a wood body, a tried and tested material which should last long, and in due time start my exotic parts collection :)

I'm really impressed with the OG, and looking forward to joining the Ti Vapcap clan. Thanks, and see you soon! :)

-R.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Hi guys. I'm Russ :)

Firstly, thank you all for being part of this community and the wealth of info you've all contributed to!

I've been reading FC for a while, I FC'd a few months ago, and I even got to try an OG! Now I'd love to get one that'll last, so I'm working on a Ti (something) S order.

My eye is definitely on a Damascus steal mid-section. I understand I would need to maintain it a bit, which is fine. Can you guys with a steel bod chime in on your experience. How often do you treat it? How's it holding up, etc.

I understand the steel is not in the vapor path, but is in the intake path. I'd like this thing to be solid and last for ages, and am slightly concerned with rust. George recommended bees-wax which looks like the right thing.

Would love to hear your guys input on longevity, maintenance, etc, on different materials.

An solid alternative is to start with a wood body, a tried and tested material which should last long, and in due time start my exotic parts collection :)

I'm really impressed with the OG, and looking forward to joining the Ti Vapcap clan. Thanks, and see you soon! :)

-R.

Welcome to FC RZ :wave:
As far as I know there's only a tiny number of Damascus in the wild so far, and I don't know how they are finished, or if they are all the same finish, or even carbon steel or stainless.

My own (carbon) was delivered to me with a very deep etch at my request, and in that state has a very pronounced pattern, but an unpolished matte surface finish.
This allowed me to finish the body myself by heating it to the highest heat my domestic oven is capable of, then dunking the body into a test-tube of 'gun blue', which darkened the surface from a uniform medium grey colour, to a very dark, almost black uniform matte colour.
I then used very fine grit wet & dry abrasive paper to 'polish' the surface, which leaves the raised ridges a more silvery colour, with a shiny surface.
This results in a more visible 'grain' pattern.

The next step was to scrub out the inside of the body to remove any loose particulates, then pack it with sodium bicarbonate with a dunk in hot diluted sodium bicarbonate to neutralise any trace of acid that might remain from the gun blue, which is a combination of nasty acids.
Finally I applied copious amounts of oil to the body, popped it into a baggie, and placed the baggie in some boiling water for 5 minutes to seal the surface, and help protect it from corrosion.
The oil was Phatpiggies own blend of hemp-oil and beeswax.

This whole process has worked well and provided a finish which I love:
te9HeY2.jpg

With a carbon steel body like mine you do have to take steps to avoid rust though.
Try to avoid applying spit to ease the O-rings in to the Damascus, as my body suffered a tiny amount of corrosion near the mouthpiece when I did this.

It was easily dealt with (scrubbed inside with a tiny piece of scotchbrite pad, then sealed with hot oil again), and I now lube the O- rings with veg glycerine when assembling the pieces, instead of spit.

There was a slight taste that I'd describe as 'metal shop' when I first used the VC, so I vaped a few times without the condenser in to deliberately coat the inside of the body with a very thin layer of reclaim, and the VC now tastes completely neutral.

I haven't taken any measures to preserve the outer surface and it has remained beautiful, despite near constant handling over the last couple of months (I just can't stop gazing at it and handling it! very tactile).

I'd imagine that none of this is necessary with the Damascus models which are available now, as I guess that they come finished and sealed already (or maybe they're stainless damascus now?).
It was only necessary with mine due to my request for a very deep etch to maximise the visibility of the grain.

I'm sure @VapCap would be able to advise better than me, but I've got to say how much I love my Damascus.
George really nailed what I was looking for SPOT ON.

Sorry for the wall of text :o

Edit:
Oh! And beware gun blue, it's naaaasty stuff, and MUST be neutralised safely.
I'm content that I've taken the necessary safety steps though.
IMO stainless damascus is the way forward here.

Last edited:

rz

Welcome to FC RZ :wave:
Sorry for the wall of text :o

Actually, thank you for the wall of text! It's exactly what I want to see. The fact that so few are out there has been part of my concern, but the beauty in that material, specially with your finish, is so alluring! I'm still no closer to deciding what mid-section to go with yet. I don't have any prior knowledge of steel-working and care so I didn't even know what to ask George yet. I'm eager to learn but don't want to risk my health in the process. I will try find out a bit more on the current sealing/finish from @VapCap. I love the modularity of the VC, so I may just start out with with wood and take it from there. Thank you all, and George, for pioneering the way to such beautiful pieces.

While I'm at it, what are your guys thoughts on carbon fiber? How's it holding up? Obviously I won't be sanding, grinding or cutting it, so I doubt there's any concern, but I've got no prior specific knowledge about the material and resins used either.

