Dynavap VapCap ti 7 fin, 4th gen. Tip (possibly updated)

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings everyone!

First off, thank you for your patience as we work through our challenges with our first limited run. The response was more than we expected, and has therefore caused multiple challenges.
That said, we take our work and our customer service very seriously, so we will very likely be retooling our machine for another run of these tips.
Our goal this time would be to make enough, so everyone can have what they are looking for. This does not mean they will be available indefinitely, but considering everyone now knows if they want one or two, we will see if we can come up with a better way to organize the reservations to avoid this type of disappointment moving forward. I hope this helps. Please give me a few days to assemble all of the specifics of how we think we can best address everything.

Thank you again for your support!

George

szai

Greetings everyone!

First off, thank you for your patience as we work through our challenges with our first limited run. The response was more than we expected, and has therefore caused multiple challenges.
That said, we take our work and our customer service very seriously, so we will very likely be retooling our machine for another run of these tips.
Our goal this time would be to make enough, so everyone can have what they are looking for. This does not mean they will be available indefinitely, but considering everyone now knows if they want one or two, we will see if we can come up with a better way to organize the reservations to avoid this type of disappointment moving forward. I hope this helps. Please give me a few days to assemble all of the specifics of how we think we can best address everything.

Thank you again for your support!

George

Well you've triggered my vas hard George!

I'm pretty ambivalent about my feelings in this.

szai,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I meant to put this here rather than in the main thread.

The new LE 7 Fin (w/Ti MP) surrounded by the original 7 Fin and the 5 Fin.

D2w9SMm.jpg

Summer

Long Island, NY
Nice pic @cybrguy. Can't wait until mine arrive next week. And I'm hoping for a purple envelope. :)

Logic is the enemy of VAS.

You just have to put this quote in your signature.

I can see George is definitely a perfectionist and I think he may also be conservative financially.

George financially conservative? IMO, no, with what I've witnessed on the thread, I think George is extremely generous -- maybe to a fault. For example, take free shipping. The shipping cost includes the cost of those beautiful, sturdy envelopes, the cost of labels, ink/toner for the printing of those labels, printer maintenance & the cost of the shipping itself. So with free shipping he's eating these costs & even more so with the cost of international shipping. And how about all the gratuitous replacements (& the cost of shipping) he sends to members when they have issues, real or perceived. Look at this new 7-fin. A 5-fin costs $40. He upped the price to $45 because of the intensive machining he did on the new tip. IMO, with the additional fins & intricacy of the machine cutting/design, I think that they should have been priced at $55. I don't think $15 more for this tip is unreasonable. Make no mistake, I'm not saying this as a fan-girl. A small business owner works 14 hours a day & is the one, solely, worrying about his overhead costs. He needs to make enough money not only to meet his overhead costs & draw a living wage, but to to expand his business by investing in (expensive) equipment and, as such, he should be able to make an income commensurate with his time investment & the fact that he's providing jobs.

Listen, I'm not looking to open up a debate here fellow members. This is just my :2c: that I wanted to share.

So I really have no idea what drives o-ring changes and I have also wondered about this.

I don't even know what the gray o-rings are made of. The old red ones were silicone & I think the black ones are/were vitron. But regardless, based on what I said above, I for one do not think that George would switch o-rings as a cost factor if he felt that their performance was substandard. We all know that George takes tremendous pride in the products he produces. @Ed's TnT uses silicone o-rings & @Winegums, said:

I prefer the silicone rings as they don't flatten out with the repeated heat cycles, high temperatures, and static loading. They're also far more resistant to abrasion than the Viton and Buna-N because they remain pliable and don't harden over time.

Last edited:

Kalessin

Got my limited edition tip today. It is fantastic. I only had gen 2 and 3 tips previously and wow. The increased airflow is amazing. I can comfortably hit it the whole heat cycle fully carbed now. It looks beautiful too, I like the look more than I thought I would. Seems to extract faster than my gen 3 without going down as far on the cap ( down as in mouthpiece end @Summer ;p )

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
So just incase i missed anything, the whole thread was a stroke off waste of time interest gauge....that regardless of dibs or signing up with dv or any other action really, ended up with basically no one getting the requested amounts and in reality, it seems only a small fraction of the people in the thread were able to secure any......

