Dreamwood Glow

wisausnk

The glowRCV18 V3 will be aviable soon

Screenshot-20201105-103522.jpg

potatobass

Hello everyone!
So i bought a rcv18 v2 2 or 3 month ago.

I like it overall, really impressed by the powerfull hits that I get. i love the discreet design .

But:
When using the pods , my weed gets vqped evenly. When using the glass stems (cooling or regular) , I get hotspot so i need to stir midsession.
I m vaping between 28W and 32W (anywhere higher , there seems to be a risk of combustion), airflow wide open , long slow draws...
Is there any way of avoiding this? should i mess around with the coil?

Also, i get a bit of a woody taste , is that normal? i m used to SSV and herborizer flavor , so i might be spoiled a bit.

potatobass,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

wisausnk

How do you know? I can't find any info about that on their instagram profile or webshop. Whats the main difference to the previous versions?
Other screws and airflow rings mostly and 3 colors of airflow rings.

@potatobass

You could try 45w and a bit faster draw speed, the capsule produces conduction that's why it is easier to get a even roast. You can also turn the glass stem in between the hits 90 degrees.

What coils are installed ?

Last edited:

wisausnk

Any chance on improving on the 22 to where it works?
I don't get why the 22 doesn't work for you I'm completely fine with mine. I don't see any room for improvement, but If you don't like the cocept of wood on wood and loose fit there is still the glowDLX that has a tight fit which is in no means needed to work.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I don't get why I was sold a bete unit?
Listen I got sold a bum unit then got treated poorly by the person who sold it to me.
The odds of me shutting the fuck up and going away are exactly ZERO.
🤔

Dreamwood

engineer, designer, producer
Manufacturer
I don't get why I was sold a bete unit?
Listen I got sold a bum unit then got treated poorly by the person who sold it to me.
The odds of me shutting the fuck up and going away are exactly ZERO.
🤔

Again: you did not got sold a "beta unit", there is no other 22.
if you are not happy send it back, i check it and we see whats the problem and if you get a new one or if i repair it. We take care of everything, but without having it in my hands i can't make it better in the future.
I'm sorry, but your attitude is a bit off.
I hate it when a customer is not happy.

ps.: you told my brother you already tried to improve it yourself while getting in touch with us.
we offerd you to send it back but you tried it yourself... in general the warranty does not cover such things, you should have just send it back.

SEND IT BACK! WE MAKE YOU HAPPY! :) THATS ALL I CAN SAY AND YOU CAN ASK EVERY OTHER CUSTOMER, WE CARE FOR EVERYONE.

MrKappus

Dreamwood has the best customer support. I’ve never had a maker try and care so much about my experience with their product. Sucks when one disgruntled person dominates product threads and just keeps complaining about the paranoid bs they fixate on.

wisausnk

Dreamwood has the best customer support. I’ve never had a maker try and care so much about my experience with their product. Sucks when one disgruntled person dominates product threads and just keeping complaining about the paranoid bs they fixate on.
I can also 100% voucher for that. And to get back to the 22, I have the 22 for quite some time now, and sure it's a vape you need to get a feeling for, but it works and is a beast.

Dreamwood

Manufacturer
Hello everyone!
So i bought a rcv18 v2 2 or 3 month ago.

I like it overall, really impressed by the powerfull hits that I get. i love the discreet design .

But:
When using the pods , my weed gets vqped evenly. When using the glass stems (cooling or regular) , I get hotspot so i need to stir midsession.
I m vaping between 28W and 32W (anywhere higher , there seems to be a risk of combustion), airflow wide open , long slow draws...
Is there any way of avoiding this? should i mess around with the coil?

Also, i get a bit of a woody taste , is that normal? i m used to SSV and herborizer flavor , so i might be spoiled a bit.

Hi,
to avoid the hotspot a little pause (stuttering) while the inhale can help, or to slow down and then fasten the inhale speed.
A to tight pack and fine grind also can play a role.

