• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yeah. It is. Significant. On my M+, I can heat just above the dimples at a 90 degree angle and get a solid three hits, then another wispy hit usually, then I get cool down clicks. On the M7, it is truly five solid hits heating up and at a 45 degree angle on the bowl itself so the flame just catches the bottom of the cap. These have to be pretty back-to-back still but the M7 just retains heat much longer.

I also use a water piece more often than not, and it is so easy to make clouds. The difference through water feels a little less pronounced because I crank up the heat on my M+, and I find that I can get similar performance out of most of my tips through water. The M7XL with the adjustable airflow from the mouthpiece works GREAT with water, and even if you don't want/need the new tip, the mouthpiece and condenser is worth the $30 if you are looking to upgrade your experience.
Just pulled the trigger on the M7XL with the free M+ and also picked up a spare low temp cap since I don't have a spare. $168 CDN including shipping. That's a great deal.

A lot has changed in the dynaverse it seems since my 2021M and Omni tips. I tend to take longish draws and I can always get to the click in a single draw. I started this habit of drawing until the click because I found if I paused, the tip lost heat too quickly. Even the SS 2021M, which held heat better than the Omni, cooled too quickly if I tried to take a small pause between draws.

Not sure but it worked so well as two multi-hits that you'd think so. I don't think it would be the same quality of vapor over a longer time, though, but roastier hits over a similar amount of time?
Ok but does the flavor suffer for the sake of multiple roastier hits?

This deal is too good to pass up and I'm looking forward to trying them. I still haven't tried the helix tip or the perforated cap or armored cap. I'm a bit behind.

Btw, I only use an IH with my dynas (and my Couchlog too actually) so I hope the performance is similar to what you guys are finding with a torch.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Just pulled the trigger on the M7XL with the free M+ and also picked up a spare low temp cap since I don't have a spare. $168 CDN including shipping. That's a great deal.

A lot has changed in the dynaverse it seems since my 2021M and Omni tips. I tend to take longish draws and I can always get to the click in a single draw. I started this habit of drawing until the click because I found if I paused, the tip lost heat too quickly. Even the SS 2021M, which held heat better than the Omni, cooled too quickly if I tried to take a small pause between draws.
I saw George talking about the round area beneath the bowl as like a massive heat battery, essentially stabilizing the temp of the bowl for a longer period of time, and keeping heat out of the stem, I suppose like the Anvil's battery except much smaller. It seems to work pretty well.
Ok but does the flavor suffer for the sake of multiple roastier hits?
That's pretty much what I'm guessing is that the duration is essentially set by the amount of mass although it can be made hotter. I'm not sure if my reasoning is sound.
This deal is too good to pass up and I'm looking forward to trying them. Btw, I only use an IH with my dynas (and my Couchlog too actually) so I hope the performance is similar to what you guys are finding with a torch.
It's a great deal, they're both top-notch Dynas. I'm not sure about the difference with an IH, I will check it out with the Inductor and Flite vs torch, and also try to torch it harder. The move to finless bowls has blown my mind aesthetically but I have to say they both have been fantastic and the B's not bad either. I also really like the M+'s extra grippy bark and the new texture is pretty functional too in terms of torching. I used the M7 bowl on the Vong awhile ago and tended to get one big hit vs several direct hits through water. Hope they'll go up for sale separately. I don't want to oversell it but it's a pretty good M. : )

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I saw George talking about the round area beneath the bowl as like a massive heat battery, essentially stabilizing the temp of the bowl for a longer period of time, and keeping heat out of the stem, I suppose like the Anvil's battery except much smaller. It seems to work pretty well.
I'm hoping I'll find out 🤞
That's pretty much what I'm guessing is that the duration is essentially set by the amount of mass although it can be made hotter. I'm not sure if my reasoning is sound.
Not sure I follow you here... can you rephrase? Also, I'm high. 🤯
It's a great deal, they're both top-notch Dynas. I'm not sure about the difference with an IH, I will check it out with the Inductor and Flite vs torch, and also try to torch it harder. The move to finless bowls has blown my mind aesthetically but I have to say they both have been fantastic and the B's not bad either. I also really like the M+'s extra grippy bark and the new texture is pretty functional too in terms of torching. I used the M7 bowl on the Vong awhile ago and tended to get one big hit vs several direct hits through water. Hope they'll go up for sale separately. I don't want to oversell it but it's a pretty good M. : )
Hey that's good to hear and thanks for the good feedback! Makes me feel better about the purchase knowing you endorse it. 🙂

What are your thoughts on the nuances between the M+ and M7?

