Dreamwood Glow

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
CS was GREAT during the sale however.
Ha that most crucial phases of customer service :ninja:

I'm sorry you had a shit time with them, looked at the thread and yeah, kinda sucks how that one turned out...

I also have some issues with the 14 units but those are covered I this thread, not many seem impressed with the 14.
18 is solid and I wish the company provided better CS.

I received my 14, definitely like it. I'm just a huge sucker for the whole wood craftsmanship, it's not gonna be the best or most vaporizer in the world with a design as simple as that, but if it is reasonably consistent and made like that I'm down.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't have a Glow yet, but from reading this thread, the consensus is that any 510 box mod with at least 80W of power should work fine. The Vapefly Kriemhild is 200W, so that's plenty.

I've read that when steel coils glow, which does happen with the DW Glow, there could be small particles flaking off. As far as I know, it doesn't need to actually boil in order to leech. (I know, for example, that it's bad to cook tomato sauce in steel pots, because the acidity causes the steel to leech out.) Either way I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Thanks! Does this apply to both the standard glass MP and the glass cooling stems?

After I ordered a Smoant Charon Mini and some batteries, I realized the Glow 18 is sold out at VGOODIEZ and mostly sold out at Dreamwood. Does anybody know when they'll be restocking?

What is the difference between the various types of wood? Is it mostly aesthetic? Which one tastes the most neutral? Which one is the most durable?

I'm thinking I might get the cheapest basic Walnut one with only the glass MP, since the wood ones require o-rings, for $110 when it comes back in stock, unless there's a functional improvement in the more expensive woods or it'll take months to restock.

FYI for glass stems that require o-rings, the o-ring is completely on the outside out of the vapor and air path, so I don't know why it is a concern for you? Likewise with the wooden mouthpieces that have it...

That being said the ground glass connection with the 18 is similar to what Splinter and iHeat rely on for their stems... Can't really go wrong.

Also the name Glow refer specifically to the kanthal coils which are the standard configuration, supposedly a metal material that is safe to glow constantly... If you use your own steel coils, that would be to configure temp control, where they would not be glowing...

Finally regarding wood, it is pretty subjective, but I find walnut to have a very strong taste when fresh, every vape that I had in walnut took some breaking in... Purpleheart can also have a taste as does Cherry... My Glow is zebrawood, it's pretty neutral to me, I always find maple to be neutral as well... Not sure what other woods are available or will be available when you order, I think I've seen mahogany but I've never used it...

Chainfish

Have yet to use my dlx glow atty for my dlx pro, getting perfect results with lighter so not bothered. Wood is Bahia and no discernable taste with that one, not even a strong aroma, maybe a slight almost sweet one.

GradeANugs

Thanks for the input, everyone.
FYI for glass stems that require o-rings, the o-ring is completely on the outside out of the vapor and air path, so I don't know why it is a concern for you? Likewise with the wooden mouthpieces that have it...
So somehow the wood mouthpiece fits airtight against the other wood piece, but can't do so without an o-ring? I'm having trouble visualizing how that's possible. Wouldn't there still be a little gap where the hot air can touch the silicone? Or maybe the bottom of the mouthpiece sits flush onto a wooden ledge, while the o-ring secures it laterally?

I contacted Dreamwood and they said they were planning to add some more basic Glow models to the website, possibly with zebrawood. It's good to hear that is one of the more neutral tasting woods, and it looks very cool too.

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the input, everyone.

So somehow the wood mouthpiece fits airtight against the other wood piece, but can't do so without an o-ring? I'm having trouble visualizing how that's possible. Wouldn't there still be a little gap where the hot air can touch the silicone? Or maybe the bottom of the mouthpiece sits flush onto a wooden ledge, while the o-ring secures it laterally?

I contacted Dreamwood and they said they were planning to add some more basic Glow models to the website, possibly with zebrawood. It's good to hear that is one of the more neutral tasting woods, and it looks very cool too.

