thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
Haha FC just recently granted permission to post which is super cool and much appreciated! I’m a lurker all over the place though! Overall I really like the older 7 fin titanium tip, aesthetics for sure. That Vortex and Intercooler whew, that’s been heavily used around here. Induction heaters, huge fan! Just got my first one and I haven’t much used my torch since, I just like the predictability and consistency of the hits, makes it feel more like using an electronic vape, just a very different experience overall and I’m digging! It’s also new, I’m sure the torch will get pulled out here and there :)

Yeah, the IH is really nice. What I like about that, is that you can Vape in your favorite chair at home and never use a torch.

Complete consistency with every hit.

OR, you can take that very same device, that very packing, and in the middle of your session, throw that sucker in a tube or stash, take it with you, and continue or finish hitting it on the go with your favorite torch!

Best of Both Worlds!

Besides its dependability and old school feel, the versatility of the Dynavaps, Both from their own company product line, to the MYRIAD of various custom stems AND accessories that can be interchanged into the whole affair, is what really impresses me the most about the whole thing!

Thanks for taking the time to reply and hope to see more from you here in the future.

Happy Vaping!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The concept that ANY heat source can be used to vaporize with a VapCap is appealing.

Because I am adverse to using a “torch” indoors, the IH is a perfect match for the VC.
It would be ideal as an EDC when it becomes small enough to carry OTG.

In the meantime, it is fun to experiment with various ways to play with one’s VapCaps.

My idea of heating with a torch. Haha :chill::popcorn: boyz just gotta play

34sj5w9.jpg
t

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
I ordered
view
one of these interesting but cheap flat-flame style lighters to check out with my M-Shadow, which I converted to an XL by adding an XL-Ti mouthpiece and condenser. I am drooling over the Simtrell body. I wonder what the cost of coloration from the mfg. is? There is a YouTube showing a person (maybe George??) taking a blowtorch to an omni-XL and turning it through a rainbow of colors. Looks like a 'don't try this at home, kids' moment to me. :rofl:

view

I find different results with different stems for sure, even with the Ghost MV1 for example I find it hits differently with the added bubble straw compared to natively I think perhaps it’s the change in draw resistance from the ‘non-default’ setup can have an optimization effect
I have your HULA STEM and found better results breaking out a condensation finger to create a small air hole. It works quite well, but I kept staring at my DynaInvestment and the greed factor set in. Even through the purple haze, greed is good.

Anyway, thank you, famous Pete, for your videos, your web reviews, your great inventory and best of all, your outstanding service.

Last edited by a moderator:

SquirrelMaster

I ordered
view
one of these interesting but cheap flat-flame style lighters to check out with my M-Shadow, which I converted to an XL by adding an XL-Ti mouthpiece and condenser. I am drooling over the Simtrell body. I wonder what the cost of coloration from the mfg. is? There is a YouTube showing a person (maybe George??) taking a blowtorch to an omni-XL and turning it through a rainbow of colors. Looks like a 'don't try this at home, kids' moment to me. :rofl:

view
I believe it's an extra $50 for a custom but I would just message him on Instagram, he gets back to messages pretty quickly.

You could try a DIY anodize with 9v battery for an Omni XL. This video is really good https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&feature=youtu.be&v=8R3ebqKDPkU there's also this https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-EASILY-Anodize-Titanium-at-Home-2-Methods/

There's quite a bit of info once you start looking and the whole process looks pretty straight forward as you're not doing the anodizing with acid. In the video he shows how to remove the anodizing as well.

GtrBob

Love the old school ashtray! It reminds me of one my folks had when I was a kid and they weren't even smokers!
Yes, sitting next to the candy dish full of dusty lemon drops, all stuck together. :tinfoil:

Atta boy, Grampy!
@GtrBob is that you? Either way thats awesome!!!!

That 60-something skater's not me.
Kool pic though, eh?
I went down due to a pothole two years ago so my boards are hanging in the garage forevermore...damitall :-)
I'm 71[!] and not even a Gramps yet [so at least I got that going for me.]
[waitin on my daughters to get started I spose, then they can have the skateboards].
spackler-with-bag.jpg

Last edited:

GtrBob

I ordered a Maple Dynastash XL that arrived yesterday and it's a nice piece. It does, however, have a strong "just recently milled" wood smell to it that I'm concerned is going to transfer to the herbs kept in the storage chamber.