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: bellona0544

coolbreeze

I'm hoping I'll find out 🤞

Not sure I follow you here... can you rephrase? Also, I'm high. 🤯
From what I understood, they loaded mass under the bowl to hold heat both preventing most from running to the stem and instead feeding it into the bowl to keep it at temp longer. Like the Anvil, the battery stores extra heat energy that would just be slammed into the bowl (overheating it) and releases that into the bowl, equalizing the temp as the airflow cools the bowl, thus extending the time the bowl remains at temp. I assume the amount of time that the excess heat can be released stabilizing the bowl temp is dictated by the mass. I'd think you can also overheat the bowl and the mass and release a higher (but declining?) temperature into the bowl, perhaps for a slightly longer time. I'd guess that excess heat beyond the system's capacity would be shed at at an initially higher rate until it reaches the system's capacity. But then I'm stoned too!
Hey that's good to hear and thanks for the good feedback! Makes me feel better about the purchase knowing you endorse it. 🙂
I do appreciate the confidence, did I mention I'm high? ; )
What are your thoughts on the nuances between the M+ and M7?
Well, they both can hold a lot of heat and they both seem like a turn away from the less aggressive but agile and open '21 toward the older, hotter, tighter tips, although the M7 again seems to refine that to something more forgiving and open, maybe? It seems like they can't help but to produce well though I think the M+ may feel more aggressive while the M7 seems to stretch that heat into a longer period.

Still haven't gotten a one-heat M7 bowl yet but I'm inching in. In any case I think you'll enjoy them. I haven't really found much wrong about either and the XL M condenser i s really a cool, overdue option. I still really enjoy the '21s but As a more aggressive option, I like these better than the older tips, I think. One other thing they did was give the cap divots a space to click into on the bowl so the cap stays put and doesn't rattle.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
From what I understood, they loaded mass under the bowl to hold heat both preventing most from running to the stem and instead feeding it into the bowl to keep it at temp longer. Like the Anvil, the battery stores extra heat energy that would just be slammed into the bowl (overheating it) and releases that into the bowl, equalizing the temp as the airflow cools the bowl, thus extending the time the bowl remains at temp. I assume the amount of time that the excess heat can be released stabilizing the bowl temp is dictated by the mass.
Yup. Totally follow so far.
I'd think you can also overheat the bowl and the mass and release a higher (but declining?) temperature into the bowl, perhaps for a slightly longer time. I'd guess that excess heat beyond the system's capacity would be shed at at an initially higher rate until it reaches the system's capacity. But then I'm stoned too!
Ha! That's ok, I think what you say makes more sense now. Originally I thought you were saying the "extending time" the mass provides to keep the bowl hot was fixed even though you could overheat but as you say, overheating should lead to slightly longer "extending times".
I do appreciate the confidence, did I mention I'm high? ; )
Aren't we all? 😉
Well, they both can hold a lot of heat and they both seem like a turn away from the less aggressive but agile and open '21 toward the older, hotter, tighter tips, although the M7 again seems to refine that to something more forgiving and open, maybe? It seems like they can't help but to produce well though I think the M+ may feel more aggressive while the M7 seems to stretch that heat into a longer period.
Noted.
I still think like the earlier ones feel like blunt instruments in comparison. Again, I don't want to overstate and I'd love to hear some feedback from people who still really prefer the older tips.
Bold statement! But I'm really hoping this is true. I love my dynavaps but I felt the innovation had plateaued. I'm really hoping these new tips are better than my 2021M and Omni because I wasn't interested unless it was really a generational change.
Still haven't gotten a one-heat M7 bowl yet but I'm inching in.
Nice 🙂

TigoleBitties,

coolbreeze

I'm really hoping these new tips are better than my 2021M and Omni because I wasn't interested unless it was really a generational change.
To me the M+ seemed like a significant change, a refinement of the older, hotter tips as users were clamoring for more aggressive tips to compete with the heavier pens. Now the M7 seems like a refinement of that to less a one-hitter (Anvil) and more a toker (like the TAs). I still tell myself that I like the '21 tips more, but I've gravitated to these new ones more than I thought I would and they're both pretty great. The M+ and the Helix are mostly what I've been using over the past several months and the M7 is elbowing right in.

