Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

lazylathe

Almost there...
Picked up an almost new Dr Dabber Switch a week ago, waiting for it to arrive still.
I have been quite happy with my DT V5 since beta testing it and it has been my daily driver for a year or so.
Always wanted a device "more finished" and not in kit form.

Picked up the Daab and it's been pretty great for what it is.
Then I picked up a Focus Carta V2 and this one is awesome! But it seems like it uses a heater similar to the V5. Easy to use and great flavour!

Hoping that the Switch will cause me to sell off some of my other gear that will instantly become redundant!

Very excited to add this to the lineup!

Alexis

Picked up an almost new Dr Dabber Switch a week ago, waiting for it to arrive still.
I have been quite happy with my DT V5 since beta testing it and it has been my daily driver for a year or so.
Always wanted a device "more finished" and not in kit form.

Picked up the Daab and it's been pretty great for what it is.
Then I picked up a Focus Carta V2 and this one is awesome! But it seems like it uses a heater similar to the V5. Easy to use and great flavour!

Hoping that the Switch will cause me to sell off some of my other gear that will instantly become redundant!

Very excited to add this to the lineup!
Good sounds!

Really hope yoy ok man and fam.

I STILL using my cherished BCG every day, forever thanks for that alone buddy.

I really hope we can chat again sometime.

Have been through some real thorny bushes in life, unable to make contact, just scrape though,

Learnt so much too, about myself, more.

I'm working on that too, good chance as well these things just take their time however.

Anon3200

Hey guys, I just figured out that Dr. Dabber has been doing a false advertising bait and switch for the last few years. They were advertising that they were using the non-explody, ultra robust, long life LiFePo4 cells but it turns out that they switched to inferior and less safe "NCA" LiNiMnCoO2 chemistry (Samsung 30Q).

LiFePo4 is rated for 4,000 to 5,000 cycles or more than 10 years of everyday use.

The Samsung 30W is rated for 250 cycles so you're getting 1/20th of the expected battery life. After a year of heavy use, one can expect the battery to be substantially degraded.

A new NCA battery from Dr. Dabber is $80. If 20 of them equals one of the advertised LiFePo4 then you are looking at an equivalent lifetime replacement cost of $1,600 in batteries. Where as with the advertised battery you would most likely never need a replacement battery.

Last edited:

Anon3200

If you take the battery out it will probably say NCA on the back indicating it is the new inferior chemistry from Samsung.
PXL-20220701-185502483.jpg

Anon3200,
Reactions: cosimo

Anon3200

I mean it would be a falling down easy class action lawsuit because they lied about what they sold us and gave us a battery with 1/20 the lifespan.

Anon3200,
Reactions: RxPlorer

Anon3200

I don't know guys. I'm super pissed about this battery thing. I tried to get them to exchange it for the LiFePo4 battery that it was advertised to include and I just say that they can't help me with that request. I just want what I paid for. I knew when I bought it that a LiFePo4 battery had and extremely long lifespan it was one reasons why I bought two of the Dr. Dabber switches. I am not going to buy a replacement battery every 1 to 2 years when I should have had a battery that would last for 20 to 30.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or nothing but I want what I paid for. Next step is a better business bureau complaint and then I'm going to open a small claims court case. I doubt they will show up and I'll probably win by default.

Texus

I don't know guys. I'm super pissed about this battery thing. I tried to get them to exchange it for the LiFePo4 battery that it was advertised to include and I just say that they can't help me with that request. I just want what I paid for. I knew when I bought it that a LiFePo4 battery had and extremely long lifespan it was one reasons why I bought two of the Dr. Dabber switches. I am not going to buy a replacement battery every 1 to 2 years when I should have had a battery that would last for 20 to 30.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or nothing but I want what I paid for. Next step is a better business bureau complaint and then I'm going to open a small claims court case. I doubt they will show up and I'll probably win by default.
Yes they should not be advertising a battery type that they don't use. But right now it seems that so many manufacturers are struggling to source their parts and materials.

So I am not gonna scream conspiracy. But very interested to hear what Dr Dabber has to say about this situation/accusation.

Texus,
Reactions: cosimo

Anon3200

This is what they said:

"As for the battery question, our manager has responded on this.

We used to use the LiFePo4 battery but we changed this over a while back. The Switch battery pack uses a Samsung 30Q INR chemistry which is a LiNiMnCoO2. It's a hybrid cell specifically designed for high outputs, such as those needed for power tools. Also the Switch battery back has an internal PCB that protects it from over-voltage, over-current, under-voltage, over-temperature, and short-circuit, reverse-polarity.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we have updated the website to address this. We issued you $25 store credit. You will receive a separate email with your store credit code that you will need to input at check out. Please input your store credit code where it says "Gift card or discount code" then click "Apply" to reduce the price prior to continuing to the shipping methods."

