alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
So these things heat up really quickly?
Obviously there will be large variation depending upon one's heat source.
I used a small (5.5") Newport torch that is old an losing it's punch.
Used a light flame, rotated the M18 and got 2 clicks almost immediately (< 2 sec).

That seemed too fast (it wasn't); I accidentally combusted.

:o

That's okay as I thought there might be a learning curve.

:science:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That's okay as I thought there might be a learning curve.
Given that a Torch lighter is more than enough, a real torch, even an old one, is gonna be way too hot. If you get a click in under about 5 seconds you are likely using too much heat for "normal" use. I say "normal" because there is a lot of variety in style and method that all work, but I recommend getting it to work "normally" before using more exotic methods.

You can probably use that torch if you keep it further from your cap, but you would be better off with a smaller torch.

Remember, a VC CAN be heated in a candle flame. It takes longer, but it has enough heat. That should show that it might be pretty easy to get TOO MUCH heat from much bigger sources.

JamesTiberiousKirk

Received my M18 + Ti tip (and 3 extra screens) on Friday. Much faster than I expected actually. Still had not purchased a torch lighter.

Still spent all of Friday night admiring this thing.

Wow! I have seen a lot of pics and videos, but until you place it in your hand you don't realise how small it is. And how simplisticly beautiful.

I went this AM to a smoke shops and got a three flame zico lighter and a can of Newport zero ultrarefined butane. I have No idea yet if these were good choices. I am sure I will learn in time.

I have only used the SS tip yet. Many times. I am a bit loopy. Will try the Ti tip later.

Took me several loads to get any sort of technique down. And my fear of fire. But I haven't burned myself yet. I put that in the win column.

After a few loads of wispy, tasty, and effective hits (placing the torch mainly at the end of the tip, I decided to go for broke and concentrated the flame to the bottom of the cap. It clicked and I saw a bit if a red flame. I took a draw until the cool off click... And wow. I was sure I combusted! Hit me like a freight train. And the taste, while not unpleasant, was decidedly combustiony.

I let it cool down, then checked the ABV. It was perfect. Dark golden brown without any char or combustion.

Massive effects though.

So that is my initial impressions. Obviously I am a DV novice, but I am certain they will be getting more orders from me.

howzcat

Hard on Glass
Welcome to the fold, Jim

Damn, my M18 + Ti is currently "Held in Customs".

If the package doesn't clear customs next week, I'm flying to the UK to buy that highly illegal combo from The Hedonist Club, shove it up my ass and fly back. Doing that all with a massive FU grin on my face. :peace:

I hope the customs there at Antarctica are better than here :rofl:2018 M stuck since march 16th woohoo

v.bow

I got bored.....so this happened.

drink drill drink drill drink drill...the more you drink, the more you drill, the more fun bodies to play with ;)

hm8GXZA.jpg

Edit: so I decided to smooth out the edges and it dawned on me that this sleeve would be decent for on the go.

1) you can slide the cork all the way down to protect the vapcap
2) you can slide the cork off and use it to hold your vapcap while you load.
3) if you are in a rush and need to get going you can slide the cork down and completely cover it (if you want you could even make a little cork...for the cork ( if that makes any sense )

GnEAYij.jpg

Last edited:

Dutch-Mic

Good morning everyone! Enjoy your breakfast:

C4EqYAe.jpg

@Bang if you pre-ordered the M then you should have received both the SS and TI tip. The original Facebook message:

'You still have time to get a Titanium Tip as a gift with your pre-order through Sunday, April 1 at 11:59 pm PT.'

Are you sure that you only received the TI tip? If you can't adjust the ccd screen then it's the SS tip.

Last edited:

ap13

Finally got home to my M last night after a week forced t-break on vacation. The vacation was great, but I was so thankful to get blasted and actually sleep well last night after a week of insomnia :lol:

I'm ordering a triple torch from the hedonist club, I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for dynavap parts I should order to get my order to the free shipping mark. I only have the M with old SS cap.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
2018 came in today, I was wondering though since it came with the ti tip was it also supposed to come with the normal tip?

Unless someone was baked beyond belief while assembling parts, your M’ should sport
a thin fin SS tip with an SS screen.

It should also come with an SS tip that has the double channel spirals.

A Ti tip with its screen looks like

JImmoDw.jpg

And it is not attracted by magnets.

While an SS screen looks like

16KbaYm.jpg

PS if you ordered your M’, and included the then current code, you should automatically have had the
Ti tip added to your order.

If you did, and did not get both tips, contact DynaVap, their CS is beyond belief.

If you did not, and got a Ti tip with your M’, you still got a bonus deal.:nod:

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Good morning everyone! Enjoy your breakfast:

C4EqYAe.jpg

@Bang if you pre-ordered the M then you should have received both the SS and TI tip. The original Facebook message:

'You still have time to get a Titanium Tip as a gift with your pre-order through Sunday, April 1 at 11:59 pm PT.'

Are you sure that you only received the TI tip? If you can't adjust the ccd screen then it's the SS tip.
Are you gonna use your M to tap that egg?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I got bored.....so this happened.

drink drill drink drill drink drill...the more you drink, the more you drill, the more fun bodies to play with ;)

hm8GXZA.jpg

Edit: so I decided to smooth out the edges and it dawned on me that this sleeve would be decent for on the go.

1) you can slide the cork all the way down to protect the vapcap
2) you can slide the cork off and use it to hold your vapcap while you load.
3) if you are in a rush and need to get going you can slide the cork down and completely cover it (if you want you could even make a little cork...for the cork ( if that makes any sense )

GnEAYij.jpg

I, too, got bored.

Jumped out of bed early this morning, thinking of raring to go get into
My Monday Morning Routine—only to find out it’s Sunday! :wave:

Ahhh, coffee!

Not being creative like some, or imaginative, I took an old OG, and added
an attractive Ti mouthpiece—now I can be a landlocked Sunday Morning Ti Surfer!

Still bored. Shucks.:spliff:

fHf4qwR.jpg

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Can I ask a question to those with induction heaters? Does the IH have any effect on a new cap or does it stay shiny? How about the tip itself, when compared to using flame does it stay cleaner?

I bought a new M as I wanted a shiny clean looking cap/vape to use with an IH one day. . add to the cleaner look and less drug like vibes of using the IH in public over a lighter and a scorched cap. . .

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Can I ask a question to those with induction heaters? Does the IH have any effect on a new cap or does it stay shiny? How about the tip itself, when compared to using flame does it stay cleaner?

I bought a new M as I wanted a shiny clean looking cap/vape to use with an IH one day. . add to the cleaner look and less drug like vibes of using the IH in public over a lighter and a scorched cap. . .

They get a patina it's just a bit different. And takes a bit longer. You can tell which of my caps had lighter use and which have only been in the IH, but the ALL look used.

Top Bottom