Dreamwood Glow

Gup de Fump

Just configured my Ravage230 for the Glow 18 which will arrive in the next couple days, from PC with data enabled micro-usb cable : NFE tools > Red Panda (in my case) > Control>Multi clicks > 2 clicks set to 'Autofire'
then in Advanced puff cut-off to 20s

same for Arctic fox i think. don't install tubomyevic - it's limited to 20W autofire in wattage mode tho
Thanks so much for this. I do nic vape but don't treat it like a hobby so lots of the language is lost on me.

Anyway, I managed to navigate downloading the software and configuring my new mod. Really looking forward to road testing it later - loved the Glow before but it's gonna be nice not having the disruption to the draw.

Gup de Fump,

Gup de Fump

Somehow the difference upon "trialling" last night was magnitudes greater than I expected. My goodness. Entirely different experience and felt more like the "sticky brick equivalent" hits I've heard people talk about.

I'm still scorching from time to time, I think because my draw occasionally gets a little slow?

GoldenBud

the glow is amazing with 45W full opened airflow and long cooling dimples stem. fast flavourful extraction. the wood came wet because of my country's postal service, they probably have a problem handling with the wet rainy days, was putting the glow body in the oven at 100c and stopped right on time. the wood looks sux but i don't care, from inside it's pure. i recommend it with a glass stem

excellent service from dreamwood tho, sent me replacement wood parts

Last edited:

GradeANugs

Update: I finally received my Glow18 in the mail after 3.5 months. Looks really cool and works well so far.

I tried taking the o-rings out of the base, as someone here mentioned this improved the flavor, which to me indicates there is off gassing. But the wood cover doesn't stay on without the o-rings. I'm trying to think of a way to secure it, like with a thin wooden or metal ring instead. The entire reason I chose the Glow18 was because I thought I could use it without any silicone.

After I finally got the Glow 18 v2, I noticed the V3 was released, and I'm thinking I should have just waited. I wonder if the new version's thicker o-rings would be easier to replace with a wood or metal ring, since on mine the rings are very thin.

GoldenBud

Update: I finally received my Glow18 in the mail after 3.5 months. Looks really cool and works well so far.

I tried taking the o-rings out of the base, as someone here mentioned this improved the flavor, which to me indicates there is off gassing. But the wood cover doesn't stay on without the o-rings. I'm trying to think of a way to secure it, like with a thin wooden or metal ring instead. The entire reason I chose the Glow18 was because I thought I could use it without any silicone.

After I finally got the Glow 18 v2, I noticed the V3 was released, and I'm thinking I should have just waited. I wonder if the new version's thicker o-rings would be easier to replace with a wood or metal ring, since on mine the rings are very thin.
enjoy, and some tip i just found out (combusted) - don't go over 40w with water piece. it works differently with water. dry can go up to 60w if you draw fast, very fast.

Duba

Accessory Maker
the glow is amazing with 45W full opened airflow and long cooling dimples stem
Thank you GlodenBud! Since few weeks i'm using my Glow18 (V3), my first 510vape, and i'm searching the good way to perform without found it. I read your post and i tried. Now i have good results with simple drawing feeling. With a long glass stem, it's perfect!

GoldenBud

Thank you GlodenBud! Since few weeks i'm using my Glow18 (V3), my first 510vape, and i'm searching the good way to perform without found it. I read your post and i tried. Now i have good results with simple drawing feeling. With a long glass stem, it's perfect!
np bro!
and thanks @GradeANugs i removed the o-ring which is closer to the coils and it feels better now!

GradeANugs

After removing the 2 o-rings that secure the wooden top to the heater, it wouldn't stay on properly (obviously), so I rigged up a way to hold it on by wrapping hemp wick around the wood a few times, and then tying each end to strips of Velcro that I attach together tightly after wrapping around the bottom of my 510 mod. Looks pretty ridiculous, but it works!

Most people will think I'm crazy for going to these extremes. I'm just not OK with potential off-gassing, given that the o-rings degrade over time and need to be replaced, and that some people can taste the difference. I bought the Glow18 after thoroughly researching all the options, and choosing this one specifically because I heard it could be used without any o-rings. So I might as well go all the way with it lol.

GradeANugs,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I'm quite sure they are both V2.

The difference is the wood type (walnut and purpleheart)
Those are what they sold (a year ago maybe?) as "basic unit". They should only come with the glass mouthpiece and be a little less expensive than classic V2.

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
thank you @Franco , any major differences between v2 and v3? despite of wood mouthpiece lacking? can't find any specifications anywhere
No problem!
I don't have a V3 so I can't make a direct comparison.
I think they have different shaped kanthal coils and with the new version you can choose the airflow ring color.
Keep in mind that the bundles, which means mouthpieces and accessories provided with the units, have changed from time to time.

LooseCucumber

Used my 18 v3 through a j hook earlier and it worked awesome. The flavor was quite good. But I ended up charring a little when I finished at 48w. I had the airflow about a quarter open. Used this and the tera in back to back seshes on the J hook and I liked the Glow considerably more. Clouds were similar but flavor was much more pure. I haven't used prior versions of this vape but hats off to dreamwood for this one. Great aesthetics and performance. Lastly, using it inverted on a J hook allows me to see the mod display (for the 10s auto shut off). I understand this defeats the purpose of having a portable box mod vape but it worked great so I wanted to share.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi guys,I don't know why you set your mod so high in power, I'm using myself only 32w and got amazing hits under 10s after the initial heat up, no need to crank power so high, just be more patient and you'll not scorch the load. Have a V1 Glow rcv14 paired with a Nunchaku tube mod.

OMGSUS

Hi guys,I don't know why you set your mod so high in power, I'm using myself only 32w and got amazing hits under 10s after the initial heat up, no need to crank power so high, just be more patient and you'll not scorch the load. Have a V1 Glow rcv14 paired with a Nunchaku tube mod.
I keep it at 45-50 with wide open airflow

SonicBacon

I have been running the RCV18 V3 at around 42 watts when using the jackpods and as low as 29 watts when using the basket screens. The V3 has become my daily carry lately, it is just so easy to pack around. I am very happy with this purchase.

Also, it took me way too long before I tried this but the V3 rips really well through a bong.

GraniteState420

I'm wouldn't suggest a setting is wrong or right, with the DWs I feel it's personal preference - I sip mine at 30W with a preheat and get flavorful hits....but I also like to open the airflow, adjust my pull and get blinded at 48Ws

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm wouldn't suggest a setting is wrong or right, with the DWs I feel it's personal preference - I sip mine at 30W with a preheat and get flavorful hits....but I also like to open the airflow, adjust my pull and get blinded at 48Ws
You are right and I agree, though I rarely change settings or airflow adjustments myself. I found a 100% free airflow makes me cough a lot morer than a slightly restricted airflow, the same with my Iheat...
so powerful and even not close to an hotspot
Yes, no hotspots for me too, I think it's cause the smart air inlets location right under the hotter part of the coils. I'm very impressed by the Glow, I know it's very difficult to set everything right in order to get the best perf without overheating. In that regard In think it's one of the best atomizer based vape with the easier learning curve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom