Dreamwood Glow

arb

Semi shaved ape
I think goes to say when purchasing these things to look at the feedback. @arb was the only one, so maybe something about. Same goes for the Herbie 510 which seems like not a good buy at the time, especially no interest in support, other than we are busy with our lives, this is just a hobby.

The Dreamwood guys have been great so far. I have a lot of their things. Too bad this one didn't work.
Can't all be home runs I reckon.
🍝

shopdognyc

In fairness to the guys, they responded pretty quickly to me, despite being in Germany.

I thought of the Glow 22 as a standalone piece, but its really like a two part-er. The wpa/bowl in the glass, and heat your mod, then pair when drawing, remove heat source.

They admitted they could have described the piece a bit more clear, and I'm okay with this explanation.

Will probably look out for a DLX at some point too.

shopdognyc

18. I had used a little tool to clear the mouthpiece screen of accumulated herb that had been drawn up to it. Evidently it loosened it, and it slipped sideways a little. Easy repair, gross experience
so odd but glad you fixed it!

shopdognyc,

GoldenBud

18. I had used a little tool to clear the mouthpiece screen of accumulated herb that had been drawn up to it. Evidently it loosened it, and it slipped sideways a little. Easy repair, gross experience
which screen? not basket right? you did "joint load" to the mp ? like 15mm screen inside glass?

GoldenBud,

Gup de Fump

Correct, the wooden mouthpiece is my preference so far. I haven't really done any fiddling with it yet, not tried basket screens or jackpods.

I did though fully take it apart last night to properly brush it out. Quite a bit of fine dust had fallen into the base, I assume normal but a little bit of maintenance I'd so far neglected.

imor jones

@Dreamwood

When will the new double coil twisted kandal be available?
I have a single coil stainless steel in my rcv18 (0.3 Ohm). Might be the worst Option!?

Last edited:
imor jones,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I got a good deal on a second hand Glow rcv14+Uwell Nunchaku. Previous owner send it very dirty and I had to clean it deeply to get rid of the bad smell/taste, idk what he vaped in but it will take sometime to season the wood with flowers vapor.

Appart of that issue I'm pretty satisfied with this vape, seems tasty, doesn't scorch loads (never had any black spot) and produce copious amounts of vapor even when power is set as low as 30w, I need to look deeply on that thread but I remenber people mentionning to use their Glow at crazy power 40-50w, not necessary with mine!

Out of the (used) box I enjoy a lot more that german atty in comparison with another german atty I tested recently... everybody is different and that's why it's nice to get so much options!

Have fun!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
do you have the wood mouthpiece or did you get the glass?
Wood mouthpiece... I like it but it's one of the minors cons I have cause it doesn't fit tight enough although I can try to replace the o-ring...

PPN,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Wood mouthpiece... I like it but it's one of the minors cons I have cause it doesn't fit tight enough although I can try to replace the o-ring...
I wrapped some Teflon tape around mine to make it seal.
🍉

arb,

Dreamwood

engineer, designer, producer
Manufacturer
In fairness to the guys, they responded pretty quickly to me, despite being in Germany.

I thought of the Glow 22 as a standalone piece, but its really like a two part-er. The wpa/bowl in the glass, and heat your mod, then pair when drawing, remove heat source.

They admitted they could have described the piece a bit more clear, and I'm okay with this explanation.

Will probably look out for a DLX at some point too.

Hey guys.
I'm sorry for the lack of answers, i just have a look here from time to time.
We are very busy atm. Like i saud it before Dreamwood is a 2 man show, me and my little brother, we can not take care of 1000 things at once. We are now trying to get the Glow RCV 18 V3 ready to release and that takes all our time + shipping orders.

I noticed you are not happy with the 22 and we removed them from the shop...

But like @shopdognyc said its not meant to stay together and hold the heavy mod on top (also the glow rcv dlx) its meant to put the heater on the bowl, hold it there, inhale, remove to clear the bong.

...I checked all the glow rcv 22 and i think i know what @arb means, some heaters are a bit wiggly. As soon as possible i will build new heater covers that fit thighter and send them to you guys.

The mix twisted kanthal double coil is in stock now, dont know if my brother had the time to get it online... i need to check. But for everything you need thats not available @ greendream. shop please just email us to info@greendream.shop

peace
dreamwood

shopdognyc

Hey guys.
I'm sorry for the lack of answers, i just have a look here from time to time.
We are very busy atm. Like i saud it before Dreamwood is a 2 man show, me and my little brother, we can not take care of 1000 things at once. We are now trying to get the Glow RCV 18 V3 ready to release and that takes all our time + shipping orders.

I noticed you are not happy with the 22 and we removed them from the shop...

But like @shopdognyc said its not meant to stay together and hold the heavy mod on top (also the glow rcv dlx) its meant to put the heater on the bowl, hold it there, inhale, remove to clear the bong.

