• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dreamwood Glow

Tweakz

No...I almost did...not sure about it. I have a US Z splinter now....so not sure it will offer me any better experience.
I want to take glow18 just because of the replaceable heating coils . and it looks like it can hit fast and hard like I love and vaporize everything in one or two hits.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
No I am referring to the wood swelling from the moisture. But it all depends on how long and how much moisture your talking about.
Yeah that I agree with if I would leave it underwater but think it does better outside in moist hiking conditions then other vapes as long as the battery mod is water-proof/repellant

Specially compared to my grasshopper that had just died from me having sweaty hands :rofl:

Used to take it out for runs because the size

LabPong

Yeah that I agree with if I would leave it underwater but think it does better outside in moist hiking conditions then other vapes as long as the battery mod is water-proof/repellant

Specially compared to my grasshopper that had just died from me having sweaty hands :rofl:

Used to take it out for runs because the size

If Im out camping/fishing/surfing in the great outdoors......Im using a vapcap and/or a Elev8r with torches! winky wink wink... ;)

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
If Im out camping/fishing/surfing in the great outdoors......Im using a vapcap and/or a Elev8r with torches! winky wink wink... ;)
Only got the sticky brick full size mama and its HUGE but have taken it with me ones, but personally I like an electric vape more because often I am out in some windy shitty weather or I need to be able to take a fast hit

But vapcap and elev8r are awesome vapes also

My biggest problem with them though is how hard it is to find good gas to fill my torch lighters here in Sweden but my sticky brick is reserved as my "good night vape" because it knocks me out every time

Chainfish

not sure if should post this here or dlx. anyway, been debating dobby/dlxpro for while, also been fancying a glow18. they've now released a glow dlx, they can't speak English and i can't explain well,and I can't get reply on facebook. reckon I could get something to make this usable with stems like a normal glow, then when I can a fford another, I could get the dlx pro and i'd have the stems, mouthpieces to use it dry. wasn't thinking of using either system with water. thoughts anyone and sorry for my pisspoor use of the language

https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f...7-b6f3-c8e5565032e2/Products/5-516GlowDLXPa#1

Chainfish,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
not sure if should post this here or dlx. anyway, been debating dobby/dlxpro for while, also been fancying a glow18. they've now released a glow dlx, they can't speak English and i can't explain well,and I can't get reply on facebook. reckon I could get something to make this usable with stems like a normal glow, then when I can a fford another, I could get the dlx pro and i'd have the stems, mouthpieces to use it dry. wasn't thinking of using either system with water. thoughts anyone and sorry for my pisspoor use of the language

https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f1d51-d3cf-4987-b6f3-c8e5565032e2.sf/seca7ced01ae7/?ObjectPath=/Shops/a89f1d51-d3cf-4987-b6f3-c8e5565032e2/Products/5-516GlowDLXPa#1

Sorry I don't think it's such a good idea to hope for backwards compatibility like that, since the other Glow models don't really seem to have it either... This is the 4th and I don't see how it could work with the same stuff as the other 3.

I also don't think it's worth getting the DLX if you're not going to use it through water, or even a separate j hook dry, it would be better to get any of the other models (vapopipe, dobby, punch) instead, they have better visibility using dry as that is how they were designed to be used... For DLX the ability to use it dry is more of a bonus feature, not the best way to use them imo

Meanwhile the Glow stems are all pretty unique too, for the 14, and then the 18 uses regular glass joint stems, or yeah the wood stems are all unique as well. So if you want both, just got to suck it up and buy each of the models you like...

Alternatively try reaching out to vgoodiez, since they are the official retailer in the US for dreamwood, he has a ton of gear and can tell you what parts may be compatible with different models?

Dutch-Mic

https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f1d51-d3cf-4987-b6f3-c8e5565032e2.sf/seca7ced01ae7/?ObjectPath=/Shops/a89f1d51-d3cf-4987-b6f3-c8e5565032e2/Products/5-516GlowDLXPa#1

Hit them up via Instagram, they are very active over there. They do speak English (maybe with an accent), so that won't be a problem!

Chainfish

shitsnacks tyvm. yeah have been looking at all for a while, so realise my choice not best option for my purpose, it will be used with water mind just maybe not as much as with stem. have managed to convey what I want to say to one of the team and after some poor explaining from me, we got summat going. he's going to have a word with his brother, and get back to me at some point after they discussed, I think we both on same page. fingers crossed within my price range

yogurtsauce

I’m trying to use ss316L 24 ag but it won’t vape on watts or TC. Wire is set to 316. Running arctic fox. These coils are .2

yogurtsauce,

Sativapo

U should set the wire to tcr than play with coil value and tcr value. 215 is good for the glow U think. Won't vape on watts ?

Sativapo,

yogurtsauce

U should set the wire to tcr than play with coil value and tcr value. 215 is good for the glow U think. Won't vape on watts ?
That probably would help. It would work on watts but the temp would always go up to max of 600°F. So I guess tcr needed to be changed. Couldn’t change tcr on arctic fox. Currently using a single Clapton kanthal coil. I’ll switch back to a high resistance ss316 and let you know

Storminator

Hi everyone

I just got a Glow 18 and a Relax Gen3. I am impressed, but I have problems getting the AVB even. I found that you need to draw fairly hard to avoid combustion on watt 30-50. I found that I get the central part but not the outer bits. Should I try to go even lower in watt and draw slower maybe?