But that's a good smell, unlike some other wood species.
Wood-working maple makes yr mouth water.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@SquirrelMaster that is a good video. I did that and it works. The only thing I would say is that it works best with the colors on the lower end. The batteries seemed to quickly deplete and to have the color of 6 batteries I would use 8 etc. If you want the first 3-4 colors it works really well.

I figured if I ws going to do any serious anodizing i would get a plug in voltage regulator.

thejackalsmark

taking a blowtorch to an omni-XL and turning it through a rainbow of colors. Looks like a 'don't try this at home, kids' moment to me. :rofl:
view

I've seen people do it...
and it's...
fine...

BUT...

the drawback is, that it ISN'T as accurate as the battery method and NOT as permanent.

imho, if you want to anodize and have a special color in mind that you really want, for the time, trouble, and money, definitely use the battery method!

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

So as you might remember, I mentioned spending the day, a couple of days ago, studying the ringing of bells and amplification of cap clicks.

Question for You accessory makers out there.

Am I the only one who NOW sees something like THIS...

IMG-20190710-153805.jpg

and thinks to themselves....

Hmmmmm....

IMG-20190710-154047.jpg

:p

Happy Vaping!

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker

yeswecann

@SquirrelMaster that is a good video. I did that and it works. The only thing I would say is that it works best with the colors on the lower end. The batteries seemed to quickly deplete and to have the color of 6 batteries I would use 8 etc. If you want the first 3-4 colors it works really well.

I figured if I ws going to do any serious anodizing i would get a plug in voltage regulator.
Hi. Can you help me learn about your TRRW stem?

thejackalsmark

My-en is a bit tinier than yourns

29pc8hx.jpg

Oh YEAAAAH?

IMG-20190710-174657.jpg
Thanks to my little homemade mouthpiece, 2 "Vapo-Bots" come together to make...
IMG-20190710-174801.jpg

"Dyna-Tron"!

ROFL

Tried fitting my titanium tip and stainless steel tip in small end but just a short hair too loose.

I might get some thick O-rings and slap them on and see if that makes it work. If so, I have a new cool glass stem for my titanium tip. Lol

Oh, and because I know someone is probably wondering, it's just amber colored glass and not reclaim. LOL

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker

thejackalsmark

@yeswecann you want to PM me?

@thejackalsmark @stark1 @StringTheorista and any other tinkerers I'm surely forgetting would you guys be interested if I put together a sample pack of O-rings of different sizes to play with for a few dollars?

I have rings that would probably work.

It's soooo close :
IMG-20190710-184108.jpg

IMG-20190710-183939.jpg

I'd love to try a multi - size o-ring pack.

As far as this particular stem goes, I don't think it's going to save me because the inside of that glass stem at the end tapers slightly inside. idk.

I think having a larger O ring at the end of the dynavap tip and a smaller, but thick enough o-ring further toward the cap for dual ring stability, in that stem end is probably not going to work on this one.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was tempted to wrap some Teflon tape around the bottom of the tip where the O-rings are to bridge that Gap but I think peeling it back off to use that tip in something else would probably ruin the O-rings, right?

btw, my Grandma had one of those green ashtrays back in the day but it got destroyed over the years. The only one I have left from her is this one but there's a crack inside the glass along the length of the bottom.

IMG-20190710-200318.jpg

IMG-20190710-200344.jpg

@stark1 Yeah, i kiiiiinda want that green glass spiral, too, but would rather have the glass clear so I can see the vapor and check reclaim build up.

Really cool piece of glassware though!

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

ShatterWulf

Just got in my dynacoil in, just in time for 7/10. As someone who dabs pretty frequently I'm never too sure when I load a new device, is this too much?

2cp5oq8.jpg

Happy 7/10 FC, some 99.76%THCA from my work, a licensed lab in the state of Colorado.

Last edited:
Top Bottom