...I checked all the glow rcv 22 and i think i know what @arb means, some heaters are a bit wiggly. As soon as possible i will build new heater covers that fit thighter and send them to you guys.

The mix twisted kanthal double coil is in stock now, dont know if my brother had the time to get it online... i need to check. But for everything you need thats not available @ greendream. shop please just email us to info@greendream.shop

peace
dreamwood
Thank you!

That is generous.

When will a DLX come out? Glow DLX is what he wants.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: wisausnk
I picked up one of the 22's and it's a great vape. Reading through the comments I think you might just be misunderstanding how it's meant to be used. The two pieces aren't meant to stick together or seal. The bowl sits on a bong, and you hold the 510 heat source on top of the bowl while you take a hit.

I've been thinking of it like using a flame lighter on a bowl, but to vape instead of smoke. It's a great concept and it's been working beautifully for me. I've also been able to use it on some of my old glass smoking pieces/bong bowls, not just the wooden bowl that came with it. You just pack a bowl, fire it up, hold it down on top of the bowl and inhale. There's no need to tape it together or worry about the pieces not sticking/sealing. It works similarly to a Sticky Brick-style butane vape, but using a regulated 510 atty instead of a butane lighter

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I picked up one of the 22's and it's a great vape. Reading through the comments I think you might just be misunderstanding how it's meant to be used. The two pieces aren't meant to stick together or seal. The bowl sits on a bong, and you hold the 510 heat source on top of the bowl while you take a hit.

I've been thinking of it like using a flame lighter on a bowl, but to vape instead of smoke. It's a great concept and it's been working beautifully for me. I've also been able to use it on some of my old glass smoking pieces/bong bowls, not just the wooden bowl that came with it. You just pack a bowl, fire it up, hold it down on top of the bowl and inhale. There's no need to tape it together or worry about the pieces not sticking/sealing. It works similarly to a Sticky Brick-style butane vape, but using a regulated 510 atty instead of a butane lighter

Yeah, just like upcoming Neo (or previous prrl/ember) and @Unklmark68's vapor lighters... I still don't remember how the 22 is different from the DLX glows though...

Yeah, just like upcoming Neo (or previous prrl/ember) and @Unklmark68's vapor lighters... I still don't remember how the 22 is different from the DLX glows though...
Yup it looks very similar to those. The DLX looked like a similar concept too, but I liked the look of the all-wood design and the larger bowl on the 22

The 22 has a wood lip/connector and a loose fit.
The dlx has a steel sleeve/connector and is compatible with the propane base dlx units.......I have no knowledge of the fit.
😁
Definitely not an airtight seal, but on mine the wooden lip fits right in on the inner ridge of the bowl and it gets the job done well. On glass pieces I find I have to crank the wattage up slightly higher since there's a bit of air leaking in, but I'm still getting clouds

Maybe try an O-ring around the wooden lip? It was a bit pricey so it'd suck if you can't get any use out of it, good luck

arb

Semi shaved ape
Yup it looks very similar to those. The DLX looked like a similar concept too, but I liked the look of the all-wood design and the larger bowl on the 22

Definitely not an airtight seal, but on mine the wooden lip fits right in on the inner ridge of the bowl and it gets the job done well. On glass pieces I find I have to crank the wattage up slightly higher since there's a bit of air leaking in, but I'm still getting clouds

Maybe try an O-ring around the wooden lip? It was a bit pricey so it'd suck if you can't get any use out of it, good luck
Yes it was a bit pricey.........and now months later after saying there was NO issue with the units he checks to see and lo and behold issues.
My unit was in Santos Palisander with the top and bottom cut from the same blank so they match.
Now he says he is gonna make it right "as soon as possible".
I paid for a matched base and bowl please.

wisausnk

Yes it was a bit pricey.........and now months later after saying there was NO issue with the units he checks to see and lo and behold issues.
My unit was in Santos Palisander with the top and bottom cut from the same blank so they match.
Now he says he is gonna make it right "as soon as possible".
I paid for a matched base and bowl please.
To be honest even if the sit on one unit is looser to another it still does not compromise the function in any means. But whatever you get proposed it is still not right...

arb

Semi shaved ape
To be honest even if the sit on one unit is looser to another it still does not compromise the function in any means. But whatever you get proposed it is still not right...
To be honest the unit I purchased did not FUNCTION at all due to the loose fit and air leaks.
I am glad you are happy with yours.

arb,
  • Haha
Reactions: Tweakz

wisausnk

To be honest the unit I purchased did not FUNCTION at all due to the loose fit and air leaks.
I am glad you are happy with yours.
Every 22 has a loose fit and is lot 100% air tight so maybe user error ? Problem is you try to bring something as a defect what in fact is by design...

wisausnk,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom