• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dynavap VapCap ti 7 fin, 4th gen. Tip (possibly updated)

analytika

I reached a resolution with the company after a few emails.

They were courteous and bent over backwards, and apologized for the first email.

Given the hands on nature of the fix, I suggest that parties here never informed that these products had come to market who missed them (the "reservation" having no effect) communicate with the company directly to get access to product.

Glad they're making this right.

"But nice to see that the guys from DV also are just humans....no gods...no geniusses" hehe nice

Last edited:

MAbud

I don’t get why we weren’t informed earlier that this wasn’t a pre order. There was lots of time for them to post a message letting us know. There’s at least three Dynavap employees on the forum who can keep us updated.

Couldn’t agree more. Really poorly handled all around

MAbud,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Perhaps DV makes a new batch in face of this "mishap" for reputation's sake?
Guess there is more demand than of those of this thread who missed the sale aside of those who intended to order more than one tip.

Hogni,

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
George posted to order 1 tip to give everyone a chance to get one. Either they didn't have many or people ordered more than one.

cpk,

Quint

jcWPESR.jpg

New 7-fin vs old. The machining is flawless, no sharp edges it's all very smooth.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I read some folks arranged to get more than one. It is too bad that happened if some who wanted one didn't get one. If I understand what George said the new design was destructive to his equipment, and if that is so it makes sense that he didn't want to keep producing them. He only increased the price for them by $5. If he would have to double the price to recover his costs to produce them would folks be willing to pay that?

Probably not, I would think. especially because we don't know if it performs better. Lets keep in mind that George doing a favor for us (this tip was our idea) shouldn't cost him money.

This is just speculation but is worth considering I would think.

Quint

I read some folks arranged to get more than one. It is too bad that happened if some who wanted one didn't get one. If I understand what George said the new design was destructive to his equipment, and if that is so it makes sense that he didn't want to keep producing them. He only increased the price for them by $5. If he would have to double the price to recover his costs to produce them would folks be willing to pay that?

Probably not, I would think. especially because we don't know if it performs better. Lets keep in mind that George doing a favor for us (this tip was our idea) shouldn't cost him money.

This is just speculation but is worth considering I would think.

Performance is virtually identical, there's a tiny bit more airflow due to ever so slightly deeper groves on the sides of the bowl but it's barely perceptible. It does sit on my Ed's WS a bit more snugly than my older generation 7fin tips though which is nice.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I've found the airflow to be a bit more than my current Ti tip. It also seems to be slightly smaller in diameter as my existing caps fall off the end if I'm not paying attention.

Last edited:
bizwaxzion,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
The caps that I've been using with my M and Omni are loose enough on the LE7F tip that they have fallen off and I've almost torched the uncapped end. I know I can squish the caps a bit to get them to cling on a bit better - but this has not been required on either of my other tips.

edit: I just realized my previous post said 'tips' fell off, but I meant the caps fall off. Previous post edited.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Sorry, wasn't reading for comprehension. I have 3 caps that have all had to be squeezed significantly out-of-round for my 3 gen 5 tips in order to fit snuggly, otherwise they were too loose.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It does sit on my Ed's WS a bit more snugly than my older generation 7fin tips though which is nice.
New orings might be a factor. Looks like these have the new grey ones.
It also seems to be slightly smaller in diameter as my existing caps fall off the end if I'm not paying attention.
Could also be that the new tip fins are cut sharper, meaning less surface area to contact the cap so less friction. I have only seen pictures so that's a guess but seems logical.

szai

New orings might be a factor. Looks like these have the new grey ones.

Could also be that the new tip fins are cut sharper, meaning less surface area to contact the cap so less friction. I have only seen pictures so that's a guess but seems logical.

I feel like such a dweeb asking this but I must. New grey orings? What's the difference?

szai,
Reactions: steama

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Each of the orings are made of a different material with slightly different properties. The black ones are viton, I think, and the orange ones silicone. They may "squish" (tech term) differently, or lube differently or whatever. The grey ones are the newest and I haven't played with them yet. The ones I have extras of are the black ones.

They will break down over time depending on how much you clean so you should consider them consumables and have some extras. Or not. :)

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I source a few parts myself and they are usually o-rings. I have found buying the right o-rings can be a little difficult. More than a few times I have ordered the wrong o-ring for one reason or another, but the next order I usually get right.
I have been extremely tempted to order a bunch from the place that I think @stardustsailor found. This is the one my finger has been hovering over, mostly because I think it's the one George sells. http://www.oringsandmore.com/viton-fkm-o-ring-6-x-1mm-price-for-25-pcs/

This is especially funny given that I haven't yet had to replace any orings and I already have 5 (or is it 10) as backup. It's just that OCD "You might need them" thing happenin, but it's not much money so WTF... :rolleyes:

virtualpurple

Well, I just got too absorbed in school the last few weeks. Like others I thought we were essentially reserving a tip or mouthpiece depending on the thread.

Disappointed, but dynavap us a great company and if these were harmful to their equipment somehow to produce than I can understand not wanting to produce them further.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have a feeling that while this tip is kinda cool looking, the practical difference between it and a standard 7 fin or even the 5 fin are going to be real small if not negligible.

But as I showed above, logic may well not be the operative factor in whether we want it or not. It is only one of many possible factors. :)

Top Bottom