VapingYogi

I love my dynavaps but I felt the innovation had plateaued.
I have a collection of Dinovaps that hasn't got used in a while... the last tips I bought I just... one of them is unused (a 9-fin) and the M+ was packed into a tube and put away only a few days after it arrived.

Is this M7 truly innovative? or is it just a natural progression of slow, tiny, incremental changes to the tip that has added up to the M7?

I hate admitting that I am curious and would like to try it for old times sake... but I can't justify buying another tiny iteration of the same concept when I have never truly been satisfied with the ones I have.

To me the M+ seemed like a significant change
Just for argument's sake - to add a different point of view... I really don't feel like it was, it was just moving the thermal mass around, sure it reduced the need to spin but innovation is more a "wow" moment and I am not sure I'm seeing that.

Last edited:
To me the M+ seemed like a significant change, a refinement of the older, hotter tips as users were clamoring for more aggressive tips to compete with the heavier pens. Now the M7 seems like a refinement of that to less a one-hitter (Anvil) and more a toker (like the TAs). I still tell myself that I like the '21 tips more, but I've gravitated to these new ones more than I thought I would and they're both pretty great. The M+ and the Helix are mostly what I've been using over the past several months and the M7 is elbowing right in.
Just ordered the M7 with the M+ The DV website says that the M7 clicks in 5-7 seconds. Is that accurate?

BarspoonBill,

coolbreeze

I have a collection of Dinovaps that hasn't got used in a while... the last tips I bought I just... one of them is unused (a 9-fin) and the M+ was packed into a tube and put away only a few days after it arrived.
Did you not like them or were you just underwhelmed?
Is this M7 truly innovative? or is it just a natural progression of slow, tiny, incremental changes to the tip that have added up to the M7?
I think they are incremental, though George claims that specific design changes are aimed at certain ends which more or less bears out. What would innovative look like?
I hate admitting that I am curious and would like to try it for old times sake... but I can't justify buying another tiny iteration of the same concept when I have never truly been satisfied with the ones I have.
If you've never been really satisfied this may not do it for you either. But the tip might be worth a try for the heck of it; the rest of it is nice but the tip and the XL condenser are the meat.
Just for argument's sake - to add a different point of view... I really don't feel like it was, it was just moving the thermal mass around, sure it reduced the need to spin but innovation is more a "wow" moment and I am not sure I'm seeing that.
I think Dynavap works within its parameters as it defines them so there's only so much room to maneuver. But I do feel like lining up the Ms and trying them back-to-back would show steady refinement as you work your way through. Not everybody prefers a given stage in that refinement of course but I'm glad they never rested at the '18M.

Just ordered the M7 with the M+ The DV website says that the M7 clicks in 5-7 seconds. Is that accurate?
I wonder what they're using? My initial heating just now took about 25 seconds using a half-inch flame 2/3 down the cap and quick spin for multiple big puffs. Building heat slowly gives great results: larger production of better-quality vapor and more even AVB.

Last edited:

I think they are incremental, though George claims that specific design changes are aimed at certain ends which more or less bears out. What would innovative look like?

If you've never been really satisfied this may not do it for you either. But the tip might be worth a try for the heck of it; the rest of it is nice but the tip and the XL condenser are the meat.

I think Dynavap works within its parameters as it defines them so there's only so much room to maneuver. But I do feel like lining up the Ms and trying them back-to-back would show steady refinement as you work your way through. Not everybody prefers a given stage in that refinement of course but I'm glad they never rested at the '18M.

I wonder what they're using? My initial heating just now took about 25 seconds using a half-inch flame 2/3 down the cap and quick spin for multiple big puffs. Building heat slowly gives great results: larger production of better-quality vapor and more even AVB.
Yeah, thanks for the confirmation. I was skeptical that it could work that quickly. These new gen tips don’t require spinning I thought? Or is it that they perform better with a spin? I haven’t purchased a DV since the ‘21 M. If I like these I might have to pull the trigger on that helix tip I almost went for a few months back.

