Dreamwood Glow

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Saw a great sale on the R3D so I grabbed that to run my 14 on, I can let you know how that goes. Granted I run it right now on an R3 and the 3 batteries last forever.

Yeah I already have one that my canary Z is on and I just got another on sale that is unused right now. So I may end up trying before you! ;)

Edit: and already did lol other one is gunmetal

IMG-20200410-214130256.jpg

I don't think I will keep it on this glossy purple brown, but we'll see... Cuboid isn't a bad fit, but weak internal battery, so P80 could be the one

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah I am already back on the cuboid mini again for now, and I finally tried loading directly into the wood bowl. Very nice feature! Of course there is a bit more heat and harshness with the direct path in the wood, it would be really cool to get a glass liner, even cooler if it was a cooling stem! Great how it has a 14 mm taper already though so I could connect to a j hook for higher wattage to finish the bowl... I still kept it at 30 for a while and raised to 32.5, 35, and 37.5 at the end (this was on the g3d)

This was with some older Maui, so I bet it will be better with the other fresher herbs I have. I switched back to the glass cooling stem for another pull back on the Cuboid Mini, a couple small shallow baskets, wattage stepped 33 to 39. It is impressive how many nice hits you can get, each under 10 seconds, resulting in more than decent battery life it seems! Shame there isn't some sort of notch in the glass stem for the o-ring like the wood stem, but it works fine, just need to press it in carefully with fingers.

I saw on IG Dreamwood was using a new Glow DLX that has a steel ring to connect to a separate wooden bowl. Seems like a fun idea that reminded me of some other recent vapes I would like to try, but I am happy with my 14 now

GoldenBud

I saw on IG Dreamwood was using a new Glow DLX that has a steel ring to connect to a separate wooden bowl. Seems like a fun idea that reminded me of some other recent vapes I would like to try, but I am happy with my 14 now
Yo, I didn't understand the differences between 14 to 18 (except the sizing stem).
with the 14 you can't load a bowl inside the stem or smth like that? other kind of loading?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Shit Snacks

Yo, I didn't understand the differences between 14 to 18 (except the sizing stem).
with the 14 you can't load a bowl inside the stem or smth like that? other kind of loading?

Yes, size and the 14 can load directly into the wood bowl then use the wood mouthpieces as lid, or you can load in a glass stem and seal with an o-ring. The 18 connect stems without an o-ring, using ground glass type 18mm wood and glass stems. There is also a V2 18 to use jackpot stems that do connect using an o-ring (I'm not sure if the regular 18 has o-ring wood mp's as well?) and now a DLX like I described.

eloteslocos

Anyone know if the Fury 2 or Fury Edge capsules might fit in the 14? I'm really liking its size for portability but want to figure out how i can use it with a dosing cap system i already have.

eloteslocos,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Shit Snacks

Anyone know if the Fury 2 or Fury Edge capsules might fit in the 14? I'm really liking its size for portability but want to figure out how i can use it with a dosing cap system i already have.

None will fit in the glass stems, Edge capsules won't work (too much metal anyway) and I don't have any F2 capsules, but MistVape are similar yet deeper and do not fit. However, the Fierce capsule fits in the wood bowl, with the lid wood mp can just barely seal, and without the lid they fit very well... So yes Fierce caps for wood bowl!

Ipe17

There is a video on page 4 of this thread with a guy using fury 2 capsules in a glow 14. I am in the process of ordering one, son cant speak for myself...

Slickwilly

Well I couldn't resist and grabbed this beautiful 18mm Purpleheart Glow from VGOODIEZ. As always great customer service and fast shipping, ordered Friday received it Monday. :rockon:Also say thanks to Joel at Dreamwood for his great customer service with answering all my questions. Just wait until he puts out the latest glows on there site :o Just might have to grab a 14mm :love:

To start the craftmanship of the Glow is top notch, not a flaw on it, so smooth but yet has sharp edges. Cant get that with a box vape. Fitment of the stem is tight and the air vent adjustment is smooth. You get everything needed with it to keep it up and running like new.