I actually have no idea what you're saying lol

However I think you must misunderstand how the mouthpieces are connecting...

For my Glow 14, I have two options:

Glass stem (chamber / mouthpiece) inserted into the glow, use an o-ring around it that you press into the groove of the glow's wood body to seal and secure the stem. Fresh air still comes in from the bottom through the heating element through your herb in the stem to create vapor in the stem that you inhale from the other end.

Wood mouthpiece has an o-ring permanently built into it (sits in a little groove) so it can fit into the groove of the glow's wood body more easily without you having to press in (just a little twist). Fresh air still travels in the same way, however here you load in the body of the glow, on top of the heater screen, so you have a wood bowl and the wood mouthpiece is just a mouthpiece (vs glass stem where it is your chamber and mouthpiece).

Then what is different about the Glow 18 (yet what makes it similar to the Splinter) is that it has 18.8mm male ground glass connection. So the glass stem, is still the chamber, vapor path, and mouthpiece, but no o-ring is needed as the glow's wood body has 18.8mm female taper for the male ground glass stem (this is just like iHeat's glass on wood connection, whereas the Splinter is actually a glass on glass connection)

Then the Glow 18 also allows you to use the wooden jackpod stems though I am not sure exactly how they connect I believe it is similar to the Glow 14 wooden mouthpiece?

The new 22 is wood bowl in the body with separate wood mouthpiece using steel on wood connection... It's design, I mean it's usage style, is more similar to the vapor lighter and prrl neo though.

Hope that helps explain things for you better!

I of course think zebrawood is a great way to go, it is not too pricey yet still exotic, often looking super cool and unique, while tasting more neutral than many others quicker (most any wood bowl vape will take a bowl or two to a break in though)

arb

Semi shaved ape
I actually have no idea what you're saying lol

However I think you must misunderstand how the mouthpieces are connecting...

For my Glow 14, I have two options:

Glass stem (chamber / mouthpiece) inserted into the glow, use an o-ring around it that you press into the groove of the glow's wood body to seal and secure the stem. Fresh air still comes in from the bottom through the heating element through your herb in the stem to create vapor in the stem that you inhale from the other end.

Wood mouthpiece has an o-ring permanently built into it (sits in a little groove) so it can fit into the groove of the glow's wood body more easily without you having to press in (just a little twist). Fresh air still travels in the same way, however here you load in the body of the glow, on top of the heater screen, so you have a wood bowl and the wood mouthpiece is just a mouthpiece (vs glass stem where it is your chamber and mouthpiece).

Then what is different about the Glow 18 (yet what makes it similar to the Splinter) is that it has 18.8mm male ground glass connection. So the glass stem, is still the chamber, vapor path, and mouthpiece, but no o-ring is needed as the glow's wood body has 18.8mm female taper for the male ground glass stem (this is just like iHeat's glass on wood connection, whereas the Splinter is actually a glass on glass connection)

Then the Glow 18 also allows you to use the wooden jackpod stems though I am not sure exactly how they connect I believe it is similar to the Glow 14 wooden mouthpiece?

The new 22 is wood bowl in the body with separate wood mouthpiece using steel on wood connection... It's design, I mean it's usage style, is more similar to the vapor lighter and prrl neo though.

Hope that helps explain things for you better!

I of course think zebrawood is a great way to go, it is not too pricey yet still exotic, often looking super cool and unique, while tasting more neutral than many others quicker (most any wood bowl vape will take a bowl or two to a break in though)
The dlx has the steel sleeve connector the 22 is wood on wood.
The jackpod slides into the standard 18 bowl.

Dutch-Mic

That is correct, also an O-ring in the little groove.

I saw an Instagram post today with a pic from a little dosing pod for a special 14 mouthpiece that also has space to fill your herbs/to put in a pod, just like the 18. For a microdoser like me that is a perfect combination.

Gup de Fump

Still agonizing over decisions here.