It can also help to change the coil,
best extraction is achieved with the mix twisted double coil, (we will use this for the v3).
Its not available yet, will add it to the shop as soon as possible.
But i know i included them in some of the last Glow packages...check if you got some :)

Tweakz

Hi,
to avoid the hotspot a little pause (stuttering) while the inhale can help, or to slow down and then fasten the inhale speed.

best extraction is achieved with the mix twisted double coil, (we will use this for the v3).
But i know i included them in some of the last Glow packages...check if you got some :)
I'm really looking forward to Glow RCV 18 V3 !! it will be a great beast

potatobass

Hi,

Thx! I ll try a stuttering technique this weekend. Mine is a 0.33ohm twisted coil, i am not sure if that is the one you’re talking about. Thx for the reply and the awesome vape overall!
762f8414-b8c5-452e-94e8-97c83c2a9b99.jpg

Dreamwood

Manufacturer
Hey,

@potatobass
the coil is a single coil made of mix twisted wire, i think its a stainless steel coil you have in there because of the ohm beeing so low.
Mix twisted single coil lower than 0,5ohm (~ 0,3 ohm) is made of stainless steel and above 0,5ohm (~ 0,6ohm) its kanthal.
Kanthal is better, better taste, better vaporisation, can stand more heat and lasts longer.

*we changed from kanthal coils to stainless steel at some point, because most people seemed to want that (because of tc mode) but the stainless steel coils where a bad choice. we had several customers where the coil broke after a few month.
So we changed back to kanthal material, works much better and is much more durable. (i have it installed for over a year and still works great.)

We used a single coil, because its easier to build in and heats 1-2 sec. faster than the double coils.
But to make the coil last even longer, we will change to a double coil made of kanthal mix twisted wire for the V3.

The mix twisted wire double coils will be available next week @greendream.shop

kadjo

Why thank you, pleased to have joined! Just managed to scorch/combust a little. Too slow a draw I think!
I posted a few days ago but I added a few small quartz beads in a small layer (3mm) on the bottom and put a screen on top of them. It cuts the bowl size some, but it makes for great low wattage use and the taste is great.

shopdognyc

@arb i just got the 22, and I see what you are talking about. The pieces aren't meant to stay together. There is no DLX to purchase, but it seems that there is too much play between the two pieces.

I've written Dreamwood about this. There is not a good seal or hold between the two parts. The problem is it is not a perfect fit between the base/heater and the wpa end.

@Dreamwood what are the fix? If @arb had the same issue, I think maybe this is a design issue.

Not sure what the fix would be, its a bit disappointing.

shopdognyc,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
@arb i just got the 22, and I see what you are talking about. The pieces aren't meant to stay together. There is no DLX to purchase, but it seems that there is too much play between the two pieces.

I've written Dreamwood about this. There is not a good seal or hold between the two parts. The problem is it is not a perfect fit between the base/heater and the wpa end.

@Dreamwood what are the fix? If @arb had the same issue, I think maybe this is a design issue.

Not sure what the fix would be, its a bit disappointing.
Sorry to near our experience was the same.
They told me they only refund if defective and then claim no units are defective.
Seems a weird business model but there it is.

arb,

GoldenBud

Sorry to near our experience was the same.
They told me they only refund if defective and then claim no units are defective.
Seems a weird business model but there it is.
send them the unit, why not? they are 2 men show not everything is perfect
it's sucks going out to the mail because you need to fill some shit, but do it after you are vaked well 🐈 :haw:

shopdognyc

I think goes to say when purchasing these things to look at the feedback. @arb was the only one, so maybe something about. Same goes for the Herbie 510 which seems like not a good buy at the time, especially no interest in support, other than we are busy with our lives, this is just a hobby.

The Dreamwood guys have been great so far. I have a lot of their things. Too bad this one didn't work.

Top Bottom