Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@RustyOldNail – I actually wasn't worried about the bumblebee, but I remember having read somewhere it's not a good idea to engage an IH when no metal object is inserted (because it would heat up other metal objects inside the device I think?). @TommyDees idea would prevent that from happening, good call indeed.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but hands free operation is actually a really nice thing, so I'm looking forward to see how those two turn out to be.

Last edited:
Siebter,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I have reservations about insertion activation only. I had thought of this and decided I want to modulate while the cap is in the cup.

And as for an idle IH circuit, one that is running but no VC inserted, get hotter and hotter as time goes on. Dynatec heaters are protected with 10 second timers.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I have reservations about insertion activation only. I had thought of this and decided I want to modulate while the cap is in the cup.

And as for an idle IH circuit, one that is running but no VC inserted, get hotter and hotter as time goes on. Dynatec heaters are protected with 10 second timers.

I wan insertion protection :goon:

Why worry, sensors are the rage

stark1,
Reactions: Siebter

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I meant when the price is announced.
I confuse myself a lot so don’t worry.
My poor credit card, this could be the last straw,

Oh. You meant like Mass Drop!
I believe the price is a drop under two bills.

Last edited:
stark1,
  • Wow
Reactions: Skinku

Duba

Accessory Maker
hi the community,
i have an issue with my Omni XL used since 2 years : When i screw down the mouthpiece to the body, the condenser exceed (photo). Has anyone ever experienced this problem? is it a thread problem?
nivjncjygne51.jpg

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I've seen one instance of strangeness where the Ti tip didn't have the mating bore and chamfer for the Omni's condenser. This appears to be a problem with where the nut was spot-welded onto the condenser. We've also heard of a broken spot-weld from pushing out the CCD.

hi the community,
i have an issue with my Omni XL used since 2 years : When i screw down the mouthpiece to the body, the condenser exceed (photo). Has anyone ever experienced this problem? is it a thread problem?
nivjncjygne51.jpg

Last edited:

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
A stupid question, can you turn that stem over so I can use it with the air hole on top next to the mouthpiece instead of next to the tip?

I like wooden dynavaps but I'm not going to use it with water if not the traditional method:hmm:
Yup, most of the time I use a wood mouthpiece, I have adjusted the condenser rings so there's no carb, or airport . Just my preference. One of my favorites is a wood Ed's TNT stem with Ti tip and low temp cap. I can also just pop in a 10mm adapter if I want any water action. :tup:

Dynavap and OG kush.JPG

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Duba the omni condenser is 3 parts: tube, threaded sleeve, & mouthpiece. I think the sleeves are just press fit onto the tubes and stop where they run into the stock diameter of the tube. Your sleeve has come loose and moved away from the mouthpiece end.

View attachment 2429

@snackmaster, I may be flying in orbit; your illustration seem to have a single tube which is larger on one end. Is that possible? :hmm:

Both ends measure equally....

:sherlock: It looks like the condenser tube may be a silly mm (or two) too—long?

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Dynavap just posted about the Orion IH on Instagram. Drops 9/17. Looks small enough to be a real game changer, depending on battery life of course!
Previous advertisement said 1000mah which I can confirm is good battery life. I can cap a gram with that easily. Rover reported to be 1500mah IIRC. LiPi charged with USB-C

@stark1 - that threaded piece is fixed to the condenser, right? I remember talk of a weld.

Top Bottom