Momor

Were you using the PWM? It's possible it so successfully delayed the click that you ended up right in the fully-baked zone.

Not sure I've tried this combo, but I'm gonna afterwhile and I'll share my results.
No I didn't use PWM.
I didn't time it but I feel the low temp cap clicks a bit sooner than my old "hot" cap, but the result is the same between both :hmm:

Momor,

coolbreeze

No I didn't use PWM.
I didn't time it but I feel the low temp cap clicks a bit sooner than my old "hot" cap, but the result is the same between both :hmm:
Interesting. Someone had me try an older hotter cap at one point to try to tame the roastiness and it sorta worked. I can't quite recall his reasoning, but I think it was that it would heat/click quicker.

Does your Flite seem to heat slower than usual? I'm just trying to figure out how that could happen at the click, and it seems like extra-slow roasting is the only option.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,

Momor

Interesting. Someone had me try an older hotter cap at one point to try to tame the roastiness and it sorta worked. I can't quite recall his reasoning, but I think it was that it would heat/click quicker.

Does your Flite seem to heat slower than usual? I'm just trying to figure out how that could happen at the click, and it seems like extra-slow roasting is the only option.
No, my flite still heats as quickly as new (~15 sec or a bit less to the click from cold)

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
I have never done anything with it other than to give it to others who had a use for it, but I still collect my ABV and I probably have a half pound of it around. It just seems wasteful to toss it, but a toss is likely in it's future...
i have an old coffee jar I use for my avb, when it’s full it gets binned, the smell of avb does me🤮haha

Demonic chronic,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

I have never done anything with it other than to give it to others who had a use for it, but I still collect my ABV and I probably have a half pound of it around. It just seems wasteful to toss it, but a toss is likely in it's future...
Yeah, I usually make a batch of butter and take it home with me for the holidays. I have a buddy who likes it.

No, my flite still heats as quickly as new (~15 sec or a bit less to the click from cold)
Crazy. @TommyDee would probably have some thoughts about what's happening here and how to mitigate it.

Demonic chronic

Yeah, I usually make a batch of butter and take it home with me for the holidays. I have a buddy who likes it.
if I knew someone who would use it I’d gladly give it to them but sadly all my friends are dirty bastard combusters:lol:

Demonic chronic,
  • Haha
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

No I didn't use PWM.
Is your low-temp cap a new captive version or is it an older one? maybe it has a similar alloy and interacts with the flite stronger than a new one would? Not sure that makes sense, as it seems that would make it click quicker still...

Momor

Is your low-temp cap a new captive version or is it an older one? maybe it has a similar alloy and interacts with the flite stronger than a new one would? Not sure that makes sense, as it seems that would make it click quicker still...
It's the new captive one. So weird 😅

Momor,

Demonic chronic

It is totally weird! Good news is if you ever want to sell it I know there's a couple of boys here who are salivating over that dark abv right now, wondering what's the problem!
I’ve got a few low temp caps 1 is a captive (didn’t know when I bought it, bastards) and it’s nowhere near that hot😳, that’s like my old non dated late clicker cap:lol:

Demonic chronic,
Reactions: Momor

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Do some of you use a low temp cap in an IH ?
I bought a low temp cap recently to use with 21 vong tip and my fluxer flite but i'm not getting low temps extraction at all I think.
I can cash a full bowl in 2 heat cycle and the AVB is super dark.
The top pile of AVB is the result of using an old regular cap, I got with a ti woody around 2019. No serial number or anything written on it except the brand.
And the ABV at the bottom is the result of 2 heat cycles with the low temp cap.
The results with the captive caps I got with the 21 vong and Omni (sold them both) where way closer to a low temp extraction.
Did this happen to anyone ?
I don't see why the cap would behave that much differently with a torch or an IH but I may be wrong ?

Seems reasonable to expect lighter colored abv than that from a low temp cap.

Perhaps contact DV customer service to let them know and see if they can help you out.

Demonic chronic

Seems reasonable to expect lighter colored abv than that from a low temp cap.

Perhaps contact DV customer service to let them know and see if they can help you out.
Agreed get in touch with them, my low temp caps get me much more heart cycles per bowl than a standard cap that’s for sure, you should definitely be able to tell the difference from a standard cap.

Demonic chronic

It seems those "hot caps" are becoming rare, lol, so I think it's a good idea to keep it in case something would happen to my other two (old regular caps).
I emailed the shop I bought it from this morning. Let's see what they say.
I hear you:tup:treasure it, I have 1 special late clicker cap that clicks then 7 seconds later second clicks again I couldn’t do with out now (used daily thru bong with water) dense vapour every time even when I heat up from cold on the first hit, love that little bastard

Last edited:

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Hello guys,

for the VapCap lovers, there's still the Spring sales (until 50%) running until the end of April...
Here the pieces available:

20220425_142227[1].jpg

If you are interested by a stand or/and a new stem, please have a look to my thread Aezhennwood to see more pics.
Thank you very much :) :peace:

Top Bottom