BarspoonBill,

VapingYogi

I love the concept of a manual device... and I love the ritual with a torch... when I first found a Dinovap I was so excited. I really loved the ritual and I would use it in between going and using something else, it was to sip on while I watched a show, but as soon as I wanted to get a real hit, I would go an use something else.

At this time I would see an new device, I would watch the videos and I would get sort of excited... is this one going to deliver the experience I have been craving? maybe this will make the ones I have defunct and this new one would be the experience I wanted. That just never happened, each time the experience was underwhelming but, I didn't have anything better.

At one stage I got sick of getting up *shakes head* my lazy painful body decided it didn't want to co-operate and getting up was a problem (thank god for a surgeons scalpel) so I ended up getting 4 or 5 of my collection of Dinovaps out at a time, all different ones, maybe one with an fmj, one with an armored cap, a bunch of variety... I would pack them all and then hit them back to back. That was the only way the get the sort of hit out of a Dinovap that I was looking for... but I enjoyed the ritual and couldn't get up and was SOOOO sick of the battery vapes I had... so I accepted that was the way and I kept rotating through them.

Eventually I found other devices that deliver an experience more like what I am looking for and I haven't gone back - that's a lie I pulled one out the other day and used it when someone was asking me about it.. it went back into the box and I messaged the guy back on Discord and said if he wants he can buy it off me as I know he was looking for one and I haven't touched them in months... I don't see it getting any use anymore.

I say all this and yet here I am, reading the thread, because I kind of hope to see something truly innovative, that pulls me back in, this just isn't it.

I think the M7 looks like a neat iteration. I would like to try it - but not enough to buy one - I know its not going to be what I am looking for and would only get used once or twice from curiosity.

That's the thing about innovation, you break the rules and rewrite them into something better. Not being willing to break the rules, choosing to only stay within the "parameters that [previously] define[d] them" leads to a feeling that innovation has been stifled.

The vault, to me, felt like an example of when innovation stalls... instead of bringing out something that makes people forget the previous offerings.... it felt like an attempted to protect the existing offerings, to make the old Dinovaps relevant again...

I want a Dynavap to make me forget about the old Dinovaps, for my jaw to drop and for me to feel like this new one has made the collection defunct, that would be a Dynavap I would happily fork out for - but it would have to be able to break some of the rules and be willing to re-write them for that to happen.

coolbreeze

Yeah, thanks for the confirmation. I was skeptical that it could work that quickly. These new gen tips don’t require spinning I thought? Or is it that they perform better with a spin? I haven’t purchased a DV since the ‘21 M. If I like these I might have to pull the trigger on that helix tip I almost went for a few months back.
They claimed that for the M+ and it sorta worked but it was pretty tough to keep the vapor quality decent, at least for me. I could get a one-roast bowl though by switching back and forth between the cap and the dots. I'm not sure they are promoting the M7 that way. In any case, you're right, they work best spun. With the M7 I think you're slowly heating the cap and allowing the mass below the bowl to soak up as much heat as possible which it then releases to keep the bowl at or near the temp it was at the click for a longer period. With a good heating the first heat will just keep releasing vapor hit after hit for quite a longer period than I've ever gotten with a Dynavap before, it's like 4 or 5 good, even hits before it needs a reheat. Consequently the bowl doesn't last for as many heatings, but it's like two big, full, multi-hit heatings per bowl on avg. To me it was noticeably different from the first heating and it seems to bear out with use.

The Helix is my favorite Ti tip I think, especially with the perforated cap. The bowl is more like the M7 in that the heat release seems less abrupt and results are usually very even, with flavor that lasts a little longer. Airflow is much better for going through water or dtl tokes. Some folks find that combo too airy, so take me with a grain or two, but I really like it. The key is getting the bowl slowly brought up to temp so that it'll pump vapor, and then drawing that off with open airflow is a dream.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
They claimed that for the M+ and it sorta worked but it was pretty tough to keep the vapor quality decent, at least for me. I could get a one-roast bowl though by switching back and forth between the cap and the dots. I'm not sure they are promoting the M7 that way. In any case, you're right, they work best spun. With the M7 I think you're slowly heating the cap and allowing the mass below the bowl to soak up as much heat as possible which it then releases to keep the bowl at or near the temp it was at the click for a longer period. With a good heating the first heat will just keep releasing vapor hit after hit for quite a longer period than I've ever gotten with a Dynavap before, it's like 4 or 5 good, even hits before it needs a reheat. Consequently the bowl doesn't last for as many heatings, but it's like two big, full, multi-hit heatings per bowl on avg. To me it was noticeably different from the first heating and it seems to bear out with use.

