Dreamwood Glow

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, the Glow RCV 18 (v3) I received is amazing, I agree it pulls out big clouds, I had to lower my settings, I set it first at the same settings I used for my Glow rcv14, 32w. In the user guide they suggest a 30-50w range and to start with 35w. I forgotten to mention I closed the airinlets by half, I like some restriction. But my first bowls was too hot and I scorched the load pretty fast. so I had to lower to 28w and opened the airflow a bit more (2/3 open), now I have better hits and don't scorch the load. This is make some sense considering the resistance of the V3 is 0.20 and the one of the rcv14 is 0.61...

Forgotten to mention I received it with a brand new Voopoo Drag X Plus, that mod is stylish and the leather (fake I believe but not 100% sure) pair very well with the V3 Walnut. I didn't looked in depth about features although it's doing a strange noise when I press the button to take a hit... Idk if it's the mod or the coil but it's like metal high frequencies vibrating... is somebody experienced that noise using that Voopoo or the V3 or both together?

Sawyer

Picked up a mahogany 14 v3 this week, along with a Reuleaux gen3 dual. I was surprised at the learning curve! Like you, I scorched my first bowl completely, after ending up at 50w before getting any vapor. I'm kind of used to "manual" vapes 'cause of my sticky bricks. This was one of the reasons I got it actually, the manual aspect, and hot damn does it deliver in that aspect. Variable coil materials, variable coil shapes, variable box mods, variable heating styles, variable attachments... So many things to tinker with. Awesome.

Got a bit more familiar with it during the week. I think what threw me off the most was that the coils (I kept the default kanthal ones on, for now at least) keep increasing in temperature. After reading up some more I installed the artic fox firmware on the mod yesterday. A big difference for me, in a good way. I'm now mostly using two profiles. One where it initially heats up to 120% and then gradually drops down to 70%, and another one with a preheat of 2s with 5w. The profiles are a really cool way to regulate the heat instead of having to pulse the heating button. Definitely going to play around with this some more. I did find the wood a bit dry, but some dynawax cleared that right up.

Other notable things to me: the wood mouthpiece means HOT vapor, but I haven't tried it with the profiles yet. Mostly using it through water at home atm. The glass mouthpiece is also cooler, but the cut at the end isn't straight at all. Doesn't affect usage, but it makes it more difficult to stand it up. Same with the water adapter, but the ground glass part is flawless. I also haven't found a way to effectively stir when using the glass. How nice is the hand feel by the way! I think this is something that is overlooked a lot with dry herb vapes, but definitely not with 510 mods. This depends on the mod you're using of course, but it really adds to the experience for me.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Vapor is not too hot for me although I'm used to short vaporpath and hot vapor, I probably use the shorter mp on my TinyMight, a custom made by @Aezhenn in O'Chestnut Wood, it depass only by a bit less of 2cm. To feel the vapor helps me to feel what I'm doing.

I found the flowers taste to be slightly tainted by woodwax, I know it will disappear quickly though. The look of that Glow is the best out of my others wood atties, Iheat is pretty close to be the same level of finish but shape is more simple, Imp is great also but I have to confess the Glow V3 is sleeker and more perfected. I have a V1 rcv14 which is great but mp is woobly and wood (purple heart) looks "dirty" now, I will not get anything else in purple heart wood anymore, looks great while brand new but colors take a dirty style when it becomes aged, even a ton of woodwax doesn't change anything for long.

I still not tried the included capsules, a lot of replacement screens, basket screens, rimmed basket screens, tweezers, dab tool, woodwax, pouch and screwdriver are included also.

Hi @Sawyer it's strange you didn't got any vapor before to get at 50w... I got thick hits, too thick at 35w... did you was pulling as hard as possible...? until you ran out of breath... at 50w!? bad time for your lungs, they needed oxygen and they got THC vapor, did you yet recovered from that hit :freak:?

Sawyer

Yeah I had the technique all wrong at first. I started pulling hard the moment I pressed the heat button. Then when I rechecked everything and slowed my intake way down, I combusted. My lungs are already very happy I quit smoking (both tobacco and weed) so they deal with big vapor hits without complaining :D now I’m mostly around 40w, 35w with water tools.

What’s a good place to pick up a cooling stem btw? greendream.shop? I got the mod and the vape itself from verdampftnochmal but they don’t seem to carry any.

Last edited:

a_roberto89

i'm interested in buy a rcv18, and i have found a voopoo argus gt. It seems to be one of the smallet dual battery mod box. i have read on vaping360 that the argus gt would output max 100w at 25a . should be enough right? thanks

i have also find a vandy vape gaur, but it cost almost twice of the argus gt. would it have any benefit? thanks

Sawyer

Should be fine, you need at minimum 50w I believe. I’m not too familiar with 510 mods though so can’t help you on that front.

The wood mouthpiece is starting to grow on me. It’s easier to control it seems, probably cause of the wider air path in contrast to the glass. Still really enjoying my experiments. Amazing how many hits I can get from just a bit of material. Next to my dynavap my most conservative vape for sure.

Last edited:

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
i got lucky and found a nice wismec rx gen3 and i have buyed it instead! now i only have to wait until 420 sale to get a glow RCV18!!
Good for you! It's a very good mod for the Glow.
Keep it mind that last year Greendream didn't have a 420 sale... Of course, you could find an offer on a third party site that will eventually run a 420 sale

a_roberto89

Oh damn thanks for the input, didn't know that :(. Let's hope they make a 420 sale this year!

a_roberto89,

a_roberto89

they have a 420 sale on their site! don't know if i can put the code here. check their instagram page for the coupon!
just placed an order for a glow rcv 18 v3 in brazilian pear!

Last edited:

Chainfish

happy420 gives 15% off. not sure if works on already discounted items. If wasn't for the gammons voting UK out of the EU, would be putting an order in but the extra taxes/ fees now associated with ordering from EU mean I'm better of buying full price from a UK stockist of Greendream like Vapewellness (plus they run a 420 sale iirc).

Dayseed

You are probably right when it comes to buying the Glow but you've still got to order from Germany if you want any accessories. But I don't think cost is that much of an issue as we don't have to pay German VAT and the 15% 420 discount offsets most of the UK VAT payable.

Dayseed

You can always go for a combi mouthpiece on the 18 (but obviously you can't fit a wider mouthpiece on the 14). Overall I'd say that the 18 is going to be more versatile.

Dayseed,
Reactions: Franco

Therapy

Really doubting if I should go for a 14 or 18. For some reason the 18 looks easier in use to me.

Therapy,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
Is there a noteworthy difference between the 14 and 18 besides the size?
I really prefer my 18's over the 14.
Seemed much easier to get a consistent performance.
The Mini bowl stem with the 14 is very nice and extremely tiny bowl size also if that matters.
Really doubting if I should go for a 14 or 18. For some reason the 18 looks easier in use to me.
I find it easier to get great performance out of it for some reason.

lauantaimakkara

I ordered Glow 14 and now I am wondering why there is so little information about it compared to glow 18. Even dreamwood’s Instagram is full of pictures of Glow 18 and maybe one pic of Glow 14. Same thing with the videos. I think I have found zero videos about it!

lauantaimakkara,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom