howzcat

Hard on Glass
It's a Vertigo 3 jet torch flame lighter! If you are in the EU, you can purchase it here: https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/torch-lighters/vertigo-lighter-rocket/ (it's now out of stock, though).

does the button get hot at all? fwiw i've had a Xikar Stratosphere lighter, and it was gorgeous and sturdy.
but whenever i used it, especially after a few uses, the button would get too hot.

At home i'm using a regular kitchen jet lighter (one of those normally used for crême brulé). For portability i've used this Colibri Firebird, pretty cheap and does the job!

edit: this may be common knowledge, but i didn't know it lol the Xikar lighter had a small see through window to check the gas level. I decided to clean it with a Q-tip and ISO.. NEVER do this, the window cracked and it couldn't hold gas anymore (would leak!) :(

does the button get hot at all? fwiw i've had a Xikar Stratosphere lighter, and it was gorgeous and sturdy.
but whenever i used it, especially after a few uses, the button would get too hot.

At home i'm using a regular kitchen jet lighter (one of those normally used for crême brulé). For portability i've used this Colibri Firebird, pretty cheap and does the job!

The button does NOT get too hot, and the tank is large enough in my opinion. However, the metal surrounding the flames (which in the picture above you can see it reaches almost half of the tank) gets VERY hot. If you are not cautious, you are very likely to burn a finger or two from time to time. Other than that, it's great.

PS: there is a lighter thread which we should use to discuss this. Else, this is off-topic.

Squiby

i've seen videos where the air hole is easier to find due to the side having some bumps....mine has none
The VonGs with the ridges on the airport side are the previous model. You have the newest model. If you still want ridges, it is an easy job to file some in with a small file.

https://www.amazon.ca/JM-FL1-1-Diam...TF8&qid=1519923232&sr=8-1&keywords=Small+file

those were 2 major features i wanted (already burned myself once with the nonavong looking for the carb hole in the dark).
You can block the airport hole if you wish by sliding the large condenser x-ring between the tip and the hole.

Another option would be to always orient the hole in the same direction. No fumbling. You'll always know where it is.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@howzcat when I need to keep track of where the carb is I point the digger outer at it. It's easy for me to see that even in dimly lit conditions. And Squiby's file idea would give you a textural cue in total dark.

Also, if you're going to use your Vong in water you may not even want a carb. I use a standard condenser in my Vong body with Ti tip and push the condenser all the way in-it acts a bit like an Omni condenser. But you have to have a Ti tip with the screen set in one of the two smaller settings. I do the same thing with a Vong stem and an XL condenser-they both hit like a truck.

szai

Gather round Mistresses and dudes! I have a conversion story for you! My first disciple let's call him Josh is a zealot and it seems he has added to the tribe!

Last night Eric a friend of Josh came over. He asks Josh yo what's with your stash it looks the same as last time. Josh says the dynavap is the reason. Eric gives him a sidelong glance but Josh says don't believe anything just try it.

Later Eric is getting his nightly blunt ready and he asks Josh can we use your Dyno thing. Josh says yes and procedes to knock Eric on his ass! They are going through a bubbler and at one point he asks why does it feel like I'm dabbing? Later he accidentally combusts and inhales it all the way in. That really lays him out!

I think we got another fan coming Bros!

Edit: PS in other great news my friend Josh had food first combustion free day! Ma live been trying to help him quit cigarettes and he switched to nic Vapes completely starting today ins!

Oh and they go through part of that gram and Eric is so satisfied by the effects he got from that partial gram that he leaves the rest for Josh! I

Last edited:

thatoneguy445

@szai that’s awesome!

I have a conversion story too from earlier this week. Was hanging out with a friend a few weeks ago and brought my M.

He’s a joint and cigarette smoker.

I lit it for him and gave him a quick demo, and he couldn’t get over the flavor compared to joints.

Next day he texted me asking the name of the company.

Yesterday, he sends me a picture with his new M starter kit!! However, there was an ash tray and cigarette butts in the background... aside from jokingly giving him shit for the cigarettes (“the whole point of vaping is to avoid smoke and save your lungs!”), he is in love.

Didn’t have much luck with the lighter that came with it (he said it only ignited like twice, and then ran out of butane, so he just used his Bic unfortunately), so he’s ordering a new torch and butane from amazon. Love it, that’s my 3rd officially converted!