No salt towards anyone here as this is all courtesy effort on their part, but damn DV......really??? , with as much communication was claimed to be going on, we seem to be left in the wind with hopes, anticipation and sadly gypsy tears and a sorry for ya not refreshing our webpage daily I guess. If I'm wrong on any of this feel free to correct me as I'm genuinely putting this all together from a few pages of posts.

and yes i see DVs sorry post, still thumbs down from me

ensabbahnur,

Kalessin

So just incase i missed anything, the whole thread was a stroke off waste of time interest gauge....that regardless of dibs or signing up with dv or any other action really, ended up with basically no one getting the requested amounts and in reality, it seems only a small fraction of the people in the thread were able to secure any......

No salt towards anyone here as this is all courtesy effort on their part, but damn DV......really??? , with as much communication was claimed to be going on, we seem to be left in the wind with hopes, anticipation and sadly gypsy tears and a sorry for ya not refreshing our webpage daily I guess. If I'm wrong on any of this feel free to correct me as I'm genuinely putting this all together from a few pages of posts.

and yes i see DVs sorry post, still thumbs down from me
I feel like it could have been handled better but I realize manufacturing these things can be difficult and with it breaking their equipment I understand them not getting to the full run. I got mine so maybe that makes me less inclined to be upset, but in my mind I'm more grateful they are even willing to do such things. I don't know of many companies willing to do a one off production cycle of a niche item like this that they probably didn't even make any money off of once you consider the equipment they had to replace, and even now they're still planning to make more and try to make it right later

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
After a couple days with the LE7F tip I have to say I regret buying it. There's a 75-80% chance the cap will fall off during a session and usually right after heating. I think too much material was removed from the fin section by running the helix all the way down and making the fins sharp. I put a caliper on my 5th gen Ti and it measures 0.370 top and fin section while the LE7F tip measures 0.370 at the top but only 0.354 to 0.350 in the fin section. There is no performance difference between the LE7F and the 5th gen Ti so I find no reason to keep using it. If this had been my first VC purchase it would have been my last...

Last edited:
bizwaxzion,
Reactions: Hogni

Dustydurban

After a couple days with the LE7F tip I have to say I regret buying it. There's a 75-80% chance the cap will fall off during a session and usually right after heating. I think too much material was removed from the fin section by running the helix all the way down and making the fins sharp. I put a caliper on my 5th gen Ti and it measures 0.370 top and fin section while the LE7F tip measures 0.370 at the top but only 0.354 to 0.350 in the fin section. There is no performance difference between the LE7F and the 5th gen Ti so I find no reason to keep using it. If this had been my first VC purchase it woudl have been my last...

I'm sure someone will buy it off ya
All of mine work just about the same also
This one just is better looking than some of my "homely" ones
She's a looker

Squiby

There's a 75-80% chance the cap will fall off during a session and usually right after heating.

Caps can be loose with all the tip models. I find it best to mate a cap with a tip and adjust the cap to fit the tip.

Caps can be adjusted to fit looser or tighter by removing the cap from the tip and squeezing the cap between your fingers, at the bottom of the cap, near the digger outer. Squeeze gently but deliberately to bring the cap slightly out of round. Test for fit and adjust more as required.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
@Squiby - thanks, but I've been using my M and Omni for just short of a year and I've never had a cap fall off during use. I get that I can squeeze a cap to make it fit tigher and the new cap I got with the LE7F has been squeezed visible out of round by the folks at Dynavap - but that cap also falls off. The LE7F might look cool - but, IMO, function is not on par with the DV product line. For me, the LE7F is only useable in an upright orientation like in a water tool.

bizwaxzion,

Quint

Caps can be loose with all the tip models. I find it best to mate a cap with a tip and adjust the cap to fit the tip.

