im not a robot

What is everyone's favorite stem for cooling? I'm talking dry hits. After using the Glass Charlie stem with my Woodscents and Vapcap, some sort of cooling mechanism now feels like a requirement to me. Guess I've been spoiled.

The Glass Charlie XL stem is nice with the Vapcap, but I'd also like something that isn't made entirely from glass. Any artisan stems with cooling functionality? I've thought about the Simrell Vortex for sure.

i recently received this amazing piece from phatpiggie:
EmptyName.jpg
it is pretty long (18,5 cm total), and it also has a metal lining inside the wood / acrylic. i was surprised how much the extra length alone seems to cool the vapour, but i have no comparisons to "proper" cooling stems like the glass charlie or the lamart stems. still sth to consider maybe?

im not a robot

@im not a robot - i want to know EVERYTHING about that stem! How many pieces were used to make it? What materials were used? Did you request the specific color scheme? Is it inspired by anything specific? I frigin’:ove: it!
Enjoy!!!
i didnt count them myself, but according to pp these are 158 individual pieces glued in place. the wooden part in front and back is blackwood. the colored accents are pcv i think.
i did inquire whether this pattern would be possible to do (it is based on rem koolhaas' proposal for a flag of europe, updated as of right now, including the uk), and phatpiggie worked out how it could be done. there is more info including some making of vids pp posted in his thread on va here Accessories - Phattpiggies Wood Shed

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I’ll add what I DON’T recommend. The Dynavap “BB9” glass stem with beads with 14mm WP end.
After the first few uses, the 9 little balls collect the sticky vapor, and no longer move at all. I like the rest, but unless you ISO clean it OFTEN, might as well own one without the balls. They might offer a bit of extra cooling while clean and moving, but as soon as they get stuck, the balls probably just add draw resistance.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Puffitup, sneakypete, and others, all sold out of most dynavap parts and accessories. What gives?

BabyFacedFinster,

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
My BB9 balls get gunked up pretty quick too, it makes the coolest vapor of all my stems for sure though and when it's freshly cleaned it give the tastiest vapor flavor on the first couple of tips/bowls. :ove:

On the latest dynavap live they cover cleaning your DV, some good info on how to clean the cap and views as to if it's a good idea or not to clean components using a torch lighter. :deadhorse:

Only just noticed that the blue balls in my BB9 are actually beads!

Nomad #111

i didnt count them myself, but according to pp these are 158 individual pieces glued in place. the wooden part in front and back is blackwood. the colored accents are pcv i think.
i did inquire whether this pattern would be possible to do (it is based on rem koolhaas' proposal for a flag of europe, updated as of right now, including the uk), and phatpiggie worked out how it could be done. there is more info including some making of vids pp posted in his thread on va here Accessories - Phattpiggies Wood Shed
So amazing. Phatt Piggie makes beautiful stems. I just got this one which I love!20200619_103703.jpg

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
My BB9 balls get gunked up pretty quick too, it makes the coolest vapor of all my stems for sure though and when it's freshly cleaned it give the tastiest vapor flavor on the first couple of tips/bowls. :ove:

On the latest dynavap live they cover cleaning your DV, some good info on how to clean the cap and views as to if it's a good idea or not to clean components using a torch lighter. :deadhorse:

Only just noticed that the blue balls in my BB9 are actually beads!
Did someone remember to ask how to clean the DynaCoil properly and completely?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
View attachment 1656I also got this Simrell vortex stem which I'm loving too. Another great purchase from @puffitup

That’s my go to stem. Pricey, but worth it. Easy to clean, actually cools. I pull the DV tip off and use it on my Mighty. The carb hole gives me the extra control I need, and has made my Mighty better now, for me.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Did someone remember to ask how to clean the DynaCoil properly and completely?

No, but the messege I got from it was that torching items shortens the operating life of CCDs and presumably that would extend to the coil as well. :unsure:

Also George mentioned that the reason why they don't recommend immersing your cap in cleaning solution, is because some solution might dry on the clicker discs in the cap and possibly affect the temperature that they click at.

I think that was in reference to soap or detergents more than alcohol(which burns off cleaner)

Happy vape o'clock everyone. :spliff:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
No, but the messege I got from it was that torching items shortens the operating life of CCDs and presumably that would extend to the coil as well. :unsure:

Also George mentioned that the reason why they don't recommend immersing your cap in cleaning solution, is because some solution might dry on the clicker discs in the cap and possibly affect the temperature that they click at.

I think that was in reference to soap or detergents more than alcohol(which burns off cleaner)

Happy vape o'clock everyone. :spliff:

Funny, to clean off the Moad Dib, I just glow the screen red and no more whisps of smoke. Perfectly clean once the hooks get hot. No mess, No fuss :cool:

@Duba - about 5" of a wooden stem is enough for the vape path to cool significantly. This is a straight as a straight vape path gets so nothing is condensing your vape either. Win-win.

thunderstealer1337

fml, just bought a nonavong off entexchange

and now dynavap is doing a 20% off deal end of month to 4th of july

oh well, i knew i shoulda just waited for big sale/holidays - i woudla done a huge order via dynavap and i heard they give you all sorts of bonus stuff with your order

LabPong

I’ll add what I DON’T recommend. The Dynavap “BB9” glass stem with beads with 14mm WP end.
After the first few uses, the 9 little balls collect the sticky vapor, and no longer move at all. I like the rest, but unless you ISO clean it OFTEN, might as well own one without the balls. They might offer a bit of extra cooling while clean and moving, but as soon as they get stuck, the balls probably just add draw resistance.

Actually...it is a 10mm/14mm male joint. But yes....the balls will stick together......which is why they are beads with the holes and not solid pearls.

If you are using a BB9 with a M tip of any kind....yea I would think its going to feel restricted. I only use the Ti tips and have 0 issues with any draw resistance. But the purpose is not to have the balls freely bouncing around...they are used for extra cooling surface only! The holes in them help to alleviate resistance after your first or more bowls cause them to stick.

You could say they are also for determining how good your flower is......lol

thunderstealer1337

I thought george mentioned to clean the bb9 once the blueballs stick.

There is some rainstick ritual feeling he talks about, and that can only be when the balls are still loose.

Lol, this was the main reason i never got one, cuz ppl complained it gunks up to fast

Top Bottom