Dynavap VapCap ti 7 fin, 4th gen. Tip (possibly updated)

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
What are you expecting? Fan-boyism at the VC thread is nearly fanatic religious. Any kind of critic on DV is nearly heretically and you have to reckon being burned online as a heretic. Fear is death of open words.
Ok, ok I already don my heretic shirt ready to be burned....:evil:

Summer

Long Island, NY
What are you expecting? Fan-boyism at the VC thread is nearly fanatic religious. Any kind of critic on DV is nearly heretically and you have to reckon being burned online as a heretic. Fear is death of open words.
Ok, ok I already don my heretic shirt ready to be burned....:evil:
goofs.gif

@MAbud, I went back to read the post your referenced & before I found it I vaguely recalled it because I once had a CS issue. I always say when you're in a customer service position "post-its are your friend." ;) In re-reading your post, which btw, I 'liked' at the time, I don't think that they were obligated to offer you any compensation, but it would have been nice if they offered free ship or a 10% discount or at the very least threw a little something into your package for your inconvenience. As far as shipping is concerned, 3 or 4 days is not unreasonable &, personally, I would give a business 5 - 7 whole business days before I would contact them. Then, if I didn't a timely response to my query that day or next, I would lean on them. The lighter's another matter. If they had them in stock I would expect it to shipped out that day or the next as receipt of a defective item inconveniences you. :2c:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yeah baby, give it hard to me! :bang:

THAT emoji we need here implemented for sure. It would be one of my favourite ones :D

Please mods!

Hogni,
Reactions: Summer

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Very disappointed. Thought this thread - as announced - is a poll + pre-order. And now we have to order like any other one? Just one? I can't see any problems when counting the "pre-orders" here and add x ones for public sale.
I would have to wake up in the middle of the night here in Germany to order in time. No way, probably I'm not fan-boyish enough as the most of you here , although I already have ordered DV stuff worth a grand - have fun!
This along with the design change and $5 increase might leave quite a few people disappointed if they were expecting to buy multiple 4th Gen tips. Not everyone checks the dynavap thread every day, watches the live streams or is following this thread. This also includes those that wanted a mouth piece. :shrug:
....we will coordinate with everyone here via PM to make sure these get to those who signed up first...
A lot are likely expecting a PM or an email from Dynavap as their notification and will miss out.

As much as I like Dynavap, I think this was handled poorly and the tips should be offered first to those who signed up. Turning what was essentially pre-order stock into limited time publicly available stock is pretty much a 180 flip as far as retail goes. That's out of our control though and nothing was 100% guaranteed.

Last edited:

Squiby

I wonder if there’s any sound speculation or knowledge about the performance of the 7-Fin tip vs the titanium 5-fin? What are the differences?

I have all the ti tip versions. The difference in performance, for me, was when the outsource contracts ended and George began making tips in-house. I believe that the 4th and 5th generation tips were made inhouse. The changes that seemed to make the leap in improved performance were the wider, deeper and increased number of channels and the inner tip ridges that enabled 3 bowl adjustments.

I terms of performance, I am unable to tell the difference between the 4th generation 7 fin ti tip and the 5th generation 5 fin ti tip. They are both wonderful tips and both are a significant improvement over the earlier models.

I prefer the 7 fin tips because I find them more aesthetically pleasing. I also like the look of the finely tipped fins of the new limited edition. I think it's groovy. Will it give us better performance? It's hard to imagine, but I suppose it's possible.

If nothing else this new limited edition tip, is a tip. And I need another tip. It looks cool and it will work great and the there are not a lot of them so they'll be sure to become a collectors item and they're another piece of LEGO to play with.

Exactly. I know people generally seem pleased with @VapCap service. But I don’t see it. I’m repeatedly disappointed. I even posted about my experiences in the main thread and of course nobody responded
I also went back and re-read your post. I'm not sure your expectations were all together reasonable regarding the stash. I mean even you said that after discovering the stash was a regular sized model, you still choose to purchase.

You were very specific about the type of responses you were looking for. I didn't respond because I didn't have anything constructive to offer you.

For the other deficiencies, you were doing everything I would have suggested. You contacted them, called them out through your post and I assumed by that, that if George or his team dropped the ball, he would make things right.

Did you ever receive a replacement lighter?

PlutoPlus

Just saw the livestream and you can order the tips now, but expect 2 weeks for them to ship them out, because they want to make sure everyone who wants one gets one - so basically, they'll probably gonna make them to order... (*edit* at least the amount that exceeds the reservations...)

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Just saw the livestream and you can order the tips now, but expect 2 weeks for them to ship them out, because they want to make sure everyone who wants one gets one - so basically, they'll probably gonna make them to order...

Nope, George had approx. 77% of the reserved quantities produced before his machine needed to be re-tooled. And that's a fact! :nod:

MAbud

Did you ever receive a replacement lighter?

Nope. I most certainly didn’t.

Sorry if I wasn’t more clear in my earlier post for you and @Summer. I meant I never received any type of response or follow up from Dynavap. I didn’t mean from other FC members

MAbud,

babaganush

In case anyone is wondering, you are able to order multiple 7 fin tips if you want, I confirmed this with George. Its only limited in the time they are offering this, not in order quantity. Just dont expect your order to ship for 2 weeks.

Squiby

I most certainly didn’t.

I never received any type of response or follow up from Dynavap.

But you said they contacted you three times....

On top of that I received a defective Tron lighter. I have been told on 3 separate occasions that a replacement would be sent to me, and that has yet to happen.

There may be a possibility that something slipped through the cracks. Maybe @Arielle.Dynavap can help you.

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings,

Thank you everyone for your patience with our learning curve on many fronts tonight.
Yes, the 7 fin tips will be available for everyone, especially those who were willing to participate in this thread. We will make sure you can get one if you want one. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

George

analytika

I had an email from you just **this morning*** that said I am S.O.L. regardless of being in this thread.

What's's going on?

"The FC combustion thread was actually supposed to be just a gauge of interest for the 7-fin tip. I understand that it was confusing, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the 7 fin tips sold out very fast, so I will not be able to get you one. Hope this helps, and sorry again."

Greetings,

Thank you everyone for your patience with our learning curve on many fronts tonight.
Yes, the 7 fin tips will be available for everyone, especially those who were willing to participate in this thread. We will make sure you can get one if you want one. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

George

Last edited:
analytika,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I had an email from you just **this morning*** that said I am S.O.L. regardless of being in this thread.

What's's going on?

"The FC combustion thread was actually supposed to be just a gauge of interest for the 7-fin tip. I understand that it was confusing, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the 7 fin tips sold out very fast, so I will not be able to get you one. Hope this helps, and sorry again."
I don’t get why we weren’t informed earlier that this wasn’t a pre order. There was lots of time for them to post a message letting us know. There’s at least three Dynavap employees on the forum who can keep us updated.

Top Bottom