I've realised after totting up the costs of the Dreamwood, a nice mod (Geek Vape Aegis X / Vapefly Kriemhild / Innokin MVP5 are my frontrunners), and an additional bent glass mouthpiece, that this vape could run me a similar cost to a Tinymight and from there it's not that far to get to a Lamart Tetra P80.

Visually I definitely prefer the Dreamwood, with any of the mods mentioned. But in terms of reliability and performance - would I be better holding out for the Lamart? I've tried neither. I currently have a Dynavap 2020M, Pax 3 and Sticky Brick OG in my lineup, if that influences matters 😁

Definitely appreciate advice/discussion. Many thanks folks!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I've realised after totting up the costs of the Dreamwood, a nice mod (Geek Vape Aegis X / Vapefly Kriemhild / Innokin MVP5 are my frontrunners), and an additional bent glass mouthpiece, that this vape could run me a similar cost to a Tinymight and from there it's not that far to get to a Lamart Tetra P80.

Visually I definitely prefer the Dreamwood, with any of the mods mentioned. But in terms of reliability and performance - would I be better holding out for the Lamart? I've tried neither. I currently have a Dynavap 2020M, Pax 3 and Sticky Brick OG in my lineup, if that influences matters 😁

Try starting a thread in Ask FC if you want "which vape should I buy" advice. We're not supposed to use the device threads to solicit or share comparisons with other vapes.

Shit Snacks

You're fine, the context was okay, but yeah for direct comparisons post an ask FC and you'll get a lot more commentary as well!

To answer your main question, yes the Glow offers great reliability and performance! I would say no worse than TM or TP80, potentially better durability if that helps?

wisausnk

Does anyone know of any reason the Vapefly Kriemhild mod would NOT work with the RCV18?

The Wismex Reuleaux has been recommended before but I'm an innately visual creature it seems and I love the aesthetic of the Kriemhild.
It will work no problem at all

But i really don't get why you wanna use such a big and heavy mod. The nice thing about the Glow RCV no matter if 14 or 18 is the great portability with a nice compact mod. But that's preference i think. I would suggest a wismec or nunchaku

What shoud be the Problem with reliability ?, there are allways two sides, i use the Glows and other Dreamwoods for 3 years now and never had a glow failing on me. But like with every Manual Vaporizer it requires a little learning courve. So it depends also on the User if he is willing to put in the effort to understand the Vape ( Wattage, Aiflow, drawspeed etc.) If you wanna a out of the box bulletproof vape you are ppbl better off with an other Product. But if you like to put the effort in understanding the vape and you like the Design and versitality you will love the Glow..

Last edited:

Gup de Fump

It will work no problem at all

But i really don't get why you wanna use such a big and heavy mod. The nice thing about the Glow RCV no matter if 14 or 18 is the great portability with a nice compact mod. But that's preference i think. I would suggest a wismec or nunchaku

What shoud be the Problem with reliability ?, there are allways two sides, i use the Glows and other Dreamwoods for 3 years now and never had a glow failing on me. But like with every Manual Vaporizer it requires a little learning courve. So it depends also on the User if he is willing to put in the effort to understand the Vape ( Wattage, Aiflow, drawspeed etc.) If you wanna a out of the box bulletproof vape you are ppbl better off with an other Product. But if you like to put the effort in understanding the vape and you like the Design and versitality you will love the Glow..

Mostly I just like the aesthetic of the Vapefly, but I think on balance the geek vape will be the one I go for. Ultimately it will rarely leave my house, so size and weight aren't too important.

I think "reliability" might have been the wrong phrase to be honest. I appreciate your answers to my fairly vague line of questioning though! My fingers are hovering over the "buy" button. I like vapes that require some... learning, so I am sure I will indeed love it!