The Helix is my favorite Ti tip I think, especially with the perforated cap. The bowl is more like the M7 in that the heat release seems less abrupt and results are usually very even, with flavor that lasts a little longer. Airflow is much better for going through water or dtl tokes. Some folks find that combo too airy, so take me with a grain or two, but I really like it. The key is getting the bowl slowly brought up to temp so that it'll pump vapor, and then drawing that off with open airflow is a dream.
So compared to the helix tip m7 tip stays hot longer & gives more hits, but is it a lot more when used with similar caps and setup etc? Just talking about 1st heat up

Have you been able to get to this point with an induction heater, or is it strictly torch? I’ve had disappointing sessions with the Woodwynd using the wand.
Have you adjusted the depth that you put the tip into the Wand?

So compared to the helix tip m7 tip stays hot longer & gives more hits, but is it a lot more when used with similar caps and setup etc? Just talking about 1st heat up
I think so. The Helix is still my fave because that airflow and high convection ratio is hard to beat. The M7 is much better at retaining heat, still has good airflow, and is a stainless steel tip with all of the benefits and disadvantages.

coolbreeze

Have you been able to get to this point with an induction heater, or is it strictly torch? I’ve had disappointing sessions with the Woodwynd using the wand.
My wand doesn't see it, so it's 90% torching so far with the Flite probably next.

To me the first heatup seems remarkable. I'll have to try them both later and see if I can be more definitive. When I first got the Helix I was having a little trouble slowing it down enough to get more than one heating per bowl. Now the first hit is also pretty big but it sort of feels like a typical big, pushed DV hit where the M7 seems more like a normal hit that lasts longer., if that makes sense.

I think so. The Helix is still my fave because that airflow and high convection ratio is hard to beat. The M7 is much better at retaining heat, still has good airflow, and is a stainless steel tip with all of the benefits and disadvantages.
Neatly said.

I have my wand set up with the SK insert and all my other tips work in it so I just haven't felt pressed on it, tbh. I still torch them most of the time, with an IH mostly for TV time or breezy days outside.

I am torching a fair bit at this point too, @coolbreeze! I have the Wand set up with my SK insert at a depth I like for my Helix/perforated cap--works for other tips and caps just fine, although sometimes I will do a heat cycle (heat/cool on magnet til clicks) to get the tips to temp before actually drawing any air through to get a better first hit.

Wand use:
-Outside basically anywhere
-In the car (if someone else is driving of course)
-When I first give a Vapcap to a friend
-Late at night when I don't want to wake my wife up with the torch hiss
-Seshes in front of the TV with friends and partners where I want the ritual of four heat cycles for one half bowl
-Anytime I am using my perforated cap

Torch use:
-85% or so of hits through water, meaning stainless tips
-Anytime I am going for a OHE
-When I prepare a hit for a friend and want to smack them
-Concentrates (rare--my Peak Pro sees much more use for concentrates)

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Of course, should have remembered the difference in material stainless vs titanium is still there. Helix tip sounds nice too, thanks!
Now the first hit is also pretty big but it sort of feels like a typical big, pushed DV hit where the M7 seems more like a normal hit that lasts longer., if that makes sense.
Actually makes sense, I think I understand exactly thanks :lol: i think only a vaper would understand though

coolbreeze

I am torching a fair bit at this point too, @coolbreeze! I have the Wand set up with my SK insert at a depth I like for my Helix/perforated cap--works for other tips and caps just fine, although sometimes I will do a heat cycle (heat/cool on magnet til clicks) to get the tips to temp before actually drawing any air through to get a better first hit.