Happy VCing! :)

-R.

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Greetings!

Cheers,

George

Hi George ! I'm glad to see that you are playing with your new toys, and enjoying the results !
Things are going to be great with you abilities to test , improve and create new things from scratch in your workplace, we'll be impressed as always I'm sure !

I've a question, how is the behavior of your new tip , against the double hexahelis you shown us some times ago ?
Which one do you prefer ? How much convection does the new tip add (in comparison of the older one and the double hexahelis) Do you still plan to release the double hexahelis or this is the new a better version of it ? :)

I was waiting for the new double hexahelis tips, and now this . . . . You make me suffer George :D

Last edited:

banana_republic

Hello VapCapeople,

My latest order from DynaVap arrived yesterday evening at Banana Republic, and all I could say for hours is WOW!!! I was really so excited looking at those pieces, assembling and disassembling different combinations of bodies, and I was totally amazed and saying to myself so many times "this is so awesome!!".

The OmniVap is not exactly what people have been saying around here, it's quite much more!! So interesting to be able to play with the screwing mouthpiece and change air restriction, I couldn't love it more!!

Now, it's time for some pictures, probably not so wonderful as the OmniVap itself, in flesh and blood :)

IMG_0194_zpsxciss6nw.jpg

IMG_0198_zps3iepvopi.jpg

IMG_0202_zpsyugaoa5p.jpg

From my first test run yesterday night, I could figure out some preference on the air restriction, which is not "full restricted", but close to that. Also, I realized that the Omni screen lets larger particles go by than the OG, so not grinding too much looks better.

Will keep on loving, using and trying to review this awesome piece of art and get back sooner or later with some more feedback.

A huge shoutout to George and Matt, for their brilliant customer service and products. And, the extras you sent me, like the triple-torch lighter are incredible!! You guys rock!!

Cheers

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Hello VapCapeople,

My latest order from DynaVap arrived yesterday evening at Banana Republic, and all I could say for hours is WOW!!! I was really so excited looking at those pieces, assembling and disassembling different combinations of bodies, and I was totally amazed and saying to myself so many times "this is so awesome!!".

The OmniVap is not exactly what people have been saying around here, it's quite much more!! So interesting to be able to play with the screwing mouthpiece and change air restriction, I couldn't love it more!!

Now, it's time for some pictures, probably not so wonderful as the OmniVap itself, in flesh and blood :)

IMG_0194_zpsxciss6nw.jpg

IMG_0198_zps3iepvopi.jpg

IMG_0202_zpsyugaoa5p.jpg

From my first test run yesterday night, I could figure out some preference on the air restriction, which is not "full restricted", but close to that. Also, I realized that the Omni screen lets larger particles go by than the OG, so not grinding too much looks better.

Will keep on loving, using and trying to review this awesome piece of art and get back sooner or later with some more feedback.

A huge shoutout to George and Matt, for their brilliant customer service and products. And, the extras you sent me, like the triple-torch lighter are incredible!! You guys rock!!

Cheers

This , is the perfect example of the Vapcap Acquisition Syndrome! :D

The wood fit nicely around the Omnivap , you gonna enjoy it more and more , it is truly awesome , indestructible , beautiful , functional. . . . A wonder!

In order to avoid tiny particule, you can mod the screen by replacing it by a fine ss screen (I use the fine one from my Mighty and nothing can pass) cut to the bowl size. To filter more I've added a tiny bed of degummed hemp fiber, with the screen in top of it. I hold all of this with the c-clip.
For me, this modification makes wonder with both flower and concentrate, and the bowl size is reduced by about 10%, making it even great for micro dosing!

@VapCap how about a "FatCap" for a larger bowl? Not sure a larger diameter would be any good, the centre of the load may not get extracted well, but wider perhaps?

This is an awesome idea, I had the same some times ago, that some may want a longer bowl.
Maybe a Xl Ti tip is on his way ? ;)

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Those pics are fantastic! Could you explain further what you mean by the above statement please? Im tempted to save for the omni now I have a @phattpiggie wooden stem! :)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I would buy that in a heartbeat! Now I have coffee cup acquisition syndrome. That's a classic George move, inventing new acquisition syndromes. I already have VCAS (VapCap), VCAAS (VapCap Accessory), OBAS (OmniVap Body), and now CCAS, thanks a lot! :ko:

I'm so glad for all of your success @VapCap! It couldn't be happening to a better person. The fact that you are working your dream job while simultaneously bringing joy to so many others is wonderful! :clap:

Your engineering wizardry is so advanced that I can't help but think you were sent here from the future to make our lives better. :borg:

Baron23

I have a quick question for you guys, and Im sorry if this has been asked before (I searched the dynavap site, and ran a search on FC but after checking 50 posts didnt see this exact question asked).