Chainfish

https://ecigone.co.uk/collections/w.../sxmini-t-class-sx580j-200w-hakutaku-sub-tank
https://ecigone.co.uk/products/asmodus-oni-167w-dna250-tc-box-mod?variant=36452939399327
Above is 2 very good deals on larger mods, can't give feedback on 1st, however, the Oni DNA I've had for almost 2 years fault free, awesome chip and well built mod (it's actually a Starss Player DNA250, but they rebrand the nicer mods under Asmodus) and for under £45, a steal.
All this glow talk makes me want to try out my glow rcv atty. I loved what they done for me, communications at times wasn't good but that was more down to me not buying from site. I would say, if you're in no immediate rush, black friday is only bout a month away. And in case you were unaware, Vapewellness.co.uk are UK stockists of Dreamwood. Dealing with them direct, you did get option of custom piece and they don't disappoint.

I have no affiliation to any of the sites mentioned

wisausnk

Mostly I just like the aesthetic of the Vapefly, but I think on balance the geek vape will be the one I go for. Ultimately it will rarely leave my house, so size and weight aren't too important.

I think "reliability" might have been the wrong phrase to be honest. I appreciate your answers to my fairly vague line of questioning though! My fingers are hovering over the "buy" button. I like vapes that require some... learning, so I am sure I will indeed love it!
If it is really for in home use yeah than the Modsize is irrelevant that's true. If you are into glass maybe the glowDLX would suit you well?

Gup de Fump

If it is really for in home use yeah than the Modsize is irrelevant that's true. If you are into glass maybe the glowDLX would suit you well?

I'm not into glass... Yet. To be honest up until maybe February I rarely had any herb and still just smoked it all in spliffs. Then everything changed.. I bought my Pax... Dyna...Sticky Brick aaaaaand I have just pulled the trigger on a RCV18 from Vape Wellness. Properly fallen in love with the variety of vape types. I'm dead excited to receive it and have a play. I think though I will get a small, nice bong to go with this. It will need to wait a couple of payslips, but I have one in mind.

kadjo

The 14 has been a great daily driver lately. I've never changed the original coils but have recently started using it on a mod with myevic and a 20 second fire.

Out of pure curiosity and because it was in front of me I recently added a 6mm or 5mm quartz ball from a banger set to the chamber of Glow and filled my material around it.

I've found that it has really improved flavor, maximized the vapor and conserves material.

I've started around 19 watts and worked up to 25 and got great clouds and decent ABV.

Not sure if anyone has tried this or if its been mentioned, but I would be curious to hear if other people have tried it or what your experience is if you do.

kadjo

I'm not into glass... Yet. To be honest up until maybe February I rarely had any herb and still just smoked it all in spliffs. Then everything changed.. I bought my Pax... Dyna...Sticky Brick aaaaaand I have just pulled the trigger on a RCV18 from Vape Wellness. Properly fallen in love with the variety of vape types. I'm dead excited to receive it and have a play. I think though I will get a small, nice bong to go with this. It will need to wait a couple of payslips, but I have one in mind.
Totally feel this. Was a lifelong spliff man. Then 4yrs ago I gave up tobacco (cause eff that) and I have not regretted it once. Great choice! I found it took about 3 months or so of no tobacco no combustion to really get the full effect of vaping, well worth it in the end...

Gup de Fump

Totally feel this. Was a lifelong spliff man. Then 4yrs ago I gave up tobacco (cause eff that) and I have not regretted it once. Great choice! I found it took about 3 months or so of no tobacco no combustion to really get the full effect of vaping, well worth it in the end...

Yeah it didn't even take me three months. Now I feel so much more effect from vaping I would almost go back to the odd spliff to take it easy 🤣 (obviously I don't actually plan to do this!).

Anyhoo, this morning my Glow 18, new mod, four 18650s and charger turned up. I LOVE PRESENTS! (Even if they are from me, to me!)

arb

Semi shaved ape
Yeah it didn't even take me three months. Now I feel so much more effect from vaping I would almost go back to the odd spliff to take it easy 🤣 (obviously I don't actually plan to do this!).

Anyhoo, this morning my Glow 18, new mod, four 18650s and charger turned up. I LOVE PRESENTS! (Even if they are from me, to me!)
I like the 18's through water the best they really seem to shine.

Top Bottom