Wand use:
-Outside basically anywhere
-In the car (if someone else is driving of course)
-When I first give a Vapcap to a friend
-Late at night when I don't want to wake my wife up with the torch hiss
-Seshes in front of the TV with friends and partners where I want the ritual of four heat cycles for one half bowl
-Anytime I am using my perforated cap

Torch use:
-85% or so of hits through water, meaning stainless tips
-Anytime I am going for a OHE
-When I prepare a hit for a friend and want to smack them
-Concentrates (rare--my Peak Pro sees much more use for concentrates)
Well put! I tend to go for IH after bedtime, too (I get complaints about the clicking rather than the wooshing). I do like it for hash, but I probably use it more often with the Woodscents than the cap for that.
only a vaper would understand though
We've been through the fire and back, man! ; )

coolbreeze,

That is all very good to know. I generally don’t care for the Ti tips. They seem more punchy and produce vapor much more quickly and I always seem to kind of choke on it initially because it’s so much so fast. I’ll see how these new Ms grab me. More airflow is always good. I bought the Dani specifically because of the open airflow as my DVs chug my bong like crazy. Excited to receive the new models!

coolbreeze

That is all very good to know. I generally don’t care for the Ti tips. They seem more punchy and produce vapor much more quickly and I always seem to kind of choke on it initially because it’s so much so fast. I’ll see how these new Ms grab me. More airflow is always good. I bought the Dani specifically because of the open airflow as my DVs chug my bong like crazy. Excited to receive the new models!
Hope you like it!

coolbreeze,
If you are interested, the sale going on to get the M+ included is great! I do NOT condone impulse purchases and please make sure that you can actually afford the device without damaging your finances. If you have the extra $25, the M7XL has the condenser and mouthpiece assembly which can be used on and Dynavap stem that takes condensers, so you can try the variable airflow on both the M7 and M+.

coolbreeze

I love the concept of a manual device... and I love the ritual with a torch... when I first found a Dinovap I was so excited. I really loved the ritual and I would use it in between going and using something else, it was to sip on while I watched a show, but as soon as I wanted to get a real hit, I would go an use something else.
Yeah, it's great for adding a conduction layer to the convection high from like your ball vape. I get what you're saying, though. I usually get pretty high with them and tend to use them to supplement convection more than the other way around, but I do understand that people generally want a big hit. I think I am probably more satisfied in the hit I can get using technique than other folks are. Some I think just want a quick, reliable, repeatable hit and futzing with technique they find tiresome or at least too inconvenient--certainly can't blame them there. Others I think are just on the path but not quite there yet and when they are they will feel differently. And others still just never really get on with it despite a desire and a willingness to give it a good try.
At this time I would see an new device, I would watch the videos and I would get sort of excited... is this one going to deliver the experience I have been craving? maybe this will make the ones I have defunct and this new one would be the experience I wanted. That just never happened, each time the experience was underwhelming but, I didn't have anything better.
For me the DV ('18M) was my first daily vape (I had a DBV but only got it out to party with) and so it kind of set my expectations. I think I got on with it right away more or less and was pretty satisfied with vaping as I knew it (I'd come from a dugout/bat and bong hits most recently). When I got a '19M I was like, "ok, so this gets even better!" and then from there that's more or less been my experience: it worked for me pretty much immediately, it got incrementally better over the years as I got incrementally better at heating them. I do not see them as the best vape ever, but even with an Anvil, some heavy glass vapes, and the TA, ballvapes, etc. they still have a secure daily spot; I use them in and out of my other vapes over the course of the day and I enjoy them now more than ever, I think.
At one stage I got sick of getting up *shakes head* my lazy painful body decided it didn't want to co-operate and getting up was a problem (thank god for a surgeons scalpel) so I ended up getting 4 or 5 of my collection of Dinovaps out at a time, all different ones, maybe one with an fmj, one with an armored cap, a bunch of variety... I would pack them all and then hit them back to back. That was the only way the get the sort of hit out of a Dinovap that I was looking for... but I enjoyed the ritual and couldn't get up and was SOOOO sick of the battery vapes I had... so I accepted that was the way and I kept rotating through them.