Caps can be adjusted to fit looser or tighter by removing the cap from the tip and squeezing the cap between your fingers, at the bottom of the cap, near the digger outer. Squeeze gently but deliberately to bring the cap slightly out of round. Test for fit and adjust more as required.

Same, I have a dozen caps/tips and they all seem to have a unique fit.

I usually roll the entire cap between my fingers applying pressure right in the middle. That way the bottom doesn't bow out but it grips better. If that doesn't work, you can even mildly bend the digger tool part inwards as well.

ray_b

Also the same for me, of my five VapCaps each cap is subtly different. I too mate a cap with a tip and then don't mix them up. When my Nonavong XL was new from the factory the cap would easily fall off. I just adjusted the fit of the cap and the XL works great.

I bought a new cap to go with the LE 7 fin tip and the cap fits perfectly, no adjustment needed. The new 7 fin tip and cap are now installed on a second Nonavong XL.

I originally signed up for two of the LE 7 fin tips but I only bought one and I don't plan on buying another one. The LE 7 fin looks great and seems to perform the same as my current generation 5 fin tip. I don't regret the purchase, I just don't need a second one now that I see what it is.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
After using it most of last night I have to say that the LE7fin I have seems to perform VERY SLIGHTLY better than my other tips, but it is so slightly that it isn't really meaningful. I think the better performance may be tied to the caps fitting a little more loosely.
It IS pretty, however, and that is a plus, but not one that would lead me to choose it over a regular 7fin or the current 5fin. I am good with having just the one. YMMV

Kalessin

My new LE tip definitely dissipates heat a lot better than my gen 3 7 fin, I can grab my new tip by the fins right after a cool down click with no real discomfort just a slight heat on my finger tips. If I tried that with my old one I would regret it for days. As far as the cap not fitting, mine was loose-ish when I got it, but all the caps I've had have fit differently and I had no difficulty squeezing my cap into shape. I've been using it all day and it's not a problem at all. Loose enough to remove with a magnet, tight enough to hang from the magnet if I'm not applying pulling force

Kalessin

(sorry for the double post, too late to add to my last) So I'm behind but have the tips had a scalloped bowl rim on the inside since gen 3? I noticed I was having a much easier time sucking and scooping my herb into it and looked closely at the edges and it is thinned and sloped very slightly which I think is helping it cut down into my packed herb compartment better

Edit: I am also having more trouble tapping my abv OUT of the tip though. I can't remember if that's a problem I've had with all new tips initially and I just need to wait for it to break in or what

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So many factors. Strain, grind, amount of heat applied and how fast could all contribute to ABV not wanting to tap out. If not fully exhausted it will cling to itself too. I like to tap it out in my hand and suck it back in at least once. Feels nice and warm in my hand.

Vapcap2

Company Rep
Hey everyone,

My name is Joe! I am the Retail Account Representative over at DynaVap. I answer all e-mails at the info@dynavap address, and am most likely, at the moment, the one filling your order too as they are placed. (Go easy on me! I was only recently hired and have been employed by DynaVap for almost exactly a month now, so I am still learning on many fronts but promise I am doing my best to give each of your e-mails personal thought and attention. We really strive for excellent customer service at DynaVap, and so putting myself in your shoes is what I try my best to excel at every day.)

I know that this situation has been frustrating for everyone, and we have been doing our best to make enough tips to make them available for the people who requested one in this thread. I have private messaged everyone who asked for one. If you have already ordered one, and are happy with your new tip, then you can disregard the PM. Everyone at Dynavap and I have been working very hard this past week to try and come up with a solution for this unfortunate situation, but I have faith that as we work through it step by step, all will be well that ends well :). We would like to apologize again for the way that this was handled, and really appreciate your patronage, patience, and understanding while we rectify what has been done.

For more information or if you have any further questions, you can always contact me at info@dynavap.com

I look forward to getting everyone their tips!

Thanks so much for everything and your continued enthusiasm about our VapCaps!

-Joe

Top Bottom