I am using the stock kanthal coil and I have set time out to 15 sec. I fill the stem without the pods.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi everyone

I just got a Glow 18 and a Relax Gen3. I am impressed, but I have problems getting the AVB even. I found that you need to draw fairly hard to avoid combustion on watt 30-50. I found that I get the central part but not the outer bits. Should I try to go even lower in watt and draw slower maybe?

I am using the stock kanthal coil and I have set time out to 15 sec. I fill the stem without the pods.

I have to stir every hit or every other hit with my 14 for an even extraction, I'm typically only using 35 to 40 Watts as well...

Shit Snacks,

yogurtsauce

Open the air flow if you find you have to suck hard to not combust. You probably want to up the watts as well when opening the hole. I only have to stir my 14 once. My technique is 40-50 watts. Airport 80% open. Suck slow until vapor appears. Keep sucking slow, but ramping up as the coils get hotter to try to keep the ambient air the same temp in the weed. I usually take about 10-30 second hits. You need to control your airflow, too slow and you combust. Just right and you extract really good. Too fast and you get spots because the coil is cooling down faster than it’s heating up. Just keep in mind the coil. Another good way is to just suck as slow as you can until you feel like you’re going to combust, and then slowly ramp up suck speed, but keeping that same vapor/heat feel.

what really helped me to vape using the glow was first to understand it. If you take off the wood and go for 30 watts. You’ll see that the glow is the same as 50 watts. But you want to blow on the coil to see how much it cools down. Once you get an understanding of how the watts affect how cool the coils get, it’s so much easier. The goal is to have a nice soft glow when you blow gently on it. You absolutely do not want a coil that is really bright in one spot, and not as bright in another. The stock coils had this issue for me. An easy fix is to just spread the coils just a tiny tiny bit.

Personally, double coils don’t perform as well as a single coil.

I also find that lower resistance wires don’t vape as well as high resistance wires. .8 and below doesn’t perform the same as .9 and above.

I am thinking of putting glass beads inside of my coil (a single coil). Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

Storminator

Open the air flow if you find you have to suck hard to not combust. You probably want to up the watts as well when opening the hole. I only have to stir my 14 once. My technique is 40-50 watts. Airport 80% open. Suck slow until vapor appears. Keep sucking slow, but ramping up as the coils get hotter to try to keep the ambient air the same temp in the weed. I usually take about 10-30 second hits. You need to control your airflow, too slow and you combust. Just right and you extract really good. Too fast and you get spots because the coil is cooling down faster than it’s heating up. Just keep in mind the coil. Another good way is to just suck as slow as you can until you feel like you’re going to combust, and then slowly ramp up suck speed, but keeping that same vapor/heat feel.

what really helped me to vape using the glow was first to understand it. If you take off the wood and go for 30 watts. You’ll see that the glow is the same as 50 watts. But you want to blow on the coil to see how much it cools down. Once you get an understanding of how the watts affect how cool the coils get, it’s so much easier. The goal is to have a nice soft glow when you blow gently on it. You absolutely do not want a coil that is really bright in one spot, and not as bright in another. The stock coils had this issue for me. An easy fix is to just spread the coils just a tiny tiny bit.

Personally, double coils don’t perform as well as a single coil.

I also find that lower resistance wires don’t vape as well as high resistance wires. .8 and below doesn’t perform the same as .9 and above.

I am thinking of putting glass beads inside of my coil (a single coil). Thoughts anyone?
Thanks a lot for the thorough reply!

I think I figured it out. It was the air hole that was the problem. I had it fully open and for some reason that made it necessary tho turn the heat up high and suck hard to avoid combustion. Now I set it to 1/2 open, and on around 30-40 watts og get the hole chamber vaped without stirring.

I think I will play around with a custom coil and see if it can get even better.

Marcus

Hi folks, I could do with some assistance if possible seeing as the wife has said "Shut up and just buy yourself one..." or something like that, I wasn't really listening. :sherlock:

Anyway, do I need the 14 or the 18?

Anyone rocking both and have a favourite?

Thanks in advance. :tup:

Root-y

Hi there, looking to get a 14, since I wanna take it out to partys/festivals I've got some questions:
-How does it perform on TC Mode, when you equip it and which wire is prefered for that (heard about fume production, when stainless Steel overheats, how probable is that, should I opt for Clapton?)
-If TC is good, how practical is it to pass around, if I wanna do that?
-How much des the bowl hold and what is the minimum load?
-Which Box Mod do you recomend, looking for something affordable, that doesn't rip 10 batteries a day, a good friend of mine offered me an wismec P80, is that "enough" or should I opt for something stronger (like for example smoant ranker), if so, do u have any recomendations? Maybee water resistance would be a good thing, how do you think?
-how steep is the learning curve if coming from things like crafty/Dynavap/Silversurfer?

Sativapo

Hi,
P80 is ok. For the rest you should read the thread we go through all this. It's "only" 20 pages. My conclusion is that TC works ok but not optimally. The wire deteriorates and the setting has to change over time. It holds about 0.1 to 0.15g. Kanthal and wattage is the way to go for me on this one.

Top Bottom