I'm using it with a RX G3 dual with a pair of Molicel 26a. It fits really nice in my hand and the glow doesn't touch when setting it on its side. Starting out with 32 to 34 watts and stepping up to 38 to 40 until I'm happy with avb. I usually give it a 1 to 2 second warmup on a fresh pack, but after that its not needed. Vapor comes on fast and strong it took some time to get use to how fast it heats up. That was with the wooden mouthpiece, but now that I have used it with the cooling stem and can see the vapor building, I have a better grasp on the wooden stem. Did not try any of the pods yet, wanted to get right to it first.:leaf:

There is a hint of wood when using the standard mouthpiece, its new yet and I'm pretty sure once it gets good and seasoned it should go away. Using the cooling stem I get no wood flavor.

The Lamart cooling nub fits good and I prefer that over the wood stem. The nub sits in wood joint of glow higher away from coil and needs less stirring. I don't like to stir anyway, so usually I find a way to get around it. :D Vgoodiez has them on now sale for $22 in green.

I wasn't sure if I should have ordered the long cooling stem with my order but I did. Well this stem is a lot bigger than I expected and the thickest ass glass stem Ive ever seen :o It cools for sure, just have to watch so you don't over indulge because its so cool, or else :spliff: With it being so long it has to be removed from glow or it may fall over and break what it hits. :lol: It does have a slight wobble in the glow joint, but I don't like to go crazy and push it to far. I really like the basket screens they sent too. They have a skinner top lip and have more screen surface than a standard basket screen, hint Scott grab some with next order please! :p

So needless to say I very happy with my 420 purchase and plan on checking out other Dreamwood devices when more funds come back.

Stay safe and well everyone :cheers:

Ipe17

Hi there,
I just received my glow 14 a couple of days ago and so far I really like it.

And I received a lot of goodies. Even one tiny (like 1.5 cm) wooden stem and a free cooling stem!!! Really nice from them.

I am very happy with it, although I am still experimenting. I am so far using the standard coil in Power mode from 37W (most of the bowl) up to 42W (last 1 or 2 draws).
My biggest surprise is that I enjoy it more with the wooden stems than with the glass ones (opposite to the Splinter).

And a couple of pictures (I think in the one with the Splinter it looks a bit smaller than it really is due to perspective and close up picture):

glow.jpg

glow2.jpg

Cheers

Dutch-Mic

Beautiful Glow @Ipe17. Is that Palissander Wood?

My biggest surprise is that I enjoy it more with the wooden stems than with the glass ones (opposite to the Splinter).

The taste with the wooden mouthpiece is so nice! I prefer the wooden stems for extra tasty lower temp hits, but usually I use the cooling mp for the smooth hits.

The Glows are so versatile thanks to the mouth piece options, love that!

Ipe17

Hi Dutch-Mic
It is makassar wood. Sorry for the late reply.

Some thought after a bit more of usage:

I am really enjoying the glow 14. I thought when I bought it that I would use it mostly outside home as I have a Splinter. But I use both now at home cause I like to change from the glass/pure taste to the wood one.

What I havent really got used to, or most probably I am missing something or doing something wrong is with the glass stems. I prefer the Splinter for glass. And they dont really sit firm in there. I dont know...

With one of the stems I am using Fury 2 capsules for out and about, but I dont know... I miss a bit of flavor with the capsules and on the other hand the 14 is so easy to load that the added convenience is not that big. So I havent yet decided if my to go combo is with the capsules or just normal loading and the very short stem I've got with it. I kind of enjoy all of the 3 wood stems I have.

When out of home I am using it on a Pico 75w and I dont know the reason but I prefer the glow in my other mods (RX gen3 and cuboid mini). I bought the Pico for the Impcognito (not received that one yet) but the glow also fits there. At some point I will upload AF firmware and try it with SS coils but at the moment I am fine using it in wattage mode with stock coils (my Splinter goes on TCR always).

Anyhow, just a picture with the Pico and the 3 wood stems. I find the wood work in the Glow really beautiful too

thumbnail-IMG-20200508-151135-2.jpg

Shit Snacks

Hi Dutch-Mic

I am really enjoying the glow 14. I thought when I bought it that I would use it mostly outside home as I have a Splinter. But I use both now at home cause I like to change from the glass/pure taste to the wood one.

