Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I found my Ti Woody in my drawer and decided to give it another go.
Results so much better today for some reason!
Broke off a nug and placed into VapCap very loosely and placed cap on.
Heat and spin till the click and away i go! Cloud city and pretty good flavor!

Now my question is this:
Why do i have so much resistance when drawing? I hear my jaw muscle clicking and my neck popping.
It is almost like trying to drink a very thick milkshake through a thin straw.
Any ideas?

I have just tried my OG VapCap top on the Ti Woody and it seems to be a slightly easier draw, maybe a variance in the outer diameter of the bowl? Going to try a load with the new cap and will report back!

Also i combusted in the OG a while back and they both ended up being shelved.
Tried to clean the soot out of the very tip of the inner tube and cracked it...
Will have to order some spare tubes soon!

EDIT:
Does the carb hole on a Ti Woody do anything??
I ask because the way mine is assembled, it is merely a hole in the wood...
It has a steel tube running through the middle and a rubber o-ring type seal on each end, thus making the carb hole useless. It has Ed's TnT stamped on the stem if that helps.
The "carb hole" isn't a carb technically speaking, but it's often referred to as a carb. I call it a carb myself.

Technically speaking it's the air intake. A small amount of air comes in through the cap, but not much. Most of the air comes in through the intake hole, travels towards the tip, and then makes a sudden turn into the condenser tube, drawing in vapor from the chamber.

Feathering the intake does function similar to a carb, and can help increase vapor density. Plugging it will increase vapor density a lot but the draw will be very restricted.

Your draw might be restricted if the screen is clogged. Plug the intake hole and blow out through the tip with the cap off and chamber empty.

If there is a lot of reclaim in the tip and condenser tube it will restrict the draw. A thorough cleaning might help.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe The black o rings both need to be on the MP side of the hole, one is a seal and the other holds the condenser central. The condenser needs to be positioned properly as well, if it goes to far into the Ti tip it will give high resistance. I've found if the condenser is flush with the body rather than stick out you do not get this problem.

Excellent!! Thanks!!
It is working like a champ now, although i have to change my technique again.

Squiby

Does the carb hole on a Ti Woody do anything??
I ask because the way mine is assembled, it is merely a hole in the wood...
It has a steel tube running through the middle and a rubber o-ring type seal on each end, thus making the carb hole useless. It has Ed's TnT stamped on the stem if that helps.

The hole in the body/stem does have a function. It is important that you position your orings above the hole towards the mp so that there is air movement between the body/stem down to the tip and up through the condenser.

Here is an early video describing its function. Note that this video refers to the Omni, however they all work the same with the Omni having the added feature of being able to dial in a more refined "set it and forget it" air restriction.

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Today, as other before me and after me, I got the legendary Dynavap's hangover. :drool:
What a wonderful toy to play with, I'm still amazed, to the point where I don't care about my mighty coming home.
Poor volcano, I can see you taking dust in the future! :myday:

Now, I need a dynastash, and this carbon body is killing me..... George want are you doing to me? :rofl:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I thought I might have been losing it a little & have been too ashamed to admit that the VapCap leaves me with a genuine still fucked from last night "mull hangover" in a classic sense. Nothing gets me extreme Chinese eyes the way this little device of metal & wood can & does.

This device should have a special ATF tax stamp & be classified as a weapon of mass destruction really.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I thought I might have been losing it a little & have been too ashamed to admit that the VapCap leaves me with a genuine still fucked from last night "mull hangover" in a classic sense. Nothing gets me extreme Chinese eyes the way this little device of metal & wood can & does.

This device should have a special ATF tax stamp & be classified as a weapon of mass destruction really.

If received my vapcap and evo at the same time.... suddenly waking up was more difficult....
I instantly blamed the evo....

Evo went back to be swapped, still struggling to wake up....must be the cap.....

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
As I forgot the mandatory "green parcel's picture" here it is, with a little plus!

Did you know?

T
he OmniVap come in a wonderfull fishnet!!
IMG_4520.jpg

I can feel it in the air

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm really loving the OG VapCap. I can't believe it was on sale for $25. Even at $35 it's the best bargain in vaping by far. I'm glad I picked one up, even though I had already purchased some more exotic models.

Something about that glass chamber is special. If only they could come out with a glass tip that could be used with my burly and omni! I think the omni with a glass body and glass tip would look really nice.

On a side note, my OG seems a little slimmer than my Ti tips so the caps don't fit as snug.

I've been mainly using my original cap from my OmniVap with my OG and Burly VonG. I figured that would be one less variable in the equation when using the new models. It also gives me two spares plus one that I bought. I can only use one at a time anyways. Actually, that's not true, if I had someone light the second one for me I could hit two at once, that would be something else, anyone here tried that yet? Maybe I'll have to buy an Evo "heating station" so I can do this solo. :lol:

I just started using another cap recently and it's a little loose on the OG and has even fallen off a couple times. So now my original cap is dedicated to my OG and I'm using the new one with the burly and omni. I'm not noticing much difference in performance between the caps.