To which I responded:

"One of the main reasons why I purchased the switch was because of the LiFePo4 batteries which are good for 4,000 to 5,000 cycles. I looked up the Samsung batteries that you talked about and they are only rated for 250 to 300 cycles. This is less then 1/10 of life that I was expecting to get from my battery. I do not find this acceptable and consider it false advertising.

Please find me one of the LiFePo4 batteries for my switch to make it right. I'm not buying a new battery from you guys every year."

Then I got the response:

"Ed,

The current Switch batteries are advertised correctly receiving up to 100+ heating cycles on a single charge. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks & Regards
Chase"

I respond:

"Dude,

I'm talking about the number of times you can charge the battery before it wears out. Those LiFePo4 for batteries would last 15 years. Where as with the new ones... You would be lucky to get two. Literally the old battery was rated for 20 times as many charge and discharge cycles. This means one would have to spend $1,600 on replacement batteries to get the same life as what they should have got in the first place. The lifespans of these batteries are published and common facts.

The advertised capacity of both batteries is the same! If you do not know the difference between the batteries charge cycle and a heating cycle, then you should not be responding to a question you don't understand.

Please dig me out one of the batteries that was advertised to be included with the unit I paid for, actually since I purchased two of these units I should have two of the compatible LiFePo4 batteries.

Regards,
Ed"

Chase responds:

"Ed,

Thank you, but our Switch batteries will last for about 1-2 years with heavy usage as advertised. We also cover these batteries under warranty if there are any issues. I apologize, but we will be unable to assist you with this request.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks & Regards
Chase"

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Any amazing deals on the switch for 710?

Would you all recommend switch over the Carta 2?
Dr Dabber has a sale on, ends tonight.

I received my Switch in Friday, just in time for 710! The glass attach8was unfortunately broken but a replacement has been ordered.
It's a very interesting vape, so many options and temps etc... It may take a while to dial in.
It seems to excel with fat rice grain size dabs and I find the vapor output to be less that what I was hoping for.

With the same load in my Carta V2, I get 3 fat rips off the same size load and have amazing flavor and clouds.

The Switch seems to hit a but harder but I prefer the size of the Carta.

Both great, totally different devices.

lazylathe,

Pasoa2020

Dr Dabber has a sale on, ends tonight.

I received my Switch in Friday, just in time for 710! The glass attach8was unfortunately broken but a replacement has been ordered.
It's a very interesting vape, so many options and temps etc... It may take a while to dial in.
It seems to excel with fat rice grain size dabs and I find the vapor output to be less that what I was hoping for.

With the same load in my Carta V2, I get 3 fat rips off the same size load and have amazing flavor and clouds.

The Switch seems to hit a but harder but I prefer the size of the Carta.

Both great, totally different devices.
Have you also tried the inspire daab by chance?

Pasoa2020,
Reactions: lazylathe

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I have owned a Daab since April and it mostly just sites in the same place... I have not used it in a few months.
Being I have 2 younger kids it's been my main DAB device for years now. I keep it tucked under my desk and it's just so fast and convenient to use then Tuck away.:tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: lazylathe

BigTx88

Picked up a twisted tether the other day.
Love it, wish I had one before I broke my expensive cap.
Anyone else got one?

When will a new updated switch come out. Had mine since the preorder.
Used once. Day since.

BigTx88,

Twizzy

After a year of heavy use, one can expect the battery to be substantially degraded.

I've used my switch daily over the past 14 months and bought a back up battery at the one year mark. Around that time, the original was good for 60-70 "fires" before needing a charge. Five second hold time, 380* on crystal mode.

Here's where I am surprised, the new battery doesn't last any longer and I must recharge both every 6 days or so.

Mad_Max

Hello! New Switch user here. I have been looking and looking for the temp profile for standard mode and one for crystal mode. Does anyone know the temps for these settings?

Mad_Max,

Mad_Max

20 degree steps starting at 320f.
Max for purple, blue, lt blue, green, yellow are 400, 500, 600, 700, 800.
If I'm remembering right. :shrug:
Yeah, there's a cool gif here showing those settings. I'm talking about the 5 settings in standard mode, and the 5 settings in crystal mode. I would like to know what these 10 temps are so I can use these as a model in advanced mode.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Yeah, there's a cool gif here showing those settings. I'm talking about the 5 settings in standard mode, and the 5 settings in crystal mode. I would like to know what these 10 temps are so I can use these as a model in advanced mode.
Love my Switch!!
It's an absolute beast!!

This is what you are looking for!!

Top Bottom