Marlon Rando

@thatoneguy445, @szai, that's how the Dyna-Train keeps rollin.:clap: nice, my old neighbors I encouraged to switch to vaping VC's, however they have a baby on the way so a sabbatical was necessary for her. Its great to see when it "clicks" for them they get it. Others I have attempted to switch over just wont give up the jay's and blunts, some rituals die harder I guess:shrug:

szai

@thatoneguy445, @szai, that's how the Dyna-Train keeps rollin.:clap: nice, my old neighbors I encouraged to switch to vaping VC's, however they have a baby on the way so a sabbatical was necessary for her. Its great to see when it "clicks" for them they get it. Others I have attempted to switch over just wont give up the jay's and blunts, some rituals die harder I guess:shrug:

I'm steadily working on my other buddy. I started him on the sv3 and he's done VCS. He likes vaping but hates the popcorn flavor. He likes joints for the convenience I told him he just hasn't sat down and used a dynavap alone. Next time I go over ins I'll get him to sesh with a dv.

Mulchmaker

Veni Vidi Vapi
The VonGs with the ridges on the airport side are the previous model. You have the newest model. If you still want ridges, it is an easy job to file some in with a small file.

https://www.amazon.ca/JM-FL1-1-Diam...TF8&qid=1519923232&sr=8-1&keywords=Small+file

You can block the airport hole if you wish by sliding the large condenser x-ring between the tip and the hole.

Another option would be to always orient the hole in the same direction. No fumbling. You'll always know where it is.
I always point my cap's digger towards the hole for quick visual reference.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@szai & @thatoneguy445 Very cool. I've gotten one friend, and I hope a niece converted. I've been trying to get a friend to make the leap, but he's 1400 miles away, and it's all talk. I think the DV is one of those devices that sells itself when people try it. It's really hard for folks to get around the idea of butane if they've never lived in the butane world. It's why I think the Dynaheater IH is going to be a game-changer for the company.

I've got to say, that this week has been one of those weeks. I've gotten a lot done, but it's all been about twice as hard as it should have been. And my bank got overzealous in fraud protection and caused a cascading waterfall of shit that I had to spend WAY too much fucking time on.

What's gotten me through? Getting that shiny green package and all the 'lego toys for stoners', getting some glass, and making myself my own custom cobalt blue ti tip vapcap. Her name is Cobitai.

2Xe020I.jpg

And here's today's song. My way of saying goodbye to the shite of the last 4 days as I look forward to a weekend with family, friends, and guitars.

paehtod

I also received my LE 7 fin ti tip and ti spinning mp and the OM laser itch cap:)
HLdIH8j.jpg

The air flow is significantly increased due to the air inlet opening is much larger, i love it!:love:

RAIXqut.jpg

from this angle you can see the difference of the fins machining. I love it too!:love:

Video:

Like other said, the new laser cap with the new tip is a bit loose, but after 3 bowl heat up, they feel like "paired up" now, deep inside very tight with each other:tup:

The new 7 fin tip and ti mp and laser cap will be my DD now, I will not save it as collection but I will use it as a part of my life:)

Good night:peace::zzz:

jds

I've received my LE 7-fin tip and ti mouthpiece today and finally built my monstrosity: the all-ti "Woody". It looks exactly like a Ti Omnivap from the outside, but has a spinning mouthpiece instead of a way to adjust airflow.

I am very happily using it now. It's as great as I imagined!

babaganush

Speaking of conversions, Ive directly or indirectly (friends introducing to friends) converted at least 5 people to vaping (or at least owning a vape for the first time) with the Vapcap. This device is just so simple and practical; no fuss at all which is what I noticed a lot of the combustion-only folks are turned off on. When they think of vapes, they think of charging batteries, plugs, long heat up times, setting up, maintenance, storage, etc. but when I pull out a Vapcap and a lighter, their whole imagination of what a vape can be is flipped upside down. Theyre always so confused at first, some even in denial, until they see clouds of vapor pouring out of my mouth, nose and ears.

Also I recieved my LE 7 fin tip, omni stem and spinning TI mp and I just cant stop spinning it. Pictures really dont do it justice, props to @paehtod for uploading a vid.

PuCssvf.jpg

UPfvLmh.jpg

Top Bottom