Right now I have three VapCaps made of three different materials with three different screens. I have a glass Original with the new CCD titanium screen, a wood VonG with the stock ceramic screen, and a titanium OmniVap with the Flowermate titanium screen. When I need to clean my burly I'll switch out the ceramic for the flowermate screen. I'm looking forward to the CCD being available for all models, it has a great airflow while still blocking small particles from coming through.

Dynalowrider

The caps are adjustable. A little squeeze here or there. The side of the cap where the digger is, wants to be flat instead of round like the rest of the cap. These things are basically just alike. Tight ones are slightly out of round, loose ones are closer to being round.
I prefer some caps over others because the clicks are louder on some than others.
Since I got my Vector Pyramid lighter, the heat click is less of a problem. It's a little more pricey than other lighters, but it has a larger reservoir so you don't have to fill it every 2 minutes. If people can spend forty bucks for an ash-tray, I can spend forty bucks for a quality lighter.
I have found that heat-sinking away the heat from the cap, leaves the ty-head warm. Heat it again, keeps it going to the perfect temp. If I let it cool on it's own, I have to heat longer to reclick, which lends the chance of overheating.
This is an on-and-off heating cycle. Heat it, remove heat when approaching set temp, temp goes past set point to higher temp. Temp drops to below set point. If you repeat, and repeat, graph that out it looks like a roller coaster. Put the heating cycles closer together, it smooths out the hot-cold.
Altoids tin, coins for weight, Mag magnet from George right in the middle of the tin. Loud cool-click from tin. Makes a fantastic heat-sink/VapCap stand
By using a heat-sink to control the roller-coaster heat-cool of the ty-head you are more efficiently vaping your herb. There-by getting more vapor.
I know that is a lot of speculation, but think about it. It works for me and Mother Nature. She is the one that wrote the laws. Doc
Any book binders out there to take care of this missive?

farscaper

I'm really loving the OG VapCap. I can't believe it was on sale for $25. Even at $35 it's the best bargain in vaping by far. I'm glad I picked one up, even though I had already purchased some more exotic models.

Something about that glass chamber is special. If only they could come out with a glass tip that could be used with my burly and omni! I think the omni with a glass body and glass tip would look really nice.

On a side note, my OG seems a little slimmer than my Ti tips so the caps don't fit as snug.

I've been mainly using my original cap from my OmniVap with my OG and Burly VonG. I figured that would be one less variable in the equation when using the new models. It also gives me two spares plus one that I bought. I can only use one at a time anyways. Actually, that's not true, if I had someone light the second one for me I could hit two at once, that would be something else, anyone here tried that yet? Maybe I'll have to buy an Evo "heating station" so I can do this solo. :lol:

I just started using another cap recently and it's a little loose on the OG and has even fallen off a couple times. So now my original cap is dedicated to my OG and I'm using the new one with the burly and omni. I'm not noticing much difference in performance between the caps.

Right now I have three VapCaps made of three different materials with three different screens. I have a glass Original with the new CCD titanium screen, a wood VonG with the stock ceramic screen, and a titanium OmniVap with the Flowermate titanium screen. When I need to clean my burly I'll switch out the ceramic for the flowermate screen. I'm looking forward to the CCD being available for all models, it has a great airflow while still blocking small particles from coming through.
I feel like the CCD stays cleaner longer than a standard screen would too. And seems easier to clean if it does get gunked. Does the CCD not fit the Ti chambers? I only have an OG. Does the Ti tip have a smaller bowl than the OG glass bowl?

Edited: because of fucking auto correct keyboard.

Squiby

Looking at maybe a VapCapS or TI Glassy for a first vapcap.

I would recommend the OG possibly coupled with a Woody for a first purchase. I say this because once you discover the magic of the Vapcap, you will be back with more orders.

The Vapcap may well replace VAS (Vaporizer Aquisition Syndrome) with VAS (Vapcap Acquisition Syndrome). They look the same on paper, but are VERY different.

High everybody,
VAS ii fun but costly haha
Ijust ,pulled thetrigger this morning on the 2 piece combo with the lighter...guess i better read the259 pages
Pointers?

Here is a place to start. However, I must say, reading the entire thread is quite enjoyable, informative and gives you a real sense for the collective love and generosity that has evolved for the Vapcap. When you own a Vapcap magical things happen.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-220#post-1002281

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-222#post-1002885

*plainlazy*

Nice surprise when i got in from my work my second dynavap delivery ..... An og with some spare turbine condensors and normal condensors. Already building up some nice oil from my testing. And its made my day what an awesome vape. Not for the money but full stop lol. Anyway i agree with what everyone is saying on this thread the og is amazing in its own right. What a achievement george take a bow :bowdown::bowdown::clap::clap::nod::nod:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Buy an OG for $35. :2c:

It's too inexpensive! :lol: I can see the OG getting busted before long, which is why I was thinking TI or the SS condenser....

I would recommend the OG possibly coupled with a Woody for a first purchase. I say this because once you discover the magic of the Vapcap, you will be back with more orders.