Eventually I found other devices that deliver an experience more like what I am looking for and I haven't gone back - that's a lie I pulled one out the other day and used it when someone was asking me about it.. it went back into the box and I messaged the guy back on Discord and said if he wants he can buy it off me as I know he was looking for one and I haven't touched them in months... I don't see it getting any use anymore.
Fair enough. I've never really had any issue getting high from them, even times when my tolerance is really high. I can sit and do back-to-back bowls but I never really needed to.

I think I've sort of naturally pursued variety once I tried a brick and found how different it was. But even understanding that a brick could really give a heady wallop beyond the DV's ability didn't make them less fun or useful to me, really, I just mixed the Brick in! I'm kind of the same with the heavy pens: got an Anvil and love it (still love my DVs), got a Quartz Cap and love it (and my DVs), and a couple TAs that I am enjoying immensely, but I still love my DVs. What are the other devices you like better?
I say all this and yet here I am, reading the thread, because I kind of hope to see something truly innovative, that pulls me back in, this just isn't it.
I sincerely hope that comes along. This would be more incremental.
I think the M7 looks like a neat iteration. I would like to try it - but not enough to buy one - I know its not going to be what I am looking for and would only get used once or twice from curiosity.

That's the thing about innovation, you break the rules and rewrite them into something better. Not being willing to break the rules, choosing to only stay within the "parameters that [previously] define[d] them" leads to a feeling that innovation has been stifled.
I agree as far as it goes. I think they define a DV as a quick heating and cooling device engineered for the best performance they could get in a pocketable manual, with the cap restricting the time and amount to what would roast most optimally. That dictates bowl size to a large degree and also roasting technique and method. It may be possible to push the bowl and cap size to some small increase without affecting manual torch heated vapor quality but that's probably narrow. They could also go with a bigger bowl and heated-mass cap, but who needs another when the ones out there are so well done already?
The vault, to me, felt like an example of when innovation stalls... instead of bringing out something that makes people forget the previous offerings.... it felt like an attempted to protect the existing offerings, to make the old Dinovaps relevant again...
To be fair, people clamor for the earlier DVs so why not sell remaining stock? If i'd been lusting after an Omni for years and one showed up in the Vault, there would be no qualms on my part whatsoever. I wouldn't blame Sticky Bricks if they ran a special OG with the hole, just for the fun (and sales) of it. But the Vault also opened as new products continued to be updated or upgraded or introduced.
I want a Dynavap to make me forget about the old Dinovaps, for my jaw to drop and for me to feel like this new one has made the collection defunct, that would be a Dynavap I would happily fork out for - but it would have to be able to break some of the rules and be willing to re-write them for that to happen.
I do too! It's a lot to ask from a Dynavap, though. ; )

But seriously, I wonder if they should abandon the cap? I don't think I would buy a DV that takes significantly longer to heat or cool, as that's a problem I need solved. I mean, I would buy it if it turned out to be a better Anvil, I guess, but I'd have to keep my old DVs to cover their use case anyhow. ; )

I appreciate your willingness to engage on this because I really wonder what people think about when they ask for a better Dynavap. In my (admittedly uncharitable) mind I always hear that as, "they should build a vape that doesn't do what a Dynavap does, but does do what another vape does."

But I think you've hit on something really significant: a strong desire to want to love a Dynavap even if it has not and may never really hit that spot for you. I hope that's not the case, I get a good bit of enjoyment from them and I'd really wish that for you, too. : )

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have pretty eclectic tastes in vapes but I think dynavaps will always have a place in my rotation. I've only every used a Wand with them so perhaps I'm missing out on the full experience but I love what they bring.

I love the cigarette format. The indestructibility. All the trappings associated with smoking. For me it scratches that itch. I almost always puff slightly while heating with the Wand to get all that low temp goodness. That's one thing that's harder to pull off with a torch.

For me it's like re-lighting a cigar as I puff and wait for that click. The click comes really quickly and evenly with the Wand, like a match to a cigar. These are the things I've enjoyed about the dynavap ecosystem. They slap. they're easy to load and easy to use and reliable.

The last "dynavap" I acquired before my purchase of the current M7 deal was a glass dynavap compatible stem from PTGlass that I used with a low-temp cap. When I bought my Couchlog they once again had a new way to be used. They're great.

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: coolbreeze
Top Bottom