What is difference between the standard condenser and the XL Condenser. Obviously the XL is longer, but what difference does that make? Im just confused as all the "put together" vapcaps like the Ti Woody and such all come with the standard metal condenser, yet the XL, which is longer, says it fits all standard glass and woody stems.

So I guess Im just asking what is the benefit of the XL condenser, and if its worth the extra money.

I just recently got an OG vapcap and love it so much after a few days Im already looking at getting at Ti Woody S. But was wondering if its worth upgrading to the XL condenser, but I dont really see what it actually does for the vape.

Thanks!
Yes, it fits all standard bodies but with a moutpiece which adds leng
OK, Got my VapCap. Does OG stand for "Original Glass"? If so that's the one I have.

Thanks for advice guys. I am not disappointed - it certainly gets me there.

Two things though:

1. It clicks twice x 2. That's twice to heat up and twice to cool down. Should I return it to seller and ask for a replacement?

2. I am only getting enough time to take one pull on it before it clicks to say the temperature has dropped. Is that usual?

Thoughts anyone? Your expertise would be appreciated as always.
The sound is made by, I believe, a bi-metal clicker and they put two in each cap as a fail safe in case one craps out.

No, you are not the only one. For me, each heat cycle = one draw. After that draw, I might draw again for taste but mostly to cool the cap down if it hasn't cool-down clicked yet, but rarely get any visible vapor.

You are doing just fine, my friend. :tup::clap:

Dynalowrider

capston, Get an Altoids tin place a magnet on the lid. Land the hot, ripped cap on the magnet. The tin will heat-sink the heat out of the cap, but not so much out of the ti-tip. Takes less time and butane to reheat to heat-click. The tin amplifies the click, ready to reheat. Shortens the wasted time between rips. Lessens the chance of combustion from heating before cool-click. Try it you might like it. Good luck. Doc

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@emmdeemo The Omni allows the user to set the amount of low pressure created behind the screen, unscrew, open carb, and the pressure drop created allows wispy hits.
Screw it down tight and the hits get thicker but with a much harder draw.
Omni users should be able to find their 'sweet spot' giving big clouds but with less effort and no need to ever touch the carb.
Tighten it down and back it off until you get the results you want.
All my personal stems are set to my preferred size and as you will have seen from my videos not once do I cover or feather.

Shannock

Not sure which type of waiting is harder! My order has been on hold awaiting new stock of the Blackwood Vong stems and has now been completed and shipped but still have to wait for it to make it's way over the Atlantic!

The Postie is going to have a stalker next week until it's delivered :brow:

:peace:

banana_republic

Howdy?!

This , is the perfect example of the Vapcap Acquisition Syndrome! :D

The wood fit nicely around the Omnivap , you gonna enjoy it more and more , it is truly awesome , indestructible , beautiful , functional. . . . A wonder!

In order to avoid tiny particule, you can mod the screen by replacing it by a fine ss screen (I use the fine one from my Mighty and nothing can pass) cut to the bowl size. To filter more I've added a tiny bed of degummed hemp fiber, with the screen in top of it. I hold all of this with the c-clip.
For me, this modification makes wonder with both flower and concentrate, and the bowl size is reduced by about 10%, making it even great for micro dosing!

Yes, V(apcap)AS is not just a myth. Whatch out kids, this is contagious :)

Thanks for the info on the screen replacement. I will go on testing for at least 1 or 2 weeks using the default screen provided without grinding the flower nugs, and will then probably try to figure out how to change the screen (I'm afraid of breaking something, you know?)

Those pics are fantastic! Could you explain further what you mean by the above statement please? Im tempted to save for the omni now I have a @phattpiggie wooden stem! :)

Well, it looks like @phattpiggie just wrote (brilliant explanation quoted below) what I was to (try to) tell... Just screwing and unscrewing the mouthpice on the Omni changes the air intake somehow, you don't need to use the carb at all. It must be some kind of black magic?! :)

@emmdeemo The Omni allows the user to set the amount of low pressure created behind the screen, unscrew, open carb, and the pressure drop created allows wispy hits.
Screw it down tight and the hits get thicker but with a much harder draw.
Omni users should be able to find their 'sweet spot' giving big clouds but with less effort and no need to ever touch the carb.
Tighten it down and back it off until you get the results you want.
All my personal stems are set to my preferred size and as you will have seen from my videos not once do I cover or feather.

Thanks for helping explain abbout the screwing mouthpice. BTW, I love your woodshed production and will sooner or later grab one or a few of those pieces. I believe every Vapcap collection must have some of those awesome works of art.

Cheers!

Top Bottom