The Vapcap may well replace VAS (Vaporizer Aquisition Syndrome) with VAS (Vapcap Acquisition Syndrome). They look the same on paper, but are VERY different.

Here is a place to start. However, I must say, reading the entire thread is quite enjoyable, informative and gives you a real sense for the collective love and generosity that has evolved for the Vapcap. When you own a Vapcap magical things happen.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-220#post-1002281

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-222#post-1002885

That's what I'm talking about... Two units right off the bat! The modular design is a big plus for me...Vapcap Accessory Acquisition Syndrome (VAAP)?

Also a fan of magic.
wizard.gif
:peace:
wizard.gif

Thanks for the input. I probably should double my Vacap budget from $65. :)

Edit: Wow, great writeups @Squiby ! You should consider copying those two posts into the Resource section. Good stuff.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
It's too inexpensive! :lol: I can see the OG getting busted before long, which is why I was thinking TI or the SS condenser....

That's what I'm talking about... Two units right off the bat! The modular design is a big plus for me...Vapcap Accessory Acquisition Syndrome (VAAP)?

Also a fan of magic.
wizard.gif
:peace:
wizard.gif

Thanks for the input. I probably should double my Vacap budget from $65. :)

Edit: Wow, great writeups @Squiby ! You should consider copying those two posts into the Resource section. Good stuff.

I would go with the metal ones, either of them will be good choices.
I have an OG that i combusted in and in my OCD cleaning frenzy, i broke the tip of the inner test tube.
It is VERY fragile...
But it has also rendered it useless to me because to have them shipped to me costs almost 3 times the price of the test tubes, not worth it to me.
So i would go with the metal for sheer strength and longevity reasons.

Also my Ti Woody produces some massive clouds that are super tasty!

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I would go with the metal ones, either of them will be good choices.
I have an OG that i combusted in and in my OCD cleaning frenzy, i broke the tip of the inner test tube.
It is VERY fragile...
But it has also rendered it useless to me because to have them shipped to me costs almost 3 times the price of the test tubes, not worth it to me.
So i would go with the metal for sheer strength and longevity reasons.

Also my Ti Woody produces some massive clouds that are super tasty!

I'm not completely clear on the difference between the Ti Woody-S and the Ti Woody Stem. With an exotic mp, the S is $100. The Woody Stem with exotic mp is the same price, but comes with the airtight case?

And what's the difference between Dynastash and Dynastash ER? Is that Extended Release? Both have the basically the same description with a $5 difference?

Edit: Saw the answer to my Dynastash question in @Squiby 's post. Silicon stash in the ER.

Last edited:
syrupy,
Reactions: Squiby

lazylathe

Almost there...
I'm not completely clear on the difference between the Ti Woody-S and the Ti Woody Stem. With an exotic mp, the S is $100. The Woody Stem with exotic mp is the same price, but comes with the airtight case?

Ti Woody Stem is just a plain bit of wood turned and bored out.
I have this and it is the utilitarian version, basic and functional imo.

The Ti Woody S is a signature version with a handcrafted body in one type of exotic hardwood and the mouthpiece is from another type of exotic wood. This one is the fancier version and looks killer!

i think if you are going to splash on the Ti Woody S then you need a Stash Box as well to match!
This also safely stores your VC!

lazylathe,
Reactions: syrupy

Squiby

Both the Ti Woody and the Ti Woody S are 3.5 inches in length and use the standard length SS condenser. The difference is the length of the midsection. Both of these fit into the regular Dynastash/ER.

Also VCs are shipped with an Air Tight Storage Tube

The Ti Woody midsection is 62mm long (called a STEM) and does not have a mp, so the mouth end is blunt.

cocobolo Ti Woody and its stash.
IMG_20151103_113434631_HDR_zpsvaqthwo9.jpg

The Ti Woody S has a shorter 45mm BODY. Because of this, the condenser is able to also incorporate a turned profile mp which is 17mm long. 17 + 45 = 62mm.

Here is a Ti Woody S with a Blackwood short body and burl mp and a Raw Edge Burl stash.
XM58poe.jpg

Both are available in the standard Cocobolo or Blackwood woods. Exotic woods are also available by request or through the website offering. Right now, Black and White Ebony and Burl midsection are also available. If you want something else, contact George or Matt through the website contact page.

Both are great.

If you would like a slightly longer Vapcap, get the Ti Woody XLS model. It is a Ti Woody that has been fitted with the XL condenser which accommodates the 62mm STEM and a mp. The XLS is 4.25 inches long and fits into the Dynastash/ER XL.

Below is my Black and White Ebony XLS with Blackwood mp and my Blackwood S with cocobolo mp.

qKqgRVg.jpg

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Looking at maybe a VapCapS or TI Glassy for a first vapcap.

What do you think, good people?

I woudl suggest a Ti woody with a spare glass barrel. That way you have the best of both worlds for only $10 more. Trust me it is worthwhile to upgrade immediately. I view the OG as a gift style vaporizer & the Ti/Omni as the daily driver vape.

Top Bottom