What I havent really got used to, or most probably I am missing something or doing something wrong is with the glass stems. I prefer the Splinter for glass. And they dont really sit firm in there. I dont know...

With one of the stems I am using Fury 2 capsules for out and about, but I dont know... I miss a bit of flavor with the capsules and on the other hand the 14 is so easy to load that the added convenience is not that big. So I havent yet decided if my to go combo is with the capsules or just normal loading and the very short stem I've got with it. I kind of enjoy all of the 3 wood stems I have.

When out of home I am using it on a Pico 75w and I dont know the reason but I prefer the glow in my other mods (RX gen3 and cuboid mini). I bought the Pico for the Impcognito (not received that one yet) but the glow also fits there. At some point I will upload AF firmware and try it with SS coils but at the moment I am fine using it in wattage mode with stock coils (my Splinter goes on TCR always).

Anyhow, just a picture with the Pico and the 3 wood stems. I find the wood work in the Glow really beautiful too

The glass stem is a little tricky, I have to sort of put it in then press the o ring around it in with my fingernail, then it is secure until removed.

Dutch-Mic

Hi Dutch-Mic

What a beauty!

About the glass parts, I put a tiny bit of wax on the inside of the O-ring, place the O-ring first in the atty/bowl and then I put the glass mouthpiece in it. That way it works easily for me. Hope this helps !

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Tweakz

today, my attention has fallen intently on glow18 :love:
hell, I've seen all your messages . can it hit you too damn hard ? how much can I put in a bowl as much as possible? who has Tinymight in comparison ?

Tweakz,

Dutch-Mic

hell, I've seen all your messages . can it hit you too damn hard ? how much can I put in a bowl as much as possible? who has Tinymight in comparison ?

@wisausnk measured it and said it was about 0.2-0.25g. Edit: there are also Glows with a bigger bowl. Maybe you can contact them via email or Instagram to ask how much herb fits in those versions.

I don't know if I'm the right one to comment on how hard it hits (my tolerance is very low), but I know that the Glow makes people with a high tolerance very happy. They use it on a higher wattage (47 - 50 watts and higher).

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I think most any pure convection on demand can hit you that way, especially when it is a different heater with a slightly different vapor signature than you are used to... I mean I have several and they all hit slightly different, but all very powerful and tasty... That being said it is really apples and oranges compared to the TM so I can't lol

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
that would be a big fat....NO lol
Hell yeah because the coils can just dry off, not saying to use it underwater but if there is a vape that can survive dropping it into or a very moist morning out camping then it's just the matter of the mod surviving not the glow

Not like the glow has any internal electric parts!

If anything it would be the wood but mine is soaked in cannabis oils and wood wax so I am pretty sure it can survive a spill as long as I wipe off the water

Hjalmark,

LabPong

Hell yeah because the coils can just dry off, not saying to use it underwater but if there is a vape that can survive dropping it into or a very moist morning out camping then it's just the matter of the mod surviving not the glow

Not like the glow has any internal electric parts!

If anything it would be the wood but mine is soaked in cannabis oils and wood wax so I am pretty sure it can survive a spill as long as I wipe off the water

What is the body made from? lol Im pretty sure it is not cold molded sealed.

LabPong,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
What is the body made from? lol Im pretty sure it is not cold molded sealed.

No but the part that would be most effected by moist is screwed into a mod body and pretty save from splashes and such

Pretty sure that the glow is as though as the mod attached to it would be except maybe yeah dropping and breaking it

But you saying the glow would not survive being dropped in water and then dried off?

(also just wanna say that I don't think I am having an argument but a dialect about my crazy theories :nod:)

Hjalmark,

LabPong

No but the part that would be most effected by moist is screwed into a mod body and pretty save from splashes and such

Pretty sure that the glow is as though as the mod attached to it would be except maybe yeah dropping and breaking it

But you saying the glow would not survive being dropped in water and then dried off?

(also just wanna say that I don't think I am having an argument but a dialect about my crazy theories :nod:)

No I am referring to the wood swelling from the moisture. But it all depends on how long and how much moisture your talking about.

LabPong,
Top Bottom